Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #81
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Charlene!

So sorry I did not see this until today! How nice that Gypsey will be so excited to get our cards! I love the idea of you sending him a box to keep the cards in...way cool! I can't wait to hear the feedback when the cards start coming in!

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers....hopefully he will be outside soon!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:43 AM   #82
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ EVA ~ MMTPT196

APPRECIATION STATION
MMTPT196

Hi everyone. Here is a few pictures of little Eva opening up her teapotter mail and a message sent to us via a face book posting from Eva's mom....

In her own words:

Thank you all so much! These were honestly the most beautiful cards we have ever seen. Your kind words are incredible. You definitely put a smile on Eva's face it was like Christmas had come early. Thank you for everything you did for Eva and Mela with cards and gifts. You are all magnificent . Thank you sooooo so much xx Tiff, Eva & Mela

The window picture is of some stickers that one of the teapotters mailed her. Of course they are Dora stickers! And a picture of the cards she received....although if you do not see yours there, that doesn't mean she didn't get it......cards mailed to New Zealand probably arrived over the course of several weeks....

Thanks for all you do!!!
Attached Thumbnails
398894_386068181430608_55531610_n.jpg   526078_386067948097298_1039088622_n.jpg   398832_386067534764006_100000822871010_988673_961630065_n.jpg   evas-dora-cards.....jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-31-2012 at 03:48 AM..
Old 06-11-2012, 05:23 AM   #83
Forum Fanatic

Good morning to all!
I just found this forum for posting. I was looking for a place to post this. I am not one that READS a lot of forums - it takes time away from making the cards!

I want to thank all of you AGAIN for the beautiful cards you sent to me for doing what I love to do for others and all the extras! I have gone through them several times and decided it was time to send on the ones that some of you said I could. So.....this weekend I prepared all of those cards and lots of mine and some of the purchased cards from my stash from before I made cards and I have a box of 200 going to the nursing home that my mom was in for eight years. I called there and asked if I brought cards, not for the residents themselves, like I normally do, but for them to use to send when they wanted to send a card. There are the beautiful cards from you, birthday, Easter, thank you, Christmas, ones that can be used for anything, etc. I am sure they will be happy to use these. With so many elderly that like to play cards, I feel they will LOVE the cards from you.

As all of you know, the teapotters are such kind giving people and this is just another step to show kindness to others! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause, Fan Club Member

Rita/scootsv
Old 06-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #84
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Aww...that's wonderful Rita! I love that you want to pay it forward! It's what its all about! What a wonderful idea! You go girl and thank you for taking the time to post a message here.....

Hig bugs!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #85
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ MMTPT198 ~ GYPSY

MMTPT198
WARM FUZZIES FROM GYPSY!

Hi guys! Just wanted to share an email that I received from fellow Teapotter Charlene (crystaldolphins). We recently held a teaparty for Gypsy who is in facility in Canada. This is the link to Gypsy's Destination Station post if you want to refresh yourselves on the challenge which prompted this nice email.

In Charlene's own words:

I wanted to send you an update that you can forward to the teapotters.

Gypsy received a couple of cards at first, then a whole bunch of them on one day. I had sent him a copy of the Destination Station when I sent him my card, along with a photo box that he could keep them in. Since he got so many at one time, he decided that he was going to just open a couple each day so he could savour the moments. He has a friend in the facility and he also invited that friend (Sole) to share in the experience with him. He was so touched that all these people that he doesnít know, would take the time to make such amazing and special cards. He and Sole both enjoyed them so much and Sole definitely didnít get that strangers would do something like this. In fact, I think before he saw the first cards he didnít believe it when Gypsy told him what was happening!!

I donít want to put a negative note to this but I do want everyone to understand that Gypsy has no family. He is waiting for a decision on his wheelchair which if he gets it, he will be allowed outside the facility. His friend, Sole has some family but they do not contact or visit him. Receiving all of these cards was a HUGE thing for these two 2 older gentlemen. This was really a BIG deal for them and it showed Gypsy especially that there are people out there who know about him and know he exists!

I have been gently slapped by a few friends if I say anything like Ďwe just send cardsí or Ďitís just ink and paperí, etc. Iím not allowed to use the word ĎJUSTí and theyíre so right! We are all card angels for people that we may or may not know!

So, from Gypsy, Sole, Sharon and myself THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! This was such a special gift and so greatly appreciated.

Big hugs to all the teapotters!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #86
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ Rebekah ~ MMTPT199

MMTPT199
WARM FUZZIES FROM MARY AND REBEKAH

We recently sent our cards to the daughter of a fellow SCSer/Teapotter to celebrate her belated birthday. During her actual birthday, her mom Mary was hospitalized and Rebekah spent her birthday in the hospital, her birthday party and Spring break fun had to be cancelled....We thought it would be fun to send her cards. Here is the link to the Destination Station post for Rebekah......

Picture attached....

In Mary's own words:

Hi Cindy!

Rebekah has LOVED receiving all her cards! She goes to the mailbox and gloats over each card. She has a wooden box that she is putting all her cards in and made herself a poster of all the return addresses and the unusual postage from overseas.

Iím attaching a picture of her with her cards and the cute cupcake beachball that arrived from Hawaii. I took the picture Sunday and she received another card today! It has Curt the cow with Fuzzybutt! So, Cathy, if you donít see your card it is because I didnít make another picture but it did arrive! I canít thank the teapotters enough. If you saw the sheer delight on her face as she waits for the mail and comes in with her bounty, youíd never underestimate the power of the teaparties ever again.

Now that I am not working outside the home, I plan to attend as many teaparties as possible. I thought the best way to thank all of you would be to pay it forward. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! Hugs, Mary
(scs #1volunteer)

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-21-2012 at 03:50 AM..
Old 06-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #87
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT197 ~ APPRECIATION STATION!

MMTPT197
Warm Fuzzies from Alan and Ellen

Remember when we sent wedding cards to Alan and Ellen who were married March 9th. We wanted to make their wedding special because Marie's brother, Alan, was diagnosed with cancer right about the same time.....Once again, you teapotters came through with flying colors and mission accomplished! We made their wedding special! I would like to share this email from Marie with you all! If you would like to refresh your memory on the challenge here is the link.

Attached are pictures of the wedding cards. Look at Curt, he manged to be right there, always stealing the limelight! What a ham! Snort!

Here you go, in Marie and Ellen's own words:

Cindy:

Now that the twins have graduated and life has slowed down a bit I was able to get to see all of Alan & Ellen's cards at once. It was so much fun watching Ellen open the cards again, Her face lit up at each one, saying "look at this one," "this is so beautiful," "look at this!" and "this one was Alan's favorite." We arranged them on the dining room table and took these photos. We will always be grateful to each teapotter who took the time and effort to make and share a card. She also wrote an email for me to share with you:

Dear Wonderful Teapotters,

Alan and I are thrilled and so very grateful for the beautiful wedding cards! Our wedding was planned very quickly (5 days!) and kept very low-key due to Alan's recent cancer diagnoses. We were married on a local walking bridge over the Delaware River and told very few people. Fortunately, all five of our children were able to attend, including Alan's youngest son who was given an unusually quick leave as a Marine stationed at Camp LeJeune, NC, for our small wedding (10 people total!). What a wonderful surprise to begin receiving your beautiful cards. Our friend, Mothermark, sent us a letter with her card explaining Teapot Tuesday with a wonderful story about Alan, me, and Lou Alan MacEllen. These beautiful cards made our very low-key wedding very special. Alan and I told very few people about our wedding because it was planned 3 days before his first surgery and we were so focused on that that the wedding just sort of...slipped by unnoticed. Your beautiful cards meant so much to us and we are thrilled that Marie, Alan's sister, shared our story with all of you. Our wedding ended up going by not unnoticed due to all of your kindness and creativity.

We got married after work on Friday, March 9, and I told Marie I didn't know if I would even remember the date because we have been so consumed with Alan's illnesses (2 types of cancer have been diagnosed thus far, and he has 2 more surgeries scheduled for this summer). Now I won't ever forget our wedding date because of your beautiful cards!

Thank you for making a wonderful event which was overshadowed by sadness so much happier for us. We truly appreciate your kindnesses and thank you from the bottom of our hearts,

Ellen and Alan

Thank you Teapotters!
Attached Thumbnails
alan-ellens-wedding-cards-2.jpg   alan-ellens-wedding-cards.jpg  
Old 07-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #88
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

You ladies have sure made me smile!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #89
Mad Swapper

Default Gypsy Souls and MMTPT208

I've been through the gallery and am so enjoying these awesome manly cards for Sol's teaparty! wow! You are all so amazing! I know your cards will help lift his spirits and he'll be able to go back and look at them.

Gypsy does this with his cards all the time and tells my friend Sharon every time he gets a new one! You have all helped to change the lives of 2 men and the outreach from the love and caring extends from there! Sharon tells me how filled up she gets every time Gypsy excitedly tries to describe the newest card and it helps her to keep going too! Big hugs from me, Sharon, Sol and Gypsy!

2012/2013 Squigglefly DT
Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #90
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldolphins View Post
I've been through the gallery and am so enjoying these awesome manly cards for Sol's teaparty! wow! You are all so amazing! I know your cards will help lift his spirits and he'll be able to go back and look at them.

Gypsy does this with his cards all the time and tells my friend Sharon every time he gets a new one! You have all helped to change the lives of 2 men and the outreach from the love and caring extends from there! Sharon tells me how filled up she gets every time Gypsy excitedly tries to describe the newest card and it helps her to keep going too! Big hugs from me, Sharon, Sol and Gypsy!
Gives me big time warm fuzzies....Charlene...thanks for your kind words here. I can't wait until Sol's cards start to come in....and it will give Gypsy some warmth as well.

You and Sharon are wonderful for giving us this opportunity!
Hugs to you all!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

I am never sure where to put updates, so I will post one here. Some of you will recall sending cards to Betty - early this year (Post 269 in the Destination thread). Betty was diagnosed with lung cancer, and had been given about 6 months. She was placed on an aggressive chemo therapy. In mid summer we had a report that she was doing fairly well, but treatments were reduced to minimize side affects.
I just had an e-mail today that she has had additional set backs. Betty had an apparent heart attack a couple of weeks ago - it had seemed like a digestive problem. At this time, Betty realizes her time is limited, but she has a strong desire to travel from AZ to MO for a family reunion, a wedding, and first visits with 2 great grandchildren. In Don's words, she would then be ready to go Home.
He is requesting prayers that Betty would have the strength to accomplish this. I am sure that additional thinking of you cards would be welcome as well - her travel is to be about Sept. 7.

Betty Vannatta
872 E. Settlers Trl.,
Casa Grande, AZ. 85122

Thanks to everyone for all that you do for so many. I have often been MIA this summer, but will be catching up.
My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Old 09-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #92
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Aww...Dorothy...I am so sorry to hear this news.......I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers for a successful trip to be with family........thanks for posting this and i will send a link to the teapotters........thanks for including the address as well so we can send her a little love....
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Dorothy, This is sad news, My prayers go out to Betty that she has the strength to go on her trip for her family reunion.
Hugs,
Pat
Old 09-18-2012, 04:03 AM   #94
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart WARM FUZZIES FROM CRAZY KIM'S FATHER

WARM FUZZIES FROM CRAZY KIM'S FATHER
EMAIL CARD DRIVE

Hello fellow teapotters:

I wanted to share a message that came in to the SCS website, emailed to SCS from fellow teapotter CrazyKim's father. As you all recall, Kim's mother recently passed away. During her battle with cancer, the teapotters mailed her cards of many encouragement and when she passed away cards of sympathy were mailed to Kim and her father.

In Kim's father's own words:

I wish to thank all the stampers who sent cards after the death of my wife Lily.

Your cards are very much appreciated and are much admired.My daughter is a member KRAZYKIM she has thanked those of you who sent cards, this was something I needed to do myself. Also a belated thank you to all who have sent cards to Lily and myself on other occasions.I hope this can be posted on your site.I am managing as you do and thanks again . Regards Tom Murray
New Zealand.

Thank you for all you do!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 AM   #95
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT186 ~ WARM FUZZIES

MMTPT186 ~ WARM FUZZIES FROM SUE AND CHRIS!

Bad Mothermark! Back in February, we hosted MMTPT186 in honor of the son (Chris) of fellow Teapotter Sue (coffeestamper). To refresh your memory, here is the link to that challenge. The following month, the hospital where Chris was treated was also featured in the SCS Cards for a Cause Challenge that I also host every month. In April Sue sent me a very nice thank you note along with a picture of Chris when he presented the cards to the staff where he was treated. I posted that thank you in the appreciation thread in the Cards for a Cause Forum and failed to post it here. My bad. I realize now I should have posted it here. I may have emailed it to all the teapotters, but in case I didn't, I am sharing it now as Sue and Chris were very appreciative of all the cards that they received directly from the Teapotters as well.

Here is the message as posted in the Cards for a Cause challenge...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
FEBRUARY 2012 CARDS FOR A CAUSE!

Hello everyone! I got a very nice email and thank you from Sue and Chris. We made birthday cards for the kids being treated at the hospital where Chris was treated at the end of 2011. Chris recently returned to the hospital for a follow up check up and was able to deliver our cards in person! Also attached is a picture of Chris with Amy after he presented her with the cards! Whoot!

In Sue's own words:

Here is Chris with Amy after making the box of birthday cards delivery.

Amy was so happy to receive all of those cards. I told her we would be back in 3 more months with more cards. We felt so good delivering those cards.

She asked if she had to make thank you for all the people that donated and I told her I would send this picture and let them all know how much you appreciated getting all those cards.

Thank you Cindy for helping us out with the mission for the hospital.
The best news was Christopher's doctor said the MRI that he had done looked great and we feel our prayers are being answered.

God Bless, Hugs and Happy Easter~

Sue and Christopher

Thank you all for making this happen for Sue and Chris!
Attached Thumbnails
chris-his-cards....jpg  
Old 09-19-2012, 03:09 AM   #96
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothermark View Post
MMTPT186 ~ WARM FUZZIES FROM SUE AND CHRIS!

Bad Mothermark! Back in February, we hosted MMTPT186 in honor of the son (Chris) of fellow Teapotter Sue (coffeestamper). To refresh your memory, here is the link to that challenge. The following month, the hospital where Chris was treated was also featured in the SCS Cards for a Cause Challenge that I also host every month. In April Sue sent me a very nice thank you note along with a picture of Chris when he presented the cards to the staff where he was treated. I posted that thank you in the appreciation thread in the Cards for a Cause Forum and failed to post it here. My bad. I realize now I should have posted it here. I may have emailed it to all the teapotters, but in case I didn't, I am sharing it now as Sue and Chris were very appreciative of all the cards that they received directly from the Teapotters as well.

Here is the message as posted in the Cards for a Cause challenge...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
FEBRUARY 2012 CARDS FOR A CAUSE!

Hello everyone! I got a very nice email and thank you from Sue and Chris. We made birthday cards for the kids being treated at the hospital where Chris was treated at the end of 2011. Chris recently returned to the hospital for a follow up check up and was able to deliver our cards in person! Also attached is a picture of Chris with Amy after he presented her with the cards! Whoot!

In Sue's own words:

Here is Chris with Amy after making the box of birthday cards delivery.

Amy was so happy to receive all of those cards. I told her we would be back in 3 more months with more cards. We felt so good delivering those cards.

She asked if she had to make thank you for all the people that donated and I told her I would send this picture and let them all know how much you appreciated getting all those cards.

Thank you Cindy for helping us out with the mission for the hospital.
The best news was Christopher's doctor said the MRI that he had done looked great and we feel our prayers are being answered.

God Bless, Hugs and Happy Easter~

Sue and Christopher

Thank you all for making this happen for Sue and Chris!
Thank you soo much to all the wonderful people that helped us with bringing a huge box of cards to the hospital. We are going back for another MRI in October and Chris and I have been making cheerful cards.
Thanks again for all your help we couldnt have done it without all of you helping.
Hugs to all of you~
I am truly blessed to have Christopher here to hug each and every morning~
Sue
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #97
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart Totally Terrific Teapotters!

I only pick up my mail a couple of times a week. Thursday afternoon my Dad came to pick me up to once again take me to an appointment at the surgeon's. He went down ahead of me so he could stop and get my mail. Several minutes later, when I got to the 1st floor, I got out of the elevator and I could see him down the hall in the front lobby. I said to him 'Dad, we're going to be late. What the heck are you doing in there?' He replied "Just getting all your mail." It looked like he was having a little struggle and trying to keep something from falling out of it. I asked him if he needed me to come there to help him. He said "No, I got it all." I thought to myself 'All?' Then he came walking toward me with a tall stack of envelopes. I started laughing and I said to him 'OMGosh, Dad! The mailman must have mistakenly put everybody's mail in my box! That's not all mine!' He assured me they were all addressed to me. I shook my head and said to him 'There is no way that is all my mail! I don't have near that many credit cards or friends!' and laughed. He laughed too and said "Nope, they're all yours." I was baffled. I took the stack and started flipping through them. I said to Dad 'They sure do have my name on them but I don't know anybody in Ontario CN. And look at these from different towns in OH, SC, NY, MI, CA, OH, FL, MO, CA, AZ, CA again, CN again ... what the heck?' Then it dawned on me. I looked at him and exclaimed 'OMGosh, Dad! I bet that Snickerdoodle Doo (Cindy/Mudder) send a secret (from me) email to tell the TPT gals I needed some get well wishes!' Of course he had no clue what a TPT gal or a Snickerdoodle Doo was, so he just smiled to appease me. Hee! I said 'I can't believe it!' He took the envelopes and put them in the bag he was carrying and said "We have to go or you're going to be late for your appointment." We scurried off to the appointment. We got to my parent's house an hour later. When we got there I told my Mom about the envelopes and showed her the stack. She said "Wow!" I sat down with them to open them all and then my Mom said "Ummm, one thing ... what did the surgeon say?" I laughed and said 'OMGosh, I was so excited about the envelopes, I forgot to tell you!' I guess at the moment, opening the envelopes was more exciting than telling her I got the long line of pulling, poking stitches out! Hee! How wonderful that I was able to share opening the wonderful cards with my parents. They were smiling and "oohing" and "ahhing" as much as me. Okay, well mostly me and Mom were doing the "oohing" and "ahhing" but Dad did say how thoughtful "the ladies" were and how nice the cards were!

SO ... a longer story shorter ... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I couldn't have received the pile of cards on a better day! In addition to receiving all of your encouraging, kind words, I received a positive report from the surgeon! So far, so good. I have been blessed in that my body has, for the most part, tolerated a drug, which class I have had volatile reactions to in the past, and that my wounds are moreso healed than the surgeon, with my long list of other illnesses, thought could be. Both blessings for which I am humbly grateful. It's now a waiting game to see if this last resort, the radical srugery + medicine, completely rid my chest of the "bad bug," or not. I hope, like those commercials for Mucinex where the green blobs of mucus are banished by the medicine, my "bad bug" was banished by the surgery and medicine! Hee! Only time will tell.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh, one thing ... instead of trying to go back to catch up on the TPT comments I may have missed the last three or four months since I had this "bad bug," I decided that it would be better for me to go forward! Hope you all understand. I also thank you for leaving the kind comments on my cards, that you do. I know my cards are sometimes a little "out there" or "what??" but so am I ... but in a good way! Hee! Speaking of which ... I'm outta here!

Last edited by gabalot; 09-28-2012 at 04:18 AM..
Old 09-28-2012, 04:30 AM   #98
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart

You go Girl! How fun that your dad got to collect all the well wishes and that your parents got to share this with you! Keep moving forward in your getting better! NO MORE BAD BUGS!
You mentioned that you were a little out there, heck I thought that was a requirement to being a Teapotter and why I fit in so nicely! hahaha

Hugs to you Gabby!

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Old 09-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

So happy for the good report, Gabby - keep it up! And enjoy the good wishes! Maybe there will be another box full next time!

Old 09-29-2012, 04:34 AM   #100
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Aww...Gabby, that post warmed my heart! Not to mention made me giggle.....the story of your dad struggling and you trying to figure out why the mailman messed up cracked me up! And to boot, some pretty positive news from the surgeon! Awesome! I love that the teapotters came through and brightened your day...i hope that mailman messes up again in the next few days! Giggle!

Hugs to you....take care and thank you for the thank you....the warm fuzzies..I will send a link to this thread out via email so all the teapotters will see! Thank you!
Old 09-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Update and thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdas View Post
I am never sure where to put updates, so I will post one here. Some of you will recall sending cards to Betty - early this year (Post 269 in the Destination thread). Betty was diagnosed with lung cancer, and had been given about 6 months. She was placed on an aggressive chemo therapy. In mid summer we had a report that she was doing fairly well, but treatments were reduced to minimize side affects.
I just had an e-mail today that she has had additional set backs. Betty had an apparent heart attack a couple of weeks ago - it had seemed like a digestive problem. At this time, Betty realizes her time is limited, but she has a strong desire to travel from AZ to MO for a family reunion, a wedding, and first visits with 2 great grandchildren. In Don's words, she would then be ready to go Home.
He is requesting prayers that Betty would have the strength to accomplish this. I am sure that additional thinking of you cards would be welcome as well - her travel is to be about Sept. 7.

Betty Vannatta
872 E. Settlers Trl.,
Casa Grande, AZ. 85122

Thanks to everyone for all that you do for so many. I have often been MIA this summer, but will be catching up.
I don't mean to be reporting back here too often, but, on the other hand, I am sure many of you like to know the results of your generous sharing of your talents.
I talked to Betty today for the first time since her trip to MO. She was able to make the trip and have great visits with family. Of course, it was tiring, and it has taken these couple of weeks to recover. There is some concern that her current chemo treatments are resulting in heart problems, and there will be more evaluation tomorrow. Continued prayers are still in order.
Betty asked if there had been another card shower - apparently several of you sent more cards when I posted the above update. She got over a dozen more cards. THANK YOU, thoughtful and generous tea potters. She asked me to convey her appreciation for more wonderful cards - they always help to brighten her day.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #102
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

oh Gabby how sweet....your telling of the story is just to funny and I could see it all....so glad you got good news from the surgeon....

but wait a minute.....I thought being way "out there" was some sorta requirement to live in teapotterville....I thought that was why no one accused me of losing my mind...which if I ever find it I might.....teeheee....

keep on gettin better

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Old 09-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #103

So glad to hear Betty made it to that reunion....it's so wonderful to be able to say the things you need to say before it's to late....I'm glad she had that time...

Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #104
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT217 ~ WARM FUZZIES

MMTPT217 ~ WARM FUZZIES FROM KATHLEEN LAMMIE!

Hi girls!

We recently send cards through MMTPT217 to Kathleen Lammie's mom. We combined cards of encouragement for her battle with cancer and birthday cards.

Here is the message Kathleen posted and attached please find the sweetest picture of Kathleen's mom and her cards!

Thank you all, for all you do!

This is Kathleen's message

Here is a photo of my Mom with all the FANTASTIC cards you all sent to her!
Thank you for making her so happy!
Attached Thumbnails
kathleen-lammies-mom-her-cards-.jpg  
Old 11-24-2012, 05:30 AM   #105
Stazon Splitcoast

These are the DARLING card's I got from all you ladies for wishing me well on my catarac surgeries on both eyes. Thank You again ladies...
Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - foxy67 - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #106
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart

Hi Pat! Nice to see a message in the thread and so glad you felt cheer and happiness from the cards we fellow TPers sent to you! I was wondering how you were doing? How did the surgery go and how goes the progress? Have the procedures changed your eyesight for the better? My Dad has the onset of a cataract but his eye dr is just 'watching' it as of now. Most of those people I've met that had cataract surgery had better vision thereafter. There was one friend of mine, however, that unfortunately did not see any difference after her procedure ... she was in her 90s though, which may have made a difference as her eyes were "pretty old." Okay, then. You take care and pm me to let me know how goes it. Thinking of you, Gabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy67 View Post
These are the DARLING card's I got from all you ladies for wishing me well on my catarac surgeries on both eyes. Thank You again ladies...
Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - foxy67 - Handmade Cards & Crafts

Last edited by gabalot; 12-29-2012 at 02:59 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #107
Mad Swapper

Default MMTPT223 Thanks

Passing along thank yous from my parents, for the teaparty for my dad MMTPT223.

From my mom:
Your beautiful teapotter friends sent more incredible cards today. It's amazing how much work I can see has gone into these cards - layers and layers glued together, and all the hand painting. Your Dad & I are so impressed with all the love you can tell comes with each card. Thank you so much to each and every one. We appreciate each one and the person it comes from. This group very obviously loves and respects you, Char, by some of the comments. Thank you again for arranging this.

From my dad:
I have really enjoyed getting all the hand crafted cards your 'teapotters' have made, and especially the hand written comments, letters and notes from them too, so once again, please convey my appreciation to them from your mom and me. It has been great that many of them have written specifically to your mom too. Thanks for doing this. It has been great receiving the cards so far and I DO look forward to getting others as I appreciate the humour, pictures and of course all the work that goes into making them by the individuals. I know Neil (MMTPT173) sure appreciated getting them

From me:
I cut and pasted comments that my parents made to me in various emails. I think you get the gist of how much they both enjoyed them and appreciate the intricate work that goes into each one. Thank you for your encouraging words and personal things you shared. In separate emails, mom and dad would describe different cards and share a few things that people said and they really meant so much to them and to me. As my mom says, you are all beautiful and this is such a phenomenal group to belong to. Big hugs to everyone and sincere thanks from my family. I have to add that my dadís homecare nurses really enjoyed seeing the cards too Ė they loved the beautiful work and the humour!

Just a quick update (sorry, almost done!):
Dad is doing well. He did have to go back into the hospital for 4 days due to an infection but he is doing well again. He will get his PICC line in tomorrow and starts his next round of chemo also tomorrow. It will be once every 2 weeks for 8 weeks. He was pretty fortunate as far as side-effects go with the chemo and radiation combo over the summer, so weíre hoping for the same thing again. Hereís to a healthy 2013!

Wishing you all a healthy and happy 2013. May love and light surround you in all that you do.

Huge hugs,
Bob, Carolyn and Charlene (and my family)
crystaldolphins

2012/2013 Squigglefly DT
Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #108
Proud Fan Club Member

Charlene,

It's a pleasure to be able to bring a little sunshine into the lives of those we don't know. Thank you for letting us know how much sunshine it brought into your parent's lives.
I hope and pray that your Dad just plows through this next round of chemo and comes out a winner!

Hugs to all of you,
Jennifer

Jennifer
Old 12-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #109
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT224 ~ Warm Fuzzies...

MMTPT224 ~ WARM FUZZIES FROM SONJA AND MARY LOU!

A couple of week's ago, we mailed our cards to the sister in law of fellow Teapotter, SoniB. Mary Lou is struggling with her health and our cards were meant to bring a little cheer to her days.

I received this nice email from Sonja.....sharing her appreciation and thanks....
In Sonja's own words:

Hello, I wanted to share a few words with you and to all of the kind ladies that sent cards to Mary Lou. Mary lou was so surprised and on a couple of different occasions she sent me messages that these cards were so beautiful and up lifting. I know one day she was showing them to some ladies from the church, and one of the ladies asked her how many cards would she get ~ He response was "Only God Knows " ~ My brother said these cards gave her moments of joy like nothing else had and days of smiles as she looked at them.. They are both simply amazed that these ladies are so kind , and take the time to brighten some ones day that they do not even know ...My brother Bill sends his heartfelt thank yous for being so generous of your time and talent ...

From my heart, thank you for being exactly who and what you are ~ kind, caring and loving ladies ~

and from Bil and Marylou's hearts, more thanks wrapped in love and prayers that you all are truly blessed every day of your life

Soni B or Sonja
Old 12-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #110
Insane Embellisher

Default Thanks so much

Hey there Teapot Friends,
I just wanted to say thank you for all the beautiful get well cards and the warm wishes that were sent to me. I am doing really good. I still have a little bit of problem eating breads, pastas and meat if it isn't cut up small. It's getting better, but still a little difficult. I have a doctor's appt on Jan. 3rd and will be getting an x-ray to make sure the new bone is growing over the screws in the vertebrae to keep them in place. I am chomping at the bit to get back to crafting and card making. I still have to wear my neck brace for 9 more weeks, so I can't look down to see what I am doing. As soon as I am able, I will be back joining in the tea parties, so please keep my name on the list for cheaters and the mailing addresses. See ya'll soon.

Emily
Old 12-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #111
Proud Fan Club Member

Emily, it's so good to read of your road to recovery. Just getting here is a good start. Don't push yourself too hard.

Happy New Year Hugs,
Jennifer

Jennifer
Old 12-29-2012, 03:01 AM   #112
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart EMILY

Emily - so glad to hear you are on the upswing! I agree w/Jennifer ... take it easy! Hope this New Year will be much better for you and bring you lots of joy and happiness.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #113
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Emily! How nice to see your smiling face here in a Teapot Tuesday thread! What a nice message and what a great update to here! You are on your way back girl! I think Jennifer and Gabby have wonderful advice and I will second their comment! Or should I say third it! Snort!

Hig Bugs Emily!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:22 AM   #114

so good to hear Emily...recovery is never fun...and it's so boring...but you'll be back to normal before you know it..

Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 AM   #115

Warm Fuzzies from ~CA~ for teapart #227

A few weeks ago we sent pink and gold cards to DeAnna, daughter of ~CA~ to lift her up a little after her diagnosis of cancer and plans to start chemotherapy. She has a lovely pile of pink cards and her mother let us know how much she appreciates them.

In Carol Ann's words:

DeAnna really didnít want to be in the picture because she still has one drain and canít lift her arms so she canít wash her hair. To me, sheís beautiful anyway. Because of that drain, she couldnít start chemo yet although they have implanted a port near her collar bone for when sheís ready. Iím glad I got a chance to see her when I did.

DeAnna couldnít believe the outpouring of love from the tea potters. She said, ďThere are so many beautiful cards; I love them all! Thereís even some from other countries!!Ē This was a great tea party, and it was perfect timing. This sure did brighten the spirits of my daughter who is going through so much fighting breast cancer.

I sure appreciate what our tea potters do every week, especially the week we did the pink and gold Disney themed cards for DeAnna!!! My thanks and love to all the tea potters!!!

~CA~

That's a wonderful looking table she has isn't it?....Oh well, I'm sure it is under those cards....snickers.....

thx so much for all you gal's do to lift spirits of those around us..
Attached Thumbnails
mail.jpg  

Old 01-08-2013, 02:32 AM   #116

Warm Fuzzies from Charlene for Teaparty #229

A few weeks ago we sent MANLY cards of support to Terry (DH of teapotter Charlene~aka~Lilluvsstampin). Terry is awaiting a kidney for transplant and loved all the cards...

In Charlene's words:

Please let the teapotters know their cards and notes of encouragement meant a lot to Terry. He was really touched that so many sent him cards. He is familiar with Teapot Tuesday because of my involvement with it, of course. I watched as he carefully opened each envelope, took in the details of the card fronts, and read the notes. He was really touched by it all, especially the personal notes of encouragement as well as a corny joke or two!! He LOVES corny jokes!! He knows the time it can take for a stamper to make a card...well, if you're slow like me, anyway...and expressed to me that he was amazed that so many would do that for him. I told him the teapotters are the bestest!!

Thank you, teapotters, for helping to brighten his days! I'm sending ya'll HUGE cyber hugs of love and appreciation!!

What a wonderful bunch of cards he has there....He kinda looks he's guarding them....Teehee....

Huge thanks to all you gal's who really go all out to spread the love to those around us...
Attached Thumbnails
terry-cards.jpg  

Old 01-09-2013, 02:55 AM   #117
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart THANK YOU FROM GABBY'S (gabalot) MOM

In three hours, my Mom will be headed to the hospital for her second surgery. Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers.

Mom doesn't "do" computers, so she wrote a note for you all and she asked me to "put it on there" for her. Here it is:

Thank you kind Teapotters for all your good wishes, prayers and beautiful cards and ornaments. I was totally surprised when I received the first card and then they just kept coming. I even got a couple in this New Year. I love the Christmas season but this holiday season, I was having a hard time finding the spirit. Each card touched my heart and brought the true spirit of Christmas to me. The true spirit being giving, caring, love and kindness shown to me by you. Until you receive them, you probably can't imagine the good feelings you get when total strangers send cards and messages to show they care.

Thank you also for your good thoughts, wishes and prayers for my surgery. They will be with me on Wed. Thanks to Rosalia and Cindy for all the work they did to have the Teaparty for me. And with all my heart, thank you my dear daughter, Gabby, for loving me enough and caring enough to reach out to your Teapotter friends to help bring the spirit to me. I love you very much.

To all, best wishes in this New Year. Sincerely, Marlene

Added by Gabby: From my heart to yours, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 AM   #118
Proud Fan Club Member

When you do read this Gabby, I hope that your Mom's surgery is done and was successful! I hope that she finds relief from the pain that has been with her. It was a joy to participate in the The Party for your Mom!

In my thoughts and prayers,
Jennifer

Jennifer
Old 01-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #119

Amen to the above. And thank you so much for sharing your mom's feelings with us. I'm so glad we were able to put a little spirit back in her holidays.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #120
PTL
Embossing Fanatic

I'm not sure if this is where I would say this but I just had to share, I got the sweetest thank you note from Gorge Anderson the Jack Russel card. It was just so thoughtful I wanted to send a thank for the thank you