Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
MMTPT125 ~ WATER COLORS, OILS & CHALK! HEY, WHAT'S THAT UNDER YOUR SMOCK?
WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #125
WATER COLORS, OILS AND CHALK!
HEY, WHAT'S THAT UNDER YOUR SMOCK?
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion!
This is my story!
1. I know what you are thinking! You are thinking, how am I supposed to get inspired by this plain white teapot! Okay, so I admit it! This is one week where I thought of the story before I chose a teapot! Actually I was more motivated by past teaparties and the cards that have been made over all the weeks and weeks. I am amazed over and over again how many of the SCS cardmakers are truly arteests. If they don't have the image they need, they simply draw it! Come on! How unfair is that? So, for my benefit, I have arranged a very special teaparty! Now be on your best behavior girls, cuz we have to really pay attention and be good if we want our room and board paid for!
2. Meet Rob Boss. No, he's not the boss featured in Chris Got Cross and Tossed His Boss! He simply has the name, Rob Boss. You might be thinking, what's the big deal? Well, the big deal is that he always gets confused for Bob Ross, the famous artist. You know, the one who could draw trees, mountains, lakes, and wilderness scenes in 2.5 seconds with a flippin' hair brush! Yah, that Bob Ross. If you don't believe me, just watch this! So Rob has decided that if he could only learn to paint, he could capitalize on his name! People might even sign up for his art classes thinking he's the late Bob Ross! Problem is, he can't paint, draw, or even hold the paint brush correctly and has turned into a big ole baby! His art teacher is about to toss Rob Boss!
3. Well, we're going to art school girls! We gotta get our little buddy Rob back in the good graces of his art instructor, Leonardo! No, not Dicaprio!! Well, at least I think its not that Leonardo! Ooh, what if it is? Ya think? Okay, you better pack a nice outfit and maybe some high heels left over from last week just in case! Naw, it couldn't be, but what if it is? You guys are getting me all side tracked! Back to the story! This is the part where I have to stress the importance of good behavior. No flingin' of oil paints at each other, no eating cookies while painting (the crumbs get mixed in the paint and then you get lumpies in your painting, although I intend to prove them wrong!), no face painting just because it looks like fun and because your attention span is less than 2.5 seconds, no cheating by bringing stamps and pretending you painted the image (Whisper: I had to put that in the rules just to satisfy the school's admission big shot ~ no worries girls, bring your stamps, just keep them hidden, wear a really big smock with pockets sewn inside, how will they know? Who knows how to sew?) and most importantly no running around the art room when you get wired from excess tea knocking over easels and slipping on oil paints! Got it?
4. We all have been given a white canvas and 42,000 colors of oil paints. We must each paint our very own masterpiece! (Don't forget about what you put under your smock if you are one of "those" that really cannot draw! Shhh! ) Just put what's in your head on your white canvas! If you totally mess up your first white canvas, follow me! When I was hiding the cookies for the newbies I found their supply of extra white canvases (42,000 of them). The price of our lessons only allows us to get one but how will they know? Paint your masterpiece! It can be any of the following:
1. Still Life ~ That's fruit, vases and stuff and they can't be moving!
2. Portrait ~ That's of a person, preferably clothed, nudes would be too embarrassing for us teapotters!
3. Landscape ~ No, we don't have to install any shrubs, trees, flowers or cobblestone walks in the perfect spot, but we can stamp them in, I mean paint them!
4. Abstract ~ This is the anything goes category where I suspect alot of us will end up! A good thing to remember is that if we get caught in the extra canvas storage room, and you have to cover up big boo boos it can be classified as abstract. Just cover up stuff, kay?
If your behavior in art school, your inability to hide stamps in your smock without getting caught, or your ability to slip in and out of the extra canvas supply room ends up being a problem you can come in the back door and just cover your white canvas any way you please! There's cookies in the back!
Water Colors, Oils or Chalk? Hey, What's That Under Your Smock?
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #125
This week we are going to Minnesota! Brrr.....Good thing we are having our teaparty inside!! We are sending our cards to a fellow teapotter Kris Chirhart (krischir) You may have noticed that Kris hasn't been at our teaparties recently. She has been having trouble with her hands/wrists for a couple months now. And more recently she has had difficulty making cards! For an addicted stamper, you know how rough that would be!
She has scheduled surgery for BOTH hands/wrists for tommorrow, the 22nd! Yikes! I just know that Kris would love receiving our masterpieces this week to cheer her up and keep her feeling close to the stamping community that she is such a big part of! We all know how hard hand/wrist surgery on BOTH hands would be for a stamper! Yikes! And whew! What a relief to think that Kris probably won't even mind getting our big boo boos from art class! Snort!
For Kris' address please visit Post #165of the The Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Kris. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT125 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
I'm sure this was a fun challenge for some of the true artists among the Teapotters! For myself, this was a CHALLENGE!! I didn't cheat...no stamps. A blank canvas is a little frightening! I'll be sending a card along...but probably not this one. ; )
I sure hope some of you painted something so I don't have to go to the front door by myself. I have this feeling the back door is the place to be. I'm pretty sure ole Curt will be making a Christmas appearance disguised as something hilarious and Bertie will be flinging paint. Can't believe this is our last challenge before Christmas and my chance to wish you all and your families my very best. Here is my "Lizanardo"
Made another card for the challenge, Cindy.......this time especially for Kris. Had the idea of using the symbol of my suburb with the sentiment. I do miss Kris and her wonderful cards and comments. She's a sweetie!!
Hi all - Decided to combine my last special Christmas card I needed with today's TPT challenge. Froze my nose and my toes off while I did it - LOL. So here's my card: Plein d'air
And to all of my sisters of the traveling teapots - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I will party with you all again in 2011!
A big THANK YOU to Cindy and Lisa for doing this for me!! Wow, what a surprise... I am so lucky to be a part of such a wonderful place here!! You are ALL the best!
Wish I had time to view/comment on all the cards... but I really need to be getting things done around here. Need to be ALL done with Christmas stuff, and need to get hubby to get clean sheets on the bed... that should be fun. haha
As I said in my comments, I can't draw/paint - all the artistic talent in the family went from my Dad to my Sis. My Dad could freehand/draw anything and everything beautifully, as can my Sis. However, when God was passing out the artistic portion of the brains, I was playing with the trains and got none! So, okay, I cheated by using 2 EFs and a punch and I'll come in the back door, have cookies and maybe Bertie will let me help her fling some paint! Here is my card.
Location: Bucks County, PA, Just north of Philadelphia
Ok, I have been MIA for a while and this week is not much better with Christmas taking up nearly all my time, but wanted to make a card for Kris to cheer her up and spur her on to recover quickly. here is my card Hope it brings a smile to her face!!!
Once the holidays are over, I am hoping to get back to normal pace on here, instead of hit and miss.
Merry CHRISTmas, one and all!!!!
__________________ SUE aka GREENIE - Twisted Sistah
Happy Fan Club Member
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name! Psalm 103:1