Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #267
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
This is my story!
1. Ricky Rana's best bud was his dad. Together they would hike, fish, camp and do all sorts of manly stuff. Ricky was learning all about the natural world the best way possible. Ricky's very favorite thing to do was hunt frogs. Ricky new the names of every type of frog in his area...and could even identify them just by the sound that they made! Ricky had learned to be very quiet and still, to slowly approach the amphibians. He could sit still for long stretches just watching them croak or chirp or sing their way through the day.
2. Most of the time his dad made Ricky watch, but occasionally they would catch a frog with their fishing net. Once while they were fishing Ricky heard a loud "jug-o-rum" right where he was sitting and knew there was a bullfrog nearby. He caught the beautiful green specimen and this time his dad let Ricky take him home.
3. Ricky's mom wasn't thrilled but helped him set up a terrarium habitat for his new pet...who was promptly named Freddy of course! Freddy had a pretty cool pad on their shaded back porch. Every morning - even before he ate breakfast - Ricky would check on his pet. Ricky made sure that Freddy had fresh clean water, aquatic plants and plenty of small fish and insects to catch.
4. One day, Ricky got very sick and could not get out of bed. His parents took him to the hospital and found out that Ricky needed surgery. Ricky made his parents promise to take care of Freddy. They did, but when his mom was changing Freddy's water he hopped right out of the tank and away into the neighbors' yard. She chased and followed Freddy, but he was soon lost as lost could be. Oh Freddy start croakin', Rick's heart will be broken! You must not long roam, Ricky soon will be home!
5. Well you guessed 'er Chester...Teapotters have to go a frog-huntin'! Keep those pinkies up ladies as you crawl on your bellies through the swamp. I've heard from a very reliable source that flinging cookies is the best way to attract frogs!
I thought that this month I wouldn't have a song about a frog, but by a frog...remember this?
Make get well cards with frogs, fish or camping.
EPEC (Extra Points for Exta Cookies):
Include a heart on your card. But no flies as Ricky's mom will get mad! It will be the back door for all of us!
This week our cards are going to Milwaukee Wisconsin. If you would like a destination for your card, how about Tyler? Tyler is the nephew of SCSer Mzinkspot
To find out more and to get the address to mail your card, please visit Post 368
in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!
Here is my card .
is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday 267 Challenge Gallery
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT267 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for you.