Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT127 ~ IT'S WINNIE, NOT WHINNEY! YOUR'E SUCH A BIG NINNEY!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #127

IT'S WINNIE, NOT WHINNEY!
YOU'RE SUCH A BIG NINNEY!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion!

This is my story!

1. Two teapots? I know, I know. There is a method to my madness, you'll see! Well, it's the first Teapot Tuesday of 2011. Can't believe another year has gone by, that's alota teapots! I was thinking about what a new year always brings.

New Year's Resolutions ~ Bah! I always mess them up!
2010 A Year in Review ~ Who want's to do that? 2010 just wasn't that special with this economy!
Time Square ~ I can't stay up that late!
First Baby Born in 2011 ~ That's sounds kinda fun!

2. Our story takes place out West in a sleepy little western town called Cody, Wyoming. The town council has decided it would be fun to have a New Year's Day Parade and they can't do it without a Grand Marshall. Now there are two local citizens who come to mind and everyone is at odds as to which of the two should get the honorary position. It has become a real dilema and there is a member of the city council who wants to scrap the whole thing and just celebrate the first baby born in Cody this year! Well, the town council has figured out a way to kill to birds with one stone. Why do you think they were elected to Town Council? They are no dummies! A baby shower for Cody's 1st baby boy born in 2011 combined with a contest between two local citizens, the winner of which will be named the Grand Marshall of the New Years Day parade! Whoot!

3. Meet Bareback Brodie and Sidesaddle Jody, the pride and joy of Cody. Now Bareback Brodie (Picture the Wild Wild West Cowboy ~ Why do you think he's always carrying that saddle around, he only rides bareback!) and Sidesaddle Jody (Picture Lady Di in a cowboy hat) have both earned the town's respect but they are about to be tested. They have to plan a baby shower for a baby boy with a specific theme and make it memorable! Ranch-hand Stan has whispered a code word into their ears representing the theme they must follow. This code word rhymes with Minnie and starts with a W. Now, Sidesaddle Jody is tickled because the theme is centered around her favorite childhood character! Piece of cake, this baby shower! Think Winnie and blue for a baby boy! Bareback Brodie is tickled because the code word actually makes sense! How clever to use the word that describes the noise that a Cowboy's best friend makes when greeting him in the pasture! Piece of cake, this baby shower! Think male baby colts!

4. It's Winnie, Not Whinney! You're Such a Big Ninney! Ranch-hand Stan just found out Bareback Broadie was planning the baby shower in the barn with colts in birthday hats as special guests serving Oat-Meal cookies, sugar lumps and apples!!! Now, you need to have your head examined if you don't think Ranch-hand Stan is pulling for Bareback Brodie! He is his boss after all and will get extra pay if ends up The Grand Marshall! Even though I don't have any favoritism toward either candidate here (yeah, right!) how can I turn down Ranch-hand Stan's plea for help for Boss Bareback Brodie? It's an emergency of utmost importance and we have 24 hours with only two options! We can introduce Winnie the Pooh to Bareback Brodie to get his mind off the other kinda whinney by bringing anything Winnie to our teaparty. Or we can bring anything baby boy blue for a combination of the two! Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too! A little baby shoe or anything blue! A pot of honey, or a couple of bees. A cute little pacifier or some little blocks, please. Eeyore, Kanga, Piglet or Roo! Baby bibs, bottles, a blue onsie or two! Think Baby Boy Shower in 24 hours!

Challenge Translation: Bring Winnie the Pooh cards or bring baby cards in blue!

Now I know some of you will be inspired by the cute little rocking horse teapot and might be tempted to bring a Western (Wild Wild West) inspired blue baby boy card! Hey, who am I to say you can't, there are no rules here. But I can tell you one thing, you might end up coming in the back door of the barn. That's where I'll be, Bareback Brodie loves oatmeal cookies! Snort!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #127

This week's destination is Cody, Wyoming! Big surprise! We really are having a baby shower for a new baby boy, Teapot Tuesday style! Now I doubt that our recipient will be the mother of the Nation's first baby boy born in 2011, and I doubt she will even be the mother of the first baby boy born in Cody, Wyoming in 2011. But I can guarantee you, she will be the mother of the first baby boy born in 2011 in Cody, Wyoming to a fellow SCSer! Ah ha! Told ya there was a method to my madness!

The recipient is fellow SCSer Jamie (JamiePTS) who is probably having a her baby boy (Jon) as we speak! How do I know this? Because Pat Smethers, Jamie's mother-in-law is doing backflips! Some say I am obbsessed with the man (WWW man) but we know Pat is worse off than me! If she were in charge of the baby shower we would be doing a full fledged Cody, Wyoming Western shindig complete with cowboy boots, spurs and a blue baby boy cake with The Man on it! Bwahaha! I on the other hand, am simply helping a fellow cowboy out when in a Winnie the Pooh jam! You probably won't be surprised to hear that Jamie's baby room is being done in Winnie the Pooh decor! Wow, who'd a thunk such a coincidence would exist!

We are bringing in the new year on a happy note, with the celebration of a new life, and the anticipation of a wonderful new year for us all in 2011.

For more information and Jamie address please visit Post #167 of the The Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Jamie. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card.

Here is the awesome card Pat Smethers made for this challenge!

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #127 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT127 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT127 ~ IT'S WINNIE, NOT WHINNEY!  YOUR'E SUCH A BIG NINNEY!-winnie-pooh-teapot-.jpg   MMTPT127 ~ IT'S WINNIE, NOT WHINNEY!  YOUR'E SUCH A BIG NINNEY!-rocky-horse-teapot-_1.jpg   MMTPT127 ~ IT'S WINNIE, NOT WHINNEY!  YOUR'E SUCH A BIG NINNEY!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 01-10-2011 at 06:34 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #2  
Inky OceanGazer

Hey, Mudda....I think I just caught ya' at post time

Howdi-Doo, gf........
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 403 Likes on 351 Posts

Love your teapot for today's challenge. I rarely make baby cards, so I had to scrounge for some images that would work with today's destination motif! I don't own one cowboy attire stamp, so my bear had to go hatless! : (

Card is ready for tomorrow's mail.

BABY BOY BEAR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Nothing sweeter than a baby! I love the stamp I used for this one even though my "baby", a 95 lb. lab puppy ate it! I was able to save it from total destruction and use it for this challenge.

MMTPT127 - Babies are as sweet as huny by erika348 at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by erika348; 01-03-2011 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: Added link to card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #5  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yahoo! I am so excited that I am the third one to upload. Usually I am last. Here is Winnie:

MMTPT127, CC303, SC313, Winnie Not Whinney by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tfl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 379 Likes on 210 Posts

I am REALLY excited about this destination!!!! What an exciting time for Pat and Bubba. I'll be working on this tomorrow for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

I needed a birthday card, so this challenge was perfect for me tonight!
I brought Winnie, Piglet, and Tiger too! Here is A Winnie Birthday.
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had this little horse in mind as soon as I saw this challenge. He's so cute. Open that back door, cuz I'm coming in that way!
MMTPT127 This horsey is a Rockin' by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #9  
101 Airborne

I'm coming in the back door for the oatmeal raisin cookies and to see the WWW man in his chaps and I just may stay! I love Wyoming. Here is my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #10  
Inky OceanGazer

Here are mine.......

Grandma Refuge
9 Months Inside

thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT127 Welcome Baby Jon by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

It's the front door for me all the way..........
Had such fun with this little card. Congrats on the new baby !!!

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Well, this is nifty. A card for Jamie was on my to-do list this week, so now I can kill two birds with one stone! Sneaky, too - no wonder I couldn't reconcile the sneak peek images when they were two different pots.
Back to work today, but I hope I'll be along later with something suitable for Jamie and Jon...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

heres mine

Baby Kakes
~~Stampin World~~ ~~My Magnolia Maddness~~##The Great Adventure##
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

No elaborate story with this one, just a card. The gang's all there looking out to the horizon for the star in the sky to show the arrival of "Anether Smether"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Cody.

I'll be sneaking in the back door. lol Save me some cookies, please!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

adctd2stamping - 1/7
Stampingwriter - 1/8

I hate it when I mess up and forget somethin'! Liking putting in our burfday girls at the beginning of this thread! So sorry girls! But your burfday's are coming.....so that will cheer you up! Giggle!

Hope you both have wonderful NEW YEAR burfdays!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 02:55 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations to Jamie, Pat and family! Here's mine MMTPT127 A New Baby Boy by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 04:51 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's Mine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Winnie The Pooh's Family:

Meet the Pooh Family by Maxell - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
My Blog:A Flowery Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #20  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Good thing my card was about The Birds and the Bees. Because I am still looking for the butterfly stamp that fell off the acetate. I saw it fall, I saw it roll to the edge of the mat, it's not on the acetate - who knows where it is!! It surely couldn't have bounced up 18" to land in the wastepaper bin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Fun stuff! I love parties and parades!

Blue Hive Babies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

I gotta go pick up Bertie from her hair appointment, but we'll be back later with her creation!!
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #23  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

I was so happy to make this one!! Thanks, Cindy!!!
Pooh's Cousin (MMTPT127) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #24  

Wohoo! A new baby!!
Here is mine
Please visit! Paper-Rose-Petals
Past Creative Architect for Innovative Stamp Creations!!
Past Senior Design Team Member for Mark`s Finest Paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks for all you do every week, Cindy! Congrats, Pat!

Here is my card:Pats New Little Bundle (FG) by Francie G. - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #26  

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations Pat and Jamie and family! Here's my Winnie Plus 3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

YaY, I made it to the party this week and I brought Winnie's nephew, Wendell, with me.

MMTPT127-Wendell by hsclay - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Yeeee-haaaaaw!!!! I finally made it to the tea party! Here's my Widdo WWW Man.
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I would love to play...but i don't have any teapot stamps...yet! not sure what to do either? I'm get confuzzled with challenges! help. thanks
The joy of the Lord is your strength. Neh. 8:10

http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.ca/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #30  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What a great way to start the New Year with such a happy destination. Here is mine.

Heartsong47 - you can use the teapots this week, or the story to inspire you, or you can let the destination lead you this week and make a baby card. There's no right or wrong way to do this challenge because there are many ways you can go with it. That's what makes it so much fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #31  
Forum Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

For this weeks challenge my card is here
After weeks of not being able to create a card...because of both the busy Holidays, and being unable to get myself inspired....I did it, I made a card! It felt so good to make a card!
When I saw that this week was for Pat's Grand Baby, I knew I had to give it a try, and what great inspiration for a card. Thank you Cindy for another great challenge...
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #32  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heartsong...just sent you a pm! Lorraine is so very right! She always is! Yep, no rules in this challenge...just make a card based on what is in your head at the time....can be inspired by the teapot, the story, the destination or just even the things being flung around! Snort!

You wont make a *wrong* card! No way, No how! Promise!
Besides....if we do see the challege police show up, we will just fling stuff at em or bribe em with cookies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Man you can just call me whinney or whiney! I have had nothing but computer troubles for a month. But got a card loaded and its a new year and hopefully a better one. Here is my card and it on its way: Maybe not Winnie certainly not Whinney by angelsparkly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #34  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Big announcement! Baby Jon wanted to come to the teaparty! Tee hee! I thin we were so rowdy that h wanted to come! Giggle. We should have a baby tonight! Whoo hoo...Jamie's water broke today and her and Jason are at the hospital as we speak!

Thought I would post here in case some of you didn't see my email. Pat apologized for not finishing her commenting on the gallery *Pooh* cards! Oh brudder, silly girl! Can't believe she is worried about THAT! She is very thankful to all of the teapotters for the wonderful cards and will get back to her commenting at a later time. They are jumpin in the car in the morning for Cody!!

Hig Bugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #35  

This sounds fun, but I don't think I have anything that will work with this :( I got no Winnie the pooh and no baby stamps :shock:

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

For once my being late is actually right on time! Congratulations to Jamie, Pat and the whole family on the impending birth of your sweet little baby boy! Here is my card for Jamie: MMTPT127 Sweet Baby Boy by cmsuto - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
No sign of Winnie or whinney on my card, but there is some blue, at least!

My Gallery

My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

It's late, I'm late... but here's my card:

Welcome Baby Winnie ~ MMTPT127 by gadget19 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I promise to check out the other submissions tomorrow!

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Oooohhhhh I am gonna play tomorrow! Can't wait! It's been a long time since I played along with a Teapot challenge A couple days late...but what the hay! Better late than never I always say, and tend to live my life accordingly! LOL

Stephanie Vittorio

Stuff I've Stamped
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

Late again this week, but I finally got my card finished and uploaded.

Yee Haw!!

Congratulations to the proud parents and grandparents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Here is my submission for your challenge Mother Mark.

JUST FOR BABY JON

Now it's not Pooh but I hope he will do, a special little bear and souffle to welcome precious baby Jon here!

Thanks for looking!

Stephanie Vittorio

Stuff I've Stamped
Reply With Quote Likes