WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #166
FROZEN SNOW BIRDS WELCOME HERE!
WE ARE FRIENDLY! HAVE NO FEAR!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
This is my story!
1. Take one look at this fun little playhouse and let your imagination go! I love this but then I host a challenge called Teapot Tuesday! Snort! But how fun to be hanging with your best buddy having teaparties in a big ole teapot playhouse complete with window ledges, flowers, an awsome shake roof and surrounded by a wonderful garden. Playhouses have come a long way baby, or maybe I am just old! Ha!
2. Its the middle of Winter and the good life is getting closer and closer! Mile by mile, the snow in a pile, is getting further and further away. Hour by hour, the beauty of a flower, is getting closer and closer they say! Such is the life of a Snow Bird. Summer's spent in mild whether, Winter's spent at home away from home where the flowers are bloomin', the grass is green, and the trees still have leaves. Aww, the good life until he price of gas rocketed to $42,000 a gallon! What's a snow bird to do?
3. Meet Frozen Toe Flo and Blue Lip Kip. They are just sick and tired of this miserable, frigid, frozen, wintery tundra of a town! They are not unlike many, stuck in the cold because gas prices are not of old! Oh, how they would die for a pretty flower, bloomin' every hour, summer clothes, grass between their toes, and toe-less sandals instead of snow shovel handles! Just about the time, they were settling in to hunker down for another weak of bleak, there is some new activity in the neighborhood! Word has it the neighborhood will be warming up quick and there is something to look forward to other than Old St. Nick!
4. Hot Weather Heather and Arizona Mona are moving in! That frozen vacant lot is about to get real hot! There's a southwestern sorta flair that is swirling about the air! A mid winter thrilla in the form of a Southwestern Teapot Villa. Flo and Kip have just been told that it's Arizona in the Cold! Their yard is bloomin' pretty, the grass is green and lush, they're wearing shorts and tank tops and brightly colored clip clops! Oh, if only they are friendly! Let's hope they're Sharin' Neighbors!
What's that? A Welcome Sign? Look that way! What's it say?
Frozen Snow Birds Welcome Here!
We are Friendly! Have No Fear!
Bring Southwestern Type Decor!
And Your Temperatures Will Soar!
Are You Not One To Decorate?
Potted Plants Open The Gate!
5. Well, talk about genius! Get your southwestern teapot villa completely decorated for free just by being Sharin' Neighbors.
Well, there's just a wee little requirement to get through the gate, in the door, to a warm up, Arizona Style!!
If you bring any wintery snowmen, snowflakes, or Christmas decor (you know, cold stuff) you are gonna have to stay out in the cold while its snowing and blustering with your clip clops on! You might be able to come in the backdoor if you start getting frostbite, you know....for health reasons! Ha!
Brings cards with a southwestern flair. Bring cards with potted plants. Bring cards inspired by the joys of winter in Summery Arizona!
This week our destination is Painesville, Ohio. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Sharon. Sharon was brought to our attention by fellow teapotter Karen (Redbugdriver). Sharon is a very close friend of Karen's and is struggling after multiple surgeries on a foot that has been very problematic! She had her 4th surgery just a few days ago, on September 30th.
For more information on about Sharon as well as the address who to mail your card to if you chose to participate, please visit Post #249
in the Destination Station thread.
Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!
Here is my card.
Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #166 Challenge Gallery .
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT166 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Friday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!