Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #161
Stazon Splitcoast

Laura- hope your appointment goes well on Wednesday!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:24 AM   #162
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to jthoman
Default Last evening...

the nausea seemed to be more "normal" for me. When I started feeling crappy, I'd eat something and it went away for a while. Sleeping last night seemed like a chore. 45 minutes after I went to bed, i started coughing my head off from drainage. I didn't want to take anything, so I was afraid I would have to sleep sitting up, but after that it didn't really bother me. I'm starting to have the weirdest dreams too! STRANGE...

Freezing rain here this AM, not sure the temp, but it was a terrible commute to work! I kept slipping walking across the road and up the driveway! HEHE...our house is only 100 yards or so from work.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:40 AM   #163
Stazon Splitcoast

Jaci - aww... I hope you got some sleep. I had sleeping problems yesterday too... but I think it's because I didn't get to do anything active yesterday... not even a walk. It's just to cold to go out.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:52 AM   #164
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to swtlilhickey

Hi Everyone! I had my first OB appt. last Friday. Thank goodness I found a new OBGYN!! I had started cramping and hurting in my lower right abdomen last week. He insisted that I come in and get checked out. He did blood work and vaginal U/S. It was awesome to see the U/S. The blood work came back mostly okay. The first numbers were 5000 on Friday and jumped to 8900 by Sunday. He said that was good. The other number was only 15.7 and he said it should be closer to 20. He has called in a prescription for me. I go back this Friday for another U/S and to hopefully see the heartbeat. Of course, we won't be able to hear it just yet but we can at least see it (I hope!). The cramping has eased up a lot but I still have some discomfort on the lower right side of my abdomen. I am taking things VERY easy for a while until he says all is well. I am at 5 weeks now. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding at all. To me that is encouraging!!

And I am ALL FOR finding out the sex of the baby. We will need to know how to shop. We won't be having a baby shower so we are trying to plan things out ahead of time. We can start buying all those non-gender specific items as soon as the dr. gives us the okay.

I hope everyone is able to get lots of rest!! It seems like we need it these days. How is everyone doing with the caffeine thing? I have taken myself completely off caffeine for now. My doctor whole heartedly agreed with me.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:09 AM   #165
Crimping Master

Hi Karen!! So good to hear from you!! Aren't these weeks just nerve racking--every little thing, not sure you should be worried or not. I had 5 blood tests done in a week and half's time because of various things. I have weened myself from caffeine pretty good. Surprisingly, I am not craving it either. Based on some information I received from my OBGyn the real culprit is coffee and tea--they have higher amounts of caffeine than soda. According to the information you can still have some caffeine each day, I can't remember how much exactly, so it was good to hear if I need to have a soda, I can have it guilt free!!

I'll be thinking of you, hope things continue to go real well for you!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #166
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, glad things are looking better. I completely cut caffeine too... and it was hard. I think the worst was end of semester last semester (in Univ), and studying... it was brutal.. But overall I'm doing ok. As long as someone doesn't have a latte near me... I'm ok (I'm liable to fight them off for it some days). Very occasionally I've had iced tea.... but that's very rare. I don't drink soda, so if I want something other than water when we're out, that's sometimes the only option. It gets better with the caffeine though. Now if I have the slightest bit it really affects me.

Vanessa - my dr just said no coffee and tea. But I took it a little further.... except I'm not willing to give up chocolate.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #167
Glitter Guru

Default So sorry to hear your having a scare Karen...

not spotting is a great thing! and that the blood tests showed everything is pretty good is great. Your progesterone is probably a little low and that's why you are getting scrip. I had the same thing. I'm off it now and doing fine.

I never really had a lot of caffeine before so it's not a big deal for me. I do like iced tea, so I settle for water or sprite if decaf is not available. I keep saying that I need to put some tea bags in my purse, so if a restaurant doesn't have a decaf option that I can get hot water and a glass of ice and make my own iced tea.

First ob/gyn appt tomorrow, can't wait. Just want to know that everything is okay and we are out of the woods! Not sure if they will send me for a u/s or not. They said they probably would, but you never know till you get there. I don't even know which doc I'm going to see. I know that the bigger practices have you see all the docs, so I'll probably be seeing all of them over time. I went to this office several years ago and saw one of the docs. When I had the stomach flu the other weekend, I talked to a different doc and she seemed really nice, so we'll see.

I know that everything I read said it's still too early for me to feel the baby, but sometimes I swear I can feel it move. In the evenings, I usually sit with my feet up on the couch and if I have my knees up, it puts pressure on my uterus and sometimes i feel a little tickle/spasm-like thing down there. Right now I have my belly belt on so it's putting pressure on it and I feel it again. Could it be?

I'm overweight and I had a belly before the pregnancy, are they going to be able to find the heartbeat with doppler or do an external u/s to see the baby or will it be an internal again. That's all I've had so far, but they were about 8 and 10 weeks.

I did get some sleep last night, but I wake up 4-5 times a night to go to the bathroom and change sleeping positions. I've been using the body pillow and I've finally got the positions down. I've been so tired the last few days though. I thought fatigue was supposed to start easing up by now. I need a nap, it's so hard to concentrate when I'm feeling exhausted.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #168
Glitter Guru

Default Names...

I don't know if I mentioned this here before or not. I have an unusual name and although I got annoyed with everyone pronouncing it incorrectly, I really liked not having anyone in the my classes that had the same name. I've met several people who spelled it differently, but only 2 that spelled it the same way. I've only met 5 or so people total that had the same name at all. I always wanted to give my children, unusual, but easy to pronounce and spell names. Every name that I liked so far seems way too common for me. When I search the Social security website, my name is not in the top 1000 for the past 15 years. I would like to have names similar for my children. Or names that at least are not more common than 900 in the past 16 years. My name is Jaci Lynne (first name pronouced JAY-see). I just found a name I think would really suit and it is the combo of my first and middle name. What do you think about Jalynne? I'm thinking Jalynne Marie Thoman. I liked Jayla, Alayna, and such, but they are pretty common. For a boy, I just found Coen. My husband wants to use his first name as the middle name, but there aren't too many names that would work with it. everything i seem to like ends with an, en, on, in or such. But Coen Jason Thoman would be too much. What nicknames can you think of for Jalynne?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #169
Crimping Master

Tamara, I am not giving up chocolate either--lol!! I think I had my first really mild spell of morning sickness this weekend, and all I wanted was a Snickers candy bar--lol!! It was the only thing that didn't make me want to throw up when I thought about it.

Jaci--I am having problems sleeping too!! I just can't seem to get comfortable, at all. And I am constantly going to the bathroom. I can't imagine what it is going to be like months from now. Especially since I am not as big as I am going to get.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #170
Insane Embellisher

I had a hard time giving up the coffee at first (until the nausea kicked in and now the thought of coffee is revolting!) My doctor's point of view is moderation as far as caffeine but I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Jaci - I like the names you are thinking about. Jalynne is very pretty. I like Coen too - I've only heard that once before (there's another SCS'r who has has a grandson with that name except spelled with a K). I'm of the similar mindset that I want a name that is not too common and somewhat different, but not hard to spell or pronounce and is not gender ambiguous. Not too picky, right?!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #171
Glitter Guru

Default I don't really feel like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinemissV View Post
Tamara, I am not giving up chocolate either--lol!! I think I had my first really mild spell of morning sickness this weekend, and all I wanted was a Snickers candy bar--lol!! It was the only thing that didn't make me want to throw up when I thought about it.

Jaci--I am having problems sleeping too!! I just can't seem to get comfortable, at all. And I am constantly going to the bathroom. I can't imagine what it is going to be like months from now. Especially since I am not as big as I am going to get.
eating chocolate. I've had a little bit, but some dairy products seem to turn my stomach at the thought of them. I used to be a BIG ice cream nut. I could eat ice cream everyday. Now I can't even think about it. I don't like coffee, so that's not even an issue...

Invest in a body pillow. In a few weeks your belly is going to start pulling and stretching and it's nice to have the support for it to keep that from bothering you at night. It's also good to prop your leg up on to help with hip problems. When I gained weight, I had terrible hip problems. Between weight loss and my chiro, they were pretty good before being preggo.

Mullycat, I'm glad you liked the names I mentioned. I too want a name that is either masculine or feminine. I used to like the name Jayden, but I think that could be used either way and I look at all possible angles to prevent my child from getting picked on! I like the name tucker, but I could only imagine the nicknames kids would come up with for that one! It's hard to come up with unusual but SANE names. I was looking at the SS site and I couldn't believe the spellings of some of the names or even some of the names that are on the top 1000 for last year! SCARY!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #172
Glitter Guru

Default Who was looking for sheep!

I was checking online for tigger sets and I found one with sheep. Thought I'd post so you can check it out.

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6H.aspx?DeptID=42249&CatID=42342&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemI D=128e014&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=42249|42330 |42341|42342
Old 01-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #173
Crimping Master

Default ME!ME!ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthoman View Post
I was checking online for tigger sets and I found one with sheep. Thought I'd post so you can check it out.

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6H.aspx?DeptID=42249&CatID=42342&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemI D=128e014&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=42249|42330 |42341|42342
It was me!! I copied this to my browser and it came back saying it was not available at this time. Hmmph?? I'll have to try a keyword search maybe.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #174
Glitter Guru

Default That sucks!

go to Jcpenney.com and click on baby and then baby bedding. There are 181 items and it's towards the bottom half.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #175
Insane Embellisher

Had to check out the sheep stuff - it's ****** "Sweet Vanilla". Very cute! Great find Jaci! Some of the pics featured round cribs - how cool are they?!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #176
Glitter Guru

Round cribs...I was thinking "how practical would that be"? MIL is buying our crib for us and she is going to get a modular crib because she likes to buy nice oak furniture that will last and she's planning to buy all the extra pieces too so that we will only have to buy mattress when the time comes. I don't see the point of just buying a crib anymore because you use it for how long and then what do you do with it? A modular one can be used forever!

I still haven't found tigger bedding that I really like. It all has pooh and some of the others too and so far all that I have found were neutral which is a plus, but they are just alright. I've got a while so I'll keep looking. I wish you could buy everything from cribset to stroller to diaper bag the same. That would be so nice! I'm weird like that, I like things to match.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #177
Stazon Splitcoast

Jaci - have you looked at fabrics? You could recruit someone to do the bedding with the fabric you like.. (and probably get them to make a few matching items). Just a thought.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #178
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm enjoying an afternoon of stamping and organizing. Haven't gotten to play with my stuff in ages!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:40 AM   #179
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to swtlilhickey

Well, it is nice to hear I am not the only having a hard time sleeping. I just can't get comfortable! It is sooo frustrating. I also have problems with my hips which doesn't help at all!!

I love the names you have mentioned so far Jaci. DH and I have already been discussing names. We have pretty much decided on both names now. I am the super mega planner. I have bedding picked out for a girl and I know what I want for a boy but I haven't found the "right one" yet. But at least I know what I want!

This thread is very helpful! When the dr. told me I would need the Progesterone (sp.) scrip it didn't alarm me to much because I had already read about it here. Most of the things the dr. is bringing up doesn't throw me off guard because I have either learned about here or on the TTC thread. So I consider myself a little ahead of the game in some areas. I have to say a big THANK YOU to all of you ladies for sharing all of this valuable information. It really does help!!!

Have a great day ladies. I'll check back with you later.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:14 AM   #180
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone slept well last night!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #181
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to StampinNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtlilhickey View Post
I go back this Friday for another U/S and to hopefully see the heartbeat. Of course, we won't be able to hear it just yet but we can at least see it (I hope!). The cramping has eased up a lot but I still have some discomfort on the lower right side of my abdomen. I am taking things VERY easy for a while until he says all is well. I am at 5 weeks now.
Karen-

Just don't freak if you don't see the heartbeat just yet. I didn't get to see the heartbeat until 7 weeks. We also got to hear it then as well! My doctor said that it was normal NOT to see the heartbeat at 5 or 6 weeks. You may get to see a little bit of a flutter, but not really a heartbeat just yet I hope that you are feeling much better today.

As for me, I got about 14 hours of sleep last night. Oh my gosh that is all I want to do lately. DH just teases me and says that I am old, but at least I am not as old as he is
Old 01-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #182
Insane Embellisher

Jaci & Laura - hoping your appointments today went well! We'll be waiting for the reports!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #183
Mad Swapper

I'm here waiting too!!!

it is amazing to me how fast time has flown by... my DH & i thought at the beginning of this whole adventure we had plenty of time to get things set up... but starting next appt i will be going to dr every 2 weeks!! and have only 3 more months...

soo... i have come to realize that i need to get my non-baby scrapbooks rolling and i mean ROLLING!!!!! i found a magazine that gave some good suggestions for simpler layouts and organizing things - now i just have to apply all these things!! ha ha - easier said than done!!

our baby is so active now and likes to thump me from the inside all day

Lovin' Being a Stampin Up! Demonstrator!!
Slowly adding to my gallery! Would love to know what you think!http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=60838
Old 01-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #184
Polyshrink Goddess

wow how often were you going to the doctor before? I go every 2 weeks now, but I am super high risk :/ I am supposed to go 2 times a week, but the doctor wants to try the 2 week thing this time and then go from there.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #185
Mad Swapper

I've been going every 4 weeks since we 1st found out we were having a baby... and we will start having monthly U/S to check growth since i am AMA (advanced maternal age) and have blood pressure that keeps threatening to go higher... so we get more visits and more ultrasounds... so far I've had 3. 1st at 6 weeks (we DID get to see and hear heartbeat from the outside ); 2nd at 12 weeks when i had CVS done; 3rd at 20 weeks (the "big" one that checks all the body systems) - it's been so awesome to get to see our little one. my dh loves to come to those visits and stare at the screen.

Slowly adding to my gallery! Would love to know what you think!http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=60838
Old 01-31-2008, 08:39 AM   #186
Glitter Guru

Default I'm back!

Only met with the nurse yesterday. She was very nice. It was like the first appt I'm sure you all have had. She just asked all kinds of questions about everything, answered all my questions and gave me some presents! I got a journal and a changing pad from the formula companies and a whole bag of pregnancy magazines! Lots of reading to do...She tried to use the doppler (I think that's what it's called) to find the heartbeat, but she warned me that she is not very good at finding it so early and the machine was getting a lot of feedback (I think it was because it was so windy outside) so we couldn't really hear the heartbeat. She did get a reading on the screen of hb in the 180s so it had to be the baby.

I go in on monday evening for another u/s. She wasn't going to have one done since I already had two, but since neither were paid by insurance, the insurance will pay for this one as if it were my first. Since dh and my mom already went, I asked MIL if she wanted to go. I'm excited, at least it's only a few days away! The paper they gave me said I could bring along a vhs tape to have it recorded. My parents got me a vcr to dvd recorder for x-mas, so I can save it to CD and then put it in my scrapbook! My first appt with the doc is on the 18th. I will be going every 4 weeks till 28 weeks. Nurse told me we couldn't find out the sex until 24th week. I read in one of the mags last night about the POAS tests for gender and I was thinking about checking them out online today.

I did get prenatal vitamins to help with constipation, nausea and fatigue. So far I think it helped the fatigue and the constipation some but the nausea is not any better. Only took one so far, so we'll have to wait and see.

We went crib shopping with my in-laws last evening. MIL wants to buy Amish-made furniture (high quality oak) and the crib and changing table we picked is like $2500. I'm glad I'm not paying for it! I also found a glider rocker that I LOVE at the same store, so we will probably be getting that too. I'm going to wait till after Monday to order, but it takes 8-16 weeks for the furniture to be custom-made! Good thing we didn't wait too long!

I haven't started looking at fabrics yet, but we will have to pick some out because our high chair is oak and it has no padding. MIL is going to make a bad for it.

I'LL BE 12 WEEKS TOMORROW!!!!! Nurse said they consider that the end of the first tri-mester! Onto number 2!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:44 AM   #187
Polyshrink Goddess

Jaci tell me more about the POAS test for gender....I can't find anything online for it.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:52 AM   #188
Glitter Guru

Default The gender predictor is from

Intelligender. I typed in gender determination and did a search and it came right up. I was looking for others, but that was the only one that you could do at home the rest were DNA that you had to mail out. It costs $30, so I'm not sure if I want to do it or not. And you have to be at least 10 weeks.

Now I think I'm coming down with a cold or something. I've been coughing ever since I got to work nearly 3 hours ago and no matter how much I cough, the feeling of needing to cough never goes away. Come on, haven't I suffered enough with the stomach flu! I was really cold this AM before I came to work, but didn't take my temp, I just thought it was cold in the house, now I'm starting to think I should have taken it. I hope it doesn't turn into the flu or bronchitis or anything like that!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:32 PM   #189
Insane Embellisher

Jaci - hope your cold doesn't progress and goes away soon. You definitely do not deserve another round of flu-like symptoms!

My dad sent me an article from today's Wall Street Journal about how the US is re-vamping it's car seat rating system - I thought this link might be helpful. Haven't completely checked it out yet.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:35 PM   #190
Glitter Guru

Default THANKS! I hope you are RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullycat View Post
Jaci - hope your cold doesn't progress and goes away soon. You definitely do not deserve another round of flu-like symptoms!

My dad sent me an article from today's Wall Street Journal about how the US is re-vamping it's car seat rating system - I thought this link might be helpful. Haven't completely checked it out yet.
I'll have to check out that link when I get a chance. Thanks for posting it.

So how far along is everyone else now?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #191
Mad Swapper

I read about the Intelligender test on the whattoexpect website... it sure sounds a lot like the old pee on Drano test!!! but who knows - maybe there is some truth to it??? I didn't use it, but sure was tempted!!

am now 26 weeks and feeling very much like it!! ha ha!! so far 3 people have asked me if i am sure that i am not having twins... i think i have gained only 6 pounds (maybe...) so far and I wasn't really big to start with. of course, the people who've asked have all been significantly taller than i (i'm just under 5ft, 4'11.5"!!!) and my DH is 5'11" so this baby is taking up a lot of space relative to my size!!

the baby has been very active the past couple of days. i told my DH i think it is b/c i got nervous one morning when i woke up randomly at 5am!! and didn't feel anything... so i poked him a little bit - since then he has been MUCH more active, i guess he doesn't want me to poke him

sorry to hear that you are not feeling great, Jaci. I stayed home sick AGAIN today - my head is just so congested that i can't sleep and feels YUCKY!!! (whine... whine...)

yuko

Old 01-31-2008, 03:17 PM   #192
Crimping Master

Default 7 Weeks and 3 days

I had to go in for another U/S yesterday. I started spotting again on Tuesday night, only this time, it was red, red. Scared me to death. I could definitely tell the difference from the first time I spotted compared to Tuesday. They told me to come in, she took a look around and said everything is just fine. The baby has even gotten bigger since last week and man, we could really see the heart beating. The U/S was right on target with last week's, so, on Monday, I will be at the 8 week mark. I tell you, you don't know how bad I want to be at week 13 right now!!!

If I listen to the women in my family, I am going to have a boy because of the spotting. They each claim, that, when they were pregnant with my brothers/nephews, they spotted. So, we'll see. Maybe I won't need the Drano test afterall--LOL!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:35 AM   #193
Glitter Guru

Good luck V, keeping you in my prayers. Only popped into work today to pay bills, I think I have the flu, fever, achy, headach and terrible cough. Going home now and will call the doc when the open in a half hour. THIS SUCKS!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #194
Kookie Creator

Jaci-feel better, it stinks not feeling good.

I came across this thread about baby slings, always good to hear firsthand advice.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...55#post7959855
Old 02-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #195
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by yytx View Post
so far 3 people have asked me if i am sure that i am not having twins... i think i have gained only 6 pounds (maybe...) so far and I wasn't really big to start with. of course, the people who've asked have all been significantly taller than i (i'm just under 5ft, 4'11.5"!!!) and my DH is 5'11" so this baby is taking up a lot of space relative to my size!!
yuko
Isn't it funny the stuff people ask? I'm only 10 weeks but went to the dentist the other day and of course told them and the first thing the hygienist asked was whether it was planned or an oops! I couldn't believe it!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #196
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to jzig

Well, I guess after THREE positive pregnancy tests, I get to join this group!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Okay, so I know when we conceived, but according to "medical world" I guess I'm 4 weeks. I have to go to the military hospital on Monday to do a test for them to confirm, and then they will put me in the system for everything. It's going to be interesting seeing how it all plays out, because we're supposed to move in December. I'm kind of hoping this will make the military move us early...or at least let us go back to the States to give birth. I'm freaked out about giving birth over here, because I've been told our maternity clinic will be closing down for renovations and other things for an extensive period this year. Should be fun.

In any case, I'm really excited, totally nervous that I'm not further along and just WANT to be out of the 1st trimester. I've literally told everyone I work with...it's as if I couldn't keep the words out of my mouth! But, in retrospect, while I should have waited until I was further along, I'm glad I have a close-knit support around me that can rally in case anything happens. I just like to be prepared.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #197
Insane Embellisher

Congratulations Jennifer!!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #198
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to jzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullycat View Post
Isn't it funny the stuff people ask? I'm only 10 weeks but went to the dentist the other day and of course told them and the first thing the hygienist asked was whether it was planned or an oops! I couldn't believe it!
You should have come back with some smart-*** comment like, "Oh well it was as planned as your 80's hairstyle." Or even more blunt, "Wow, what's your name again? You must be a good friend of mine that I don't remember because only my good friends can ask me a question like that. How about we get on with the cleaning?" Of couse, then she'd probably just jam the stuff into your gums....so I'm sure it's best to just smile and snicker.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #199
Glitter Guru

Default Welcome Jennifer!

Don't worry, your first trimester will just fly by. Isn't it neat to find out that you are already considered 4 weeks when you discover you are expecting. That made me feel a little better that I only had to wait two months for the end of the first trimester. I've made it and I've been terribly sick two times already!

I can't believe the comment from the hygenist. I finally told the school district I work with for taxes and I was feeling really sick when I told her, so I guess I didn't sound really excited and she asked if it was a good thing. That caught me off guard too.

Well, I ended up at the family doctor and took the last two days off work. I thought I had the flu, but the doctor did a rapid flu test and it came back negative. They said I have a viral infection. I was told I could take cough syrup and use vicks. I've also had a fever for the last 2 days. And it would jump higher after i'd take tylenol, so I called the ob last evening but he told me there wasn't much that could be done. Never did go over 101.8, but they say it's bad for it to be over 102 when pregnant. I'm starting to feel a little better now. The cough is getting a little better, but now I'm starting to sneeze. I can't wait to feel better. So sick 2 times in 2 weeks. I never get sick like this! So glad that I have the u/s on monday evening to check that everything is okay with the baby after being sick. Then we get to order the crib, changing table and rocker!

Hope everyone is having a better weekend than I am!
Old 02-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #200
Crimping Master

Jaci--I have been sick too. Pretty much the same thing as you. I called my OB on Friday and she said it sounded viral and that all I could do was take extra-strength tylenol or sudafed, and just drink lots of liquids and rest. I thought I was feeling better today, so we ran out to run some errands, and it just hit me like a ton of bricks. Spent the rest of the afternoon in bed. I am getting ready to take a shower and hit the bed. I hope I get better before Monday. It will really stink having to cope with chills/hot/cold/achy stuff all day at work.