Well, Santa has only 23 days to get ready for the big ride!!! We don't want him to go through what he went through last year!!!
Here's his story:
1. Last year, he headed out on his normal route covering most of Europe first and working his way west. He shouted, "Now, Dasher!" and thought he heard an echo, "Now, Dasher!" Then, he said, "Now, Dancer!" and he heard, "Now, Dancer!" Every word he spoke was echoed back at him! You can imagine how annoying that can be.
2. After a while, he realized that the echo was coming from his bag of toys! He pulled over somewhere in Ireland and checked his bag. The echo was coming from a Teddy Bear! He checked, and there was no switch to turn it off! One of the elves must have been responsible for this.
3. Well, you can't drive a team of reindeer without shouting some commands, so you can imagine how annoying that bear was by the time he got to North America!! He decided that the bear was going to be returned to the North Pole. He would just have to give little Gretta Gobstopper some Barbie dolls instead.
4. One more little issue came up when he stopped at 10 year old Cornelius Doilyslobber's house. It was 3:00 AM and that boy was still up!! You see, Cornelius is kind of a hyperactive kid and he'd had way too many cookies before he went to bed.
5. Santa had planned to leave him a drum, but he decided, "That boy's mother was such a good little girl. I just can't do that to her!" Santa thought that the boy might be musically inclined and didn't want to inhibit that talent, so he left him a small keyboard complete with earphones! He knew the boy's mother would appreciate those!
6. Santa brought back the drums and that annoying Teddy Bear, and they are still on the shelf in his workshop. "It sure would be nice to know ahead of time what NOT to bring people for Christmas," he thought.
That's our mission. We are having our teaparty at the Silver Legacy Hotel/Casino in Reno, Nevada (my neck of the woods). We have to get together and make a list of items NOT to bring!! (While you're here, you might take in a show like the "Holiday on Ice" at the Eldorado Hotel/Casino right next to the Silver Legacy!)
The challenge is to make a card showing the worst present you can imagine for you or anyone in your family!! OR, you can make a card showing the best present you ever received or what you or your family would like the most. You need to tell us in your description which it is and why. Have fun, everyone!!!
Note: The Christmas teapot (See attached thumbnail) shows Santa holding drums and a Teddy Bear. You know why!
Please use MMTPT70 as a keyword.