Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT134 ~ LOOK AT ME CLANCEY! I'M SO FANCY! GET OFF THE PHONE SIMONE!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #134

LOOK AT ME CLANCEY! I'M SO FANCY!
GET OFF THE PHONE, SIMONE!
I AM FIRST! I AM THE WORST!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR EXTRA COOKIES!
~ PLEASE READ PRIOR TO THE CHALLENGE ~

As you know the 83rd Annual Academy Awards are coming up on February 27th. Betty, the Color Challenge Hostess and her Dessert Option inspired me to have an Extra Cookies Option this week! I thought it would be fun to hold our very own 1st Annual Teapot Tuesday A-Card-&-Me Awards, Teapot Tuesday style! Not only do you get the chance to be up for nomination but you also get to cast your votes for the winners! The winners will get *Extra Cookies* at the Teaparty not to mention bragging rights for an entire year! For details about this Extra Fun, Extra Cookie Option please go to this thread . Okay, on to the challenge!

This is my story!

1. Some of you old time teapotters may remember our teaparty at the Academy Awards last year! We had fun! So much fun that I started our own Teapot Tuesday A-Card-&-Me Awards! Ha! That sure fell by the wayside! I didn't realize I wasn't gonna have the time each week to pick a nominee and post the results in preparation for the final tally at the end of the year! I shoulda hired a professional, you know, like PriceWaterhouseCoopers! Bah! Just as well, we have moved on to other fun stuff! But! That does not keep us from attending each year! We are off! Off to the 83rd Annual Academy Awards!

2. Okay, so here is the deal! Some of you were really embarrassing last year! We had people wearing hiking boots on the red carpet, people flinging stuff through candle lit tables, people snorting in public (not me! can't believe you thought it was me!) people dressed quite inappropriately and people ACTING even MORE inappropriately! To the point that when I called for our reservations this year, I had to tell a little white lie! I had to say, No! We are not the same teapotter group that came last year!! What ever could you be talking about??? Whisper: You people sure get me into some predicaments!!!! But, I managed to get us in again! Whoot!

3. How wonderful it turned out that this week we don't have to come to the assistance of any goofball critters or goofball characters with goofball names who have make believe goofball issues! We don't have to deal with goofball predicaments and bring goofball things to our teaparty in order to resolve goofball issues for the goofiest of goofballs! Instead we can just have a wonderful relaxing and very elegant teaparty among all of the most well known Hollywood stars at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards! There is only one requirement this week. Be elegant! Hey, Clancey, Look at me! I'm So Fancy! Clancey is a very good looking up and coming actor who has his eye out for a new leading lady! Wear your best clothes, jewelry, hats, shoes, and hair-dos! Put make up on, change to your good purse, splish a spash of perfume on, get a manicure and a pedicure if you are wearing open toed shoes! Be prepared to be on your best behavior, keep your pinky high when drinking your tea, and walk slowly, pose for the cameras, and smile like you were nominated! Come in your best limousine! If they are all booked, then at least drive something with class, a Porsche, Lamborghini, Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari, Mercedes Benz, sumthin' like that!

OMG! Who am I kidding? Some of you may be able to pull this off, no doubt! A night of sheer elegance. But, to be quite honest, I am a little worried about most of you! Awww, Phooey! Hi Louie! (Another up and coming actor also looking for a lead lady ~ Not as good looking!) You know what? Who cares! It's a whole year before we have to tell another little white lie to get into the awards again, so let's just have fun! Be ourselves! Wanna be fancy? Follow Paragrah 3! Wanna be yourself? Then don't! But do me a favor, if you are gonna embarrass us then go big and at least go for an A-Card-&-Me Award in the Worst of the Worst Division!

4. Get off the phone, Simone! That is Joan River's cousin Simone Shivers. She trained Joan! She gets the shivers when she sees the worst! She has quite the eye for the 42,000 *Worst Of * categories! Worst behavior, worst dressed, worst hair, worst smell, shoes, accompanying critters, aim and manners! You get the picture! She's the one we have to suck up to if we want some awards! She also specializes in the *worst of* automobile category so forget that last sentence in Paragraph 3 unless you already paid for your rental! If we can get on Simone's good side, maybe we won't have to tell a little white lie again next year!! We could be famous!!

Many of you back door regulars have been waiting for this opportunity! How fun that the back door is actually the front door and the goal is to get noticed instead of hide in back while misbehaving! And if you do elegant and fancy, behaved and in control, you might have to fight for a good seat!

Challenge Translation:
The Best of the Best Category:
~ Bring the Best ~ Elegance! Best clothes, hats, jewelry, manners, automobile! Bring ANYTHING ELEGANT!

The Worst of the Worst Category
~ Bring the Worst ~ Worst clothes, hats, jewelry, manners, automobile! This worst category is open ended, without limit, go big with the worst! Snort! Yah, snorting! Bring that too!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #134

This week's destination is Westland, Michigan! The new location of the Academy Awards! Ha! Sue (IrishgreenSue) brought this week's destination to my attention. We are sending our cards to Lauren, the young daughter of Joy, a fellow SCSer (cotdsffs). Lauren is having such a trying time with some medical issues and is discovering that her health problems are greatly hindering her goals, dreams and persistance to succeed in the industry that is so passionate to her. Lauren is a very talented actress. She has a degree in acting, she has won numerous acting and directing awards in college and most recently was accepted for an apprenticeship at The Purple Rose Theatre (Jeff Daniel's Theatre in Chelsey, Michgan)! Of course, it would be her dream to accept her very own Oscar for either acting or directing in her future! So our A-Card-&-Me Award cards will cheer her up while she is getting through these difficult days.

For more information about Lauren including her address and a couple of pictures of her in a couple of productions, please visit Post #182 of The Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Lauren. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card.

Here is the awesome card that Sue (Irishgreensue) made for Lauren.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #134 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT134 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT134 ~ LOOK AT ME CLANCEY!  I'M SO FANCY!  GET OFF THE PHONE SIMONE!-laurens-teapot.jpg   MMTPT134 ~ LOOK AT ME CLANCEY!  I'M SO FANCY!  GET OFF THE PHONE SIMONE!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-28-2011 at 06:10 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 408 Likes on 354 Posts

Another great challenge...and party, Cindy. Love getting dressed up in my gown and jewels! : ) My card will be off to Lauren tomorrow.

IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Fox67 ~ February 25th!

Won't be long before its your burfday, Pat!! Whoo hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 179 Likes on 150 Posts

Happy B'day Fox67! here's my fashionista card! CC311 Only Style Remains MMTPT134 by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm early so I can get a good seat to see all the partiers strutting down the red carpet!

Here's my card - TFL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

MMTPT134, My card for Lauren by JD from PAUSA - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
The above should be my link to my card...
I've only taken a quick peek at some of the cards and WoW! I really like what I see. It looks like it's going to be a great week for fashion. Such Elegant cards...
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Don't even ask...I'm in one of those moods. Don't think estrogen will help so beware. :rolleyes:

Fancy Nancy Fancies Clancy
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't have any fashion stamps, so my interpretation is of the fabric and jewels.
Damask Chocolate and gold...
Chocolate dripping with gold and jewels MMTPT134 by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This looks so much better IRL.

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Polka dots to impress mudder and hopefully to win some extra cookies! HAT'S OFF TO LAUREN!

Wanda Cullen ~ Dirty Dozen Alumni, On design team for Papertrey Ink, Designer for Color Throwdown and Fusion Card Challenges Cullen-ary Creations[/URL]...my blog HERE'S MY GALLERY[/URL]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts

Ha! I'm really on time for a change even with another freakin migraine. Yippee!! Here's my card: Teapot Hat Stand
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts
Default MMTPT134 Elegance at Easter

Here's my teapot card for the week. Thanks, Cindy.

MMTPT134 Elegance at Easter by CAKath - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart ready for the walkway

Wow thanks again for such a fun challenge. It gave me a reason and a chance to use my ..."SPARKLES'" how fun is that...here is my fancy girl.ready for a night out...lol.... MMTPT134, ready for the walkway by wendy2512 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers Have fun all and take care....:0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 02:15 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT134 Glamorous Hollywood by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Here's my card......the only color on this card is the purple rhinestone on the dress......however.........the silver paper behind the dress acts as a prism when I photograph it and it separates the white light into colors.............
It's much pretty IRL ..... Hope Lauren likes it !

Happy Icy Snowy Tuesday from Ohio !!!
HUGS

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 02:35 AM   #14  

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for this weeks challenge, Cindy - I combined it with the color challenge today - since I found the colors hard, it was an easy slide into doing a worst dressed card!
Worst Dressed, Best Stressed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine MMTPT134 Loubou for Lauren by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #16  

Cindy, when I try to click on the link to find out about the extra cookies, it says I don't have access rights to it, an adminstrator may have disabled my account, etc. What have I done wrong, am I grounded, does this mean I don't get cookies????!!! I promise to be a good girl....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 03:10 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Here is my entry for the WORST fashionable gal.........Fashion Dottie is in her best attire, but I don't know!!!! What do you think? ;)MMTPT134, FASHION DOTTIE by Marleygo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers Is she on the best or the worst fashion red carpet list?????

ps....I'm with Bridget....I couldn't open up that link either....I didn't have priveledges.......HMPH!!!! LOL!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 03:20 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

For once in my life, I think I made a classy card! Not my usual style, but I am pretty tickled at how it came out.

Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - catgondek - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 04:12 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Boo Hoo - at least I am not the only one who has been naughty - I have also been denied privileges to the page with extra cookies. Oh well, I should be dieting anyway...

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 04:20 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Woo-hoo! I made it to the party on time this week! Sadly, I also can't access the special "extra cookies" thread. Anyway, here is my card for Lauren: MMTPT134 Elegant Dress For Lauren by cmsuto - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My Gallery

My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #21  

Boo, Hoo...me, too! No extra cookies? I've been banished to the basement for wearin' that tacky dress, I guess.
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #22  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Something is going goofy with my thread! Its probably something I did. I will pm Lydia.....Lydia will know what to do.......three of you now have had that problem! Stay tuned! We are having a wardrobe malfunction!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 04:49 AM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Okay, it should work now! Duh, I forgot to move it into the Teapot Forum, it was in the staging forum! Bwahaha! Oops....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 04:58 AM   #24  
Forum Fanatic

Here's my try at a little more elegance than I usually do.

The Oscar Winner Is. . . (bb) by triasimite - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

First Great Grandchild
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 05:13 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

It's All in the Choos, my dah-lings!
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cindy - yes the link works now.

Fun challenge, cute teapot - can't wait to check the gallery and read all the stories!

MMTPT134 in CC311 Glam Agnes by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

MEMO TO CINDY

You asked to get your black with white dots dress back - NO WAY. Not after I spent 42,000 hours altering it for Agnes - that paper piecing using a very dark print is for the birds - I know, that bird did show up on her hat!

p.s. Hugs to you for all the time you spend dreaming up stories, creating, then making all those original comments on our entries.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #28  

Glad to see that I wasn't the only one with a difficult to photograph card. I have to stop reading because I'm afraid that some of the comments are going to make this momof5 loose some bladder control. Here is my card:
MMTPT134 More is Less, Clancey by momof5sons - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by momof5sons; 02-22-2011 at 11:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

I finally found a good use for a stamp set I bought a few years ago:

Maybe I want to look cheap

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #30  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdasView Post
MEMO TO CINDY

You asked to get your black with white dots dress back - NO WAY. Not after I spent 42,000 hours altering it for Agnes - that paper piecing using a very dark print is for the birds - I know, that bird did show up on her hat!

p.s. Hugs to you for all the time you spend dreaming up stories, creating, then making all those original comments on our entries.
Ha ha! Gotta kick outta your memo Dorothy! Okay, you can have my polka dotted dress by only cuz you have that much into it! Giggle! So that's how the bird ended up on the hat! Maybe the cat on my hat was chasing the bird on your hat!

Thanks for the kind words....thank YOU for always being there for everyone X 42,000!

Hig bugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #31  
101 Airborne

Here is my card. Please note elegant dress, also please note (but no touching) my ride to the awards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Stella....

Whew, made it through all of that LA traffic!

Here's my card. Stella just had to show up for this one.

As a fellow thespian wanna-be, I can relate to this weeks destination.

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #33  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Since so many classy looking ladies seem to be in attendance this week, I've brought (gasp) a man!. Here's my card.
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #34  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Here's my Award winning Best actor and actress
from his tux to her jewels and dress
they're the winners this year
they're getting married, I hear!
He's so suave and debonair
she's so pretty, they're quite the pair
Off to Michigan they will go
to visit Lauren and say Hello!

Here's my card

Last edited by philsmom; 02-22-2011 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

I read the instuction But, Don't complate undstand. Can help me What we post do? How do we nomination? can be past cards Or just week? or What I ma total lost we do this week help? hotwheels
Are we post case from someone grallery if so who gallery or are we posted to make card?

Last edited by hotwheels; 02-22-2011 at 05:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #36  
Glitter Guru

Default The Grand Entrance

Eunice loves to make an entrance to the applause of her adoring fans and to the delight of the other Academy participants! Here Eunice makes her best entrance ever in her snazzy clothes and fabulous blue do!

A special thanks to all who are thinking of Lauren and participating in this tea party. I gave her my card and she knows the tea party is taking place right now, but she's not allowed to look at the cards online yet because I want her to have the thrill of getting them in the mail.

Lauren LOVES handcrafted items and has kept every card I have made for her. You can definitely believe that she will hold onto all those sent until she's 90! She understands the love put into them and the time it takes to produce them.

Your prayers have really helped lift her spirits and she has had some respite from the pain. The link showing her two acting pictures are from her university acting. In one, she is the woman standing in the middle of the others with her hands raised. She is Medea, the main character, who kills her children in the end. The ajudicater (judge) was there and said she actually made him sympathize with the character which he didn't want to do. The other photo shows her playing a boy ghost and her character was adorable!

My thanks goes out to all of you for taking the time to cheer up my daughter at this difficult time in her life.
Sincerely and with affection,
Joy Moss (cotdsffs) :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

I could not resist creating a card showing Agnes "before"

MMTPT134 - Before by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #38  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
I read the instuction But, Don't complate undstand. Can help me What we post do? How do we nomination? can be past cards Or just week? or What I ma total lost we do this week help? hotwheels
Are we post case from someone grallery if so who gallery or are we posted to make card?
Hi Linda!

Sorry I was slow to respond! Okay, to answer your questions.....

after you have seen all the cards in this gallery, for this challenge only, you choose the cards you would like to nominate....one for Best of the Best and one for Worst of the Worst...you don't have to do both, you can do one if you want. Then you go to this thread Linda:

1ST ANNUAL TEAPOT TUESDAY A-CARD-&-ME AWARDS! by Mothermark at Splitcoaststampers

And post the screen-name of the people who made the cards that you would like to nominate. If you can post a link to the cards you are nominating, you can but if you can't do it, that is fine also. Just tell us who made the cards you are nominating.

Only pick from the cards in this weekes Teapot Tuesday challenge gallery. Only those cards we are making for Lauren. Later on, I will take all of the cards that are nominated and I will make new threads that are polls where all of the teapotters can vote.

Let me know if you need more questions answered....thanks Linda!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #39  
Kookie Creator

I have come to the Awards dressed in my very best and I think that may be Clancy on my arm. Maybe I'm dreaming. Check me out here:
Elegance for Lauren by julsanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #40  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cherone is here with some words of wisdom for the young starlets.
Reply With Quote Likes