Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree184Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #321
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Thank You

I got my card from Sabrina, COOK22 yesterday. It was an amazing card that she filled with images to color and pink flowers. Thank you so much for the gorgeous card Sabrina, and for taking care of the hiccup. Your card made my day!
Attached Thumbnails
rak-sabrina.jpg  

My Website
Cards For A Cause, Operation Write Home and Cleveland Clinic Hospice
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #322
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m rather new to the “Tea-Potters” but I truly believe this thread/challenge is BLESSED.

Today I wasn’t feeling too happy, family problem and life issues in general. I went to the mailbox to get yesterday’s mail (what new bills do I have today) and “YEEHA” guess what I got, yes-in-deedee, I got my TICKLE! All the frustration LEFT! I was smiling before I opened the envelope. I was even happier when I saw the Tickle was from Canada (I like postage stamps from different places), and OH MY GOODNESS when I opened it.

The elation, joy, and happiness I felt from receiving such a BEAUTIFUL card is beyond words. The focal image is hand painted, there is ribbon, stitching, the paper is coordinated perfectly, and it has a little bat on top – what a perfect touch!

This card as well as the other one I received before is 100% more prettier in hand then the gallery picture could ever display. But that’s not all, I also received not one, not two, but several images for me to color, including House Mouse and I LOVE House Mouse.

I’m almost in tears now because I’m happy. This thread is indeed blessed at the very least it’s a blessing to me. The last time I received the tickle I was down in the dumps and I had the same reaction – Tickled to tears with Joy.

Thank You so very, very much Kokirose and Tea-Potters
Cook22, foxy67 and mother's daughter like this post.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #323
Stazon Splitcoast

A BIG thank you to a Super Sweetie... Mary ( Octoberbabe )!!! Such a lovely card!!! Beautiful sentiment on the inside: "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
She also sent me some fantastic goodies!!!! I am especially excited about the vellum quotes and sayings! YAY!!! Thank you Mary, I love your tickle!!!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=336745
Fan Club member
QFTD128
Old 12-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #324
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh I got my tickle card today from Karen (redbugdriver)!!! It is the most delish looking lemon cake!! It looks so real and it's making my hungry for a lemon cake, which I haven't had in simply years and years! She also enclosed the cutest little flourish stamp set by Basic Gray. Thank you Karen
Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152
CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SU Consultant 1st year anniversary "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Old 12-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #325
Stazon Splitcoast

I got my tickle card from Lynn(twinlynn) today that is absolutely adorable..
MMTPT278 - Things I Love... by Twinlynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
And she sent me the most adorable ribbons too, and the adorable diecuts...santa came early to my house..Thank You sooooo much Lynn
Old 12-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #326
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

One4Joy's delicious cake arrived today!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #327
Proud Fan Club Member

Hay, Hay, Hay - got my Tickle TODAY -- and I have goodies too!
Yes, I’m doing MY HAPPY DANCE! -- can’t you hear Linus & Lucy playing in the background!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgoPl35n_AY

Thank You Sandy/ Stampingwriter
stampingwriter likes this post.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #328
Hardware Hotshot

Oh the mail lady trudged through the snow today to bring me a tickle from Foxy67 AKA Pat Cobb. Such a darling multi-tiered cake............. woo hoo............

The best part.......... no calories in this one !!! ha ha

Thanks Pat!!!

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 12-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #329
Glitter Guru

I got my tickle card from cook22---Sabrina today, and loved it in the gallery and so much more now that LOL it is mine. The ladybugs are so real like one just wants to like PET them. The card is so sweet and thanks for the goodies inside---never saw the stamp before and it to is mine, but willing to share it. Hugs to you Sabrina---DonnaJeanne
Old 12-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #330
Gabfest Goddess

Received my Tickle from sue28 today. Thank you so much Sue. Love the luscious looking cake and beautiful card. And thanks for the summery images and flowers -- they brightened a very gray, rainy day here. (My son and I enjoyed the postage stamp of the Echidna as well -- he did a school project once where he made a model of an echidna using toothpicks for the spines. I think he used an entire box of toothpicks).
Old 12-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #331
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

I'm still waiting for my Thanksgiving sale shopping packages - they're so slow. But I'm happy dancing today because Pat's gorgeous Bella landed on my doorstep this morning - thank you!!
SCS Photo Challenge #205 ~ Get Stuffed
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~ Get To Work
Techniques ~ Monday is Technique Time; TLC5102: A Zip and a Dash
Old 12-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #332
Proud Fan Club Member

Finally, I can get here without the warning of attack. It's been several days ago, but I got a most beautiful cake from Sue, aka Bensarmom. Thank you Sue! And for all the wonderful images too! What joy!

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Old 12-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #333
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I just go tickled by a cow!! It is the cutest, most adorable cow and it gave me a big tickle. Thank you so much Cathy (mutnik) you really made my day which I really needed because we are buried in snow and there seems to be no end to it. I truly have been tickled.
Member of RAK and BRAK
SCS BRAK New Member Mentor, Volunteers are needed! If you are a RAK member and would like to volunteer PM me.
Kathleen Lammie likes this post.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #334
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got home 1 1/2 hours ago from spending 9 days with my son and family in Austin. Came home to lots of snow! The drive took an hour longer than usual due to snow covered and icy roads. However, my mailbox was full of Christmas cards to give me a welcome home. The icing on the cake (excuse the pun!) was not one, but two tickle cards from Letitia (tishttr1) They are both beautiful! I love the goodies you included.....the cool die cut ornaments and the gems. Thanks so much!
Old 12-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #335
Forum Fanatic

Heart A "Sweet " yahoo.

I just got my tickle yesterday from Phils mom...The cake looks so yummy with all the swirls and even cute little flowers and lucky dragonflies decorating it...so pretty . Lots of fun images to color too...so pretty and fun....TY Fran...will be saving these...will be perfect for springtime...:0)
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #336
Glitter Guru

Oh my goodness, Christmas came early as I got my tickle card from I Love Rubber and it is so beautiful IRL, told her I would wear the dress to a special event if she would just send it in my size---LOL, thanks Elizabeth for the stamped images and the great stamps and card. You made my day
Hugs
DonnaJeanne
Old 12-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #337
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Send a message via AIM to Annie's Pantry

I have a bit of news to share.... I regret to have to share with everyone here that the last two people that I was chosen to tickle have not received their cards due to the fact that last Thursday I got both packages back in the mail. Both packages have been badly damaged and the cards are not salvageable. I truly thought that is was something I have been doing, but this morning I received a PM from Gabby, sharing the same sort of story about her cards that she recently sent to me. I am not sure what is up with the USPS, but I am not happy with their service right now. I want to say sorry to anyone who has not received a scheduled card from me in the past two months and I would be very interested to hear if anyone else is having the same problems. Maybe it is time we speak up to USPS! :$
Old 12-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #338
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart

Sadly, the USPS isn't going to do anything, you'll just get lip service!!!

I am a retired Postal Employee, so here's the scoop.

The Post Office is not in the business to take care with your lumpy bumpy envelopes. If you have put in lots of work, the card is super lumpy bumpy, your best course of action to get this to the recipient in one piece, use a padded envelope!!! Yes, it will cost you more, approximately $2.07, but isn't it worth it to get it to the recipient in one piece. There is an advantage to this method too. It will not go through their letter sorting machines, and it will get there faster!!

The machines used for sorting the mail will sort up to or more than 42,000 pieces and hour. This mail will winds through approximately 20 twists and turns in just one pass and is not set up for the lumpy bumpies we so love to make. There are so many belts this mail gets squished between, that if there's a lumpy bumpy, chances are very good that it will get the lumpy bumpy squished right out of it. One letter may go through 5 to 7 machine runs to get to you.

Seriously folks, my DH was a mechanic that worked on these machines, I worked on these machines as an operator, these machines DO NOT LIKE LUMPY BUMPIES!!!. The Post office sadly doesn't give a rats butt, and will shove and force just about everything it can through these machines. Sometimes the only way to get these jams out, is to tear the piece.

I too have had mail gone bad through these machines. I got the top half back with my address, and so very sadly, the bottom half made it to the recipient.

As of now, I have a Christmas card to a fellow SCS'er MIA. It was a beautiful card that was hand embroidered and had crystals on it. It's been 3 weeks now, and it's nowhere to be seen. It's my bad as I didn't send in a padded envelope. I do believe that I used bubble wrap, but I don't remember what I did 3 weeks ago. I have since sent another, but it's nowheres as beautiful as the first one I sent. At least I have a photo of the first one. I suspect that I will be getting "parts" back after Christmas.

And on that note, once it's been destroyed, it will take tame to get whatever parts are retrievable back, especially now with Christmas. Sadly, once it's in what is called the "Nixie" area, it's sort of gets lost in time. You wouldn't believe how much ends up there. Christmas is one of the worst times for "Nixies".

Bottom line... [B] If you have spent considerable time, it's super lumpy bumpy, and you really want the recipient to get the card in good condition, use a padded envelope, even placing a piece of cardboard in there for protection!! [/B

The Post Office really does not care about your card!!!

Jennifer

Last edited by mother's daughter; 12-22-2013 at 12:17 PM..
stamp300 likes this post.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #339
Gabfest Goddess

For what it's worth the last month's tickle was the first I've ever had trouble with and it was partially my fault. Anyone who has received one of my cards probably laughs at how I protect the sticking out bits. I cut rings of cardboard tubing (like an empty toilet paper roll) and place the rings around anything that needs protecting, then I put a piece of bubble wrap over the top face and it always arrives undamaged. Last time I thought the wee flower would be OK without my usual procedure, but I was wrong. It certainly costs more to mail it that way but once a month to a teapotting friend, who cares.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #340
Proud Fan Club Member

By all means, I'm not ragging on the Post Office, I'm just stating the facts.

I'm sure we have all had our bad experiences. Case in point, a Tickle to Australia took a month long tour before arriving at the destination, while the replacement took about 10 days.

A pack of paper going about 200 miles within the same state, took 2 weeks.
A Christmas card mailed on or about Dec 3rd is MIA. It's going to a fellow Scs'er.
But there's the good side of using a padded envelope (parcel) and it getting to Utah in 2 days.

Like Elizabeth, I use bubble wrap, a sheet of cardstock over the card front, and even felt. I don't mind paying the extra postage.

But I do want people to know just what it is their mail piece is going to go through. The machines that sort your letter type mail are not gentle. The more management can force through the machines, the greater their bottom line, the less they need an actual person to do the job.

This is just a Caveat Emptor.

Jennifer
Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #341
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies, same thing has happened to me. I posted a card to Gabby in the USA in first days of November, it is still missing. Additionally I don't think my tickle card has reached the recipient yet and I have not received anything yet either. Hopefully the Christmas mail is the hold up and all the cards will end up being delivered safely.

I have had the most wonderful year being a Teapotter, thank you all for your friendship, lovely words, amazing cards and for inspiring me and teaching me so much. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, only 2 sleeps to go.

Huge hugs my friends, love Susie xxx

Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:50 AM   #342
Stazon Splitcoast

I am still waiting on my November "tickle" and just assume it is caught up with all the Christmas mail!!

I just wanted to wish all my fellow tea potters a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2014,

Sue28.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #343
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

WooHoo, I got tickled. I am now the proud owner of a gorgeous GardenDiva original, along with some very cute Christmas tree die cuts. Tina thank you so much, they are the cutest little mice I have ever seen. What a lovely surprise to receive on Christmas Eve. Merry christmas my friend. Big hugs, Susie

Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #344
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay! I received Coffeestamper's lovely card, thank you. It brightened my day even with our snow.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 12-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #345
Stazon Splitcoast

Woohoo, received my tickle card for November this morning - a huge thank you, Donnajeanne!! I love the gorgeous glittery cake, pretty dp and fabulous sentiment!! Thank you, too, for my goodies which I look forward to using!!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #346
You know I love RED

Default Thanks Mary!!

I guess I'm the first to reply......I was tickled by octoberbabe, Mary, and received her fun card today. Thanks so much Mary for the treats you included. The tickle has become one of the things I look forward to on the last Tuesday of the month!!
Proud Fan Club Member
TLC Hostess for the 5th Monday of the month
Cook22 and muscrat like this post.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #347
Hardware Hotshot

I received my tickle today from mother's daughter AKA Jennifer........ Such a sweet card and full of fun die cuts and goodies!!

Thanks Jennifer!!!!!

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

muscrat likes this post.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #348
Proud Fan Club Member

Whoohoo, Tina! Considering the weather in your area, that's not bad at all!

Truly my pleasure!

Jennifer
Old 01-11-2014, 01:31 PM   #349
Proud Fan Club Member

I just received my very first tickle! Thank you Sabrina (Cook 22)! The card is wonderful and the stamp is adorable!! Can't wait to use it!!
Winners Post
Old 01-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #350
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh I just got the most wonderful tickle card package from Carmen (salome000) and I do mean PACKAGE! She sent the cutest tickle card and a whole booty of goodies, including a card she made casing Kittie!!!!! How brave and talented she is to do that!!!!! thank you so much Carmen. Gosh us teapotters have a good time
Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152
CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SU Consultant 1st year anniversary "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Cook22, muscrat and salome000 like this post.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #351
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Happy mail here today, too! I got that lovely peaceful window scene from Coolmom23 - just like the sunrise this morning - only without the ice and frost.
SCS Photo Challenge #205 ~ Get Stuffed
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~ Get To Work
Techniques ~ Monday is Technique Time; TLC5102: A Zip and a Dash
muscrat and Coolmom23 like this post.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #352
Glitter Guru

Yeah, got the mail and my tickle came today from Kathy, aka, Muscrat. Really pretty INR as the cards always seem!. Thank goodness was sitting at the table as when pulled out and opened all these goodies fell out---so many. Love the card and the goodies. Thanks---DonnaJeanne
stamp300 and muscrat like this post.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #353
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

OMG!! This is the FIRST thing I've done like this on SCS and i'm just THRILLED! Pam Mackayk's card and goodies arrived today and it was like Santa! I get packages from Ebay but this was all mine and didn't cost a dime! TY Pam...you made my day! I'm TOTALLY telling everyone that I made the umbrella card...I think my stamp will cover yours. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Kidding. Love to all of you...you're such a special group of people. I really hope there's stamping in Heaven!

photo-30-.jpg

I am a:
Proud Fan Club Member

PROUD Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Member

And because everybody else has one and I HATE being left out, here's my blog PapercraftGoddess
mother's daughter likes this post.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #354
Hardware Hotshot

Susie! hey Susie! I got the card you sent for the "tickle" and I sure am tickled just to get one of your glorious cards! Oh My the time and talent that went into this..and I just love having it. Thanks also for the fence die cuts and the bench die cuts..I have neither die and just treasure these! Thank you so much ..and all the way from "down under" ..I sure am a happy camper today! Thanks again!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #355
Proud Fan Club Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by salome000 View Post
OMG!! I really hope there's stamping in Heaven!

Attachment 287946
There had better be, cause I'm taking all my stuff with me!

Jennifer
muscrat and salome000 like this post.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #356
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I am so excited, I received my tickle card from Susan (one4joy) today. Thank you so much Susan. I love how you did the door with embossing powder. Being tickled by fellow tea potters really is a highlight of the month.
Member of RAK and BRAK
SCS BRAK New Member Mentor, Volunteers are needed! If you are a RAK member and would like to volunteer PM me.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #357
Cardstock Collector

Hey Y'all!! I was tickled today by Connie Jones (stamp300)!! Thanks so much Connie!! I loved that you sent a little happy along with it!!!
stamp300 and muscrat like this post.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #358
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolmom23 View Post
Hey Y'all!! I was tickled today by Connie Jones (stamp300)!! Thanks so much Connie!! I loved that you sent a little happy along with it!!!
Yay! You got it, it was kind of bumpy because of step card huh? You're welcome!
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Coolmom23 likes this post.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #359
Stazon Splitcoast

I received my tickle card from Karen (redbugdriver), such a pretty card. Thank you. I will start playing again this weekend, just been sick.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 01-17-2014, 04:14 AM   #360
Hardware Hotshot

I'm beginning to worry............. my card should have gotten to it's destination days ago!!!

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.