Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
MMTPT107 ~ GULLIBLE GILL JUMPED UP THE HILL AND THE BOYS SWAM PANICKING AFTER!
WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY AND CHALLENGE #107
GULLIBLE GILL JUMPED UP THE HILL
AND THE BOYS SWAM PANICKING AFTER!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you!
Before I get started with the story, I have a request. From time to time I like to communicate with the teapotters (aka ~ anyone who plays in a Teapot Tuesday Challenge). You never know when I might have some important teapotter announcements. If you would like to be included please email me at email@example.com with your email address and I will add you to the Teamail Group!
This is my story!
1. This little teapot had a fun fishy mug that went with it but I quickly cropped that mug right outa the picture! Hey, this is a Teapot Tuesday, a TEAPOT challenge! Don't ya know! Okay, so I am not big into fishing. The part of actually catching them is pretty fun but once they get on shore, well, let's just say that's where the undesirable part comes in. How to get the hook out of them without making a life long enemy, how to talk yourself into keeping it as proof you even caught it, how to make it quit wiggling so you can put it somewhere and how to transport it once it quits wiggling. I say a basket, yah, a basket. Preferrable one with a lid that can be closed. Outa sight, outa mind! Don't tell me this kinda basket is for tackle stuff or a picnic, its a fish transporter okay???
2. Meet Gullible Gill! Poor Fish, he's one of those fish that just gets teased and teased! He managed to get himself into one of the most well known fish mobs in the lake, The Silver Fins but that doesn't mean he still doesn't have issues to deal with! Some say the only reason he got into the mob is because his Uncle is the Fish-Father! The Silver Fins are pretty good guys, the worst of their offenses is swimming from fish hole to fish hole, hiding in their favorite spots and making fun of the other dumb fish that take the hook and get pulled into a boat! Oh, and they tend to place bets (gambling is not illegle in a lake!) on which fish will be pulled out of the lake first!
3. Gullible Gill has always been impressed with famous fish. The likes of Moby Dick who swims around with people in his mouth, Jaws, who also swims around with people in his mouth (yikes!), Nemo, who just swims around, and Billy The Bass, who doesn't do much swimming but lays around on a wooden plaque singing his favorite songs! Recently he has heard about a group of fish that get to visit restaurants and lay around in a basket! The Silver Fins are always telling him that if he doesn't get with *the program* they are gonna send him away to be a member of The Fish and Chips!!! Maybe they oughta! Laying around in a basket with some folks from Idaho sounds like fun! Better than always being teased about being so gullible!
4. Here's what I know, Guido. Guido, the Torpedo is the fastest fish in the mob, 42,000 miles per hour in calm water! Gullible's Uncle, The FishFather, gave him the responsibility of making sure the Silver Fins don't take their teasing too far with Gill. The boys were just swimming around at their favorite fishing hole when all of the sudden Gill swam way out away from shore, made a quick U turn and just motored as fast as he could (Guido, the Torpedo Speed!) toward the shore! When he hit the shoreline he launched himself high into the air and landed in that basket at the top of that hill! Gullible Gill Jumped Up the Hill and The Boys Swam Panicking After!! Yah, the boys have been keeping in touch with him while he's stuck in that basket and he's in pretty good spirits. He loves having the opportunity to lay around in a basket but he's bummed that the folks from Idaho are not there! He's waiting for them to come back!
5. Well, we all know who's coming back to the basket, don't we girls! The Silver Fins have to move quick, take care of this little issue before the FishFather gets back from his meeting with the *Maid* fish. (That's a whole nuther story!) They plan to do what they see done day in and day out. Fish for a Fish on Land! Bring your fishing poles, sinkers and bait. Bring your hooks, juicey worms and fancy tied flies! Bring your fish-finders, nets and obnoxious tackle boxes! Bring your bug spray, red and white bobbers, and gators! We're going fishing girls in a bit of a backwards style from lake to land, Teapot Tuesday style! If you bring The Chips (aka the folks from Idaho) to go with The Fish, you gotta come in the backdoor as we can't be dealing with the mob from Idaho!
TEAPOT TUESDAY #107
This week our destination, should you decide to send you card, is the mailbox of a little 8 year old boy by the name of Dante. Dante was brought to my attention by a fellow Teapotter, Bev (Beestamper). Dante has recently received a bone marrow transplant and at times is struggling. Another amazing thing....he received his bone marrow from his YOUNGER sister, Julia! What brave children! Dante loves fishing! I thought we could include Dante in our fishing experiences by sending him our cards along with our get well wishes.
The details (including address) are here in Post #102 of the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread should you decide to send a card to Dante. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT107 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!
If you are confused about these challenge, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
Well I took the hint - from Cindy's blog that is - I recognized a creel so I had a good idea where to go. So here is my card for Dante. I will be taking a card for little sister Julie from my "stash" of girly girl cards. Thanks for another great story and great opportunity Cindy!
what a fun mission....I love to fish....and have the bestest popcorn bear stamp I haven't inked up yet....oh my, is it to late to call in sick so I can play...heehee....will be able to send one to Julia too from the stash.....what a little darling....thx
I know the Silver Fins act all tough but I caught a pic of them and as you can see them at the bottom of the card watching as this fish is swiming near danger not even paying attention. Do they look tough to you?! Hee
I was one of the cheaters and guess what? I never got this done until this morning! snort.........guess that shows cheating never pays! LOL
Anyway, here's my card for this challenge and it will be mailed today.
This is my first time to play along...and I'm intrigued by the story! I've got to read more on this thread...sounds like fun! And what a great Destination Station! Love the idea of this challenge - thanks!