Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
MMTPT80 - IT'S SO MUCH MORE SPACIOUS, WITHOUT BODACIOUS!
WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY AND CHALLENGE #80
IT'S SO MUCH MORE SPACIOUS, WITHOUT BODACIOUS!!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun!
This is my story!
1. Welcome to Teapot Tuesday #80! This week I am featuring the most awesome teapot that I got from my friend Tosh, Stamps4funinCA. She bought it in a little Teahouse in Pat Smethers neck of the woods. Yep, those two lucky ducks live close by to each other and getta visit one another! Thank you Tosh! I love my new teapot!
2. This is a first for us girls. Not only are we entering the world of make believe but we are also traveling back in time to 1995, the year Bodacious, the World's Most Dangerous 1,800 lb. Charbray Bull, retired from the PBR after having been ridden 135 times with only 6 cowboys staying on the full 8 seconds! (Betcha the WWW guy could ride him! ) In his world, Bodacious is the man! So, it doesn't come as any surprise to hear that when he retired it wasn't to just any old green pasture! Nope, he had money, and lots of it, he had clout, stalkers, fans, and an entourage. He found a lush, wonderful paradise in Provence, France to spend his retirement years. It's a beautiful pasture adjacent to a newly constructed French Villa called La Belassiz Toscane.
3. He mosied on over to that Villa one day and met the love of his life. A very feminine snow white little French Feline named Belassiz! Now Belassiz didn't fall in love with Bodacious immediately. She was cautious at first because of the sheer size of him but she quickly discovered that his professional image and the real Bodacious were two different things. He's a big ole lovable sensitive wonderful and caring soul mate! At the time they met, Belassiz was dating her Interior Decorator, Bernarde who was hired to decorate the 42,000 sq. ft. French Villa. Bernarde is quite bitter about Bodacious and is always taunting him about being big and clumsey. He doesn't like him in the Villa, says he's like a bull in a china closet! He's always saying that it's so much more spacious, without Bodacious! He has waggered a bet with Bodacious and the prize is Belassiz! He will decorate 21,000 sq. ft. of the Villa and Bodacious is to decorate the other 21,000 sq. ft. The one who decorates the half that Belassiz is most moved by will gain her hand in marriage! Belassiz is so very worried as she truly loves Bodacious! But look at him (picture below!), he could be like a bull in a china closet! That part is not make believe!
4. Well, here's the deal, Chanille. Chanille is a constant companion and neighbor to Belassiz! As a matter of fact, we will be staying at her Villa just up the road! We are here to insure a Bodacious victory! Bring beautiful things! Things that will turn this newly constructed Villa into a place of sheer beauty. Chandoliers, lamps, vases, flowers, draperies, hand woven carpets, satin and lace pillows, extravogant wall papers, fancy furniture, statues, sculptures, 14 carat gold fixtures, diamond studded door knobs, decorative indoor water falls, expensive paintings, china and crystal! Now this deal could go both ways but we have the chance to make it a win-win for our little buddy Bodacious! We do good and Bodacious will win. Not so good, Bodacious will lose. But, I am sure if he loses, he will introduce his professional image to Bernarde in a fit of rage! After all, he is the Master of Disaster (See picture below!!) After Bernarde has run off and his decor is forever demolished, we should enough stuff to redecorate Bernarde's side of the Villa too! Just in time for Bodacious and Belassiz to enjoy their happily everafter ending in La Belassiz Toscane!! A win-win don't you see!
1. Belassiz' favorite flower is the Iris.
2. If you bring pink flamingos for the front terrace, plastic flowers , wax fruit, or black velvet paintings of naked felines, you have to come in the back door!
3. Don't forget the expensive china tea sets. We will be having tea you know, I made sure of that!
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT80 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!
If you are confused about these challenge, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges
SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
What happened to my post earlier!!! It ain't here....
I had time for a quick peek before taking a lift out to the dentist, only to discover that what I thought was a dog was a cat...just as well I didn't go for a sneak peek card, or I'd have been barking up the wrong tree and had to spin a tall tail.
Back from the dentist and ready to play .
OMG!! Cindy, this is hysterical...a bull and a feline!?!? LOL!! This couple surely does need the teapotters help...Bodacious is one fierce bull...my nephew is a bull rider and actually drew this bull in Austin one yr...can't say that he rode him as he was off less than 2 seconds out of the chute...hope this villa has very wide halls and maybe even shatterproof glass on the china cabinets..
Happy tea partying everyone! See you in France and maybe we'll be witnesses at a wedding!
SCS Fan Club Member
Thrilled to have been Featured Stamper #132
Thrilled to be a Puchkateer! Musezi
Thrilled to have been Queen for the Day #166
Thanks SCSers for all your encouragement!
this is mine for Bodacious's Villa..but I'm confused, I thought Bodacious and Bellassiz were together... oh well!!
I tried putting up your blog on my card Cindy and it was taking forever..hope it's on there now...this is mine: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...rds&si=MMTPT80
Oh La la! Provence! C'est ma region favorite...
Oops, I think I was refreshing my French in honor of the location.
I am bringing the beginning of a field of flowers so Bodacious can start a perfume factory - it will take a few spare Euros for them to maintain 42,000 square feet. I thought a bit of elegance would help smarten up the Villa. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...00&ppuser=2873
Footnote - it has taken me forever to get this uploaded - not sure where the weak link is, but I was getting frustrated!
Thanks for the invite to Provence for the Tea Party, Cindy! Can't wait to help Bodacious decorate the villa! Here is my card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=143903
I've brought some accessories to help with the decorating!
See you at Chanelle's!
Happy Birthday Dawn, Connie Jo and Anne!
Man oh man! I am really late to this party! I love the kitty teapot, it is beautiful! I sure do hope to be able to attend the party soon. Life has been a bit crazy for me the last few weeks & I haven't been faithful in going to the parties.
Happy Birthday to Dawn, Connie and our very own Valentine, Anne!
Cindy, Cindy girl, wow that's a whole lotta info to process. Of course, I'm fashionably late ~ it takes too long to process the comings and goings, the relocations, decorations, hands in marriage and 42,000' of interior design.
Fan Club Member
Former RubberNecker DT and current fan!
SCS Product Review Team
"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
is no path and leave a trail." ... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Last edited by Anne Ryan; 02-10-2010 at 09:44 AM..