WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY AND CHALLENGE #98
NEW YORK NELLIE! CALIFORNIA KELLY!
QUIT LAUGHING AT THE BUS DRIVER'S BELLY!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun!
A note of thanks to my fellow SCSers who hosted Teapot Tuesday while I took some time away!! I appreciate the awesome teapots and fun stories that were featured the last few weeks! Thank you Barb, Fran, Sheri and Bonnie!
This is my story!
1. Speaking of stories, while I was gone, someone started a rumor about me!! The rumor is that I always make up stories, that they're not real! Can you imagine? Well, seeing as how we are all about a challenge, I challenged myself to tell the truth this week. I'll squash that rumor! I got a great start, being quite truthful, then found myself straying from my challenge goal! Awww phooey on disproving a rumor! The beginning of my story is true!! I'll let ya know when I begin to stray, okay? (Disregard the fact that my teapot is from London, I googled till I could google no more and could not find an appropriate New York bus teapot!)
2. You are all familiar with Lorraine (pidgesmom) who is an avid teapotter! Well, she had the most amazing experience recently. She went to see a New York play with her mom and sis and found herself climbing up on Bus 42,000! Bwahaha! Now tell me people, what are the chances of a teapotter being told to catch Bus 42,000! Well, Lorraine proceeded to explain to her mom and sis why she was so excited to ride on Bus 42,000 and why she just had to snap a couple of pictures of the bus and the rules! (You know how we all feel about rules!). Lorriane ran off to snap pictures while snickering about the bewildered/blank look on her mom and sister's face. Not to mention the bewildered/blank look on the faces of all of the other lucky people who got to ride on Bus 42,000! Actually they mighta been thinking, what a weirdo! Who takes pictures of bus numbers and rules? Oh brother!!! By the way, I am still telling the truth and the pictures below are the proof.
3. Now Lorraine also works in a school and it's her responsibility at the start of school to order supplies for the entire year. Instead of ordering 80 dozen pencils, she ordered 800 dozen pencils!! Snort! What was she thinking? That probably shot the school's entire budget for the year! Rut roh! Well, I'll tell ya what she was thinking! She probably ordered them on a Tuesday and was off thinking about teapots and tea parties when she shoulda been concentrating on her pencil order! Whisper: This pencil story becomes important later and yes, this part is still true but, I should say, this is where I begin to stray!
4. New York Nellie and California Kelly had already boarded the bus and were laughing at the bus driver's big ole belly when they spotted Lorraine snapping pictures! Now these two are just plain ole fun, they are teapotter types!! Instead of thinking Lorraine had lost her marbles, they thought hey, let's see what she's up to! Well, one thing led to another and before long, plans were being made for a Teapot Tuesday Teaparty on Bus 42,000 with no stuffy bus drivers, no rules, just plenty of fun! Our mission? The opposite of the rules!
5. When the big bellied bus driver heard their plans, he radioed his fellow bus drivers! He knew he was in for big time confrontation. He heard how this bus number picture snappin' crazy lady with a purse full of pencils talked about all of her friends who teaparty each week and he knew he'd need help! Just about the time the other bus drivers came to his rescue the radio started to blare...
Just get off the bus Gus.
No need to remind us....
We know 'bout your rules, Jules!
Just let us drink tea!
Just get out the back, Jack.
We have our own plan, Stan.
Just leave us the key, Lee.
And let us drink tea!
We CAN drive a stick, Rick.
Oh yah? Yes we CAN, Dan.
Just go take a hike, Mike.
And let us drink tea!
Who ya gonna call, Paul.
Don't dare call the heat, Pete!
Just shut up and chill, Bill.
And let s us drink tea!
You just make us laugh, Cath.
Where'd ya learn to kick, Vick.
Ya-Hoo! Whoop-de-Doo, Sue.
Now we can drink tea!
So here's what we do, Sue! Sue is the big bellied bus driver's wife. She came down to see what had her hubby in such an uproar and decided this party looks fun! She was key! The one who finally got control of the bus! Our challenge? Do what the rules tells us not to! Rules are made to be broken!
Bring Gum (the loud snappin', crackin', poppin' kind!) Bring Food (the ooey, gooey, that was funny splat in your face kind!) and Bring Drink (it's a teaparty, duh! ) Now the 4th rule presents a problem cuz 42,000 smoking teapotters just might make us all sick! So this is where the pencil comes in. Bring a pencil or two (depending on how fast you smoke) so that we can pretend to smoke and get the bus driver's goat! You know, pinky up, long slender, sophisticated type of smoke (Cruella Deville style!)
Ooooh, and listen up! Take your pencils home after the party cuz Lorraine is already in trouble and dealing with her excess pencil problem!
If you bring your own plush bus, your own California Kellie or New York Nellie, you just have to come in the back door! (Whisper: That's where all the fun is anyway!) You know, what happens in the back of the bus, stays in the back of the bus! Rules are meant to be broken!
Pidgesmom (Lorraine) made an awesome sample card
Here is my card!
Quick Link to Teapot Tuesday #98 Challenge Gallery
and our adventures on Bus 42,000!!
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT98 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog
each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!
If you are confused about these challenge, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.