Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #241
Strong & Sweet Zuzu, What Will You Do?
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
This is my story!
1. One of my favorite movies of all time is "It's a Wonderful Life." It really reminds us that we affect many people in our lives by our deeds. Being kind is its own reward and by example we lead others to do good. One of my favorite characters is Zuzu, who's sweet rose petals convinced her dad George Bailey that he indeed was alive.
2. Zuzu had the best of role models. George of course was not perfect but a man of the highest moral character. Mary was supportive, but so very strong in her own way. She made an abandoned old house into a warm and inviting home for her family and friends. She wasn't born knowing how to clean and scrape and sand and hang wall paper, but she worked hard to learn then worked harder to finish the job.
3. Zuzu has had that can-do spirit her whole life. She too has a beautiful family, giving George and Mary sweet grandchildren and now has grandchildren of her own. When something interests her, she jumps in whole hog! She has always had lots of hobbies and you never see her sitting still. Her home was a warm and welcoming and very creative place to be, with gardens galore, a photography studio, a kiln and Zuzu's biggest passion - a woodworking shop! What a wonderful life! Until...
4. Sherman Potter is the nephew of the dastardly Mr. Potter. His heart is as cold as his uncle, and his desire to cause ill to the Baileys just as deep. Having inherited the Potter family bank, Sherman procured the mortgage on Zuzu's home and called the loan! Strong & sweet Zuzu, what will you do? Sherman Potter's a villain, my blood he is chillin'!
5. Well, Teapotters, we have that can-do spirit if ever anyone did. Zuzu needs our help to beat off Sherman Potter... by flinging 42,000 things from Zuzu's hobbies! Pots and cameras and all things made of wood! Or tons of flowers and veggies, enough to bury Sherman long enough to gather the money!
OK, I can't see Mary Bailey singing this, but I think that it has a real Teapotter feel to it:
This is pretty wide open...bring cards with ceramics, woodworking, photography or garden themes. But don't bring any mortgage notes or it is the back door for you!!!
Per Linda: I've had so many hobbies...
I've always loved photography and learned to develop & print my own black & white prints... turned the bathroom into a darkroom. I loved it!
Then I got into ceramics and had my own kilns & over 200 molds; that was also fun;
but that hobby was soon overtaken by wood working; I still have my woodworking shop out back and I do occasionally make raised flower beds & garden beds; Used to make children's toys and donate to schools & churches for raffles. One of my favorite & most time-consuming projects was my Praying Hands. The most recent thing I made was a wooden holder for all the paper punches that I own and that has been so useful.
And then the grand daughters came along & I became interested in Scrapbooking; and eventually, I developed my love of card making.
I have a passion for flowers & gardening and grow my own veggies year round.
EPEC ~ (EXTRA POINTS FOR EXTRA COOKIES!)
Add an uplifting sentiment or scripture about good works...or about being a strong woman!
This week our destination is Raleigh, NC. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about Linda? Linda is fellow Teapotter Zgirlsgranny .
Linda has been fighting cancer and going through chemotherapy which has left her with little to no energy to enjoy many of her favorite pastimes including card making. She has been keeping up with the goings on in Teapotterville via e-mails just hasn't been able to participate. She could use a HUGE dose of teapotter lovin. Lets let Linda know that we haven't forgotten her and we will be keeping her in our thoughts and prayers for healing and strength. She goes by Zgirlsgranny here as that is her most favorite title of all time. She states that her biggest joy in life is from her daughter and 3 darling granddaughters....
To get the address to mail your card, please visit Post # 340 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT241 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Challenges I participate in: Inspirational Challenge, Sketch Challenge, Inspirational Challenge, Free 4 All Challenge, Queen for the Day Challenge, Feature Stamper, Color Challenge, Ways to Use It, Try a New Technique and I am a proud Tea-Potter Challenge participant.
I don't know what's wrong with me but I completely lost the whole concept that the teapot was about a toy store and the ducks were toys. I took from that that the theme was about ducks floating in a pond at a cottage. Anyway it will hopefully bring some cheer to Linda. HERE is mine.
I was getting ready to go post my comments on your fantastic cards, but there seems to be a problem with the gallery. When I open the gallery, it's only showing 19 photos, anyone know what's up? Thanks.