Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 02:47 AM   #241
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT158 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT158 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is New York! If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Patrick! The husband of fellow teapotter, Charlene (cookiebaker) works with a woman who's brother is battling cancer. Once again, it's cancer that has him fighting for his life. Here is a little more information in the words of Patrick's sister.................

Patrick (goes by PJ) was originally diagnosed with testicular cancer and had that taken care of. Soon after, a tumor was discovered in his stomach by his kidney. They had hopes to remove it surgically after his last round of chemo but that didn't happen. His tumor markers went up again. He's had a total of 8 weeks of chemo already. They are also doing stem cell recovery this time which is kinda new so hopefully his recovery should be quicker. He also recently has had to have all of this teeth pulled as a result of the chemo.

PJ is a New York fan so the GIANTS and YANKEES are his teams. I think alot of funny cards right now will be great! He is 41 years old. He loves animals. He has a golden retriever named April. Here is my brother's address:

PATRICK WARD
4410 CAYUGA AVE # 3C
BRONX, NY 10471

Thank you once again and lots of prayers are always welcome

Katie

Thank you all for bringing a bright spot to PJ's world right now!

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-08-2011 at 02:55 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:53 AM   #242
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT159 ~ DESTINATION STATION

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #MMTPT159:

This week's destination is Aurora, Colorado! If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Connie! The sister of Fellow Teapotter Cathy (Mutnik~Curthy~Teapotter obsessed with Curt, The Squirt!) who is also a most dedicated and loyal Teapotter (Connie Jo9 aka Con-Air) is having knee replacement surgery today while we are having our tea! This surgery has been planned for quite some time and Cathy brought it to my attention several months ago. Wow, how time flies! This week we get to bring a bright spot to the recovery of a fellow Teapotter by sending her some SCS Teapotter love!

Some of you may find yourself wondering about how Connie became Con-Air and how her sister became obsessed with Curt, who by the way has become a most loyal Teapotter!

The Con-Air Story:
We had a teaparty in the mountains of Colorado one week with Shawn White. We wanted to learn how to snowboard! Connie took to snowboarding like nobody's business or was it Shawn White she took to? Snort! You can see that challenge here and more importantly see Connie's card and read about her snowboarding attire. Click here! You will getta giggle for sure!

The Curt the Squirt Story:
We had a teaparty to help Alicia (winner of the California Cow Contest) (I should mention that Alicia was my cow and was the winner even though many say it was really some other cow that won!) to help her little brother Curt the Squirt find a new career. Since Alicia spent lots of time in Hollywood, Curt thought he could be a stunt cow. That really didn't go over too well as you can see by clicking here as Curt was so little, he got stuck in the middle! This was the beginning of a certain Teapotter's obsession!

Here is Connie's address:

Connie Finley
3509 S. Rifle Street
Aurora, Colorado 80013

Thank you all for putting a smile on the fellow Teapotter Connie's face and helping her to recover quickly with your wonderful cards! Thanks from me, Curt and Cathy!

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-15-2011 at 02:57 AM..
Old 08-22-2011, 03:29 AM   #243
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT160 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT160 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Marblehead, Massachusetts. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Barbara! Barbara is the oldest and dearest friend of the mother of fellow SCSer Missro (Robin). Robin contacted me and wondered if the Teapotters could help her with a card drive for her mother's closest friend who is battling yet another round of Ovarian cancer.

Here is a little more information in Robin's own words:

Barbara was diagnosed with stage three Ovarian cancer a few years back. She has undergone surgery three times to remove different masses. Two months ago she started falling ill again and after a recent visit to the doctor a PET scan revealed a large mass in her abdomen. She was rushed to the local hospital to be prepped for surgery. Surgery went better then expected but her recovery will be difficult because she was in such a weakened state. She had lost almost 30 lbs in the last two months alone. More than likely, as with past surgeries, she will begin more rounds of chemo once she has recovered from the surgery. She's got her work cut out for her!

Barbara would love humorous cards,! She loves pastel colors, flowers, and birds as evidenced by two birdhouses in her yard! Barbara's inital prognosis was not promising so please, no get well wishes or hope your feeling better cards. Keeping things on the lighter side would be good.

Barbara has been released from the hospital at this time but she is not at home. She is temporarily in a recovery center so we are asking the cards be mailed to Robin who will in turn get the cards to Barbara.

Here is the mailing address:

Barbara Mace
c/o Robin Guillen
P.O. Box 148
Marblehead, MA 01945

Thanks everyone from me, Robin and Robin's mom!

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-24-2011 at 03:30 AM..
Old 08-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #244
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT161 ~ DESTINATION STATION.

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #MMTPT161

This week's destination is Fort Lupton, Colorado. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Julie? Julie (Julesanne) is a fellow teapotter who had some pretty extensive back surgery yesterday! Julie has always participated in sending her cards to the recipients of the Destination Station and this week, its Julie's turn to get some happy mail!

Here is a little more information as well as Julie's address:

Julie had back surgery yesterday, a 2 level fusion. She had already had one done preciously but it didn't heal well, the bone didn't fuse, so they had to go back in, take out all that hardware, redo that fusion and then fuse the level below that, as it has also ruptured. The Doctor is saying the recovery time is about 6-8 weeks. Of course Julie is concerned that she will miss out on some teaparties! I say, lets give Julie another worry! How about Julie worrying about whether or not her mailbox can hold that many cards! Whoot!

Here is Julie's address:

Julie Tankersley
10774 WCR 22
Fort Lupton, Colorado 80621

Thanks everyone! You all just rock!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:56 AM   #245
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT162 ~ DESTINATION STATION

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #MMTPT162:

This week our destination is a Philadelphia, PA. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Eula! Eula is celebrating her 109th birthday on September 14th. Eula was brought to our attention last year by Lorraine (Pidgesmom). Lorraine has a friend (Jackie) who met Eula and has become very close! Eula is an amazing women. Let's make Eula's 109th birthday a beautiful thing by sending her our wonderfully decorated interior rooms! Ha! She's a colorful woman, she should have a colorful 109th birthday!

If you plan to send your card to Eula, there is a little homework assignment. More about that later!

Last year, when Eula was 108, we sent her birthday cards. That was for challenge MMTPT109, that's right 52 challenges ago! Wowza! We made cards with a Parrot theme as Eula has a parrot (Star) that she loves! When I say Eula is amazing, you will see what I mean when you read the thank you note she sent to the Teapotters last year. Whenever I hear *What An Adventure!*, I think of Eula! I also have a picture of her attached here with her cards from last year many of which are not shown because they are spread all over her room!

Here is her thank you note, in Eula's own words from one year ago......

Dear Stampers:

What a wonderful birthday present... I could not imagine that I would ever receive cards so beautiful and from EVERYWHERE! Each one was a treasure to hold in my hand. This birthday was so much fun for me and I found myself anticipating the mail each day after the first batch of cards arrived. I have shared them with all of my friends here at Cathedral Village and all of the visitors I have had. No one can believe that people I never met would be so kind to recognize me in this way. I have been asked to come to the men's group to share the story.. of course everyone here wonders what a blog is! My friend Jackie did her best to explain it to me. I am very interested in the Internet. People explain it all to me and it is a wonderful thing to be able to have access to so much information so quickly! I am thinking of adding computers to the classes that I take each month!

So.. I will answer the question for you that everyone asks a person of my age... what keeps me so alive and vital?? The answer is simple... LOVE! I LOVE people, I LOVE to learn and I am curious about everything! I eat well, I sleep, I read 2-3 books a month, I crochet lap blankets to be donated to people undergoing dialysis. I make bookmarks. I take care of my bird, Star! Each day for me is an adventure and a day to be treasured. My nephew and I recently had to make a decision about renewing my passport! It was no easy decision.. Finally.. reluctantly I told him that maybe my international travel days are over... we then made the decision to go to the local DMV to get a photo ID! Funny thing is that the computers only registered a birthday of 1906 and of course mine is 1902. It through a glitch in the process and we were there ALL day! They kept asking me ...are you sure you were born in 1902??? What an adventure!

So.. stampers.. that is a little about me. Keep up the good work.. you are a very talented bunch! If you are every in Philadelphia.. please drop by and visit. To the woman who shared about her life on the organic farm... I LOVED reading all about you and would love to KNOW more!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! And one more thing.. If you are wondering about my philosophy about death... read the poem Thanatopsis... the last verse explains it well!

Eula Cousins

And now, for your homework assignment! As you can see, Eula loves, loves, loves life and people! She loves to hear about and know about other people's lives. If you can, take the time to enclosed a little letter addressed to her about you and your life. Nothing elaborate, maybe you can just explain why you designed her birthday card they way you did, why what you like is what you like, a little about your family. She would love to read lots of letters from her stamping friends from EVERYWHERE! What an Adventure!

We are celebrating 109 years of Eula by sending her the rooms in our glass house.

Here is Eula's address:

Mrs. Eula Cousins
Cathedral Village
600 E. Cathedral Road
Philadelphia, PA 19128

Thank you everyone!! Thank you Lorraine and Jackie!
Attached Thumbnails
eula-her-cards-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 09-12-2011 at 03:50 AM..
Old 09-12-2011, 03:57 AM   #246
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT163 ~ DESTINATION STATION.

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #MMTPT163

This week our destination is a Waupaca, WI. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to fellow SCSer Michelle (fairygirlmichelle). Michelle was brought to my attention by fellow Teapotter Faith (yabbadodo). Michelle and Faith are active in the RAK forums.

As you know many of the recipients of our cards have very serious and life changing medical issues. But sometimes our lives are devastated by something other than health issues! Sometimes there is so much thrown at us all at once that it's most difficult to stay positive and upbeat! That is the situation with Michelle and she needs a little SCS Teapotter happy mail to help her get through some tough times.

Without going into alot of details about Michelle's situation let me just say that her problems started out with her deep concern and support of her husband's issues with a health problem and ended up with a move into a new residence all alone! In between all of that, there is the loss of her job, an affair, the ultimate detrayal of a close friend, a divorce, and finally a whole new life. The one postive thing coming out of all of this was the support of her family.

So, we are here to help Michelle change her life from devastation to celebration in a new and HAPPY life! Lots of handmade cards mailed to her in her very own mailbox at her very own residence! A teaparty if you will!

Here is Michelle's NEW address:

Michelle Zywicki
812 School St.
Waupaca, WI. 54981

Thank you everyone!! Thank you Faith!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:58 AM   #247
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT164 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT164 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

This week our destination is Visalia, CA. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Breanne. Breanne was brought to our attention by Fellow Teapotter/SCSer Tosh (stamps4funinCA).

Breanne was a very skilled swimmer in the butterfly. She qualified for Valley her Junior year in H.S. and was looking to final her Senior year, but she was having problems with fatigue and achy muscles and had to drop out of swimming. That was 4 years ago. In 2010, at the age of 19, she was diagnosed with Relapsing MS and they just recently found a medication that is helping. However, she can't be on it long because of the damage it can do to her immune system. Breanne had flare ups about every 4 to 6 weeks this past year. Every flare was different depending where in her brain or spinal cord the MS attacked. Some days she could not even walk. The MS really threw off her balance and her ability to walk. The doctor's would prescribe steroids to help heal up the lesions on the brain. She had to be taken to the hospital for IV infusions of steroids several times. This usually calmed down the MS and gets her back on her feet again. Her last MRI showed no new MS lesions on her which they are very thankful and grateful for the healing.

Breanne's father recently had knee surgery and a heart attack and her twin sister has just had shoulder surgery. So, this family has been under a lot of stress. Her father is recovering well, but Breanne continues to fight this disease, and would welcome your cards and your thoughts and prayers.

Breanne is studying to be a Music Major in either voice or Theory composition. She loves music and all of her instruments. She plays the guitar and flute, a little bit of bass and is taking piano lessons. She is on the praise and worship teams at her church and also is a coach for the Visalia Waves swim team. She loves to teach little ones how to swim.

Here is Breanne's address:

Breanne Kalmink
1147 Rossmoor Ct.
Visalia, CA 93291

Thank you everyone!! Thank you Tosh!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #248
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT165 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT165 ~ DESTINATION STATION

The Destination this week is each other! Every last Tuesday of each month, we will be sending our cards to each other! A little payback and reward to the teapotters for always sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station.

It is our goal to surprise each and every Teapotter that is participating participate in this monthly card swap and send their card to in this monthly Tickle a Teapotter card swap with a handmade card from another Teapotter! You know, give em a little tickle! Ha!

To accomplish that I have started a Tickle a Teapotter ~ Scrappin' with Whatserdoodle Poodle Kit N. KaBoodle-Snoodle thread in the Teapot Tuesday Challenge Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go this thread and simply post a comment listing your name and the number (in sequence) that you happened to the thread. Now this is where you getta use what you learned at the teaparty this week! Snort! Practice...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...what comes after 6? Okay back to the rules.....

For instance someone will post the first comment using their SCS name and their number in sequence (I am using *Someone* as a sample) It will look like this:

Someone #1
Then the next person comes in and posts:
Second Someone #2

and so on and so on.....and so on and so on.....

Then, I will randomly pick your number and match it to a card made by another participating teapotter and I will pm each of you with your assigned destinations! This won't happen until all cards have been uploaded. I am thinking at least a week so we don't leave anyone out!

Tickle A Teapotter Card Exchange Guidelines!
Since everyone is so excited to get tickled by a Teapotter, I am listing a few guidelines. I take pride in having no rules, that is why I am calling them quidelines! Ha!

1. You will be receiving a short pm from me on Sunday or Monday of next week. It will be short and will simply say.....

In the subject line.........You tickle........

Inside the pm....It will give you the SCSer's name that you are to send your card to.

If you do not receive a pm from me, its cuz something has gone wrong, so please pm me. It's probably operator error, me being the operator! Ha!

2. Please mail your card shortly after you have received word from me regarding who you are tickling! Everyone is excited and looking forward to getting their card!

3. When you receive your card from a Fellow Teapotter, please send a pm to that person so they know their card has been received!

4. If you don't know the address of the person you have been assigned to, don't pm that person to get it. That will ruin their surprise! Just pm me and I will get it for you and keep the surprise in tact!

You get extra cookies if you throw in a couple of fun images with your card. A fun idea suggested by fellow teapotter! I double dawg dare ya to send goofy ones! Snort!

Hope you all have fun with this destination this week!

Last edited by Mothermark; 09-26-2011 at 04:14 AM..
Old 10-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #249
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT166 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT166 ~ DESTINATION STATION:

This week our destination is Painesville, Ohio. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Sharon. Sharon was brough to our attention by fellow teapotter Karen (Redbugdriver).

Sharon is a very close friend of Karen's and is struggling after multiple surgeries on a foot that has been very problematic! She had her 4th surgery just a few days ago, on September 30th. Prior to that in October of 2009 (her third surgery) she broke her opposite leg at the same time! She is looking a some definate time in rehab but hopefully not as long as her previous rehab which lasted three months. To put it mildly, this foot has made a rough go of things for Sharon.

Sharon used to work for a major airline and she enjoys flying to Arizona to see her two granddaughters, Ashley and Raven. Ashley is in college this year and playing volleyball. Sharon is so disappointed that she won't be able to go and watch her play. When she is able she frequently flies there to spend time with her favorite grandgirls! Sharon loves flowers, her favorites are hydrangeas and hibiscus and her favorite color is purple. Faith based cards would be welcomed!

Sharon can't go to Arizona, so let's bring Arizona to her in Ohio!

Here is Sharon's address:

Sharon Neighbors
702 Rivers Edge Lane
Painesville, OH 44077

Thank you everyone!! Thank you Karen!

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-03-2011 at 06:23 AM..
Old 10-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #250
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT167 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT167 ~ DESTINATION STATION:

This week our destination is Fairport, Ohio. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it Chip. Chip is the husband of fellow teapotter Karen (Redbugdriver). Chip's situation was brought to my attention by one of Karen's best SCS buddies, Pam (bailmac).

Chip has had problems with his foot for a very, very, very long time. He recently spent quite some time in the hospital during which time he had two surgeries due to an ulcer on his foot. The most recent surgery resulted in a partial amputation. Chip will be able to walk, but the next three to six weeks is crucial. Chip has to stay in a Rehabilitation Center away from home during this time. He has to 100% completely be committed to keeping any and all weight off that foot. You all must know, that for a man, that is not an easy thing to accomplish! This surgery and rehabilitation is hopefully the end of a difficult 7 years of foot problems, pain and worry and the beginning of life with some adjustments but in the end a much improved scenario.

Chip is a referee! He loves to referee! Unfortunately, after his partial amputation, he will no longer be able to do what he loves. He will however stay close to the world he loves by teaching referee classes. Of course, its no surprise that he is a huge Ohio State Buckeyes fan and he loves to fish!

Karen has kept this a secret from Chip as she hopes to show up to visit him one day at the Rehabilitation Center with a armful of cards to cheer him up! Hey, if we send a ton of cards, that will keep him quiet! Sitting all day opening up cards! Whoot! Let's make that happen!

Here is Chip's address:

Chip Saalfield
1148 High Street
Fairport Harbor, OH 44077

Thank you everyone!! Thank you Pam!

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-10-2011 at 04:14 PM..
Old 10-12-2011, 02:51 AM   #251
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart SPECIAL OCTOBER BREAST CANCER AWARENESS ~ HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO DESTINATION!

OCTOBER BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
SPECIAL TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and every year SCS does a wonderful job of doing their part to bring awareness and support to many. Throughout the entire month there are special challenges being hosted each day and the cards that result from those challenges are sent to the MD Anderson Cancer Center to be used in encouraging breast cancer patients and their families!

SCS makes this a fun month. They reward those who participate in the challenges with the chance to win wonderful amazing prizes! You can find information about these challenges here. And you can find information about the prizes here.

Fellow Teapotter Teresa (va.sunshine) is hosting a challenge on the 12th of October. As a second part to her challenge she is also challenging SCS members to support a fellow SCSer who is battling breast cancer for the second time. Teresa will be challenging participants to make a card for MD Anderson for the main challenge and to make a second card for fellow SCSer/Teapotter Jackie (m&m'sgrandma).

Just about one year ago, Jackie was the destination of Teapot Tuesday #162. Jackie fought her battle and we all celebrated her return to the Teapot Tuesday challenges/galleries after a clean bill of health. Sadly, a year later her breast cancer has returned and she is too weak to make cards once again.

Here is the original Teapot Tuesday Destination Thread complete with Jackie's address and here is the original request for cards with updates posted by her daughter Trina (mnfroggie) another fellow SCSer/Teapotter.

If you find yourself unable to make a second card for Jackie, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers on this 12th day of October as today Jackie's long awaited appointment with the onocologist happens and her journey battling cancer once again begins.

IMPORTANT NOTE!!

In order to be eligible for prizes upload the card you made for the main challenge using the instructions and keywords listed above.

The second part of the challenge, a card for Jackie, is completely 100% voluntary. If you chose to only make a card for Jackie and not the main challenge, you will not be eligible for prizes.

Here's an idea! Make two of the same card! One for MD Anderson and one for Jackie! How cool is that?

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-12-2011 at 03:15 AM..
Old 10-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #252
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT68 ~ DESTINATION STATION

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #MMTPT168:

This week our destination is Aurora, Colorado. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it Elsie! Elsie is a good friend of Sharon (smadson). Elsie is celebrating her birthday on October 31st (no Halloween cards please) and this year we need to make her birthday extra happy, fun and exciting as this has been a sad year for Elsie.

Elsie's son (David C. Carter) was killed in Afghanistan. He was the co-pilot of the Chinook helicopter that was shot down killing 30 U.S. troops, including 17 Navy Seals. You can read more about David C. Carter here as well as here.

Sharon and Elsie are long time friends and both lived in Hays, Kansas back in the day. For many, many years they celebrated their birthdays together as Sharon's is the 28th of October and Elsie's was the 31st. They had another friend (Gwen) who is now deceased but her birthday was the 26th. The three of them celebrated many a birthdays together and Elsie and Sharon have very fond memories. Just like in the Teapot Tuesday story, these three enjoyed each other's company! Elsie is a Christian woman who loves tea and adores African Violets and was in an African Violet Club back in the day.

Please no Halloween cards and no sympathy cards. It's a Happy Birthday celebration for Elsie. Feel free however to thank her for her son's service and sacrifice.

Here is her address:

Elsie Carter
4105 S Cimarron Way Apt 1215
Aurora CO 80014-4231

Thank you from me and thank you from Sharon!

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-17-2011 at 01:38 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #253
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT169 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT169 ~ DESTINATION STATION
OCTOBER TICKLE A TEAPOTTER CHALLENGE!

The Destination this week is each other! Every last Tuesday of each month, we will be sending our cards to each other! A little payback and reward to the teapotters for always sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station.

It is our goal to surprise each and every Teapotter that is participating in this monthly card swap and send their card to in this monthly Tickle a Teapotter card swap with a handmade card from another Teapotter! You know, give em a little tickle! Ha!

To accomplish that I have started a Tickle a Teapotter ~ Let's Take The King Outa Kong thread in the Teapot Tuesday Challenge Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go this thread and follow the instructions.

Important:
If you choose to participate, please mail your card shortly after you have received word from me regarding who you are tickling! Everyone is excited and looking forward to getting their card! If for some reason you cannot get your card off in the mail, please let me or the person to whom you were assigned know.

When you receive your card from a Fellow Teapotter, please send a pm to that person so they know their card has been received!

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-24-2011 at 05:17 PM..
Old 10-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #254
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT170 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT170 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is . If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to fellow Teapotter, Kathy (CAKath). Kathy is in need of some warm fuzzies and heartfelt sympathy wishes at this time! Back in the beginning of October, Kathy and I scheduled her sister Joanne to be the destination for this week's challenge. We were to send beautiful beach themed cards to Joanne to get her mind off her cancer treatments. Sadly, Joanne's teaparty just did not come quick enough as she passed away on Wednesday, October 12th. Kathy had vowed to wear pink all month in October has her mother, aunt and 2 younger sisters all battled breast cancer.

Kathy's sister (Joanne ) was diagnosed with a serious kidney condition when she was in her 20's. Despite that, she pursued having 2 children but each pregnancy resulted in more pain and illness. The disease continued to progress putting her in a wheelchair from time to time, unable to walk. Great discipline and care resulted in her bouncing back for the most part until breast cancer struck a few years ago. Surgery and recovery seemed to be on the horizon. Joanne was determined to have a full life and embarked on the process for a kidney transplant, until a tumor was discovered during that process. She progressed to total kidney failure and dialysis. Then, chemo and the side effects. She was scheduled for invasive treatment in hopes of stopping the tumor from growing further in October and November. Sadly, she lost her battle before that could happen. Kathy was able to get to her side and spend time with her during her last days.

In honor of Joanne, I have changed the destination this week to Kathy herself as this is a very sad time in her family. I am hoping a nice collection of cards can be sent to Kathy and she can share them with her family as well.

Here is Kathy's address:

Kathy Baffone
2862 Opal Court
Simi Valley, CA 93063

Thank You!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:08 AM   #255
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT171 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT171 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Pt. Pleasant, W.Va. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to John and Jane Bennett? John and Jane were brought to my attention by fellow Teapotter Cataanne (Carolyn). Jane is Carolyn's neice. Jane's husband John has stage 4 (terminal) lung cancer. He's had several seizures and hospice has been called. All that and he still stays cheerful and upbeat. His wife Jane has had some complications after a gastric by-pass procedure years ago. She is presently having night feedings via a feeding tube and once she has gained some weight, she will have that corrected. Through all of this they both try to remain upbeat and positive!

Jane & John have 2 cats they call their Divas.They have jeweled collars and pretty much anything else fancy that a cat can have! The cats have names but they have always called them Their Diva Cats. John loves WVU footbalTV since he can no longer work. Jane loves scary movies, her computer, and she collects teapots. They have an 18 year old grandaughter who has been a real joy to them, even more now that John is confined to home.

John and Jane will love getting Diva cat cards! They can certainly use some happy mail! Cards that are happy, upbeat, and fun will make them smile! They both have kept an upbeat and positive attitude even with all they continue to face. Please no *Get Well* Cards!

Here is John and Jane's address:

John and Jane Bennett
3213 Franklin Avenue
Pt. Pleasant, W.Va. 25550-1803

Thank You!
Cindy

UPDATE: Sadly, John has passed away. Please do no send any more cards to his address. Thank you.

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-28-2011 at 02:49 AM..
Old 11-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #256
Rubber Obsessor

Since I also have a vast collection of teapots (and tea cups) the challenge title intrigued me. When I read that this is the land of make believe, I knew I had found a home! I believe in fairies, leprechauns, ghosts and goblins! However, for the life of me I can't find the most recent challenge. Would someone please direct me to it? I would be very grateful.

My blog:http://catladymewsings.blogspot.com/
My website: www.rsrdecorarts.com
Old 11-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #257
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca504 View Post
Since I also have a vast collection of teapots (and tea cups) the challenge title intrigued me. When I read that this is the land of make believe, I knew I had found a home! I believe in fairies, leprechauns, ghosts and goblins! However, for the life of me I can't find the most recent challenge. Would someone please direct me to it? I would be very grateful.
Hi there! Oops, shoulda seen this yesterday! I will pm you! Tee hee! We would love having you at the teaparty! Hugs!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:09 AM   #258
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT172 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT172 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Bellingham, WA. If you would like a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Will and Nate Renz, the twin sons of Katie Renz who recently lost her battle with cancer. Charlene (cookiebaker) brought to my attention that Will and Nate will be celebrating their 6th birthday on November 19th. This will be their first birthday without their mom to make it special. Showering the boys with hand made birthday cards will give them a little something to look forward to at the mail box.

Many of us in the stamping community have followed Katie Renz's blog from the time of her diagnosis. Her strength and determination along they way was amazing and so inspirational. She will be forever missed in the stamping community. In honor of Katie, let's celebrate the boy's 6th birthday.

Katie's older son also has a birthday coming up in early December. He too will also be featured as a destination in the near future.

Here is Will and Nate's address. How about mailing their cards together but enclosed in their own separate envelope so they don't have to share opening one envelope. Not a requirement of course but you know how twins are!

Will and Nate Renz
P.O. Box 5913
Bellingham, WA 98227-5913

Thank you! Thank you Charlene (cookiebaker) for suggesting this destination!

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-27-2011 at 05:57 AM..
Old 11-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #259
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT173 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT173 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Burlington, Ontario, Canada. If you would like a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Neil Klippenstein. Neil's story was brought to our attention by fellow Teapotter crystaldolphins (Charlene). Neil is the cousin of very close family friends of Charlene's who was in a motorcycle accident recently. The young driver of a truck who sped up to make it through a yellow light hit Neil on his motorcycle, pushed him into the vehicle in front of him and sent him into the air. He is now a quadrapalegic. He has a wife and 2 kids. He is still in the hospital and likely to be there for months.

There are two videos here. An interview with Neil and a story about a motorcycle ride for Neil to raise funds and bring attention to motorcycle awareness. After seeing the interview, you will agree that Neil is a thoughtful and forgiving man. He is not bitter and remains encouraged. Here is the link:

Interview and Story About Neil Klippenstein.

Motorcycles are close to Neil's heart even though he won't ever ride again. Our cards will bring him great joy which he truly deserves. He has a great attitude and will appreciate the thoughtfulness of strangers.

We are mailing the cards directly to Charlene who will accumulate them, package them up and get them hand delivered to the hospital! A great surprise for Neil and his family!

Here is the mailing address:

Neil Klippenstein
c/o The Mitchells
P.O. Box 637
St. Malo, MB
R0A 1T0
Canada

Thank you! Thank you Charlene (crystaldolphins) for suggesting this destination!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:00 AM   #260
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

MMTPT174 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Bellingham, WA. If you would like a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Hunter Renz, the oldest son of Katie Renz who recently lost her battle with cancer. Charlene (cookiebaker) brought to my attention that Hunter will be celebrating his 12th birthday on December 1st. This will be his first birthday without mom to make it special. Showering Hunter with hand made birthday cards will give him a little something to look forward to at the mail box.

Many of us in the stamping community have followed Katie Renz's blog from the time of her diagnosis. Her strength and determination along they way was amazing and so inspirational. She will be forever missed in the stamping community. In honor of Katie, let's celebrate the Hunter's 12th birthday.

Hunter loves books, loves reading, loves magic, is NOT into sports, and loves, loves, loves Harry Potter!

Hunter Renz
P.O. Box 5913
Bellingham, WA 98227-5913

Thank you! Thank you Charlene (cookiebaker) for suggesting this destination!

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-28-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Old 12-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #261
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT175 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT175 ~ DESTINATION STATION
DECEMBER TICKLE A TEAPOTTER CHALLENGE!

The Destination this week is each other! Once a month, we send our cards to each other! A little payback and reward to the teapotters for always sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station.

It is our goal to surprise each and every Teapotter that is participating in this monthly card swap and send their card to in this monthly Tickle a Teapotter card swap with a handmade card from another Teapotter! You know, give em a little tickle! Ha!

To accomplish that I have started a Tickle a Teapotter ~ Christmas Is Not In Jeopardy! It's Just A Little Leopardy!in the Teapot Tuesday Challenge Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go this thread and follow the instructions.

Important:
If you choose to participate, please mail your card shortly after you have received word from me regarding who you are tickling! Everyone is excited and looking forward to getting their card! If for some reason you cannot get your card off in the mail, please let me or the person to whom you were assigned know.

When you receive your card from a Fellow Teapotter, please send a pm to that person so they know their card has been received!

Last edited by Mothermark; 12-05-2011 at 05:28 PM..
Old 01-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #262
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT179 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT179 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Williamsfield, Illinois. If you would like a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Sonja. Fellow SCSer Sonja (Soni B) was recommended as a destination for our cards this week by fellow teapotter ScrappinCEO (Kelly).

Soni and her daughters are all SCS members. Kelly met Soni over 20 years ago through her oldest daughter, Tammy. Kelly and Soni became co-workers and fast friends. Soni welcomed Kelly and her family into her home, family and circle of friends. When Soni was two years old, she was in a car accident that left her with very little use of her left arm/ hand. But to see the things she does, you'd never know. She's strong. But even the strongest person can be tested.

This destination is all about putting 2011 aside and welcoming in a new and better year for Soni. For Soni, 2011 was not a good year! At the beginning of 2011, Soni's husband (Wally)was diagnosed with a chronic lung disease and passed away in April. In the fall, her father passed away. And in December, her brother Billy, whom she considers her soul mate, was rushed to the hospital with what looked like a stroke. Thankfully after tests it was determined to be problems associated with a severe sinus infection.

Soni had to leave her home when Wally died to find something more affordable and now lives very close to her youngest daughter and three of her five grandchildren who, by the way, are the light of her life and her sanity most days. 2011 has not been a good year but we are here to help Soni welcome in the new year with lots of well wishes, happy thoughts and wonderful cards.

Here is the address:

Sonja Bailey
2244 Knox Hwy 11
Williamsfield IL 61489-9752

Thank you all! Thank you Kelly (ScrappinCEO) for suggesting this destination!

Last edited by Mothermark; 01-09-2012 at 04:34 PM..
Old 01-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #263
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT180 ~ DESTINATION STATION.

MMTPT180 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is West Burlington, Iowa. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Joshua (Not Josh please). Fellow SCSer Mel (MelDeLlanos) brought Joshua to our attention. Joshua is the 5 year old son of a friend of Mel's. Joshua is terminally ill.

Mel would like to flood Joshua's mailbox with Valentine Cards as Joshua is home for the time being and Valentine cards decorating his bedroom right now would give him such pleasure. He is on a very high dosage of pain medicine but is able to interact with his family. The family has decided there will be no more surgeries as the recovery is very hard on him. Joshuah loves Sponge Bob, Legos, and bright happy color!

To read all about little 5 year old Joshua, here is a link to his Caring Bridge Page.

Please do not refer to Joshua as Josh.
Please so not send GET WELL CARDS.

Simply send a little kid a Valentine. I am thinking it would be fun for us all to write in our cards where the Valentine is coming from! For instance:

Happy Valentine's Day Joshua!
From (your name) in (your home town here.)

We are mailing our cards to Joshua in care of Mel. Here is Mel's address:

Joshua Parker
C/O Mel DeLlanos
405 Swan St
West Burlington, IA 52655

Thank you all and thank you from Mel as well.

Last edited by Mothermark; 01-09-2012 at 04:33 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #264
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothermark View Post
MMTPT179 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Williamsfield, Illinois. If you would like a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Sonja. Fellow SCSer Sonja (Soni B) was recommended as a destination for our cards this week by fellow teapotter ScrappinCEO (Kelly).

Soni and her daughters are all SCS members. Kelly met Soni over 20 years ago through her oldest daughter, Tammy. Kelly and Soni became co-workers and fast friends. Soni welcomed Kelly and her family into her home, family and circle of friends. When Soni was two years old, she was in a car accident that left her with very little use of her left arm/ hand. But to see the things she does, you'd never know. She's strong. But even the strongest person can be tested.

This destination is all about putting 2011 aside and welcoming in a new and better year for Soni. For Soni, 2011 was not a good year! At the beginning of 2011, Soni's husband (Wally)was diagnosed with a chronic lung disease and passed away in April. In the fall, her father passed away. And in December, her brother Billy, whom she considers her soul mate, was rushed to the hospital with what looked like a stroke. Thankfully after tests it was determined to be problems associated with a severe sinus infection.

Soni had to leave her home when Wally died to find something more affordable and now lives very close to her youngest daughter and three of her five grandchildren who, by the way, are the light of her life and her sanity most days. 2011 has not been a good year but we are here to help Soni welcome in the new year with lots of well wishes, happy thoughts and wonderful cards.

Here is the address:

Sonja Bailey
2244 Knox Hwy 11
Williamsfield IL 61489-9752

Thank you all! Thank you Kelly (ScrappinCEO) for suggesting this destination!
just another up date as I received more cards today...you ladies do such beautiful things... and your kindness is so plentiful... my heart says thank you ...to each of you

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 01-16-2012, 02:51 AM   #265
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
just another up date as I received more cards today...you ladies do such beautiful things... and your kindness is so plentiful... my heart says thank you ...to each of you
Awww....how nice Sonja! You are most welcome. I am glad the cards are bringing you some joy.......Thanks for coming on board with the cheaters and brining little Joshua some love as well...how nice you are paying it forward!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:56 AM   #266
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT181 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT181 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Levittown, Pennsylvania. If you would like a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Amy. Amy has been brought to our attention by fellow Teapotter (Irishgreensue). Amy is the neice of Diane, a good friend of Sue's. Amy is a young (20ish) college girl that has been hospitalized since December 19th.

Sue's friend Diane, has been through an awful lot in the past few years! Diane's son was killed two years ago in a motorcycle accident at the age of 20, her sister (Ginny) has spent the last year going through chemo for breast cancer, and in December Ginny's daughter (Amy) was diagnosed with leukemia!

Because of a case of meningitis at the college Amy was attending, students were advised to seek medical attention if they were experiencing suspicious symptoms and Amy did have symptoms. Her test results for meningitis were negative, however they discovered during the testing, that she had leukemia. She was airlifted to the University of PA Hospital and was started her on her 1st round of IV Chemo immediately. She was having a buildup of fluids in her lungs and had to have her meds adjusted because of some bad reactions. She also had several small strokes just recently. Thankfully her meds are under control now and she has no residual problems from the strokes. Oxygen is helping with her breathing issues and her blood counts are improving. She is now dealing with the after effects of four IV chemo treatments one day at a time. She is being watched carefully for infection because her immune system has been compromised.

Amy has had about a month of doctors, hospitals and chemo. We aim to change that even if for a short time. We aim to make her giggle, something she dearly loves to do!

Amy's interests are reading, sports (especially the Phillies baseball, Eagles football, and Philadelphia Flyers) all movies but especially Twilight movies, spaghetti and meatballs, and giggling! She wants to be a PE teacher, she loves the beach and Murphy, her black border collie. She is very animated!!

We are mailing our cards to her home just in case she gets moved around. Her parents are commuting back and forth to the hospital in Philly every day and will bring her cards to her as they arrive.

Here is the address:

Amy Huffnagle
90 Hedge Rd.
Levittown, PA 19056

Thank you all! Thank you Sue for suggesting this destination!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #267
Cardstock Collector

Thank all you wonderful people who are making the beautiful cards for Amy Huffnagle! They started arriving this week, and she loves seeing them every day. They definitely bring smiles to her face. It is an incredibly nice thing that you all are doing!! Thank you from Amy Huffnagle!!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #268
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffyg90 View Post
Thank all you wonderful people who are making the beautiful cards for Amy Huffnagle! They started arriving this week, and she loves seeing them every day. They definitely bring smiles to her face. It is an incredibly nice thing that you all are doing!! Thank you from Amy Huffnagle!!
You are most welcome! Thank you for taking the time to post a message here! We are all cheering for Amy through a difficult time in her young life! Please tell Amy to keep giggling! We are all thinking of her!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:43 AM   #269
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT182 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT182 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Case Granda, Arizona. If you would like a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Betty. Betty has been brought to our attention by fellow Teapotter Dorothy (Etsdas). Betty is a very good friend of Dorothy's. Sadly, she has recently been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and has been in the hospital for the past 17 days.

Betty is having trouble with blood clots, liquid on the lungs which causes great pain and has difficulty breathing. After another medical procedure is completed, Betty will be released home shortly. The doctors are giving her about 3 months to live. Betty and her husband are strong believers in prayer and remain upbeat and optimistic.

Betty's nicname is Sunshine! She loves sunshine and she loves flowers! She loves sweet little girl images (Precious Moment's type) and she decorates her home with plaques displaying positive, faith based sentiments. Betty recently organized a group called "A Ray of Sunshine" to visit the hospitalized.

Because Betty's lung cancer is terminal......

Please do not send Get Well Cards
Please do not send Have A Wonderful Day Cards.
Please send uplifting, cheerful cards.
Faith based sentiments would be welcomed!

Here is the address:

Betty Vannatta
872 E. Settlers Trl.,
Casa Grande, AZ. 85122

Thank you all! Thank you Dorothy for suggesting this destination!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #270
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT183 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT183 ~ DESTINATION STATION
JANUARY TICKLE A TEAPOTTER CHALLENGE!

The Destination this week is each other! Once a month, we send our cards to each other! A little payback and reward to the teapotters for always sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station.

To accomplish that I have started this new thread (Tickle a Teapotter ~ Xena’s from Antares She’s marooned, It’s so scary!) in the Teapot Tuesday Challenge Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go to this thread and follow the instructions.

Important:
If you choose to participate, please mail your card shortly after you have received word (a pm) from me regarding who you are tickling! Everyone is excited and looking forward to getting their card! If for some reason you cannot get your card off in the mail or will be really late in sending it, please let me or the person you are tickling know.

When you receive your card from a Fellow Teapotter, please send a pm to that person so they know their card has been received! Just a little Teapot Tuesday Tickle a Teapotter Etiquette!

Last edited by Mothermark; 01-28-2012 at 09:19 AM..
Old 02-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #271
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT184 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT184 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Harrisburg, Illinois. If you would like a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Tig. Tig is the husband of fellow SCSer/Teapotter Shirley (Wannabecrea8tive) aka Shirt! On January 16th Tig had surgery on his sholder, rotater cuff.

Now don't get me wrong, Tig can handle this surgery! But, he's the out-doorsey type, he's been known to fish for a fish or two and the inside the house recovery down time is not gonna be easy! When it comes to fishing he is quite da man! You da man, Tig! He is still in a lot of pain and just recently had his first good night's sleep! By sending our cards to Tig, we can take him to a happy place during his recovery while at the same time, prove that a teapotter can catch a mighty fish or two! That's just a side note! Snort!

Let's bring our prize fish as well as very effective fishing techniques to Tig to make him smile! Actually, let's make him laugh, hey its not like he has broken ribs and laughing makes him hurt or anything!! He can laugh hard with a bum shoulder, don't you think? You da man, Tig!

Here is the address:

Tig Quarry
1221 Borders Lane
Harrisburg, Ill. 62946

Thank you all!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #272
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT185 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT185 DESTINATION STATION:

This week our destination is Burkesville, Kentucky. If you would like a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Katy. Katy is the sister of Samantha, a very dear friend of fellow Teapotter Eva (evasempermom). Katy is having some extreme medical problems with her heart and liver.

Eva and Samantha's friendship runs deep. Samantha married a Marine named Chris and together had two boys. This past year, when Samantha and Chris found out they were having a third boy, they asked Samantha if they could name their third boy after Eva's son, Jeremiah who also was a Marine and was killed in action. They have a deep bond and when Eva found out Samantha's sister had severe medical problems she is keeping Katy in her prayers and is supporting her friend the best way she can.

Katy just graduated in May. After having been to the doctor, she was diagnosed with inflamation around her heart and liver. She is unable to take medication because her liver seems to be shutting down and medication is not good in this case as it can be detrimental to the liver. If she does not improve, she has been told she could have just 6 months to live. Katy loves the military and camouflage. Samantha, her sister, suggested cards in camouflage with hearts! How appropriate on this 14th day of February!

Here is the address:

Katy Savage
P.O. Box 637
Burkesville, Kentucky 42717

Thank you from me and thank you from Eva!

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-13-2012 at 03:04 AM..
Old 02-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #273
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT186 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT186 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Schenectady, New York. If you would like a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Chris. Chris is the 9 years old son of Fellow SCSer Sue, (coffeestamper). Just prior to Christmas Chris had surgery to remove a brain tumor. It was such an intense, fearful, and difficult time for the family! Chris is so young! He came through with flying colors, is home now and doing well.

This Destination Station has a little twist! You might find yourself wondering why we are sending bithday cards to Chris. This is the reason why.......

Chris was treated at Albany Medical Center and Sue and her family are so very appreciative of the staff at the Medical Center. The would love to show their appreciation to the staff for the wonderful care Chris recieved during this difficult time.

The nurses and staff made them feel comfort while going through Chris' surgery. They would love to give back to that staff and they asked what could they do for them. Sue informed them that she makes hand made cards and they said it would be great if she would donate birthday cards to the pediatric unit because there are alot of times when kids are being treated when their birthday comes around. A handmade card would cheer them up on a birthday away from home. The pediatric unit treats infants all the way up to 18 year olds.

Chris has to return to the center for follow up MRI's to make sure his tumor doesn't grow back and he would love to show up there with a stash of birthday cards for the children being treated now and in the future. So, in honor of Chris and the wonderful treatment he received, we are sending cards that can be used in the medical center, in honor of Chris who by the way is just tickled to be getting cards he can hand deliver!

Please include an envelope your card for purposes of convenience. Since these cards will be given to children, infants to 18 year old, they should be blank inside.

MAILING ADDRESS:

Chris Titolo
5108 Madison Street
Schenectady, New York 12306

Thank you from me, thank you from Sue, thank you from Chris!

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-27-2012 at 03:05 AM..
Old 02-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #274
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT187 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT187 ~ DESTINATION STATION

CHALLENGE DESTINATION:
As many of you know, the last Tuesday of the month is usually Tickle a Teapotter week, where we send our cards to each other after a tickle drawing to determine who our cards go to. This week is just a little different in that we are all tickling the same teapotter. A teapotter that needs some love at a difficult time.

This week our destination is Beaufort, South Carolina. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending them to a fellow teapotter, Robin. (RJP111) Some of you may have noticed Robin's absense from the teaparties lately. On January 16th, Robin's husband, Ron, was killed in a freak accident. While mixing chemicals for model rockets, something exploded and after going into a deep shock, he lost his life. Fortunately, he did not suffer too bad.

Robin has been at many a teaparty, always sending her cards off to those in need of some uplifting and cheering up! Now it's our turn to support our fellow teapotter and bring her to a happy place, somewhere soothing, away from a difficult time in her life!

Robin's "happy place" is a warm beach. The sound of the breakers has always been soothing to her. She says that one day, she WILL live in a condo along the beach just so she can hear the breakers pounding the shore at all times. Robin's favorite flower is a yellow rose and she loves her yellow mustang car! She has had it for years and years and has made many good memories with it. Her favorite color is not yellow, but blue and green, perfect for our gallery of sea inspired cards! Let's tickle a teapotter in pure teapotter fashion on this last Tuesday of February. Let's bring Robin to her happy place as she deals with her life so tragically changed after Ron's passing.....

In honor of Ron, here is Robin's address:

Robin Perry
2201 Mossy Oaks Rd #E10
Beaufort, SC 29902

Thank you for all!

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-28-2012 at 02:00 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #275
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT188 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT188 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Austin, Texas. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending them to the mother of fellow teapotter/SCSer, Lydia (Understandblue). I am sure you all know who Lydia is, she is the one that is running around the world of SCS day in and day out, all day long, answering this and answering that, welcoming here and welcoming there, fixing this and fixing that! She's the Website Manager, big job!

Lydia's mother, Virgina, recently broke her femur just underneath the hip joint, thank goodness it was not her hip! She had pretty debilitating arthritis prior to that and hadn't really been mobile prior to the injury, so recovery has been brutal. They are trying to get her to stand/walk etc. and she just wasn't even doing that before the injury! So, she has a very long road ahead. She's got a rod down inside the femur and a bunch of screws and plates! So much for getting through security checks at the airport!

Virginia is a big history buff and has read every book ever written on Queen Elizabeth! She is a huge, ginormous fan! She also just loves cats but doesn't have one because her husband is allergic! Her favorite colors are burgundy and dark blue. She loves tea and coffee. She sews and knits for a hobby, but her very favorite hobby is reading, books, books, books! She has 42 gazillion books on her kindle.

Lets bring her some cat, book and royalty happiness! Some cards fit for a Queen, Queen Elizabeth to be exact! Lydia says her mom will be tickled pink!

I love a destination where we can bring happiness to two! To Virginia, a person struggling with an injury, but also to Lydia, a little thank you for all she does for us at SCS, a little pay it forward with cards to her mom!! This week is a 2fer! 2fer the price of one! A double whammy! Make two happy with one challenge!

Here is the address to ship those cats and books to:

Virginia Blakley
9301 Slate Creek Trail
Austin, TX 78717

Thank you from Lydia and thank you from me!!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 AM   #276
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT189 ~ DESTINATION STATION

DESTINATION STATION:

This week our destination is Rudolph, Wisconsin. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending them to Rita (scootsv), a fellow SCSer. Most times the recipients of our cards have health issues, are going through personal struggles and our mission is to lift their spirits. This week, its a little different. Instead, its all about appreciation, thanks, and payback for being a kind and generous person with a mission/personal goal to contibute to communities through the giving of hand made cards. That is what Rita is all about.

Some of you may know that I also host another challenge on a monthly basis called Cards for a Cause. Month after month after month, Rita participates in that challenge. When a person sends one or two or three cards to the organization featured in any given month it is so appreciated! We accomplish alot as a group! Rita always takes it to the next level and sends 30, 40, 50 cards! She goes over and above the call of duty!

Rita and her husband are retired, they have children in Oregon, Arizona, and Illinois. They have two grandkids and they live on on acre with lots of flower gardens surrounding them. Rita exercises one hour every day (you go girl!) and she plays bridge once a week with 7 friends. They go out to lunch first and then play 4 hours of bridge every week!

But her true love of life the past 7 years has been making and sending cards! She sends 30 cards a month to the elderly and sick in her community. She sends cards twice a year to the 110 residents of the nursing home where her mom was for 8 years. She is constantly searching to find charities that she can make and donate cards to. She found Cards for a Cause and participates every month sending multiple cards each and every month. She has recently added sending cards to the military in Afghanistan to her plate, and she makes 25 cards every month to her daughter's rehab unit. She makes wonderful, simple cards with no extra embellishments because everything she does MUST go in the mail and extra postage is not an option. She stamps two hours a day to keep up with her goal of doing all she can to support others with card donations!

This Teapot Tuesday, Rita will be on the receiving end of the happy mail that she is so commited to sending. Thank you all for thanking Rita for all she does!

Here is the address:

Rita Janz
1490-2nd Street South
P. O. Box 216
Rudolph, WI 54475-0216

Thank you from me!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #277
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Tons of Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothermark View Post
DESTINATION STATION:

This week our destination is Rudolph, Wisconsin. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending them to Rita (scootsv), a fellow SCSer. Most times the recipients of our cards have health issues, are going through personal struggles and our mission is to lift their spirits. This week, its a little different. Instead, its all about appreciation, thanks, and payback for being a kind and generous person with a mission/personal goal to contibute to communities through the giving of hand made cards. That is what Rita is all about.

Some of you may know that I also host another challenge on a monthly basis called Cards for a Cause. Month after month after month, Rita participates in that challenge. When a person sends one or two or three cards to the organization featured in any given month it is so appreciated! We accomplish alot as a group! Rita always takes it to the next level and sends 30, 40, 50 cards! She goes over and above the call of duty!

Rita and her husband are retired, they have children in Oregon, Arizona, and Illinois. They have two grandkids and they live on on acre with lots of flower gardens surrounding them. Rita exercises one hour every day (you go girl!) and she plays bridge once a week with 7 friends. They go out to lunch first and then play 4 hours of bridge every week!

But her true love of life the past 7 years has been making and sending cards! She sends 30 cards a month to the elderly and sick in her community. She sends cards twice a year to the 110 residents of the nursing home where her mom was for 8 years. She is constantly searching to find charities that she can make and donate cards to. She found Cards for a Cause and participates every month sending multiple cards each and every month. She has recently added sending cards to the military in Afghanistan to her plate, and she makes 25 cards every month to her daughter's rehab unit. She makes wonderful, simple cards with no extra embellishments because everything she does MUST go in the mail and extra postage is not an option. She stamps two hours a day to keep up with her goal of doing all she can to support others with card donations!

This Teapot Tuesday, Rita will be on the receiving end of the happy mail that she is so commited to sending. Thank you all for thanking Rita for all she does!

Here is the address:

Rita Janz
1490-2nd Street South
P. O. Box 216
Rudolph, WI 54475-0216

Thank you from me!
Oh my! What a surprise! Cindy is such a sweetheart with a personality that just makes one want to love her! She always has the nicest comments when people post cards and when we post to her forum for Cards for a Cause! Finding SCS has been the best thing for me since I started to make cards. I have learned so much from looking at others cards and the tutorials that members so lovingly make for people like me that need to see to accomplish!

I tried the Teapot Challenge years ago, but I do not spend enough time on the forums - I love making the cards more. Now I will have to make sure I repay the kindness to the rest of you when I can.

I thank any of you that show me any kindness, because of this and I assure you that any cards received will go to one of the places that I distribute cards. If they are acceptable for the military, I will send them to my son-in-law in Afghanistan, as my first choice. He puts them in the USO for others to use and they are so happy.

Cindy, thank you so much for thinking of me! All the others, you are all amazing in your own little way! God bless and thanks, Rita (scootsv)

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause, Fan Club Member

Rita/scootsv
Old 03-14-2012, 04:05 AM   #278
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Aww...Rita, what a nice message! Thank you so much for the kind words......Now here is the deal, don't feel like you need to do any repaying here...the teapotters just want to show you some appreciation for all you do.....paying it forward is what its all about and we all know you do plenty of that!

We would love to see you at a Teaparty from time to time but only if it fits into your schedule and time frame....you do so much already!

I hope that you will be able to forward some of the cards on to your causes! At any rate, I think the girls you play bridge would love to see them! Giggle! Many of them are fully embellished with playing cards and the like! Not to mention personalized just for you! We know you will enjoy your happy mail while it lasts and it's a pleasure to pay it forward to you as a thank you for all you do for others! Enjoy!! Giggle!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #279
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT190 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT190 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Richmond, Virgina. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending them to Joan, the mother of Emily, fellow SCSer/Teapotter (scrappinmama72inpa).

This week its all about warm fuzzies for a mother and a daughter. Quite often, when growing up, our relationship with our parents is strained! But thankfully, as we get older, have children of our own, all of the sudden it all falls into place and our relationships are mended and a closeness with our parents begins. That is what happened with Emily and her mom. Warm Fuzzies!!

Emily's mom is a wonderful woman who has had a hard life! Most recently she is struggling with some medical issues. Three years ago she fell and broke her left hip, had surgery and two screws implanted. Six months later, she fell again and broke the right hip, more surgery, more screws. She lives alone in Richmond and uses a cane or walker to get around. She recently had to retire from her job of 27 years due to her injuries. She doesn't have many close friends and doesn't leave the house much. Emily would love to see her mom move to the town she lives in. She's working on that! Maybe someday! More Warm Fuzzies!

Guess what? Joan's birthday is March 22nd! She will be 67! We have the opportunity to bring a birthday party to her in her own home! She doesn't even have to leave the house to celebrate! She loves butterflies! Butterflies are the icon for the LUPAS Foundation and her mother, brother and 2 aunts all have had or have LUPAS. Butterflies are near and dear to her heart! More Warm Fuzzies!

Happy Birthday Joan! Here is the address:

Joan Yarbrough
5208 Sheridan Lane
Richmond, VA 23225

Thank you all so much! In Emily's own words:

Boy, is mom gonna be surprised!!! More Warm Fuzzies!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:45 AM   #280
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT191 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT191 ~ DESTINATION STATION
MARCH TICKLE A TEAPOTTER CHALLENGE!

To accomplish that I have started this new thread (Tickle a Teapotter ~ Forget April in Paris it’s too rainy! Let’s go in March and get real zany!) in the Teapot Tuesday Challenge Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go to this thread and follow the instructions.

Important:
If you choose to participate, please mail your card shortly after you have received word (a pm) from me regarding who you are tickling! Everyone is excited and looking forward to getting their card! If for some reason you cannot get your card off in the mail or will be really late in sending it, please let me or the person you are tickling know.

When you receive your card from a Fellow Teapotter, please send a pm to that person so they know their card has been received! Just a little Teapot Tuesday Tickle a Teapotter Etiquette!

Last edited by Mothermark; 03-23-2012 at 03:56 AM..