Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT145 ~ JAKE GET THE RAKE! JOE GRAB THE HOE! REGGIE ATE THE VEGGIES!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #145

JAKE GET THE RAKE!
JOE GRAB THE HOE!
REGGIE ATE THE VEGGIES
WITH JUST TWO DAYS TO GO!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. I asked my hubby if he thought this teapot looked like an Easter teapot. Secretly I was hoping he said no because I don't wanna go Easter this week! He looked at me with this goofy look on his face and said just add an Easter Egg to something somewhere! Oh Brudder, he has no clue what I am doing half the time! Maybe that's a good thing as he might think I need to be sent away! Snort! This teapot was a gift to me from Lois (Minister's Wife). Its so cute! Thanks Lois!

2. Meet Reginald Thurman Von Veggie III. He was named after his Grandfather, his Father and I suppose if he ever has kids, his son will be named after him! His grandfather is a famous author and has many, many successful books still on the market today. And his father has followed in his footsteps and has published his most recent best seller called Living in Harmony with Prize Winning Gardners. It's the How To of How To's! He has found his success in teaching the bunnies of today to get along with, live with and even befriend world renound gardners of today. It makes life much more enjoyable to have permission to munch along the rows of lush green prize winning veggies without the constant worry of being creamed by a hoe! Why there's even a section in the book that outlines how to get your picture published along with the veggies in the best selling gardening magazines of today! Life is good for a Von Veggie!

3. You should not be surprised then, that Reggie Von Veggie was allowed, without question, to enter the lush green gardens of Lou De La Schmoo. The only reason Lou is a success is his green thumb! With a name like that, which by the way was the joke of kindergarten through high school and the fact that he has virtually no personality, it's no surprise that his gardening skills came to his rescue! Now Reggie Von Veggie is a little more edgy! He's a mite defiant with an appetite like the Green Giant! He's has arrived!! A mere two days before the annual judging of the prize winning gardens of Lou De La Schmoo. Unfortunately, Lou has spent those two days accomplishing all of the ridiculous paperwork associated with registration as well as photo shoots, interviews and all of the usual formalities that comes with being the best at what he does. Yikes!

4. Rut roh! Jake get the rake! Joe grab the hoe! Reggie ate the Veggies with just two days to go! How can we not help Reginald Thurman Von Veggie, III? I have no clue what Jake and Joe are gonna do with that rake and hoe but think how terrible it would be if that long line of famous and respected Von Veggies ended in the garden of Lou De La Schmoo? Yes, we can have our tea! But forget the cookies, cakes, scones and sweet treats! (Okay, so not the cookies, but....) It's veggies this week! Bring 42,000 veggies! Pretty, healthy ones! Ones that have not been nibbled on by the likes of Reggie! Carrots and beans, corn and sweet peas. Radishes and Turnips, Onions and Beets! Potatoes and Tomatoes, Zuchinni and Squarsh! Yes, I said Squarsh! Just in case we have to build from the ground up, bring row marker thingies, seeds, watering pales, wheel barrows, gardening gloves, sun hats, shovels, rakes and hoes! Oh, just bring whatever you think will keep Reggie the Veggie from being terminated!

If you bring more rabbits, you have to come in the back door if they have not read the book Living in Harmony with Prize Winning Gardners by Reginald Thurman Von Veggie, II.

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION:
Well, this week its all about gardening! Bring whatever you can to help grow a garden. Most preferably full grown veggies! Snort! The list above is what we will need but just in case we all are not that good at gardening, I think it would be wise to bring some pretty flowers because those do a really good job of hiding not so great vegetable plants in a garden! And don't certain flowers keep some bugs out? If not, they do in the world of make believe!

DESTINATION STATION:
This week's destination is Oviedo, Florida. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Debbie, a very good friend of Lois (Clownmom) a fellow SCSer! Debbie most recently had a hysterectomy and is not doing so well with the rehab and is a little down! She's needs some cheering up!

Please visit Post #224 in the Destination Station Thread for more information including the address to mail your card to. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card.

Here is the awesome card that Lois (Clownmom) made for her friend Debbie.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #145 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT145 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Friday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater! If you dont' want to cheat, I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it sometimes during the weekend before the next Tuesday!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT145 ~ JAKE GET THE RAKE!  JOE GRAB THE HOE!  REGGIE ATE THE VEGGIES!-reggie-von-veggie-iii-teapot.jpg   MMTPT145 ~ JAKE GET THE RAKE!  JOE GRAB THE HOE!  REGGIE ATE THE VEGGIES!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-16-2011 at 04:07 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

M&M'sgrandma - 5/10
Jdmommy - 5/12
Cookiebaker - 5/13
Catgondek - 5/14
Katlady2 - 5/16

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-10-2011 at 01:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 402 Likes on 350 Posts

Fun story, Cindy. Hope all the gardening themed cards will lift Debbie's spirits.

IN THE GARDEN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Loving the cards I'm seeing in the gallery already! Here's mine

Healthy Garden
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

here is my card for this week.

Hopefully, I posted it correctly...after writing my long story...My card wouldn't load (I forgot to resize it) So I had to do it all over again, so I shortened my info and hope I didn't forget anything...
Thanks for the challenge Cindy. After writing so much about food, It made me hungry and I need to go get a snack!
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Here's my card for Debbie
Here's the inside don't tell Mudder!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #7  
101 Airborne

Hope Debbie receives some cheer and they bring her some smiles! Here is my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

What a fun challenge! This is my first time to play.
Here is my project Mrs. Spitzer's Garden Treat

Thanks For Taking A Look!

My Gallery
My Blog - Heart Spring
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Yay - I'm on time this week! Here's my card for Debbie! Hope the influx of cards brings her lots of cheer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Who has vegetable stamps? Well the truth is I do but they are packed. I gotta add I'm glad they are 'cause this caused to to draw and colour with copics. I've been having to do this a lot lately and it's good for me, it's improving my drawing skills. Here is my "Ode to a Vegetable".
Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I loved this story....I caught Reggie in the act

Reggie the Rabbit
~~Stampin World~~ ~~My Magnolia Maddness~~##The Great Adventure##
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 635 Likes on 361 Posts

What a fun challenge again this week. Wish I could play, but impossible. Maybe next week. I'll send Lois' friend, Debbie a card just the same. It may be the oddball out as it probably won't have veggies on it. But, it most likely will have flowers. I have a huge stash in my chest where they stay for just such occasions as this. Everyone, have fun!
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Default MMTPT145

What a fun challenge this week. It was great fun to search for and finally find a digi stamp with vegetables on it. AND what fun making this card for Debbie. I hope it brings her some cheer.

Veggies for MMTPT145 by julsanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I just want to add, also, that the gallery this week, as always, is filled with awesome cards. Great job ladies.

{{HUGS}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #14  
Inky OceanGazer

here is mine

Gardening Smiles

thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Thumpers garden

Hey cindy....love the story corner again...:0)...you did mention bunnies....I could not resist, had to bring someone special back out....even tho he might have to sneak in the back door....he did read the book and pass the test tho...:0)....only thing we have to watch out for is the lettuce, but it isnt up yet, just peeking out of the dirt...lol, with the carrots and peas...:0)...thanks again for a fun t-pot challenge....here is my card....MMTPT145, "Thumpers garden" by wendy2512 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers cant come without treats....this week we are bringing....carrot cake with lots of cream cheese icing...and we did manage to save enough "carrots" to make the cake.....this sooo fun..thanks all and have a great day and ...God bless...:0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 02:17 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine MMTPT145 A Card for Debbie by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 03:10 AM   #17  

Here's my Garden Wars
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 04:14 AM   #18  

Happy brfday, ladies!! Mine is the 13th...Friday the 13th...so I get to skip this one!
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, here in north Alabama, we are back in school after the tornadoes and we are making up all the missed days. That means my daughter has THREE field trips this week, field day and a tour of middle school. I had to rush and this card did NOT want to be made! LOL

Ever had one of those days? by #1volunteer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #20  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm in a hurry, but I got a card made.

Basil Blessings (MMTPT145) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #21  
Glitter Guru

Yeah I made it to the party on the first day, there should be cookies left!

Here's my card: Time to Garden!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wendy mentioned carrot cake - that is about the only way I can sneak carrots into DH's menu...
And all my veggies seem to have disappeared but I brought a watering can - a very necessary item here in AZ but sadly probably quite superfluous in some parts of the country.

MMTPT145 - Watering the Garden by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I want to also wish a happy birthday to --

M&M'sgrandma - today
Jdmommy - THursday
Catgondek - Saturday
Katlady2 - Monday

Hope you will all be celebrating in style. (I just noticed the succession of even days - what's up with that?)

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Last edited by etsdas; 05-10-2011 at 08:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

I see another birthday - cookiebaker on the 13th - hope all your luck is good on that day.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Here's my Farmer Brown card! Yay! I'm off to go make some comments!
Digital Scrapbooking Challenges are back! Digi Scrapping Challenge Team

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working." Pablo Picasso
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Here's my Flower Boot Wishes for Debbie. Hopefully, da Mudder hasn't eaten all of the cookies yet. :p
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #26  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

I figured I'd help out by bringing gardening gloves. Only I lost one on the way in. Oooops I will use the back door.

Garden Glove

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #27  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a little note to thank all you wonderful stampers for pitching in to cheer my friend up.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my card: Blushing Cherry Bliss
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

Here's my card

Outside
Inside

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #30  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiebakerView Post
Happy brfday, ladies!! Mine is the 13th...Friday the 13th...so I get to skip this one!
Oh man! No you don't get to skip it goofball! It wasn't on our burfday bash list, I probably messed up somewhere! But you are on there now, so guess what? Come Friday, you are old! Snort! I am adding you to this post too! Giggle!

Sorry about that girlfriend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #31  

You'll see why I am so late when you see how I got here...:
MMTPT145 International Harvester by momof5sons - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I completely forgot to upload my card before leaving for work this morning!

Here is is:
MMTPT145 Fruit & Veggies! by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Happy Birthday, Ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Peas Anyone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my hidden veggie card: Flowers in the Vegie Garden! by DJRants - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

Okay, shhh......I'm sneaking very quietly through the back door. I made a flower garden get well card for Bev. It's all addressed and ready to go postal tomorrow. Thanks for taking a peek. :o)

Mycraftingtherapyroom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

here's my card..I got flowers instead of vegies...
MMTPT145 by foxy67 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, such wonderful card ladies. I am coming in the back gate, as usual. lol I had to go with flowers, and not veggies.

Here's my card. Flowers say hello
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

A few days late, but here's my card! Hope it brings a smile to Debbie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Don't you guys be thinking I don't read these posts! I do! Giggle, you all crack me up! Brenda (Benzi).....how nice of you to send a card to Debbie.......I know she will love it.....hopefully we will see you next week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm running a little late but better late than never, right? I had no veggies but I am bringing a wheelbarrow and watering can along with my Flowers. Here is My Garden of Love Card And Thanks for the birthday wishes. My day was great and I'm really glad to be alive.

Last edited by m&m'sgrandma; 05-15-2011 at 07:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes