Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
MMTPT216 ~ September 18, 2012 ~ Color unrelenting? Let's do some repenting!
WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #216
Color unrelenting? Let's do some repenting!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
1. Cheers!! Sweet Sara McSmiley is getting married. Sara and her love Dave have a beautiful affair planned with a huge bridal party and an elegant reception. Sara has classic tastes and has chose to have a clean palette of cream and gold for her theme. Their happily ever after is to start in a soft and polished style.
2. Sara's cousin Milcah McMansion is an ostentatious sort. For all of the elegance that Sara exudes, Milcah just oozes with crass and clash. Milcah had a huge home built in a Tudor Greek Revival rustic contemporary style to show off her taste. Each room is decorated in a different color - fuchsia, burnt orange, lime green and electric indigo, with furniture and upholstery to match. She even took a cue from Mackenzie McGraff and painted each room with tonal horizontal stripes. Yikes!
3. Milcah has decided that she needs to spice up Sara's neutral palette a bit. How could anyone go through life without bold hues to announce that you have arrived? Micah surreptitiously changed the order for Sara's bridesmaid dresses to a rainbow of shocking neon hues. This will be a wedding to remember in a way that Sara could never imagine! More is less? Who could possibly guess? Elegant and so classy? No way, just be sassy!
4. Sara's lovely mum, Catie has discovered the plot - and happy she's not. For you see, Sara is an apple that didn't fall far from the tree! Catie is an elegant and inspirational woman, using a clean look and wonderful detail to make everything she touches simply special. She knows of the Teapotter reputation (We have a reputation???) of fixing life's vexing problems. She's hoping that from near and from far that we'll raise a high bar. Dresses like paint chips? Don't make me hate this! Color unrelenting? Let's do some repenting!
5. Some inspiration - Sara and Dave's first dance will be to this incredibly romantic song:
We're going to crash another wedding!! Make wedding cards in classic neutral tones, cream and gold if you can. You will need to enter through the side door (I will not be personally responsible for Curt crashing though the "back door" in the middle of the I do's!) if your card has wild colors or tonal stripes.
EPEC ~ (Extra Points for Extra Cookies!) ~ Make a fancy wedding cake...they will need plenty with 42,000 Teapotters crashing the reception! For extra extra points add elegant details like pearls or lace for those lovely bridesmaids.
This week our destination is Melrose Park, Illinois. Sara is the daughter of fellow Teapotter/SCSer/Dirty Dozen Alum/Card Maker Extraordinaire, Cathleen (CTorina). See Cathleen's jaw-dropping gallery here. Sara is getting married on the 22nd. Like her mother, she has elegant tastes, and her wedding this weekend will feature cream and gold. Let's shower her with cards as only Teapotters can!!
For more information as well as the address to send your card please visit Post #315 in the Destination Station thread.
Here is my card for Sarah & Dave.
Here is my musical partner JustMe427's gorgeous card.
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT216 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Cindy (Mothermark) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?
Last edited by Mothermark; 09-26-2012 at 08:39 PM..
Challenges I participate in: Inspirational Challenge, Sketch Challenge, Inspirational Challenge, Free 4 All Challenge, Queen for the Day Challenge, Feature Stamper, Color Challenge, Ways to Use It, Try a New Technique and I am a proud Tea-Potter Challenge participant.
1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Can you tell how excited I am?! I wish you could hear the giant ::squeee!!:: that just came out of my mouth! Just ask Fiancé Dave, who is staring at me blankly while I squeeee and cry all at the same time. No worries, I told him all about how the tremendous Teapotters are going to save our wedding from Milcah’s bizarre bridesmaid brigade – ack! He’s really confused now! Snort!
3. I can’t stop reading (and re-reading) the challenge while listening to our song. TEARS! I am blown away by the gorgeous gold and classy cream cards in the gallery! I can only hope that our wedding is as beautiful and breathtaking as these amazing cards! You Teapotters truly are a talented bunch!
4. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We raise a glass to you, Teapotters, (with pinkies raised, of course) who celebrate with us from near and far. It is truly an honor to have our wedding recognized in this week’s challenge. We thank you at least 42,000 times!
Man, what a week! Four Doctor appointments in 3 days, driving my mother to her doctor appointments (3 of the 4 above), driving to her house every 4 hours for eye drops, sheesh!! I've had this card made since Tuesday, but this is the first chance I've had to upload it.