||10-01-2013 12:09 PM
TCP Tuesday for October 2013
<a href="http://thecatspajamasrs.com/TCP/wp-content/uploads/TCPTuesdayBig.gif"><img class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-6980" alt="TCPTuesday" src="http://thecatspajamasrs.com/TCP/wp-content/uploads/TCPTuesdayBig.gif" width="320" height="190" />
Challenge: Anti-Embellishment Challenge </a>
It's the first Tuesday of the Month! Which means it's TCP Tuesday! That means it's challenge day!
Last month was the Paper Piecing challenge. This month it's an Embellishment challenge. Well, actually an anti-embellishment challenge.
I know that I love me some embellishments. Twine, buttons, gems. And, I heavy up on these to make a card. And, that it what happens. The card gets really heavy. And bulky. And hard to mail. So this challenge is about using minimal embellishments. No more than two. And, none of the three items I mentioned above. No twine, buttons, or gems.
That means that the rest of your card needs to really "Sing". Check out <a href="http://mylittlecreativeescape.blogspot.com/2013/10/tcptuesday-minimal-embellishments.html">Lisa</a>'s card. Her choice of paper, the Inside Pinking CutUps and the stitching really make sense in this card. And the simple staples in the corner bring your attention to the sentiment.
<a href="http://thecatspajamasrs.com/TCP/wp-content/uploads/Wendy11.jpg"><img class="alignleft" alt="Wendy" src="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-icT3D2uycjY/UksdkjlsigI/AAAAAAAAD-g/v8KpBLdzgnQ/s320/Wendy1.jpg" /></a>
<a href="http://wakeupwithwendy.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-cats-pajamas.html">Wendy's</a> fun card uses a shape she cut from her Silhouette. And, the embellishment? The knob on the TV.
This is a hard challenge. So hard, it took me a couple of days to come up with a card. And, here it is. We've been seeing a lot of flip cards, and I thought that I would make one with our "Framed Up" CutUps.
SQUEE! I loves it.
Now, you've seen what we did with the challenge. Let's see what you can do.
Here are the Deets
- The First Tuesday of the Month I will post a challenge on this blog. The challenge will also be posted on our Splitcoaststampers forum and on our Facebook page. If you want to play along you just upload your design right here on this page using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of this blog so you don't have to search around)
- If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers using keyword TCPTUESOct13
- The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
- Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
- On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
- The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
- The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and my Blog