Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,054 Likes on 812 Posts
Default MMTPT365 ~ July 28, 2015 ~ Beatrix Potter is Coming to Teapottersville

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #365

MMTPT365 Beatrix Potter is Coming to Teapottersville

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

gabalot/Gabby is our guest hostess for the Tickle challenge this month. I hope you all enjoy her write-up as much as I did - it made me want to get my complete Beatrix Potter off the shelf and re-read some of those stories. When I was growing up we had a set of Beatrix Potter placemats. When it was my turn to set the table (twice a week), I could make sure that I got my favourite, which was Squirrel Nutkin. Thanks for the memories, Gabby!

And here, in Gabby's own words, is the challenge:

Close your eyes and turn back the clock. Imagine that it�s 1917 and the beloved English author and illustrator, Beatrix Potter, is embracing her life with her country solicitor husband, William Heelis and his large family, her farms, the quiet community in which they reside and reflecting in her happiness with their country life. She is in her private studio and workshop at Hill Top Farm in Near Sawrey in the beautiful English Lake District. She is making story notes and drawing sketches that will later become her book The Tale of Johnny Town-Mouse.

Now, keep your eyes closed and fast-forward to July 28, 2015. There�s a hustle and bustle in Teapottersville as 42,000 Teapotters prepare for the big celebration! They are decorating the Victorian Potter�s Manor with streamers, banners and bows, and bouquets of flowers and wreaths and garlands galore. They are gathering up a beautiful mix and match of delicately painted teapots and teacups and brewing the most delicious Earl Grey, chamomile, peppermint, fruity, and English breakfast teas. The smell of delectable, fresh-baked shortbread, Madeleines and scones to serve with fresh, fruity jam, is in the air. An assembly line of Teapotters are preparing English cucumber mint and egg with cress finger sandwiches which will be served on vintage three-tier Winton china servers � and more.

Next, imagine that somehow, from an existence beyond, Beatrix Potter herself has chosen to return to celebrate her 250th earth birthday with the Teapotters! Not only is she coming to celebrate and socialize and enjoy our company, she is coming to share her art and her heart with each of us, as well. She will share with us happy childhood stories about her time spent in nature settings. How her pets and the array of animals and critters she encountered, the people she knew and the places she traveled, inspired her to create her wonderful stories. Beatrix will explain how she developed personalities for each of her well-known and beloved characters. Characters such as Mr. McGregor and Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck, Samuel Whiskers, Benjamin Bunny, The Flopsy Bunnies, Mr. Jackson a sloppy toad, Ginger and Pickles, Hunca Munca and her husband Tom Thumb, Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle, Tom Kitten, Mrs. Tittlemouse, Timmy Tiptoes, Pigling Bland and Pig-wig, Mr. Jeremy Fisher, Squirrel Nutkin, Tommy Brock, the notorious badger and his arch enemy, Mr. Tod the fox, and others. She will show us how she painted her simple line drawings and watched her characters come to life.]It will be an exciting, eventful day as Beatrix�s life and writings inspire us to create our own characters and give them personalities and bring them to life. With any luck, one by one, our delightful characters will bring a Smile and a Tickle to a Teapotter.

**Information herein obtained from personal knowledge and on the internet through various biographical sites, Wikipedia and the link below.

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION: To celebrate her life and the artistic legacy she left us, honor Beatrix on her 250th birthday by using your imagination to re-invent one of your stamps. It could be one or more favorite animals, insects, spiders, birds, sea dwellers, monsters, or others (if you please, no people.) Use your imagination. Create a name and personality for them, color them and give them life.
EPEC: If it strikes your fancy (Susie in Oz, are you reading this--heehee) go a little further by writing a story about your character(s) and share it in your card description. If you do, I�m sure some extra shortbread cookies and Earl Grey tea will be waiting for you.

If you need inspiration to create your own character, here is a link to a webpage that shows Beatrix�s books, character�s names and illustrations of them:

https://sites.google.com/site/beatri...tter-character

If you have not read about Helen Beatrix Potter, on the internet you will find a great deal about her life, accomplishments and the legacy she left. She was an amazing, accomplished writer and illustrator but also a scientist and scholar. Growing up in Victorian times with a strict Unitarian father, on the one hand, greatly limited her freedom but on the other hand, his social stature, associations and wealth gave her opportunities unknown to most. Both of her parents encouraged her and her younger brother to be resourceful, inventive and to create art which opened the door for Peter Rabbit and all her other beloved characters.

And now I'm back again with the "housekeeping" stuff! Thank you, Gabby.
DESTINATION STATION:
This week our destination is each other! Once a month, we send our cards to each other! A little payback and reward to the teapotters for always sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station.

:arrow: I have started this new thread in the Teapot Tuesday Extras Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go to this thread and follow the instructions.

Here is a Quick Link to the MMTPT365 Challenge Gallery

Here is Gabby's card: MMTPT365 Dee Dee Bootsenfritz and her Sidekick Hans Boot

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT365 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT365 ~ July 28, 2015 ~ Beatrix Potter is Coming to Teapottersville-71zlobovbbl._sx425_.jpg   MMTPT365 ~ July 28, 2015 ~ Beatrix Potter is Coming to Teapottersville-jempudteapot.jpg   MMTPT365 ~ July 28, 2015 ~ Beatrix Potter is Coming to Teapottersville-beatrix-potter-baby-shower-cookies.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 08-04-2015 at 05:21 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2015, 08:44 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for such a fun challenge Gabby. Here's my card and story
MMTPT365 Plucka Duck by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I am glad we got a Cheater email, but not so glad all of our email addresses were included. I have deleted the email from my inbox and recycle bin.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2015, 04:35 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

I had so much fun with this card! Then talking to a friend, I realized we weren't suppose to use people! Well my lamb is in the inside of the card ... guess it is the back door for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2015, 05:17 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts

I hope this will do. I am still fighting exhaustion from the trip to the wedding. I am hoping these little blue birds wake someone with their pretty songs.

MMTPT365 Singing Birds by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2015, 10:22 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 364 Likes on 266 Posts

Oh Gabby this Tickle was inspired..I LOVE it!! I really had fun making one of my rabbits into my version of a Beatrix Potter character! Here's my card:

You are invited...
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT365 ~ July 28, 2015 ~ Beatrix Potter is Coming to Teapottersville-peeps321_bunny673.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Here is my card Flopsy & Mopsy. Love this challenge and had fun with it. Thank you Sabrina1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2015, 12:55 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Thank you, Gabby!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2015, 01:22 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gabby really made us work for this one! But.............it was FUN! Thanks for the challenge!

A Tale of Rudolph

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause

Rita/scootsv
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2015, 08:21 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 183 Likes on 151 Posts

Okay Sabrina, here's my card and story. Thanks for the fun! I really enjoyed doing this!
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2015, 09:26 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart THANKS TO THE TEAPOTTERS!

Thanks to all who play in my Tickle challenge! It was a FUN story to write for ya'll. Can't wait to see your cards and read your stories!

Meet Dee Dee Bootsenfritz and her Sidekick Hans Boot

Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2015, 04:06 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Here is my card for this challenge, which was soooo much fun!

Miss Millie by buddy'smama - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2015, 06:02 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " Twinkles on the lookout for Midnight Blues "

What a fun story, idea and challenge. I brought along a little book staring Twinkles and Midnight blue....he is on another page...;0)...Here is Twinkles
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2015, 09:19 AM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Just wanted to tell Gabby this is one of the most original and creative challenges I have ever seen. It was a lot of fun.
I've posted my card, and I'll be pack later today to comment on the gallery -- I took a peak and there are some really great characters in there.
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

What a fun challenge...LOVE it!!!
The joy of the Lord is your strength. Neh. 8:10

http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.ca/
Reply With Quote Likes