Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT242 ~ Mar. 19, 2013 ~ Dewie Doohurtle and the Flying Machines

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #242

Dewie Doohurtle and the Flying Machines

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story

1: This year at the Hot Air Balloon Festival promises to be the biggest and bestest ever. They've got 42,000 balloonists lining up with their balloons, each one fancier and more colorful than the next. The pilots are all in their finery in colors to match their flying machines. Their co-pilots are starting to show up and folks, this is where the real show begins. The co-pilots are all dressed to the nines to coordinate with the pilot but on a totally different level. Most of them are in silks, chiffons, and other finery with the bling so on display, the camera flash pales in contrast. Yes, these ladies are who you see in the balloon with their scarves flying, and waving at the crowd oblivious of everything but having a good time. They really quite steal the show on the ground and once they arrive, the champagne corks start popping and the festivities really get started. Once the magnificent balloons get airborne, they become the show and can be seen for miles around, and no one can take their eyes off the amazing sight for long.

2: The tourists have staked out their favorite spots to camp and watch the show. The vendors are out in full force hawking souvenirs and popcorn and peanuts. Everyone is settling in for a wonderful day watching the beautiful sights float across the sky. The hotels are all full and the townfolk are celebrating another yrs successful event and relishing their time in the spotlight. Everywhere you go, you see people laughing and cheering, people bragging about whose balloon will win the contests, who has the prettiest, the smallest, the largest, the most outrageous etc. All having a grand time while they wait for the start of the show.

3: All except Dewie, that is. Dewie Doohurtle is famous world over for his flying skills and the amazing way he can fly any machine that can be put in the air. He is a local favorite here at the balloon festival but things in Dewie's camp are in a bit of a turmoil. Seems his co-pilot Eeyore hasn't returned from an engagement at Disney and is about to miss the starting line up. Dewie isn't about to fly without his faithful sidekick and companion. They have been together since childhood and know each other so well. So leaving his camp and balloon preparations to his ground crew, Dewie runs off in search of a way to get Eeyore here in time. If he can get clearance from nearby airstrip, he can take his personal 747 with its custom black and orange paint scheme and orange interior and pick Eeyore up himself and they can just make it back in time to get in the line up. They will be further back than usual but Dewie knows that his balloon and Eeyore are the favorites and everyone will be watching for it to appear and he can't let them down.

4: Rapidly calling everyone he can think of, Dewie races towards his plane to try to go after his little buddy. but no one is answering and without clearance he can't get a traffic plan filed. Rut-Roh....what to do..what to do....who to call....Eeyore has to get here and soon....Overhearing his conversation, one of the tourists digs out her cell phone and puts in an emergency call to the Teapotter's headquarters and enlists the help of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teapotters. Surely if anyone can help they can. Why didn't they come to the rescue of her dear sweet Lou-La-Bellah recently? Surely they have people in CA that can shuttle Eeyore to someone in AZ and so forth till they get him here. She is confident in her plan.

Challenge Translation:

Ok, game on Teapotters. We've got to get Eeyore to the festival. So bring Eeyore, bring planes, bring balloons, bring any kind of flying machine you can find; just get him to the party

EPEC - Extra points for extra cookies

bring scripture too if you can. Thanking the Lord everyday is Dewie's plan

Destination Station:

This week our destination is Bill in Bend Oregon. Bill was brought to us by fellow teapotter Connie stamp300
Bill is in 100 days of isolation after treatment for Leukemia and could use some cheering up. If you would like a destination for your card, how about mailing it to Bill and helping bring some cheer to his hotel room. To find out more and get an address to mail your card, go to post 341 in destination station.

Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card .

Here is Connie's fab card

Here is a quick link to the Teapot Tuesday #242 Challenge Gallery.

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT242 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!

Read more: MMTPT SHELL by Mothermark at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT242 ~ Mar. 19, 2013 ~ Dewie Doohurtle and the Flying Machines-%24-kgrhqvhjeifcdm5o-4mbq-js2lt-%7E%7E60_3.jpg   MMTPT242 ~ Mar. 19, 2013 ~ Dewie Doohurtle and the Flying Machines-il_570xn.413933975_ihiz.jpg   MMTPT242 ~ Mar. 19, 2013 ~ Dewie Doohurtle and the Flying Machines-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 03-26-2013 at 02:48 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #2  

teaparty.jpg

Tuesday Teaparty Birthday Bash

Whooooeee!! gals we've got a birthday girl this week and it's gonna be a crazy time. The gals are getting the tea ready and the fancy cookies are decorated. So y'all wish Kim a big happy...

Crazykim 3/23
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Sheri for linking my card. I enjoyed time making the card & thanks to everyone for participating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Here's my card for Bill:

MMTPT242 Up, Up & Away by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514CC Guest Design Team 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2022 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 & 2022 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my card for Bill
MMTPT242 Flying High by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default yah

Oh this is going to be fun...I LOVE Eyeore....I even have him on my canisters...lol....TY for the fun challenge...:0)...will be back.
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Here is my card for Bill. I should have mentioned that Eeyore hadn't been born when my flying machine was invented.
MMTPT242 - Flying for Bill by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart " Lord.....thanks for noticing "

I am back. here is my card for Bill. Eyeores thinking that when God can lift him up....maybe not just his spirits...maybe him to the show as well.........:0)... Thanks for noticing
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Bill
MMTPT242 by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 04:03 AM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Yay! I arrived early! Whoot! What a fun challenge Sheri!

Here is my Eeyore!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

Here's my card for Bill, Eyeore went to the wrong fairgrounds but is rescued by his friend in the orange and black plane!
MMTPT242 Eyeore's rescue by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

Here is my card for Bill and it is getting mailed out today!

MMTPT242 - Flying High
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #13  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Here's my card for Bill

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

It has been a very long time since I have played along. I am happy to be back this week

here is my card although you would not want to fly it around here today it just suddenly started snowing and sleeting again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default MMTPT242

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawaView Post
It has been a very long time since I have played along. I am happy to be back this week

here is my card although you would not want to fly it around here today it just suddenly started snowing and sleeting again
I hope you'll put this in the SCS MMTPT242 gallery, so we can find it and make comments. It's a wonderful card and should be shared.

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mother's daughterView Post
I hope you'll put this in the SCS MMTPT242 gallery, so we can find it and make comments. It's a wonderful card and should be shared.
Thanks and done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine for Bill MMTPT242 For Bill by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you everyone for making & sending out your cards to Bill. He will be so happy & surprised to see so many generous ladies sending him cards. I will let you know what he says.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Eeyore's Hot Air Balloon Trip by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
here's my card for Bill and I must say there are so many great cards here for Bill!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #20  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi There! This is my first Teapot Tuesday Challenge. I had uploaded my card to the gallery, how do I link the image for this thread?
Thanks! Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

Default My First Teapot Tuesday! Yay!

Here is the link to my first Teapot Tuesday,
MMTPT242 by ClearlySouthern - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Will be sending this card on to Bill!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #22  
BRAK Alumna

I'm only 3 days late this time, but I have an excuse. Elmo Elephant was late picking up Eeyore. Here is my card

MMTPT242, Eeyore by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TFL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wanted to let everyone know that Bill received 4 cards yesterday & 4 today. His sister Angie told me that "He is totally blown away!" by the cards he's receiving. Thank you all so much for caring. Love & hugs to you all.

Connie

Last edited by stamp300; 03-22-2013 at 09:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #24  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp300View Post
I wanted to let everyone know that Bill received 4 cards yesterday & 4 today. His sister Angie told me that "He is totally blown away!" by the cards he's receiving. Thank you all so much for caring. Love & hugs to you all.

Connie
That is awesome Connie! Having been the recipient of cards from the Teapotters myself, Bill is in for ALOT more warm fuzzies via his mailbox! I am so thrilled he is *blown away*!

Hugs..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #25  

oooh. so good to hear Connie...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am SO late - just had a difficult time getting my new computer to cooperate with clip art (no hot air balloons or planes or??? in my stash!). More woes once I got one, but I do think I have a unique card - and it sounds like we have 100 days to get them sent off!!)
MMTPT242, VLVMar2013 - Lemonade by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bill is loving all your cards, I like the fact he's calling it a conspiracy theory. He finally got my card yesterday & I think he's getting the idea now....he's posting pictures on FB & everyone is loving them. Hugs to all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #28  

MWAAAAHAAAAA!!!! conspiracy theory!!! that's a great one....love it...and glad they are cheering his days
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

We are both enjoying the cards and Bill is like a kid at Christmas, checking the mail every day. We are going to find a way to display them because they truly are works of art. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and the prayers and wishes that come with each card.

This was said by Bill's girlfriend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Here is my card for last week's challenge ... for BILL! Glad to read that he is enjoying receiving them.

MMTPT242 Finding Eeyore for BILL by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

THANKS for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wanted to share with you all your cards that Bill received. This is the message is girlfriend said. Thank you Connie for being a sneaky and crafty instigator : ) Both Bill and I have enjoyed the cards and how unique each one is yet in keeping with the theme. We were touched by the personal messages of hope from people all across the USA and as far away as Ireland and our neighbors in Canada. These are keepsakes we will put on display and always treasure. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness and the group effort of the Teapotters in lifting Bill's spirits. Hugs, Chris

Thanks to all & for everything you do.

Connie
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT242 ~ Mar. 19, 2013 ~ Dewie Doohurtle and the Flying Machines-billscards.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's what my friend Bill did with his cards & his special message to the group.

Hi Connie,
This is what Chris and I did with all of the amazing cards you and the teapot ladies sent to me (okay, most of them... we need to get a little more ribbon to hang the leftovers). They're so wonderful we want to have them on display for everyone to see, so there they are!
Thank you again for being such an awesome conspirator and getting everyone in on the mission to amaze us with these beautiful cards. They absolutely brought a smile to my face--each and every one of them! And the lovely messages that the ladies added were truly inspirational and comforting to me.
I'm feeling better these days, though the recovery from the the transplant has been up and down over the last weeks. Today, in fact, I feel better than I have in weeks (I do hope this signals the beginning of an easier recovery but I suppose time will tell).
Anyway, thank you again for the gift of all the cards! They definitely made a real difference for me and I'm honored to have gotten the "teapot treatment."
Love,
-Bill

Love to all the Teapotters,
Thank you much,
Connie
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT242 ~ Mar. 19, 2013 ~ Dewie Doohurtle and the Flying Machines-bills-display-cards.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes