WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #165
WHATSERDOODLE POODLE KIT N. KABOODLE DOODLE
AND THE DASHING DINGO DOODLE!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
This is my story!
1. I think this might be a Christmas teapot! But no worries, this is Teapot Tuesday, we can make it be what we want it to be! So, its not a Christmas teapot, okay? Besides, even if it is, its no big deal, Christmas in September is quite the norm now. Do you all remember when the Christmas stuff in stores didn't go up until right after Halloween? Now it is up at the end of August, beginning of September! I have just been noticing it because the red and green of Christmas is clashing with the orange, browns and blacks of Fall and Halloween! Amazing!
2. Yoo Hoo! Toodle-oo! Meet Whatserdoodle Poodle Kit N. Kaboodle-Doodle! This is the most exciting time of her life! She has been waiting for this opportunity for 42,000 years! Finally her 42,000 Class Reunion is here and things are looking up for making a good impression! Everyone is going to be there! All of her friends (least popular, most studious) from her high school days, including all of the jerks who didn't pay any attention to her (except when they needed to copy her homework), and all of the loosers that never invited her to dance (except when they were betting dog biscuits that she wouldn't know how), and all of the snobs that did all of the dancing with all of the loosers! Yep, wait till they see her now!
3. In high school Kit was sort of a dork. She got teased alot because everyone thought Kit was sort of a weird name, nobody knew what the N stood for and whenever they had reason to talk about her (not very often) they just called her Whatserdoodle Poodle! Then they would point at her, laugh and tease her about being a book worm! A dork in glasses! But that was before she went to College, got her degree and embarked upon a very successful career. She made enough money for lasik surgery, weekly appointments at her favorite grooming salon and her fancy collection of heart collars and stylish boots. And then came the love her her life, Dingo Doodle! Yes, a Dingo and a Poodle, what's wrong with that? He's a hunk and is gonna be the envy of all her snooty classmates!! A first she was a little apprehensive about accepting his marriage proposal because of his last name! Why did her last name have to be Kaboodle and his Doodle! Well, no matter! She is keeping her name, she is proud of it and Kaboodle-Doodle will just have to doodle! Ha! It is what it is!
4. As confident as she is, she is a still a little nervous! Its a sock-up high school reunion! She's gotta learn how to dance, get her new poodle skirt made, schedule her appointment at the groomers, find the perfect big ole bow for her hair, pick up the new heart collar that the jeweler ordered and get some extra pink blush! Dingo will be dashing in anything he wears! What else can she do to show off her success? She'll rent a limousine and take the advice of the friend that she has tea with every Tuesday! Cut pictures out of magazines of all of the things that her old classmates might yearn for, make an awesome scrapbook and watch them become green with envy at all of her expensive possessions back home!! With Dingo on one arm and her scrapbook in the other, Whatserdoodle Poodle will be the talk of the sock hop! They will never know the pictures are out of a magazine and not her possessions!
5. We gotta make a quick scrapbook! She can't find her glue, she doesn't know what to do. She can't cut straight, a scrapbooker is not her fate! Her pictures won't stick, do they need another lick? Here comes another sob, let's just take over this job! Let's fill this scrapbook with things that will impress the jerks from high school! Kit likes poodle skirts, fancy collars, and stylish boots, bring that! But that won't fill a scrapbook so let's add a little more. Let's add what YOU would show off in your scrapbook to impress the jerks from your high school!! Let your imagination take over, what would Whatserdoodle Poodle Kit N. KaBoodle-Doodle and the Dashing Dingo Doodle impress the jerks with? Yup, you got it!
If you bring a mirror ball, crepe paper streamers, confetti, spiked punch (duh, with tea!), or a guy with his cigarettes rolled up in his undershirt sleeve, you have to come in the back door! That's where the real party starts, where the socks will be hoppin!
Make a card to impress. Extra cookies for poodle skirts, big bows, crepe paper streamers and mirror balls. It's a sock-hop! Let's get this party started! (Pretty wide open challenge, don't you agree?)
Every last Tuesday of the month is Tickle A Teapotter Week! How about sending your card to a fellow teapotter this week as a little payback or reward to all of those who participate in sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station each week. For more information on who to mail your card to if you chose to participate, please visit Post #248
in the Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!
Here is my card.
Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #165 Challenge Gallery
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT166 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Friday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!