Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
MMTPT132 ~ THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT! THERE'S NUTTIN' IN SIGHT!
WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #132
THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT!
THERE'S NUTTIN IN SIGHT!
WHERE'S THE NEAR MISS IN MID FLIGHT?
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
This is my story!
1. So, I was looking for a sky blue teapot! Well, actually I was looking for something else but it's a long story and I will save that for another day! Back to the sky blue teapot. When I came across this one, I thought what a cool teapot! Yes, its plain, not much going on, but in my opinion, its very classy, pretty special and will be really easy for me to recreate! Tee hee! It doesn't really tell a story like some of the others teapots I feature so I will just have to come up with a story for it to tell! Go Figure! And so the story begins......
2. Meet Orland and Wilfred Kite! The Kite Brothers! The are inseparable, always together!! Good thing too, as they need one another to lean on. Its very frustrating being a Kite Brother! The two brothers are continually mistaken for Orville and Wilbur Wright, The Wright Brothers! Yep, you guessed it! The Famous Wright Brothers, daring and adventurous, extreme before it was cool to be extreme. Whenever they order pizza, sign up for cable tv, open up a new bank account, get their tax returns done, enroll for dance lessons, or even make a reservation for a bus ride, they are hounded by people asking them what it was like to fly the first airplane in 1903 back in Dayton, Ohio!!! Sometimes there's just no options, sometimes its better to just go with the flow and let your name take you where it may. Easier said than done!
3. Orland loves dance lessons and Wilfred loves the Hallmark Channel on cable TV! Not exactly the extreme type but they are willing to venture out on a limb! Flying is outa the question but surely they can think of something in the aviation industry that is dangerous but not really dangerous! Macho but not risking their lives! Extreme but not that extreme! Ooh, Ooh! Air Traffic Controllers! Yah, that's it! Its a very important and respected field, it involves airplanes and things that fly, its stressful (when you're stressed others are impressed!) and its sorta....well, admirable, you know, saving lives and stuff! That's it! Google Air Traffic Controller Schools, Orland! Do it now, need me to show you how?
4. Meet Brooke, The Crook! She could write a book about all the money she took just by stringing the gullible up on a hook! She's got the best price, they don't have to travel too far, and the 42,000 letters of recommendation on her website look authentic, respectable, and impressive! Orland and Wilfred are so organized! They have paid their air traffic controller tuition up front, booked their bus ride to the school and are off to pursue their new daring and adventurous career!
This Can't Be Right!
There's Nuttin' In Sight!
Where's The Near Miss in Mid Flight??
Rut roh, Brooke, The Crook has got 'em on the hook!
5. Well, people, we have two air traffic controller trainees and nuttin' but blue sky as we step off the bus!! Bring airplanes, bring kites, bring things in mid flight! Bring copters and gliders, and air force fighters. Bring an unidentified flying object, I really like your logic! Brings things in mid flight into our sight. Let's fill up the sky with things that go high, things that can fly, or perform a dangerous fly-by!
Since we are out in the open, there's no back door so for those of you that are not that extreme, you can bring birdies, butterflies and bees but they have to be male, definately not shes! And you just might find yourself in the back of the bus! Think macho and extreme, think adventurous and daring but at the end of the day, what's in sight is your caring!
Make a masculine card and include something that flies! Airplanes, kites, etc. Ooh, good idear! A banner or flag definately flies!
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #132
This week's destination is Kearney, Nebraska. We are sending our cards to the young son of a friend and fellow co-worker of Judy (StampingQueenJar) who unfortunately and sadly is battling cancer at his young age. Sean is 23 years old and has Stage 3C testicular cancer. He has had initial surgery, four rounds of chemo and is undergoing more tests for spots on his abdomen and lungs. Its an up and down emotional roller coaster.
For more information about Sean including his address and a list of things that makes him happy, please visit Post #173 of The Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Sean. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT132 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Here is my card. I feel so sad for this young man - he should be enjoying life and having fun adventures at his age - instead of fighting cancer. I guess we just need to pray for a cure - as we pray for the victims of cancer.
We sure do need to find a CURE for all the types of cancer! There are way too many people, young and old that are suffering this horrible disease.
My prayers and thoughts go out to Sean and all the others that are fighting and suffering cancer.
SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Sounds cool. Even with the remarkably informative sneak peek I had a feeling I knew what stamp I'd be using today - just gotta wait till after work. I should have winged it and risked making it yesterday when I was on a day off .
Thank you for this challenge. It's my first ever on SCS, not to mention my first Teapot so forgive me if I am still trying to catch the ropes dangling wildly from that blimp that is dangerously, dragonflying all over the sky...enough said about 1sts!
This is not the first story of a young man undergoing chemo at a young age but it is the reason that I had to take part in the challenge. A former student of mine was diagnosed with prostate cancer at the tender age of 16! He has since survived operations and lots of chemo and now at age 19 is in remission and his hair has grown back and he has gone on to college living a normal life (if you can call college life "normal").
I don't know how he managed it, but he made a point of starting each day with a smile and set out to make at least one person each day do the same! A truly amazing young man. Our inside "joke" was to ask each other "Who ever said, 'Pigs can't fly?'". It was my way of reminding him never to give up.
So here is my card for Sean! As you can tell, it isn't blue but I do think it's male...and it does have something on it that flies. The card is in the post as I write this.
Best wishes to Sean for a speedy and lasting remission and a great big thanks to Mothermark for your caring!
__________________ Best wishes from Patricia If you've never made a mistake, then you've never tried anything new in cardmaking - paraphrased from Einstein
Patricia! What a heartfelt message! It brought a tear to my eye, first out of joy for your young friends recovery and attitude in dealing with his cancer but secondly for the fact that this challenge inspired you to do your first ever SCS challenge and your first ever Teapot challenge! I am honored to have been your *first* and an tickled for Sean! Thanks so much for making your special card for Sean! Its awesome and so appropriate for this challenge! Pigs do fly!
If we had a backdoor today I would probably be told to go through it..........but I have seagulls in my picture and sails that fly..............ok.........I stretched it just a tad...
but I think Sean will like my card just the same. SNORT !!!
HUGS and happy Tuesday.........the sun has found it's way to central Ohio today..in between the snow showers !!!
GardenDiva AKA Tina DeLong
Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter
Thyme began in a Garden.
I can relate to Sean's mother's experience because my son had Stage 3 Melanoma Cancer about 8 years ago. It was a very rough time for my son and our family. I can say this, prayer makes miracles! My son is married with a family now, and so far, there have been no new tumors! Praise the Lord!!
Stampin Gramma (Faith W.) http://awalkwithfaith.blogspot.com
Proud Fan Club Member!
Member of RAK and BRAK
SCS BRAK New Member Mentor, Volunteers are needed! If you are a RAK member and would like to volunteer PM me.
Hi, remember me? I rarely have time for a cup of tea, but stopping by ever so briefly this evening. I see there are a few stragglers hanging out. Here's my entry for this week's challenge. Hope you like it.
After quite an adventure I got my card done...inspiration can strike anywhere...well, sometimes it nearly hits me over the head before I notice, but that's another story....here is my high flyin wishes for Sean