Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
MMTPT90 ~ TOO TALL TONY MCTEA, HE'S SO TALL, HE CAN'T FALL!
WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY AND CHALLENGE #90
TOO TALL TONY MCTEA! HE' SO TALL, HE CAN'T FALL!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun!
This is my story!
1. Well, it was just a matter of time before we were invited to yet another huge and famous sporting event! You all remember when we kicked butt at the Tour de France, saved the snails, won the race, made a few friends! The race this week is of a different nature but just as famous and maybe even more star studded! We are very fortunate to be going to the race a week early so that we can sharpen our skills, get used to the track, and maybe shop for an appropriate outfit!
2. We're Off! Oops! I've been watching too much Kentucky Derby footage! That's right we are off to the Kentucky Derby! (A week early!) I know what you all are thinking, that you can pull out your fancy schmancy hats complete with doodads, plumes and bling but before you go digging in your closet, hear me out! Once again I was able to get us free hotel rooms, swanky ones! But there is a catch! We have to, shall we say, perform a little task, but its alot easier than when we had to catch 42,000 lbs. of fish at Peggy's Cove!! Woot!
3. There is a huge uproar at the Kentucky Derby this year! Like in all sports, new athletes are coming on board year after year, pushing the envelope, raising the bar and it's no different at the Kentucky Derby. There's a new kid in town and he's got all of the hot-shot jockeys all fired up because, well because, he's TALL!! Not only is he as fast as lightening on his trusted steed, but he is too tall to fall! He's so tall that when and if his horse goes down, he just puts his feet down and walks away! Well the other jockeys just don't see any way outa this deal. They can't beat him, they can't play dirty, bump him, and take him out! So, they got to thinking. Isn't there some sorta jockey height requirement in the Kentucky Derby rule book? When they found out there isn't and that they are probably gonna get their lunch handed to them by a tall guy, they decided to just strike! The race horse owner's simply can't afford not to run their horses, they just need new jockeys! That's where we come in!
Edit: (Necessary after I made my card!)
Too Tall Tony McTea got disqualified for fighting!! That's right,you guessed it, fighting with 12 little jockeys! Turns out, he can't ride so his wife took to the saddle! Snort! Hey, I am changing the story cuz my Tony ended up looking like a girl from the very beginning. His lips are hair are at fault and in the end, I ended up adding more hair and boobs! Snort! The Photographer said that my Toni (with an i) is the ugliest girl he's every seen! I said, "Have you seen Tony? That's Tony (with a y)? Match made in heaven, dearest hubby!!
4. Here's the rules Jules. Jules is the official rules keeper for the Kentucky Derby who has been keeping the rules and record books for 42,000 years! He's old and can't remember any rules but he's an icon and no one has the guts to fire him! All of the horse owners are putting their money on Too Tall Tony (Toni) McTea so we don't have to be short, we don't have to be fast, we don't have to be cockey jockey's, we just have to ride! So no pressure to win. We just gotta make it look like an official Kentucky Derby, you know....get the owner's through the race this year!! Piece of cake!
5. Bring your horse, preferably one that looks the part and maybe some boots, a whip thingy and a beanie or something for your head. Oh heck, Jules said all we have to do is ride. Just bring any kinda critter that you can ride. Oh heck, why does it have to be a critter? Bring a bicycle, skateboard or surfboard! Okay, don't panic! If you simply cannot ride anything, then by all means, go ahead, dig in that closet of yours and bring your fancy hat! Personally, I'm riding! I am not passing up this opportunity! Don't tell the owners, but I am going for the win!
Oh, one more thing! I know some of you love riding turtles but I have to draw the line somewhere! If you bring a race turtle, you have to come in the back door!
I have help this week with two great sample cards!
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT90 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!
If you are confused about these challenge, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges
Speedy the Cat WANTS to go to the KY Derby! He's already packed, and sitting on his luggage by the door! He's has gotten his buddy, Mr. Chickadee, to VOLUNTEER to fly us up there! Tony's, my ex! He's not really that tall...I'm taller than he is,but in jockey size, well, he's a GIANT! According to Speedy the Cat, he fought like a GIRL! So, we're going to have to get there quick to find out what happens next! Besides, Speedy the Cat wants to film it for America's Funniest Human Videos!
SCS Fan Club Member
Thrilled to have been Featured Stamper #132
Thrilled to be a Puchkateer! Musezi
Thrilled to have been Queen for the Day #166
Thanks SCSers for all your encouragement!
Now before you send me to the back door....look closely. This is NOT a turtle ... it is a Doodlebug...a very rare species. I thought he could bring some creative flair to the party....after he flies me there of course! (YES Doodlebugs can fly)
__________________ GALLERY BLOG
FAN CLUB MEMBER "The world is a canvas for the imagination"