Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-08-2017, 05:07 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT472~August 8, 2017~Rock Around The Doghouse Tonight

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #472

Rock Around The Doghouse Tonight

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Oh my goodness!! Have y'all heard that the fabulous one and only Doris Daisy Dog is coming out of retirement and is starring in a new movie that she is co-producing? It is going to be FAB!! and she is doing this to bring attention to the plight of all the unwanted and discarded dogs that need to find loving homes. There will be promo spots of course and donation hotlines too; but the best part of all is that she is being very specific about her co-stars.

2: In order to even get an appointment to audition for the spots, each doggie must have his person send in letters and pictures to provide proof that they rescued them from a shelter. How COOL is that? No hoity-toity nose in the air prima-donna need apply cuz you will be sent home with only a complimentary doggie chew. What we want here is bona-fide 2nd chance doggies and we are willing to hold up production until we get enough "just right" doggies. Each of these co-stars will have a part in the promotional propaganda as well because their stories will be on billboards, posters, commercials and ads everywhere once we get close to premiere time.

3: Oh boy!! This is exciting news. And all the doggies and their people are busy getting together pictures and other proof that they rescued their pet and how much their lives have improved since they brought their pet home. And of course there are lots of nervous twitters and barks because the fabulous Doris Daisy Dog is going to be present at all the auditions as well. And word has it that she will be the one with the final say on who gets the really prime leading spots.

4: So lots of bathing, primping, clipping, nail painting, and pouf-poufing the likes of which has never been seen before is going on and the applications are pouring in. Doris Daisy Dog is such a pro at this that her person is left with the other mundane details to arrange such as props and shooting locations. However, she has come down with a horrendous case of allergies and is having difficulty dragging herself out of bed. And filming is set to start in less than a week!!!!

5: RUT ROH!!!! Teapotters surely we can come up with a soda fountain, some records, tables and chairs and even a jukebox so this show can get going.

Challenge Translation:

Bright colorful cheerful get well wishes with lots of dogs, poodle skirts, and party hats. We need to load this bus up and the get this party started.

Destination Station:

This week the teaparty bus is traveling to IN. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Mischale. She was brought to our attention by her sister SCSr ohmypaper

to find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit Post 577 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is a quick link to MMTPT472 challenge gallery

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT472 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT472~August 8, 2017~Rock Around The Doghouse Tonight-74c955ce6df92798c0e36a7563ee6bff.jpg   MMTPT472~August 8, 2017~Rock Around The Doghouse Tonight-4c50ddb7b92409131dacfdbdff8c864e.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 08-15-2017 at 05:26 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 04:09 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

THis is so awesome! THank you so much for having a tea party destination for my sister! They found a walnut sized abscess behind her eye! She is recovering steadily now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

I didn't realize that this was going to be a Tea Party for your sister, Angela - but did send her a card to wish her well and hopefully uplift her. So sorry to hear that she is going through this, but I do have faith that it will all turn out okay. God Bless!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #4  

Received 648 Likes on 367 Posts

Angela, of course, I'll send your sister a card. It may not be a poodle skirt or or party hat. With DTGD and all my commenting, I think I will have to send a card I already have made. Geez! Hope your sister is recovering nicely. An abcess behind the eye.....goodness.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 06:00 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I didn't have time to make a card that actually fit the challenge, so I sent Mischale a card from my stash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 08:16 AM   #6  

Thank you, thank you for sending her cards! Her friend base is really tiny right now. This will be such a huge surprise. Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

My card Mischale

Jukebox Party by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 11:18 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 364 Likes on 266 Posts

Here's my card for Mischale. Hope she likes it..I had fun making it.:p

MMTPT472 You're Cool by peeps321 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,189 Likes on 1,823 Posts

Here's my card for Angie's sister!!

Get Well Huskies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 02:23 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's my card for Angie's sister, Sending Sunshine and Joy. I'll pop it in tomorrow's mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 455 Likes on 202 Posts

My little butterfly is "Flitting by...sending butterfly kisses and get well wishes!" She wants to be part of the Teapot Party bus going to visit Angie's sister. You can see she's peeking through the window begging, "Please, open the bus door, I want to be part of the gang!" I personally think she should be invited, because I saw her fly off a poodle skirt because it was moving too slow, and she afraid the bus would leave without them!

See her here: Feel Better Soon! as she flits right onto that Teapot Party Bus!
Carlene aka Chatterbox-1--My BLOG; My Pinterest; My SCS Gallery; FAVORITES Team Member; 2022 Christmas Card Challenge 75/105. My SCS Goal: Challenge Catch-up; Sketch Challenge Sample Card Team (August 2022--January 2023).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Getting this in the mail today for Mischale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2017, 09:04 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 658 Likes on 415 Posts

well, I don't really have anything on the list 'cept dogs so... I did this one using the cookie colors and a card from Sharon's (FS) gallery as a jump start.

MMTPT472 & FS549 Better by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #14  

I want to say a big thank you to all those who sent a card to my sister!!! She has been taking pics and sending them to me! She LOVES them. She said it's like Christmas! Thank you so much for cheering her up!!! We appreciate all of you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes