Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Teapot Tuesday Extras (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesday-extras-f386/)
-   -   TEAPOT TUESDAY ~ SHOW AND TELL (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesday-extras-f386/teapot-tuesday-%7E-show-tell-t519235.html)

Mothermark 02-02-2011 03:42 AM

TEAPOT TUESDAY ~ SHOW AND TELL

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
SHOW AND TELL!

This is my story!

1. Didn't you just love Show and Tell in Kindergarten and Elementary School? Whenever you had something really cool that you wanted to show your friends you could bring it to school and do a show and tell. Show it off....

2. Well, I have been thinking about that and decided that would be cool for us teapotters! Yep, come here when you wanna show something cool to the rest of us.

3. But don't think we are not gonna have some rules! Snort! Well, just one! Don't show and tell about cards here! Nope the SCS galleries are for that! This is strictly for other things you wanna share that are cool. For instance, a cool picture of something amazing, a picture of a precious child, pet, or family accomplishment, a link that will take us somewhere to get a giggle, a fun teaparty related item, maybe a cool picture of a teapot you bumped into, etc. etc. etc. You get the picture right?

Now have fun, showing and telling, but don't embarrass anyone! Snort!

Mothermark 02-02-2011 03:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, I getta start off! Show and Tell ~ February 2, 2011

These are the funniest, coolest pictures that fellow teapotter, JoJot aka SnoSnot sent me. They were emailed to her by a friend. Its her friends daughter having a teaparty in the snow with her newly found snow-woman teaparty friend! Giggle! Precious! See attached pictures

mother's daughter 02-02-2011 06:58 AM

How sweet! Okay, now I have a question about this... yes, it may sound like a stupid question, but...
How do you get the attachments aka thumbnails on here?

Mothermark 02-02-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mother's daughter (Post 17903399)
How sweet! Okay, now I have a question about this... yes, it may sound like a stupid question, but...
How do you get the attachments aka thumbnails on here?

Attaching a Photo 101 (not a stupid question!)

When you are posting your comment like normal in the comment box, click on the go advanced box at the bottom. Then click on management attachments. Then browse your computer to find the photo, clicking on it to place it in the box, then hit upload and close out the window. You can click on preview message to make sure you see it attached! Easy Peasy!!!

mother's daughter 02-02-2011 07:33 AM

Thank you very much, Cindy!
Now if I can just get the female hummers to hold still while collecting the cotton... he he he

StampingQueenJAR 02-02-2011 08:27 AM

Those are the cutest pictures ever!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothermark (Post 17902493)

These are the funniest, coolest pictures that fellow teapotter, JoJot aka SnoSnot sent me. They were emailed to her by a friend. Its her friends daughter having a teaparty in the snow with her newly found snow-woman teaparty friend! Giggle! Precious! See attached pictures

LilLuvsStampin 02-02-2011 08:43 AM

What precious pictures!!! Doesn't it just make you wish you could join her at her little snow-woman tea party?

jaydekay 02-02-2011 08:51 AM

oh how precious!

wannabcre8tive 02-02-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

That is so sweet. Atleast one person is enjoying the snow.

crazykim 02-02-2011 11:55 AM

Zippidy Doo -- I love this -- My friend Nadine and I always ring each other when we have show and tell, and that is exactly what we say -- tee hee hee I have show-n-tell. We do this anytime we have a card we have made/received or a parcel or new craft stuff. Such good fun. Now that I know how to include a pic I will down load it off my phone and share it with you -- it is of a teapot - haha - that I spotted in a shop the other day. Could take us on many an adventure. Will do it when I get back. Awesome brain fart Miss Cindy ... luv ya xxxx

Mutnik 02-02-2011 12:30 PM

Oh Cindy you are always coming up with something new and fun......well not so new but still very fun! Can't wait to see something interesting. hehe :0)

mother's daughter 02-02-2011 12:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It's reeally hard to get these little buggers to hold still, but I got 1 shot that is fairly good.
Then, it's so beautiful here in Sonoma County, that we went to the beach today. This is at Salmon Creek State Beach. A wonderful day to be at the coast, little people and virtually no wind, unlike yesterday. I hope all that are snowbound enjoy these photos...

Francie G. 02-02-2011 01:24 PM

Great idea, Cindy!

Loved the precious tea party picture!

I'm drooling over the beach pictures. Sweet humming bird photo!

Barbarar20 02-02-2011 01:24 PM

How Wonderful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mother's daughter (Post 17905093)
It's reeally hard to get these little buggers to hold still, but I got 1 shot that is fairly good.

So exactly what and how do you provide cotton for them? I am in New York and feed them from Spring until Fall but have never thought about nesting material for them.

JD from PAUSA 02-02-2011 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a neat idea...another test today to see if I can upload an image.

I like all the photos that have been attached...the snow lady is really cute...as to the California pictures...well, they make me wish I could visit there again, but I dont think that's going to happen..:(

mother's daughter 02-02-2011 02:03 PM

In reply to you Barbarar20, I get the nesting balls at the Wild Birds Unltd. store, but they would be easy enough to make. You just need raw cotton and yarn pieces and hold this together with a very open netting tied at the top and bottom. The hummers know what to look for, as this is the second year I have had the balls for them. Other birds collect form the balls too. Even placing an old fashioned string mop outdoors will attract nesting birds for the materials. These are Anna's hummers and are here year around. Last year I had a female nesting in my wind chimes right out the front door.

Jill, I like your shot of the mourning doves sitting in front of the barbecue. It as if they are waiting for the heat to come on and warm them.

Mothermark 02-02-2011 02:13 PM

OMG! All you guys are bird experts! I didn't know cotton had sumthin to do with hummers.....and other birdies! Learn sumthin new every day! Jennifer, you are a lucky duck enjoying the beach when most of us are stuck in a snow bank or icicle as evidenced by Shirt's remark! Those are sure fat birdies Jill.....they been eating too much bbq! Snort!

Kim! I can't wait to see what you spotted! Tee hee! No telling...I mean look at how you are dressed in your avatar! Snort! Bwahaha!

mother's daughter 02-02-2011 02:27 PM

Okay, here's something that all of you may be able to add to your bookmarks or favorites
Webmarin 2010 - The view on the San Francisco Bay
I love to check this and several other webcams of Nat'l Parks daily. This one is good on clear nights too!

mother's daughter 02-02-2011 02:32 PM

Here's one for Pat Smethers. All I can say is Brrrrrrr....
Spring Creek Ranch Grand Teton Web Cam - ALLGrandTeton.com

salinelynn 02-03-2011 10:31 AM

Tenacious Tillie is giving it a whirl

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, this has NOTHING to do with the massive amounts of snow that we have here at the Grand River, or the wonderful hummingbird photos, or even the delightful tea party going on with the adorable little girl.

I am attempting to attach a fun birthday card that I frequently e-mail out to friends....and seeing if I can get through this technique. EASY PEASY MY FANNY!!! :) NONE of those controls or commands you spoke of, came up! Maybe my MAC is hardwired differently. Let's see if this wor4ks.

While I have NOT participated in any Teapot Tuesday escapades in MANY months, my life is in high gear on so many levels that my down time is SCARCE. BUT I do watch the blog and continue to enjoy everyone's fun cards. One of these days I will make a comeback.

Mutnik 02-03-2011 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my, Tenacious Tillie is darling all dressed up in pink with her finger pointing guns! hehe

I too want to try this photo attaching thing. So here goes.

But first a few words.....
You know they say fruit is good for you. Might want to re-think that one. Just look what it has done to this plum tree. Just a thought. hehe :0)

bryaj03 02-03-2011 01:54 PM

Age is a state of mind, or lack thereof...

Here is a link to a very funny video. Some of us can identify personally with it, some can identify a relative, Just divided by age. Memory - a spoof

mother's daughter 02-03-2011 02:09 PM

Mutnik, you know that when a plum gets old and wrinkly it's a prune.
My fingers are starting to look like that old tree...

bryaj03, great video, I can really relate to it and I'm not THAT old... he he he

foxy67 02-03-2011 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a really cool idea Cindy...Speaking of *cool*....This is a pic of the courtyard of the apt. bldg where I live. I think it's a *cool* pic.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...1&d=1296784631

Mothermark 02-03-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salinelynn (Post 17909518)
Ok, this has NOTHING to do with the massive amounts of snow that we have here at the Grand River, or the wonderful hummingbird photos, or even the delightful tea party going on with the adorable little girl.

I am attempting to attach a fun birthday card that I frequently e-mail out to friends....and seeing if I can get through this technique. EASY PEASY MY FANNY!!! :) NONE of those controls or commands you spoke of, came up! Maybe my MAC is hardwired differently. Let's see if this wor4ks.

While I have NOT participated in any Teapot Tuesday escapades in MANY months, my life is in high gear on so many levels that my down time is SCARCE. BUT I do watch the blog and continue to enjoy everyone's fun cards. One of these days I will make a comeback.

It is easy peasy Lynn! Snort! I was able to view your cool picture......funny little cowgirl lady.......you uploaded a pdf file....I think it works better if you load up a jpg file but I don't know what I am talking about!......I have no clue how a MAC works though I just wanted you to know i saw the cute pictue! I think I owe you an email.......yikes!

Mothermark 02-03-2011 05:21 PM

Hey Jennifer.....those live web cam thingys are the coolest......what fun!

Curthy...look at you....attaching pictures with the best of them! Wowza what an old skeery tree......bumpy ole bark......its skeerry.....as in Halloweeen scary!

foxy67 02-03-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salinelynn (Post 17909518)

OH!! I just love this...in my apt bldg a lady's b-day is in a few day's...I copy'd this..and am going to put it on a card for her...she'll love it...

Mothermark 02-03-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryaj03 (Post 17910397)
Here is a link to a very funny video. Some of us can identify personally with it, some can identify a relative, Just divided by age. Memory - a spoof

Ha ha! What a kick! Tee hee! Thanks for sharing girlfriend! She opens her mouth with that wonderful voice and then ........
Thanks for sharing.....I think! Ha!

foxy67 02-03-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutnik (Post 17910115)
Oh my, Tenacious Tillie is darling all dressed up in pink with her finger pointing guns! hehe

I too want to try this photo attaching thing. So here goes.

But first a few words.....
You know they say fruit is good for you. Might want to re-think that one. Just look what it has done to this plum tree. Just a thought. hehe :0)

YUKA YUKA YUKA

foxy67 02-03-2011 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is a pic of my neice Shari's new puppy...Isen't she adorable...Her name is Nessie.

foxy67 02-03-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

these are so cute Cindy.. Love the tea pot one....and that little girl looks so darling..

Mothermark 02-03-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy67 (Post 17911263)
This is a really cool idea Cindy...Speaking of *cool*....This is a pic of the courtyard of the apt. bldg where I live. I think it's a *cool* pic.

It looks calm and peaceful but that's alotta snow on that picnic table! You can keep that in Minnesota, Pat! Snort!

Mothermark 02-03-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy67 (Post 17911490)
this is a pic of my neice Shari's new puppy...Isen't she adorable...Her name is Nessie.

This musta been at Christmas....she's quite a bit bigger now! And full of it! Her teeth are razor sharp and she likes to bite my feet! She's adorable and fun and a stinker! Nessie's a little messy! Her toys are everywhere!

Mutnik 02-04-2011 06:22 AM

Good One!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryaj03 (Post 17910397)

How horrible, but I could actually relate to this lady's song. Thanks for the chuckles! :0)

Mutnik 02-04-2011 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy67 (Post 17911263)

Foxy those trees are beautiful! Now how do we get them on a card? hehe :0)

Mutnik 02-04-2011 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy67 (Post 17911490)

So this is what the white version looks like. What a sweet cuddly puppy Nessie is. OOOOOH! :0)

julsanne 02-05-2011 01:57 AM

I totally relate to the song. That was hilarious. Scary, but hilarious.

Mothermark 02-05-2011 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a stinkin' cloudy day here in Colorado.....Here is what it looks like in the sky!

julsanne 02-05-2011 05:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mudder, I think I saw that cloud this morning. Hehe. This is a shout out to IG loving Kendra (Wonderdogs) I also love IG's (Italian Greyhounds) and here is a pic of my Max. He's getting up there in age, almost 10, but he is the most loving, almost human, little guy ever. My pride and joy.

foxy67 02-05-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothermark (Post 17917039)
It's a stinkin' cloudy day here in Colorado.....Here is what it looks like in the sky!

HAHAHA....you know when u were a kid and u'd lay on the grass and try and make objects out of clouds......Well can't u vision Mothermark laying in the *snow* and seeing this.... of course a t-pot...what else!!!.....
I LOVE IT, CINDY!! Thanks for the chuckle!! I needed it!