Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT273~October 22,2013~Aloha, C'mon Myrtle, you're Slower than a Turtle

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #273

Aloha. C'mon Myrtle, You're Slower than a Turtle

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Have you ever tried to keep secrets from the Birthday Girl? YIKES!! Well, if you have, you can understand the dilemma that the gals at the Swiss Villa have. Every month they have a birthday party for all the folks having birthdays that month. In the grand month of October there is only one birthday girl and she lets everyone know that she gets her own special birthday cake and she doesn't have to share if she doesn't want to. And then she laughs herself silly at their expressions. Yep, Miss Myrtle is quite "something else" and enjoys every day of life here. Miss Myrtle has no family left except for a couple from her old church who sort of "adopted" her but they don't get to come by much. So as her birthday nears, she can be seen and heard badgering the staff to tell her what kind of cake they are making and making sure that they remember she likes both chocolate and vanilla ice cream and she's to old to have to choose. MWAAAAAHAAA!!! Sounds like a good ole time will be had by all at her party.

2: What Miss Myrtle doesn't know; and the staff are desperately trying to keep secret from her is that this isn't going to be just any birthday party. Her adopted family are going to able to come up for visit and due to her advanced age...she is going to be 104 after all....they are planning a H-U-G-E shindig. Miss Myrtle has always told them that the one and only thing she never got to do that she wanted to was to see the ocean. Well, there aren't any oceans nearby so they've decided to create one. There is a large lake nearby and they've cleaned up the shore, hauled in truck after truck of sand with the mayor's blessing. It will be a great swimming place for townspeople later.

3: If the birthday party is to be at the beach; there is really only one theme appropriate. Yep, you guessed it. We're having a real Luau. The plans are in place and practically the whole town has been invited. But that Miss Myrtle is hard to fool and she has seen them whispering and quitting when she is near. She's caught snatches of conversation but can't put it together in her mind what they are planning. The staff are afraid they will let something slip and ruin the surprise. They've turned the staff lounge into a workroom and are busily making the flower leis. The cooks have been busy making all the wonderful side dishes to go with the pig that is ready to go in the pit that is being dug on the "beach". And nosy Miss Myrtle has been sniffing things that haven't been showing up on her plate for lunch and she wants to know why. They aren't sure how much longer they will be able to sidestep her questions.

4: The other things are having to be brought in secretively. The stage for the hula dancers and the fire dancers is being built. The churches have donated long tables for the event and they have to be secreted into the storeroom after dark so as not to be seen. And there are suddenly lots of potted trees added to the solarium. None of this has escaped notice by Miss Myrtle and she's trying hard to put the pieces together. In order to not let the cat completely out of the bag, Miss Myrtle is being kept busy with "helping" the girls, and anyone and everyone who can has been asked to hide things in their garages. Thus the main problem remaining is getting all these things to the beach and setting up the area since most of these good folks work and must get some sleep.

5: That's where we come in Teapotters. One of our gals heard about the plans and you know how we love a good party. And can we be secretive? Oh yeah, that's a given. So we have been given our instructions. Operation Luau is now commencing. When the morning of the big day arrives, Miss Myrtle thinks she is being taken into town to get her hair and nails done for her birthday so she shuffles out to the van.

"C'mon, Miss Myrtle, you are slow as a turtle today" said Clancy. Clancy would be the aging driver.

Miss Myrtle tells him "If I thought you were going to get me there in a hurry, I might hurry".

"Now, Miss Myrtle, you don't want to be late for your party do you?"

"How do you know there is going to be a party?, I've been trying to get them to spill the beans for days and they're as tight lipped as a clam. I'm tellin you, they are up to something"

"Oh, they aren't gonna forget your birthday, no matter what else they've got going on"

"Hmmph!!"

"Now, you know the only reason, you've got a burr in your saddle is because you haven't been able to figure out their plan" laughs Clancy. "Here, we are" Clancy announces. "I'll be waiting when you are gorgeous"

"Well, don't grow old waiting" cackles Miss Myrtle as she heads into the salon.

6: On the way back, she notices Clancy is not going the right direction. "Have you lost your way, you ole coot?"

"Nope, just thought you'd like a ride on a fine day like this. I hear the lake is real pretty."

"The Lake?" "Now, I know you've lost your mind. Turn this thing around."

"Just one little spin around and then we'll head back"

"Hmmmph!!"

As Clancy nears the "beach", Miss Myrtle notices a crowd and wonders what is going on. "What are we doing over here you ole coot. The action is over there"

As Clancy turns the van towards the party, the assembled folk finally recognize that the party girl is here and the sounds of Don Ho singing Happy Birthday can be heard. "Oh my stars" exclaims the birthday girl. This is one party she didn't see coming. The staff, the other residents, the mayor, the townspeople are all here to celebrate her special day with her. Anxious to get out, she yells at Clancy to hurry up, "C'mon man, you're slower than a turtle.

Challenge Translation:

Bring those torches, those beach chairs, the hula dancers, the loud Hawaiian shirts, the flip flops, whatever you think we need to have a proper Luau. But leave the bugs at home, the mosquitoes and flies aren't welcome.

EPEC; extra points for extra cookies:

Kittens are welcome

Destination Station:

This week we are going to Vevay IN. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Myrtle who will be 104 on October 25. Myrtle was brought to our attention by SCSr grateful2bsaved Her "adopted" family is wishing for lots of cards from all over.

If you want an address to mail your card, go to post374 in the Destination Station.
. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday 273 Challenge Gallery.

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT273 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT273~October 22,2013~Aloha, C'mon Myrtle, you're Slower than a Turtle-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg   MMTPT273~October 22,2013~Aloha, C'mon Myrtle, you're Slower than a Turtle-il_570xn.403869435_hpy4.jpg   MMTPT273~October 22,2013~Aloha, C'mon Myrtle, you're Slower than a Turtle-il_570xn.477477643_rb1d.jpg   MMTPT273~October 22,2013~Aloha, C'mon Myrtle, you're Slower than a Turtle-myrtle.png  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 10-29-2013 at 12:25 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #2  

teaparty.jpg

WHOOOOHOOO!! Birthday Girl

Yes, we have only one birthday girl this week, so y'all be sure and eat some of these cookies:

SMadson 10/28
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

HAPPY 104th BIRTHDAY to MYRTLE!

MMTPT273 Happy 104th Birthday, Myrtle! by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thank YOU for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2013, 02:06 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Here is my Happy Birthday to Myrtle. You go girl!!!

MMTPT273 - Myrtle Beach by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

Here is my safety first card. Myrtle's bd party at the lake might need some if the sailboats are out!
Safety First by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Miss Myrtle:
MMTPT273 by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " ALOHA "

Here is my card for our " Birthday Laou Orchids " ....for our Birthday girl...Have a good day all...:0)
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Funnily enough, I made a seashell card last week that just needs a birthday sentiment to be perfect for this challenge. Here it is ; it'll get in the mail to Myrtle tomorrow.
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 174 Likes on 120 Posts
Default MMTPT273

Here is my card for Myrtle's teaparty -

MMTPT273 An Ocean For Myrtle by sue28 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

QFTD143
FS420
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Here's my Happy104 Birthday--writings in the sand card for Myrtle---bet she has some good stories to be heard!

Myrtle's Sea Shore Birthday Card by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts

I think I'm going crazy, because I could SWEAR I posted here, but I don't see the post. I just wanted to say I'm in awe of all the gorgeous cards I saw in the gallery. It truly takes my breath away. I loved each and every one of them. Myrtle is going to be in heaven when she sees these cards!!! Thank you all so very much for making this such a special birthday for Myrtle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

A very happy birthday to Ms. Myrtle! What is a luau without hula dancers, so I brought the hula dancers to the party! TFL!

Hula Dancers by txcrafter60 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 180 Likes on 149 Posts
Smile

Going out late, but hope Myrtle likes my card anyway.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Myrtle sends her thanks and love!

I just wanted to thank all of you lovely ladies again. It really made Myrtle's birthday! Her adopted great-granddaughter said she has been over the moon about the cards she has been receiving, and showing them off to everyone in the nursing home. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT273~October 22,2013~Aloha, C'mon Myrtle, you're Slower than a Turtle-myrtle-1.png  
Reply With Quote Likes