WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #121
THIS BRIDGE IS A LEANIN'
THE TOWNFOLK ARE STEAMIN'!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion!
This is my story!
1. I know, I know....it's not a teapot! But look at these two! Such good friends, all dressed up for their special Teaparty! This week its not about the Teapot but about the Tea Party! And friends coming together for tea! Just by participating in Teapot Tuesday, even just once, you might as well call yourself a Teapotter, cuz the Teapotters will call you a Teapotter!! This week's is dedicated to the friendship of two women, one you know and one you don't know. But before we get to our tea, we gotta deal with a couple of bridge builders who guess what? Can't build a bridge!
2. Brice and Bricke Briccio of B & B Bridgebuilders were just b-poppin' young bustling boys when they were brought to the bunk house to bond with their neighbors big brood of burley buffoons. Much to their surprise these buffoons were quite wise! Turns out the talk of the town is pile of lies! To their delight, these boys do not fight! They are happy and fun and sing songs when they run! They sing about London and some sorta bridges. Up go their arms, and under they go walkin'. Down with their arms, held tight so they're lockin'. Then they just wiggle which makes them all giggle! By the end of the day, they just wanta stay! That's the first day, it was London Bridges all the way!
3. You won't be surprised to hear that when the boy's cousin Stan, moved to a place called London they came quickly. Finally, this was their chance to start their new business! But after following Stan's directions to London, they were still in the states! Hmmm....... Meet Hector, the Bridge Inspector! Dude, didn't you say B & B Bridge Builders is highly recommended with tons of experience with London bridges? This bridge is a leanin' and the townfolk are steamin'! We gotta create a diversion, so the townfolk won't see how long it's gonna take us to get this repaired! What's your plan, Stan?
London bridges falling down, falling down, falling down.....
London bridges falling down, my Fair Ladies!
Visit us and bring your tea, bring your tea, bring your tea!
Visit us and bring your tea, my Fair Ladies!
Then the townfolk will not see, will not see, will not see!
Then the townfolk will not see, my Fair Ladies!
4. The London townfolk love teaparties! Go figure! Someone makes mention of an afternoon tea and the people get so excited that some of them pee! (This teaparty has an R rating this week!) An afternoon teaparty won't quite work, they need at least a week for their repairs! The two ladies up at the Tea House is the place to start but they will need some reinforcements (us!) because tea for a week is not for the meek! Some hints for our success! These teaparties are fancy, dress your best, pinky up, rich and fabulous food, good company, prim and proper behavior (Bertie, can you handle that?) and beautiful surroundings in the London's finest Tea House!
5. Okay, girls, look at this picture of the Tea House Ladies when they were just kids! Bring victorian, fine china, lace tables cloths, nice silver and floral tea sets. Bring feminine, fancy, sophisticated and fine! Bring roses and pearls, lace and taffetta. Bring ruffles and collars and fine patton leather! Bring your fanciest jewelry, your fanciest hat! Bring colors of red wine, burgandy and some pink. Some ivory, soft white and a smidge of silver. Just look at this picture, each girl in her hat, bring THAT!
If you happen to have a hubby/boyfriend who can fix a bridge, please bring him but he has to come in the back door. Once we feed him, he's off to join the other 42,000 men with their bridge repairs! And watch his feet, don't be tracking mud in!
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #121:
This week's destination is London, Ohio! Our cards will be sent to Brenda who not only needs a little support and cheering up, but we are going to surprise her by throwing a week long teaparty for her birthday which is December 11th!
This destination came to me as a result of a message from a fellow SCSer and a newbie Teapotter, Faith (Yabbadodo)
! She brought to my attention the story of Brenda, a woman who is battling cancer, in the thralls of chemo, who recently had a mini-stroke, and 10 years ago had a double masectomy! When I contaced the SCSer who's friend this woman was, it turned out to be a Teapotter, Tina (GardenDiva)!
Its such a small world!! Brenda and Tina are very good friends and teaparties are close to their heart! As a matter of fact, they ARE London's Tea House Ladies! Together the host fabulous teaparties in Brenda's Victorian house. But this year they have been unable to host many teaparties for their community because of Brenda's health! Brenda looks forward to getting better and getting back to her teaparties with her good friend Tina!
For more information including Brenda's address as well as some pictures of Dolly's Tea Parlor and the story of the real life *London Teaparty Ladies*, visit Post #(156)
in the The Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Brenda. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.
Here is a wonderful sample card
made by Faith (Yabbadodo!)
Here are two wonderful sampe cards both made by Tina (GardenDiva). Here
if the first one and here
is the second!
Here is my card.
Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #121 Challenge Gallery
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT121 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog
each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!