Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/sweet-n-sassy-stamps-f329/)
-   -   What's your current "gotta-use-it"? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/sweet-n-sassy-stamps-f329/whats-your-current-gotta-use-t535725.html)

SweetnSassyStamps 08-17-2011 04:29 AM

What's your current "gotta-use-it"?

Is there something you see yourself grabbing EVERY time you sit down to make a card?

Maybe it's baker's twine, or ribbon, or perhaps buttons or border punches....share your current "can't live without it" :).

blessingsX3 08-17-2011 04:56 AM

well, there is one thing that I do use on every single card I make and I am lost when I don't have it. It is my perfect layers tool and exacto knife. I am very particular about my layers being even lol :)

SweetnSassyStamps 08-17-2011 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingsX3 (Post 18635528)
well, there is one thing that I do use on every single card I make and I am lost when I don't have it. It is my perfect layers tool and exacto knife. I am very **** about my layers being even lol :)

I *KNOW* this to be true :)!! Love ya, girlfriend ;).

carol_PA925 08-17-2011 05:56 AM

I can't live without my Scor-Pal, ATG gun and a variety of embossing folders!

stagccva 08-17-2011 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingsX3 (Post 18635528)
well, there is one thing that I do use on every single card I make and I am lost when I don't have it. It is my perfect layers tool and exacto knife. I am very **** about my layers being even lol :)

Oooohhhh...you said something that got asterisk-ed out! Bwahahahahaha!

But I'm with you on that one - my OCD takes over!

stagccva 08-17-2011 06:47 AM

I'm currently loving little tiny rhinestones.

I cannot seem to craft without my Nestabilites, and pop-dots (or some sort of dimensional tape/foam).

I've also challenge myself to NOT use Kraft card stock for a week. I have a minor obsession with it. It's not going so well, lol1

erika348 08-17-2011 12:47 PM

For mr it's Copics. I simply cannot not use them.

UnderstandBlue 08-17-2011 12:47 PM

I just developed - well re-developed - an obsession with my colored pencils and Zest-It blender. I think everything I've done this week has been colored that way.

SweetnSassyStamps 08-17-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Understandblue (Post 18637030)
I just developed - well re-developed - an obsession with my colored pencils and Zest-It blender. I think everything I've done this week has been colored that way.

I don't believe I know what that is....a Zest-It blender?? Do tell :).

UnderstandBlue 08-17-2011 12:53 PM

I'm a Zest-It freak! :D It's an all natural blending oil - so it's like OMS except it's made from oranges so it's not a chemical blend. My whole room smells like oranges when I color and I just love it.

They have a couple different blends - I use the pencil blend but they have other mediums. And it comes from the UK but it ships fast.

Oil Painting with Zest-it

blessingsX3 08-18-2011 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagccva (Post 18635980)
Oooohhhh...you said something that got asterisk-ed out! Bwahahahahaha!

But I'm with you on that one - my OCD takes over!

oh my, I have never been edited before lol. I am so not a morning person so I was probably still half asleep.

stagccva 08-18-2011 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingsX3 (Post 18638751)
oh my, I have never been edited before lol. I am so not a morning person so I was probably still half asleep.

It made me laugh SO much - and I totally appreciate that! I am spacebar impaired, so it happens to me frequently (by typo) and I have to fix it, lol.

Hope you have a great day!

stagccva 08-18-2011 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Understandblue (Post 18637030)

For realz - the butterfly card on your blog yesterday was uh-may-zing!

UnderstandBlue 08-18-2011 06:16 AM

I'm so mad about the one I did yesterday and didn't snap a pic of! It was the cutest little blue elephant!!

SweetnSassyStamps 08-18-2011 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Understandblue (Post 18638938)
I'm so mad about the one I did yesterday and didn't snap a pic of! It was the cutest little blue elephant!!

At least you are sending your cards :)! Most of the time I make them and they sit here for months...I love making them, but I am not the greatest and actually mailing them! lol

UnderstandBlue 08-18-2011 06:26 AM

I didn't say it was a regular occurrence - LOL!

Hey - we should have a challenge where we have to mail a card once a week!

SweetnSassyStamps 08-18-2011 06:30 AM

Hehe...ok....then I don't feel so bad ;).

A weekly card-mailing challenge, aye.....I think I feel a RAK sign-up coming on ;).....

PedalPower 08-18-2011 06:38 AM

Right now, I am really enjoying my Copics. I like to stamp onto a shape that I cut out of my Cricut Elegant Edges cart then color away...it's relaxing to me!

SweetnSassyStamps 08-18-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedalPower (Post 18639014)
Right now, I am really enjoying my Copics. I like to stamp onto a shape that I cut out of my Cricut Elegant Edges cart then color away...it's relaxing to me!

I am so with you there! Coloring is awesome therapy :). And I love me some Copics!! ;)

SageBrush 08-18-2011 06:44 AM

I'll have to agree that I currently "gotta use" my Copics. Since I just invested in all those pretty colors, I better use them!

stagccva 08-18-2011 06:48 AM

I had to do a "no marker" challenge recently, and we HAD to color with something. It took me hours, lol - I was at a loss!

I ended up borrowing DD's colored pencils ;)

Schofield27 08-18-2011 07:26 AM

I seem to be a bit obsessed with rhinestones lately...always three of them per card and sometimes those big swirly ones! Love 'em!

cathymac 08-18-2011 08:07 AM

I am totally with you on this one! I have recently joined the encouragement ministry at my church which forces me to mail cards!

As far as my must use...COPICS, ribbon or twine, Nesties, and my canvas impression plate!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetnsassystamps (Post 18638951)
At least you are sending your cards :)! Most of the time I make them and they sit here for months...I love making them, but I am not the greatest and actually mailing them! lol

stamptician 08-18-2011 08:53 AM

I never create without my distress inks and edge distresser. Also, my Elegant Edges and Lacy Labels Cricut Cartridges since I only have one set of Nestabilities. Oh, and Stampin' Up! cardstock!

sasha728 08-18-2011 05:51 PM

My nesties, ATG gun, and paper trimmer are gotta-haves.

I like the RAK idea.

stamptician 08-18-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasha728 (Post 18641121)
My nesties, ATG gun, and paper trimmer are gotta-haves.

I like the RAK idea.

I just got an ATG gun this year! How happy was I?http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...whoopdedoo.gifhttp://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...whoopdedoo.gif

sillyfilly 08-18-2011 07:16 PM

I always reach for my Nesties, ( I should own stock ) my embossing folders, ATG, ribbon and pearls or rhinestones. I have to convince myself a card is fine w/o ribbon! Right now I am loving twine. I am trying to make my cards more post office friendly. I made a Christmas card yesterday and I could mail it in a regular envelope!!

sc magnolia 08-18-2011 07:54 PM

Hmmm paper cutter and double stick tape dispenser. Oh and I do use Prisma colored pencils and gold leafing pen fairly often.

KalaKitty 08-18-2011 08:36 PM

It's always my Carl cutter and my scor-buddy (or Simply Scored now that I have one).

Lately I have been using embossing powder on almost all of my cards.

susie australia 08-18-2011 10:56 PM

Scor pal and "Black Soot" Tim Holtz Distress Ink - great for using on cut-out images, stamps etc. The black ink makes edges look perfect!!!!

SweetnSassyStamps 08-19-2011 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamptician (Post 18641351)

I love my ATG gun. It took me a while to jump on that bandwagon, but I am glad I did :). Don't you like yours?

SweetnSassyStamps 08-19-2011 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyfilly (Post 18641373)
I always reach for my Nesties, ( I should own stock ) my embossing folders, ATG, ribbon and pearls or rhinestones. I have to convince myself a card is fine w/o ribbon! Right now I am loving twine. I am trying to make my cards more post office friendly. I made a Christmas card yesterday and I could mail it in a regular envelope!!

I hear you! LOVE those Nesties :) which is why I am super excited about our new line of dies :). Squeee!!! I think we are on the exact same page....I love ribbon and pearls and struggle not putting ribbon on every card ;). And that baker's twine is so much fun, isn't it?

Yay for the regular envelope card :)!!!

SweetnSassyStamps 08-19-2011 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnolia (Post 18641446)
Hmmm paper cutter and double stick tape dispenser. Oh and I do use Prisma colored pencils and gold leafing pen fairly often.

Ooooohhh, gold leafing pen? I don't believe I have ever used on of those. What do you do with it? I'd love to see. Sounds very pretty :).

SweetnSassyStamps 08-19-2011 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie australia (Post 18641700)
The black ink makes edges look perfect!!!!

LOVE that :)!!

SweetnSassyStamps 08-19-2011 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalaKitty (Post 18641535)
It's always my Carl cutter and my scor-buddy (or Simply Scored now that I have one).

Lately I have been using embossing powder on almost all of my cards.

I haven't embossed on a card in ages. Maybe I'll have to break the stuff out again :). Thanks for the reminder :)!!

SweetnSassyStamps 08-19-2011 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathymac (Post 18639298)
I am totally with you on this one! I have recently joined the encouragement ministry at my church which forces me to mail cards!

As far as my must use...COPICS, ribbon or twine, Nesties, and my canvas impression plate!

What's a canvas impression plate, Cathy? Is it for dry embossing?

SweetnSassyStamps 08-19-2011 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schofield27 (Post 18639173)
I seem to be a bit obsessed with rhinestones lately...always three of them per card and sometimes those big swirly ones! Love 'em!

Love the big swirly ones....and the pearl swirlies, too :)

stagccva 08-19-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyfilly (Post 18641373)

I'm with you - less lumps! I love ribbon, but the extra postage is silly. So I'm trying to go more "post office friendly" too! Plus, I give cards as gifts, and I don't want other to have to add extra postage (or try to mail it and not realize it needed extra).

TheBugstampinmomma 08-19-2011 05:59 AM

Glad I am not the only one who NEVER sends cards. My neighbor had a baby, I pulled the card out, and it is still sitting here waiting to be mailed. The baby is 2 months old...LOL

sc magnolia 08-19-2011 07:45 AM

I use gold leafing pens (and silver and copper) to edge cards, and/or the cardstock frame behind the image. Just run it over the edge, and it makes such a nice polished look.... makes it POP.

I also use them when making polished stone backgrounds.