Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #201
Mad Swapper

Hi everyone:

Not sure if this is the best place to post but thought I'd try here. I found the post for Abby (MMTPT124 I think) but I have also seen references to CFABBYMAR and CFABBYAPR. Is there a post or thread for these? I'm piecing together some info but am not clear. I want to make a b-day card for her but am assuming there must be an original post or something??? Have found the galleries but no post. Can anyone help?

2012/2013 Squigglefly DT
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #202
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Charlene...Cindy had started this for a girl by the name of Abby, she has cancer...Some ladies are sending her a card every month...In the key word you put CFABBYAPR...It stands for cards for Abby, and then the month...but I think the month is abreviated. I hope this helps:
Shamrock Puppy Feet! by Mothermark - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and this is the one for April:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=80269

Last edited by foxy67; 03-30-2011 at 08:35 PM..
Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #203
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy67 View Post
Hi Charlene...Cindy had started this for a girl by the name of Abby, she has cancer...Some ladies are sending her a card every month...In the key word you put CFABBYAPR...It stands for cards for Abby, and then the month...but I think the month is abreviated. I hope this helps:
Shamrock Puppy Feet! by Mothermark - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and this is the one for April:
Peach will be there! by Mothermark - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Thank you so much! This was the reference I was looking for - just to see where the 'story' was. I appreciate your help. I did upload my card to the April gallery here

2012/2013 Squigglefly DT
Old 04-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #204
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT140 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT140 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Emmet, Idaho. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Linda, a long time friend of fellow SCSer/Teapotter Leigh Grady.

Linda fell down the stairs a couple of years ago and twisted her spine so badly that she has had to have almost every vertebrae fused. She's had spinal surgery after spinal surgery, her most recent was just last month when she had yet another vertebrae fused in her neck. Due to the fall, she also needs a knee replacement but since its not covered by the insurance, she has to wait for that. Linda's husband is in the middle stages of Parkinsons and Alzheimers, believe it or not, he has both. It seems like so much to deal with but she's got a good attitude and deals with it the best she can. She recently teased her kids that when she dies, they need to make sure they remove all the metal from her body before they bury her, as its worth alot of money! Yikes!

Now, here is the type of person she is! In her younger adult years she raised 22 kids, 2 of which were her own and the rest were foster kids. The majority of them come to visit her to this day and still call her Mom! Despite being raised herself by a stepfather and mother whom were not the loving kind, she came through with a big loving heart wanting to help kids have a better childhood and up-bringing than she did. She's been a little down lately due to all of her medical problems as a result of the fall and Leigh thought she would be a great person to receive our cards to remind her that she is appreciated and loved. A bright spot in her life would do her a world of good. She loves hand made cards and keeps them out as art work instead of stashing them away. She is the one that introduced Leigh to stamping.

And......guess what? Linda loves cats!

Here is Linda's address:

Linda Lambert
602 Hillview Rd.
Emmet, Idaho 83617

Thank you from me and thank you from Leigh!

Last edited by Mothermark; 04-05-2011 at 06:55 PM..
Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #205
PTL
Kookie Creator

Default Kitty

Hi Girls! I made it today! I don't think I even have to come in the backdoor or anything . Here is my card and it's on it's way. Thanks for having me.

MMTPT 138 by PTL - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

"Pleasant words are as honeycomb, sweet to the soul." Proverbs 16:24
Old 04-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #206
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT141 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT141 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Greeley, Colorado. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Tom. Tom's story comes to us by way of fellow Teapotter Marilynn (APandi). And here is Tom's story......

Marilyn's daughter (Andrea) and her hubby (Erik) have been caring for two mentally disability individuals for 11 years which is a 24/7 job. One of them (Tom) has down's syndrome and is quite old for that disability at the age of 62. Tom just absolutely LOVES getting mail!! Getting a piece of mail just MAKES his day! Tom's birthday is October 19th (same as mine, whoot!) but why make Tom wait all the way to October? No way, Jose!

Lets get some happy mail going Tom's way. Tom is going to be so excited! He loves guitars, trucks and cars, and cats! To be quite honest, he likes ANYTHING especially MAIL! Snort! He is quite the sweetie, in Marilyn's own words.

Oh and by the way, Andrea and Erik are SO excited! They can't wait to see Tom get all of our happy mail! They are excited to see him excited! Marilynn is excited to see Andrea and Erik excited to see Tom excited! I am excited to see Marilyn excited to see Andrea and Erik excited to see Tom excited! Everybody's Excited! Bet you Teapotters are too! Snort!

Here is Tom's address:

Tom Springer
1804 15th Avenue
Greeley Colorado 80631

Thank you from me and thank you from Marilyn, Andrea and Erik!

EXTRA INFORMATION:

Now I know the kinda people SCSer's are! Many of you are going to be worried abou the other person that Marilynn's daugher and son in law take care of....whether or not Tom getting cards might hurt the other one's feelings so I asked Marilynn about that and here is her answer.......

Andrea and I had discussed this very thing. Dave isn't very interested in what goes on around him. He does take long naps and Andrea said if the cards for Tom seem to be a problem she will just have Tom open the envelopes when Dave is sleeping.

If any of the stampers want to send Dave a card though that would be a very nice gesture. His name is David Haffelfinger at the same address as Tom. Dave is in his sixties also. The only interest I have ever heard Dave express is in lighthouses and boats. Rather interesting as he grew up on a farm in Weld County with a very large number of siblings.

Thank you Marilynn.....for helping us out with this!

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-14-2012 at 05:27 AM..
Old 04-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #207
Stazon Splitcoast

Cindy, what is the zip code? I had no luck finding it using the USPS website.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #208
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbydujour View Post
Cindy, what is the zip code? I had no luck finding it using the USPS website.
So sorry, will edit! 80631
Old 04-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #209
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Dont mail your cards! I have to confirm the address!!!

I am so sorry! I had the wrong address listed! I must have not changed the street address when I cut and pasted Tom's address over Linda's! The correct address is 1804 15th Ave. not Hillview Road which was Linda's! I am so sorry people! I hope I can save the cards from going back to you! Postage is so expensive as it is!!!
Tommorrow when the post office opens up I am going to try to call them and see if I can have the mail diverted to the right address!

OMG! I can't believe I did something so stupid!!! Lesson learned! At you all's expense!!! Darn it!

Last edited by Mothermark; 04-13-2011 at 03:38 PM..
Old 04-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #210
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Yahoo to lonleymomma

I know this is not the right place to post this, does any one have and magnolia stamps, they would be able to stamp me....or elizabeth bell stamps?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #211
Insane Embellisher

Clipart Of - Royalty Free Illustrations, Vector Graphics, 3d Clip Art

new clip art page
Old 04-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #212
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothermark View Post
Dont mail your cards! I have to confirm the address!!!

I am so sorry! I had the wrong address listed! I must have not changed the street address when I cut and pasted Tom's address over Linda's! The correct address is 1804 15th Ave. not Hillview Road which was Linda's! I am so sorry people! I hope I can save the cards from going back to you! Postage is so expensive as it is!!!
Tommorrow when the post office opens up I am going to try to call them and see if I can have the mail diverted to the right address!

OMG! I can't believe I did something so stupid!!! Lesson learned! At you all's expense!!! Darn it!
Well, I checked with the post office. Nothing they can do so the cards will go back to you! I am so sorry everyone! The correct address is posted in Tom's destination post...it is correct now! So sorry....

I promise this won't happen again! Bah!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #213
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleymomma View Post
I know this is not the right place to post this, does any one have and magnolia stamps, they would be able to stamp me....or elizabeth bell stamps?
Hi Ashley,

You would probably get more people to view this if you posted it in the important teapotter thread or even the show and tell thread. I don't think people come much to this thread other than to get the addresses each week. Try a post there. I wish I chould help you, I don't have those.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #214
Insane Embellisher

thank you
Old 04-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #215
Stazon Splitcoast

Cindy...I know you feel bad about the mistake, but don't go beating your self up about it...hey! your a busy lady and I know everyone understands.
Hey!! want me to send you a card with this *pickled lady who lost it* hehehe (feel better)
Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #216
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleymomma View Post
Thanks for this... I'll check it out...
Old 04-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #217
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT142 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT142 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Winnepeg, Canada. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Kay. Kay is the soon to be 91 (on June 5th) year old grandmother of fellow Teapotter/SCSer Charlene (crystaldolphins). Charlene's grandmother has sure had a rough time with her health when she broke her elbow falling on some ice on February 18th. Due to her age the decision was made not to operate, she was put in a partial cast and admitted to the hospital! She is still in the hospital to this day due to some other health issues! By April 1st, surgery just had to be done! The surgery went well but her other health issues are keeping her hospitalized and she is sad and discouraged. She just wants to get back home!

MORE INFORMATION IS BELOW IN CHARLENE'S OWN WORDS:
My 90-yr old grandmother is still in the hospital due to vertigo (that she has had for awhile, but now can't take care of herself due to the broken elbow because she can't use walker, or walls for stability with one arm) The accident has prompted the family to investigate an assisted-living apartment for her and she will gets possession shortly. She has to be out of the current apartment at the end of May. This is causing her much stress although she realizes its a good idea. Added to that, the cast came off and surgery was done. This means her break has to start from zero for recovery! My grandmother is a teriffic lady! Family is very important to her (most of the relatives live in Wpg.) although I am far away (26-hr car ride!) Since I'm so far away, this is my way of supporting her! She would love cards with flowers or scripture verses and she always loves the email forwards with cute animals. She loves visiting with friends and family, loves to read and is really missing her computer. She started emailing approximately 2 yrs ago and she also loves to play computer games! It would be wonderful if the Teapotters would put a return address label on the back of their cards so that she would have a record of where the card was mailed from!

UPDATE AS OF 4-15-11 Once again, the cast is off and 24 staples were removed. She will still be in a sling for awhile but it appears they are talking to her about going home very soon with home care assistance from staff and Charlene's mother's assistance. The upcoming week or so will be scary and exciting and everything in between for her. Things are looking up now and this long hospital stay just might be coming to an end! Our timing is perfect!

Here is the address of Charlene's Aunt who will get the cards deliered to Kay!

Kay
c/o Benita Rettaler
14 Euston St.
Winnipeg, MB
R2G 1R6
Canada

Thank you from Charlene and from me!

Last edited by Mothermark; 04-18-2011 at 05:40 PM..
Old 04-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #218
Stazon Splitcoast

Finally finding my way to TT.

I'm going to back track and do a card for Tom. Rural Weld County is my old home. I have fond memories of there so Tom gets a card. I have a river boat stamp he'll love!

And flowers for Kay just won't do. For 91 I need to take her for a walk through my garden.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #219
Mad Swapper

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I have another update for my grandmother! First, thank you ALL so very much for the cards you have sent (or are sending)! I have had such fun going through the gallery! I hopefully have commented on all posts but if I missed anything, I'll definitely be checking back.

My grandmother got home a couple of hours ago! I talked to her for a bit and she sounded stressed! Her arm is in a sling and she's getting pretty frustrated with it. She wants to go back to being her independant self! I can't tell you how hard it was to keep this secret about the cards!!! They will truly arrive at the perfect time! I suggested to my aunt that she spread them out when bringing them to her as I truly think she will be overwhelmed by everyone's creativity and generosity (I sure was as I was going through the gallery!) Thank you all again! Big hugs . . .

2012/2013 Squigglefly DT
Old 04-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #220
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Finally finding my way to TT.

I'm going to back track and do a card for Tom. Rural Weld County is my old home. I have fond memories of there so Tom gets a card. I have a river boat stamp he'll love!

And flowers for Kay just won't do. For 91 I need to take her for a walk through my garden.
Hi Kelly! Welcome! Ooh...I hope you are able to join us at the teaparties! If you upload your cards please be sure to use the keywords so we can see your cards! I am tickled you found us! Tom and Kay will love to get a card from you! Welcome girlfriend!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #221
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldolphins View Post
Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I have another update for my grandmother! First, thank you ALL so very much for the cards you have sent (or are sending)! I have had such fun going through the gallery! I hopefully have commented on all posts but if I missed anything, I'll definitely be checking back.

My grandmother got home a couple of hours ago! I talked to her for a bit and she sounded stressed! Her arm is in a sling and she's getting pretty frustrated with it. She wants to go back to being her independant self! I can't tell you how hard it was to keep this secret about the cards!!! They will truly arrive at the perfect time! I suggested to my aunt that she spread them out when bringing them to her as I truly think she will be overwhelmed by everyone's creativity and generosity (I sure was as I was going through the gallery!) Thank you all again! Big hugs . . .
OMG! Life is looking up Charlene! What wonderful news! I am so tickled to have her start getting her cards! Tee hee! I love that you are going to be spreading them out.....makes for longer fun! Tee hee!

Thank YOU for giving us this opportunity!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #222
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default DESTINATION STATION #MMTPT142

DESTINATION STATION ~ MMTPT142

This week's destination is just flat all over the place! If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to a fellow teapotter? It's high time you all were rewarded for the smiles and happiness you have brought to others! So, this time we are showing our appreciation to each other! But we want everyone who participates to get a card so we have to follow a wee little rule.....oops, I set a rule! Yikes!

Everyone works hard on their cards, everyone deserves to get a card. In order to make that happen, Here's the Plan, Stan. Stan is the guy who figured this deal out and assures me it will work. If it doesn't, he gets fired, Trump style!

The Plan

1. When you upload you challenge card, please mention in the description/commentary section whether or not you are participating by sending your card to a fellow teapotter. If you are not and your card is being sent to someone else, please let us know.

2. Here is a link to the MMTPT143 Challenge Gallery! Find your card in this gallery and identify the card that was uploaded right after yours which will be to the left of yours as you look at your computer screen. If you can't figure out which is your left or right, ask your husband, usually they are pretty good about stuff like that! Ha!

3. Send a pm to the person who's card it is to make sure they are participating in the Teapot Tuesday Card Exchange this week. You can cut and paste the following into your pm:

Hello Fellow Teapotter!

If you are participating in this week's destination station, I would like to have your address so that I can mail my challenge card to you. If you made your card inspired by this Teapot Tuesday Challenge but made it specially for someone specific to you and are not participating in this week's destination station, I respect that and will contact and mail my card to the next person in line!

Please let me know if you are participating as soon as possible!
Thank You!

4. Once you hear back, you can put your card in the mail to your fellow teapotter! If the person to your left if not participating, then move to the next card on your left and do the same thing. Once all the cards have been uploaded (we should give it some time, maybe 2weeks or so) if you find that you are the very last one to upload, you will contact the person to your left which will be the very first one to upload to the Challenge Gallery! Nanner, Nanner, that could end up being me! Yay! I getta card! Snort! I hope this works! If it doesn't, That's A Plan Stan is gonna get canned!

If you have any questions or concerns please post them here and I will keep an eye out!

Thanks everyone! Have fun! If you run into a jam and need an address I can help you get it......if I don't have it on file!

Edit!

So sorry guys! I have caused some confusion because I had an error in the link. To confirm...to find out who you send your card to, you can use the link above which will get you into THIS WEEK'S TEAPOT TUESDAY CHALLENGE GALLERY. That is the gallery that you will use to determine who to mail your card to. NOT last week's gallery. That gallery had its own destination identified. I am so sorry for the confusion! I really must spend more time proofreading my posts! Yikes!

Last edited by Mothermark; 04-27-2011 at 09:45 AM..
Old 05-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #223
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT144 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT144 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Everett, Washington. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Charlotte, a very good friend of Judy (JayDeKay), a fellow teapotter! Charlotte is in her final stages of cancer. Her treatments have been stopped and she is in a Rehab Facility. Let's be a bright spot in her day!

Charlotte LOVES hand made cards and has been buying Judy's for many years to send to people who don't get much communication with others or just to say hi. Charlotte was a Realtor for many years and sold Judy their first house. Everytime she sold a house she sent the buyers a hand made card! She loves hand made cards! Throughout the years, she always told Judy how much it meant to her to get a *Judy* card.

She loves flowers, all kinds of animals, little girls.. Really, just about any kind of card would please her. Even cards with houses on them would be so fun for Charlotte! They should be uplifting, fun and even comical. Her daughter Laura started crying when Judy told her we were sending our cards her way. She said that her mom will be so surprised and happy and she thanked Judy for thinking of her mom at such a difficult time.

Here is the Charlotte's address:

Charlotte Kellogg
c/o Everett Rehabilitation & Care Center
1919 112th St SW
Everett, WA 98204

Thank you from Judy and from me!

UPDATE: Sadly, Charlotte has passed away. Please do no send any more cards to her address. Thank you.

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-16-2011 at 02:22 PM..
Old 05-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #224
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT145 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT145 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destinattion is Oviedo, Florida. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Debbie, a very good friend of Lois (Clownmom), a fellow SCSer! Debbie most recently had a hysterectomy and is not doing so well with the rehab and is a little down! She's needs some cheering up!

Debbie's been having problems for a while and her GYN finally scheduled her hysterectomy which was done two weeks ago. Because she was so weak after the surgery, her GYN wanted her to have a blood transfusion, but her primary-care physician recommended against. So far, that has not happened. She continues to be in quite a bit of pain and is just a little discouraged! Her husband, who works for the City of Oviedo, has glaucoma and is blind in one eye which was the result of surgery done to try to alleviate the glaucoma. He's been told he will be totally blind in a few years.

Debbie and her hubby live in a rural area in a log house and she grows a vegetable garden and loves flowers! This time of year is time for planting, not having surgery!!

Here is the Debbie's Address:

Debbie Batchelor
2373 Florida Avenue
Oviedo, FL 32765

Thank you from Lois and me!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #225
Stazon Splitcoast

Cindy this is just an awesome way to use our cards for good. I have missed sending cards and was so happy to be able to send my last week's card out to the destination. I want to again thank EVERYONE who sent cards to our Abby. I realized from the intensity of the hug from her parents for all of YOU that sent cards just how much they are appreciated. I just sent my good bye card to Greg and Sharon and you can find it here . I posted the link to the farewell from Abby's dad on my card. He sounds like he is ok in the message, but I know they are missing their little girl.

Thank you again for all you did. I hope to never miss another destination challenge after witnessing how much our cards are appreciated.

hugs,

Proud Fan Club Member
Proud Member of Schirmcat's Naughty List
Member of Send Love Today

Last edited by Connie Jo9; 05-15-2011 at 11:04 AM..
Old 05-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #226
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT146 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT146 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destinattion is Levvitown, PA. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Anthony. Anthony is the son of Joann, a friend of fellow teapotter, Sue (irishgreensue) Anthony is recovering from a most serious accident. He was stuck by a truck one night while walking outside the mall with his friends upon leaving a music store. His injuries were severe and extensive after having been thrown 56 feet. He has a very, very long road of recovery in front of him. Anthony is very very fortunate to be alive!

By sending our cards to Anthony this week, we can take him to a happy place while he recovers. Somewhere he can lounge around, feel the soft breezes, see the beautiful scenery, and hear the sounds of the ocean! Somewhere he can just get better and put this tragic accident behind him. We are grateful he is alive!

In Joann's own words, here is what Anthony enjoys:

Anthony is 17 yrs old and he loves music. Music is his world... He plays the guitar and he loves to sing. He also draws very well and loves animation. Thank you for keeping my son in your prayers. It is much appreciated. His full name and address are below and you do have my permission to share the address to those that need it. Thank you!

Here is Anthony's Address:

Anthony J. Slack
40 Balsam Road
Levittown, PA. 19057

Thank you from Sue and from me!

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-20-2011 at 06:52 AM..
Old 05-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #227
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie Jo9 View Post
Cindy this is just an awesome way to use our cards for good. I have missed sending cards and was so happy to be able to send my last week's card out to the destination. I want to again thank EVERYONE who sent cards to our Abby. I realized from the intensity of the hug from her parents for all of YOU that sent cards just how much they are appreciated. I just sent my good bye card to Greg and Sharon and you can find it here . I posted the link to the farewell from Abby's dad on my card. He sounds like he is ok in the message, but I know they are missing their little girl.

Thank you again for all you did. I hope to never miss another destination challenge after witnessing how much our cards are appreciated.

hugs,
Awww...Connie! What a wonderful card you made! And what touching words Mr. Fast posted on Abby's Caring Bridge site! Thank you so much for sharing the link with us.....and thank you for brining Abby to our attention.....I feel happy that we were able to bring a smile to Abby with our cards at the end of her short life! It breaks my heart that she is gone!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #228
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT147 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT147 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Buckhannon, West Virginia. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Colton. Colton Dean is a 10 year old boy who has been diagnosed with Osteosarcoma, which is a form of bone cancer. He is a 5th grader at Union Elementary School. Colton's teachers and fellow classmates have made it their mission to get lots of cards mailed to Colton at the school to support him and brighten his days.

Colton was brought to my attention by Pat Smethers who noticed a request for cards posted by Loribelle in the Need a Lift Forum. For more information on Colton, here is a link to the original post by Lori.

Here are the things that Colton loves:

He loves fishing, four-wheelers, nerf guns, The Steelers, WVU (West Virginia University), video games, cashews, sunflower seeds and pineapple juice!

Here is another fun tidbit ~ Colton was recently asked to be the Grand Parade Marshall for the Strawberry Festival parade in his home town which will be held shortly! A great honor!! So, feel free to put a strawberry on your card ~ Colton will know what that is all about! Ha!

Here is Colton's Address:

Colton Dean
c/o Union Elementary School
20 Heavner Grove Road
Buckhannon, WV 26201

Thank you from Lori, Pat and from me!

UPDATE: Sadly, Sweet Colton has passed away. Please do no send any more cards to this address. Thank you.

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-20-2011 at 04:44 AM..
Old 05-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #229
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT148 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT148 TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION

The Destination this week is each other! Every last Tuesday of each month, we will be sending our cards to each other! A little payback and reward to the teapotters for always sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station.

Fellow teapotter Philsmom (Fran) came up with a fun idear! She thought it would be fun to not know who each teapotter would be receiving their card from! To have a total surprise at the mailbox! Whoot!

So, to accomplish that I have started a Tickle a Teapotter Thread in the Teapot Tuesday Challenge Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go this thread and simply post a comment listing your name and the number (in sequence) that you happened to the thread. For instance I will post the first comment that to say:

Mothermark #1
Then the next person comes in and posts::
Whatsherdoodle #2

and so on and so on.....

Then, I will randomly pick your number and match it to a card made by another participating teapotter and I will pm each of you with your assigned destinations! This won't happen until all cards have been uploaded. I am thinking at least a week so we don't leave anyone out!

You get extra cookies if you throw in a couple of fun images with your card. Another fun idea suggested by fellow teapotter, I Love Rubber (Elizabeth). I double dawg dare ya to send goofy ones! Snort!

Hope you all have fun with this destination this week!

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-30-2011 at 01:45 PM..
Old 06-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #230
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT149 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT149 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Fort Collins, Colorado. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Lindsay. Here is some information about Lindsay.

In March of 2010, MMTPT84 was sort of one of the first challenges that resulted in the Destination Station idea coming about. At that time I was calling it the Softer Side of Teapot Tuesday......as I asked the cards to be send to a co-worker's young daughter, Lindsay........I had started a thread in the Need a Lift Forum asking for cards to be sent. Here is that original thread that tells the story of Lindsay...... Basically, Lindsay was 22 years old at the time, 4 months pregnant and diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. During her whole pregnancy, she was going through Chemo...a very scary thing by itself but put a baby in the picture and well....you can imagine! The good news is that little Nevaeh (Heaven spelled backwards) was born, a healthy little girl.....Lindsay finished up her treatments, Nevaeh is now a year old and all was well, for awhile! She can't seem to kick the cancer. They found another mass deep in Lindsay's mid section which was removed but next week she is having bone marrow harvested for her bone marrow transplant. She has to be in a hospital in Denver under going what Carla (her mother/my co-worker) refers to as Killer Chemo.

Well, the twist to this Destination Station is that Lindsay loves cards, she doesn't make them, but has always bought cards for all her family, friends and people in her life for any occasion. She is a *card* person. The nurses have advised Lindsay that she will have ALOT of free time on her hands over the next month......she will be bored.....she can't leave the premises! They said you need to bring some sort of crafty project with you to pass the time. She will have access to art supplies at the hospital. So, what better time for Lindsay to learn how to make cards? This is my thought......

When you make your CAS card, make another as a card kit! One that Lindsay can put together using your card to her as an example and the supplies (card kit) you send her along with her card. Lindsay will pretty much just have to put color to the image and glue it together. By making these cards she will have them to send as a thank you, blank note, birthday to someone she knows.....you get the picture.

Let's wish Lindsay well and give her something to keep her busy during her long stay.

Here is the address:

Lindsay Bryant
2901 Doubletree Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80521

Thanks for all you do!

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-07-2011 at 02:25 PM..
Old 06-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #231
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT150 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #MMTPT150:

This week's destination is Orangeville, California. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Jessica, the daughter of fellow teapotter Cathy (Mutnik) who was seriously injured in a fall while riding her horse this week. Cathy (Mutnik) is the sister of fellow teapotter Connie (Connie Jo9). Jessica fractured her skull in the back of her head, fractured her right temple and has two fractures on each side of her spine by her pelvis. She was riding her beloved Max. The minute I heard the news, having grown up around horses, I thought Max must have been spooked by something or some freak thing happened because horses just don't set out to hurt someone unless they have been trained to do that.....

So in Cathy's own words here is what transpired.....and of course the reason the challenge calls for the images it calls for! Insert smiley face here.

Jessica was riding with a friend and they had to take a detour on the path because of a tree. It was a steep slope that was muddy. Max's back legs slid down the hill and at the bottom he took a leap. This was unexpected and caused her to tumble over his head to the ground. She did about three summersaults and landed on her back on the bike bath, got up and was a little woozy so her friend suggested she sit down. Where along came two bicyclers, one was a nurse and one a paramedic. What are the odds of that! The lady she was riding with held Max, he didn't even go any where. She also called the stables and they came and got Max to take back. The paramedic called it in with all the info while they stablelized her waiting for the ambulance.

And here is an update on Jessica's condition from Cathy.....

Jessica is back in the ICU so they can monitor her every two hours. Talked to the Orthopedic Surgeon. Apparently it was her sacrum that was fractured. It has one good part the rest is pretty broken up. So for the next six weeks she will be using a wheel chair. She isn't even suppose to just stand up. Kind of scary that the other hospital had her walking. They want to be sure she doesn't get any blood clouts, so they have to put her on blood thinners, but since she also has such a head injury, they need to monitor her so that her brain doesn't start bleeding again. Kind of a scary thing going on here. The Neurosurgeon feels that she will be fine, but they are going to keep a good eye on her. She still has blurry vision and her ear feels full of water so they are giving her special drops twice a day.

She has a super nice nurse in the ICU this time. Not only does she explain things but she does what she says she is going to do. She has regulated her pain meds so she doesn't go so long in between, plus she gave her ice for her head which has helped alot. Going to be slow going, but she is young. So glad it wasn't any worse

Here is the address...

Jessica Bomgardner Davis
6906 Bali Ct.
Orangeville, CA 95662

Thank you from me, Cathy and Connie!

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-13-2011 at 06:40 PM..
Old 06-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #232
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT151 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT151 ~ TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Stuart, Florida. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Sandy, the friend of a friend of fellow teapotter Charlene (Cookiebaker) who is currently undergoing chemo for her second bout with breast cancer. Charlene's friend Susan, has provided us with a little history about Sandy's struggles. Here it is in her own words:

Sandy Vadas is a nurse and works in the Cath Lab. She was married in April of 1991 and in Dec.1991 her husband was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s. They were told they would be unable to have children but Sandy had 2 boys . Between 1992 and 2007, Sandy’s husband had been in and out of remission a number of times, became blind, had a stem cell transplant, had 2 heart attacks and 10 stents. In 2007 he passed away leaving Sandy and the 2 boys.

Sandy was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009, had a bilateral mastectomy and went into remission 06/09 until now. The cancer returned this year in February and she is now receiving Chemo every week. She continues to work full time and loves helping people no matter what the issue! Every year since her husband’s death she has had a fundraiser called Dodge for the Cure. This is a Dodge Ball tournament to help raise money for the Oncology floor at the hospital because she wants to give back to the community.

Susan has requested the cards be sent to her because, as if she doesn't have enough going on, Sandy is moving and Susan doesn't want the cards to get lost.

This is the address the cards should be mailed to:

Sandy Vadas
C/O Susan Kujawa
5501 SE Meadow Springs Blvd.
Stuart, Fl . 34997

Thank you from me, Charlene, and Susan!

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-20-2011 at 06:16 PM..
Old 06-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #233
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT152 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT152 ~ DESTINATION STATION

The Destination this week is each other! Every last Tuesday of each month, we will be sending our cards to each other! A little payback and reward to the teapotters for always sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station.

It is our goal to surprise each and every Teapotter that is participating participate in this monthly card swap and send their card to in this monthly Tickle a Teapotter card swap with a handmade card from another Teapotter! You know, give em a little tickle! Ha!

To accomplish that I have started a Tickle a Teapotter ~ Back to School Thread in the Teapot Tuesday Challenge Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go this thread and simply post a comment listing your name and the number (in sequence) that you happened to the thread. Now this is where you getta use what you learned at the teaparty this week! Snort! Practice...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...what comes after 6? Okay back to the rules.....

For instance I will post the first comment that to say:

Mothermark #1
Whatsherdoodle #2

and so on and so on.....

Then, I will randomly pick your number and match it to a card made by another participating teapotter and I will pm each of you with your assigned destinations! This won't happen until all cards have been uploaded. I am thinking at least a week so we don't leave anyone out!

Tickle A Teapotter Card Exchange Guidelines!
Since everyone is so excited to get tickled by a Teapotter, I am listing a few guidelines. I take pride in having no rules, that is why I am calling them quidelines! Ha!

1. You will be receiving a short pm from me on Sunday or Monday of next week. It will be short and will simply say.....

In the subject line.........You tickle........

Inside the pm....It will give you the SCSer's name that you are to send your card to.

If you do not receive a pm from me, its cuz something has gone wrong, so please pm me. It's probably operator error, me being the operator! Ha!

2. Please mail your card shortly after you have received word from me regarding who you are tickling! Everyone is excited and looking forward to getting their card!

3. When you receive your card from a Fellow Teapotter, please send a pm to that person so they know their card has been received!

4. If you don't know the address of the person you have been assigned to, don't pm that person to get it. That will ruin their surprise! Just pm me and I will get it for you and keep the surprise in tact!

You get extra cookies if you throw in a couple of fun images with your card. A fun idea suggested by fellow teapotter! I double dawg dare ya to send goofy ones! Snort!

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-27-2011 at 06:01 PM..
Old 07-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #234
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT153 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT153 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Harrisville, Pennsylvania. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Nathan, the friend of Stephanie, a fellow SCSer (steffers). Nathan (goes by Manny) is only 31 years old and was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia. He is currently undergoing chemo and bone marrow tests.

Nathan is a new dad. When he took Oliver, his 4 month old son for his check-up, he was asked by the pediatrician if he (Nathan,the daddy) was feeling ok. The doctor thought that his coloring was off and suggested that Nathan go to his primary care physician to be checked for anemia. One thing led to another and within two weeks he was diagnosed. The family is hoping that Nathan can return home soon. He loves his little Oliver and misses him terribly. He has been able to skype with Oliver and that helped tremendously getting him through the long days in the hospital. Stephanie is praying that Nathan will be able to hug that little guy very soon. The family feels very optimistic. Nathan is young and strong (athlete type). He golfs, bowls and played basketball in High School and College. With prayers the family will get through this.

Stephanie can't wait to see his mail box fill up! And I should mention that she will, literally! Stephanie is the Post Master in the small town where Nathan lives. She will literally be the person filling up that mailbox! How cool is that?

Here is the address:

Nathan Lambert
P.O. Box 260
Harrisville PA 16038

Thank you from me and Stephanie!

Sadly, Manny has passed away. Please to not send additional cards. Thank you......

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-14-2012 at 04:46 AM..
Old 07-05-2011, 01:52 AM   #235
Kookie Creator

I will send my golf card to Manny. Is this the right place to put this? I am so new at this lol
Old 07-05-2011, 03:56 AM   #236
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannestewartmills View Post
I will send my golf card to Manny. Is this the right place to put this? I am so new at this lol
You are doing great! It's fine to post here...its not necessary, but absolutely fine! We are so happy you are participating and will send your card to Manny! Happy Tuesday!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #237
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT154 ~ DESTINATION STATION

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #MMTPT154:

This week's destination is Burlington Ontario, Canada. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Rita, a very dear friend of Jo-Anne, a friend of fellow teapotter Charlene (crystaldolphins). A very dear friend, of a very dear friend, of a very dear teapotter! That sums it up! Rita has been recently diagnosed with lung cancer.

Jo-Anne has these words to share with us about Rita.

Rita has lung cancer in her left lung. No conventional treatment has been started at this time, just lots of diet, energy work, and being peaceful. Rita is working very hard at doing all of the energy work to make herself well.

Her interests include birds (outdoor & indoor). She volunteered at a local Aviary and refers to her own birds as "The Boys". "The Boys" are joined by other critters around the house (squirrels, chipmunks, and more birds). Other interests are crafts, woodwork, Intarsia in particular, eating, riding bikes & going to the gym, even though the qym is something not possible right now. She likes jig saw puzzles & crosswords, large crystals, and watching environmental or animal shows on TV. She's surrounded by a gorgeous yard that is absolutely beautiful with trees and flowers and plants and critters!

Rita is a sweet, caring, peaceful sort of quiet person with a good sense of humor. She's loving retirement after working hard for years and years of shift work.

Jo-Anne and Charlene are requesting uplifing, positive thoughts, prayers and love for their dear friend Rita. In Charlene's words, these are the things hold a high energy level, high vibration which aids in healing. Rita's days are spent around anything and everything that can aid in her healing including getting wonderful hand made cards from special people all around the world. They all are already grateful for the cards that will bring positive energy to Rita as a result of this challenge.

Here is the address:

Rita Entwistle
3502 Ketelbey Court
Burlington, Ontario
L7M 3B4
Canada

Thank you from Jo-Anne, Charlene and me.

Last edited by Mothermark; 07-17-2011 at 02:44 PM..
Old 07-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #238
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT155 ~ DESTINATION STATION

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #MMTPT155:

This week's destination is Myersville, Maryland. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Jake, a 13 year old boy who has had multiple surgeries since his birth. He's a wonderful, happy, fun-loving little kid that just has had too much surgery in his young life. Can you imagine having more surgeries than the years of your young life? Jake just celebrated his 13th birthday on July 8th and surgery #17 is on the schedule. His entire summer will be consumed with recovery and he will need some happy mail. Even a belated birthday card would be awesome!!

If you did not click into one of the For the Sake of Jake links in the Teapot Tuesday Challenge, here is that link again for more information about Jake:

For the Sake of Jake

A special request has been issued to bring cards (Birthday or Best Wishes) to Jake this summer to get him through yet another surgery! If you are able, please enclosed a knock~knock joke, riddle or funny story inside your card and please print anything you write in the card so Jake can read it better, he is not so good with cursive! Ha!

To help you out, here are a couple of links to find a cute joke for The Sake of Jake!

Knock Knock Jokes for Kids.

Kid Jokes and Humor

Fun4Children ~ Jokes and Riddles

Here is Jake's address:

Jake Watson
P.O. Box 212
Myersville, MD 21773

I would like to send out a special thank you to fellow SCSer Vixen Stamper (Karen) for sharing this information For The Sake of Jake! Thank you Karen!

Thank you everyone from Karen and I!

Last edited by Mothermark; 07-18-2011 at 06:19 PM..
Old 07-25-2011, 03:07 AM   #239
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT156 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT156 ~ DESTINATION STATION

It is our goal to surprise each and every Teapotter that is participating participate in this monthly card swap and send their card to in this monthly Tickle a Teapotter card swap with a handmade card from another Teapotter! You know, give em a little tickle! Ha!

To accomplish that I have started a Tickle a Teapotter ~ Stingey Miss Gingey in the Teapot Tuesday Challenge Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go this thread and simply post a comment listing your name and the number (in sequence) that you happened to the thread. Now this is where you getta use what you learned at the teaparty this week! Snort! Practice...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...what comes after 6? Okay back to the rules.....

For instance I will post the first comment that to say:

Mothermark #1
Whatsherdoodle #2

and so on and so on.....

Tickle A Teapotter Card Exchange Guidelines!
Since everyone is so excited to get tickled by a Teapotter, I am listing a few guidelines. I take pride in having no rules, that is why I am calling them quidelines! Ha!

1. You will be receiving a short pm from me on Sunday or Monday of next week. It will be short and will simply say.....

In the subject line.........You tickle........

Inside the pm....It will give you the SCSer's name that you are to send your card to.

If you do not receive a pm from me, its cuz something has gone wrong, so please pm me. It's probably operator error, me being the operator! Ha!

2. Please mail your card shortly after you have received word from me regarding who you are tickling! Everyone is excited and looking forward to getting their card!

3. When you receive your card from a Fellow Teapotter, please send a pm to that person so they know their card has been received!

4. If you don't know the address of the person you have been assigned to, don't pm that person to get it. That will ruin their surprise! Just pm me and I will get it for you and keep the surprise in tact!

You get extra cookies if you throw in a couple of fun images with your card. A fun idea suggested by fellow teapotter! I double dawg dare ya to send goofy ones! Snort!

Last edited by Mothermark; 07-25-2011 at 03:25 AM..
Old 08-01-2011, 02:24 AM   #240
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT157 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT157 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is various locations across many many miles. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to one of the kids of Hugs and Hope Club for Sick Kids. Hugs and Hope is an internet-based group of caring people who are devoted to providing smiles for kids with serious illnesses, injuries or handicaps.The Club was created by Marsha Jordan in October 2000, as a ministry of encouragement for children battling critical illness. Visitors to the site pray for, encourage, and send these children cheerful, special, handmade cards (a.k.a."happy mail"). That is where we come in this week!

This destination is a little different than unusal as our goal is to get a card to each and every child on the Hugs and Hope mailing list. Not only will the kids of Hugs and Hope be this week's destination for the Teapot Tuesday challenge but the kids will also be featured for the August Cards for a Cause challenge that I also host each month at SCS.

I have started a thread in the Cards for A Cause Forum called HUGS AND HOPE KIDS ~ ADDRESSES OF THE CHILDREN. This thread will give you specific instructions on how to determine which child to mail your card to. Our goal is to attempt to get every child on that list some happy mail.

Click here to get the address of the child you will be sending happy mail to!

Thank you all for putting a smile on the faces of the many children of Hugs and Hope.

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-01-2011 at 02:54 AM..