WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #148
THAT'S SYNCHRONIZED SYD.
DID YOU HEAR WHAT SHE DID?
SHE INSISTED ON MINK
AND THEN PROCEEDED TO SINK!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
This is my story!
1. Well, its the last Tuesday of the month which means today is Tickle a Teapotter Tuesday. What is Tickle a Teapotter Tuesday? Once a month, instead of sending our cards to an individual named in the Destination Station, we send our cards to each other! Tee hee! It's a little reward for the teapotters, a little payback for their generosity and kindness in mailing their cards every week to the Destination! Tickle at Teapotter!
Do you know how difficult it is to plan a fun teaparty for 42,000? I have been quite the googler! But it paid off because I found a really fun activity! Something I think all of you will really enjoy! It took a little negotiating but I managed to make the arrangements AND find appropriate facilities! It's not easy when you have 10 key items to negotiate around:
1. The sheer number of Teapotters! 42,000 at least!
2. Teapotters who insist on sparkle!
3. Teapotters who must bring their cow!
4. Teapotters who ALWAYS fling stuff!
5. Teapotters in black and white polka dots! (Whut?)
6. Teapotters who eat the newbie cookies!
7. Teapotters who don't like tea, just come for the treats!
8. Teapotters who bring treats for those who don't like tea!
9. Teapotters with altered egos! Yikes!
10. Teapotters who just wanna have fun!
Synchronized Swimming Lessons!!! In a really big pool! Whoot!
2. Meet Synchronized Syd! Some people say that back in the day she was at the top of her game and headed for fame! Then her life took a turn when a neighbor named Vern introduced her to Ron, an eccentric ex-con! Good thing Ron has lots of cash (don't ask where he gets it okay?) because Synchronized Syd had to give up her career after the mink fiasco!! Not that she's complaining! Ron set up a little business for her so she won't get bored! Syd's Synchronized Swimming School! Whisper ~ Her real passion is the Swimming Cap Gift Shop inside the school! She carries any kinda cool swimming cap your little heart desires!!! Yep, She's Synchronized Syd. Did you hear what she did? She insisted on mink and then proceeded to sink! The story has it that on their first date, Ron showed up with a little gift for her (to win her over cuz he had a crush on her for a long, long time!). It was a $42,000 mink coat and the next day at the pool while showing it off to her swimming friends, she refused to take it off while training and it made her sink! All the way to the bottom! Let's face it people, that is the death of a career for a synchronized swimmer! I don't care if they are THE up and coming synchronized swimming prodigee!
3. Now don't be nervous! We can do this thing! Here are some helpful hints to think about when you feel like you might sink, drown, or worse yet, get out of unison! Yikes! Sometimes it helps to think of a catchy little word to make yourself focus! Think Synchronized!
~ Don't do it!
~ Did I tell you he is also the school's lifeguard?
~ If you survive, its the kinda tea we get! And I hid cookies! (Shhh!!)
Oh, and everyone knows you can't plug your nose!
Remember it shows when you don't point your toes!
Strike a pose! That's the way it goes!
This is what we should look like!
Before you head into the Swimming Cap Gift Shop, a word of warning. Don't get all wrapped up in the funky flowers, butterflies, sparkley baubbles, rhinestones, mink enhanced, diamond studded, extra embellished, eccentric and fabulously flamboyant swimming caps! They can make you sink! Pick a simple one! Remember, you must keep afloat sorta lika boat! Oh, and if you have problems remembering which is your right and which is your left, tie a ribbon around each wrist to remind you which is which! Lavender on your left and white on your right! Works for me!
4. Here's the Plan, Stan! Stan is the REAL lifeguard that takes over when there is a REAL issue in the pool! We gotta getta know him! He's a little worried about the teapotters! We must prove that we can do things in unison, do things the same way, no matter if there's 3 or 42,000! Keep in unison, turn the right way, go up when it's time to go up, go down when it's time to go down! No bumping into each other, no busting out your own special moves! No pinkies up like when we drink tea, no crossing your legs if you have to go _ _ _ ! Get it? I know we won't be an embarrassment! I just know it!!!
Okay, so the Challenge Translation is really, really important this week! Snort!
Bring two or more of the SAME EXACT THING! You know, synchronized! It can be the same image stamped twice or more, it can be several of the same brads all in a row, it can be two or more of the same flowers, cut-outs, bows, or eccentric embellishments! You got it, something synchronized on you card.....the same, in unison, identical and alike! You get extra cookies if you bring 42,000 of sumthin'! Whoot! Oh! And you get extra, extra cookies if you bring eye drops! Have you seen Syd's eyes? Be inspired by the teapot! It's an inspirational kinda thing, we'll love what you bring!!
Every last Tuesday of the month is Tickle A Teapotter Week! How about sending your card to a fellow teapotter this week as a little payback or reward to all of those who participate in sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station each week. For more information on who to mail your card to if you chose to participate, please visit thread #229
in the Destination Station thread.
Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.
Here is my card.
Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #148 Challenge Gallery
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT148 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Friday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater! If you dont' want to cheat, I am posting a sneak peak on my blog
each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it sometimes during the weekend before the next Tuesday!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!