WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #113
NANNER NANNER BOO BOO!
I EVEN WON THIS TU-TU!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you!
Before I get started with the story, I have a request. From time to time I like to communicate with the teapotters (aka ~ anyone who plays in a Teapot Tuesday Challenge). You never know when I might have some important teapotter announcements. If you would like to be included please email me at email@example.com with your email address and I will add you to the Teamail Group!
This is my story!
1. I figured I would feature a teapot with flowers on it as one last ditch effort to hold on to summer, nice weather, pretty flowering plants, going bare footed and not caring where it was that you last saw your fleece jacket!! In Colorado, September brings some pretty cool days followed by a warm up in the first of part of October and then by Halloween, we can pretty much expect snow, could be a couple of inches, could be a couple of feet! And from there on out it pretty much goes downhill! Bah!!!
2. You know whats a bummer? Being named Summer! Summer is a little worked up this week because her little brother Bucky keeps making her life miserable! Not to mention all of his pesky little friends. She's so sick of hearing Bucky and his friends (The Dweebs) chanting Summer is a bummer and Bucky is way lucky! They are so immature! She has racked her brain trying to think of ways to get even with Bucky and The Dweebs! She has tried to ignore, avoid, forget and not kill them! She refuses to stoop to their level by revealing what is really going through her head. That being her own immature chants ~ Kirk's a big fat Jerk, Billy is so Silly, Steve's a little dweeb, Charlie smells so gnarley! And her favorite, Bucky's not way lucky, he's really sorta sucky!!! But she certainly would never say that out loud! She has much more class than that! If she could only win something!
3. Aww phooey! Who's she kiddin? Bucky is VERY Lucky! He wins everything! He has won every contest, drawing, lottery, and raffle on the face of the earth! All he has to do is enter! And then he wins! Summer and her friend Spring spent 3 weeks down at the mall stuffin' a box full of entry forms with Summer's name in an attempt to win the cutest little sparkley pink tu-tu! They got writer's cramp just signing Summer's name 42,0o0 times! And just when they were feeling pretty good about winning, along comes Bucky and the Dorky Dweebs!! Bucky proceeds to fill out just one entry form and you guessed it! Nanner, Nanner Boo Boo! I Even Won this TuTu!! Gimme that TuTu Bucky! Why should I? I'm Bucky, I'm lucky Bucky and you're a bummer, Summer!! As Eula would say, "What an adventure!"
4. Here's the deal Neal! Neal is the Mall Security Guard (he even has a badge!) He was called to diffuse the situation! Summer might not be a total bummer but every one knows Bucky is totally lucky! Neal's the real deal! He knows what to do! Bucky, whatcha gonna do with that Tu-Tu? It's really sorta foo-foo!! Listen up, you two! I know a jogger who's also a blogger! Her blog is just dandy and filled with blog candy! A world record stash worth a whole lotta cash is now up for grabs, she's keeping the tabs. If Summer wins that prize, the tu-tu is hers ! Don't turn down this plan or I'll throw you in the can!
5. Our mission? Easy peasy! Let's bring Summer the stash thats worth all of the cash! Bring ribbon and braid, bring eyelets and brads! Bring primas and flowers, and buttons and bows! Bring images all stamped and colored and dry. Bring cards that are glittered, stitched, pierced, folded or embossed! Bring things that are round, brings things that are square. Bring the biggest, the best, blog candy extraordinair! This is right up your alley Teapotters, if you don't know what to do with this one, you ALL have to come in the back door. Let's get Summer her tu-tu! Toodle-lou!!
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #113:
This week our destination is Alzheimer's Care Givers. We are joining forces with Cammie (Carolyn King) who has so graciously started her annual Heart to Heart card drive for Alzheimers Care Givers. She promotes this great cause in magazines but primarily on her blog (Cammie's Blog)
in an effort to show appreciation, support and love to those special individuals who day in and day out care for the elderly afflicted with Alzheimers. A caregiver is a stressful, thankless 24/7 job whether you are one who is paid to do it or whether you are one who does it out of the love for a parent/spouse/family member or loved one!
Cammie is a special person to take this on and I am happy she is receiving some national recognition and assistance in promoting this great cause! She has been featured in this article
in Papercrafts magazine as well as another
in Crafts n' Things Magazine. She posted the details for this amazing card drive on her blog on Saturday, September 26th. Check it out here.
Thank you Cammie, for all you do! Oh and guess what? Cammie is a jogger, a jogger blogger! Snort!
For several options and addressed for Alzheimer Caregivers check Post #136
of the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station
thread should you decide to send a card to a most deserving Alzheimer's Caregiver! Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.
Here is my card
~ You're Teariffic!
Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #113 Challenge Gallery
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT113 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog
each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!