Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 AM   #121
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to jthoman
Default Back to work for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristransue View Post
don't do too much too soon Jaci, make sure you are feeling well enough to get back at work, and stay hydrated, that is most important.
I know I need to drink more, when I go to the bathroom, it is DARK yellow. I'm feeling okay this AM. DH has some stuff to pick up and deliver for the shop, so he has to leave this AM. I have to be here at least till he gets back. I mostly sit at my desk all day, so it's not like my job is too strenuous and I refuse to help anyone lift anything heavy when they bring it in to drop off or come to pick up. I may go home to take a nap this afternoon.

Right now I'm freaking out about the baby. I know I'm at the point where the placenta starts taking over, so things can change, but I'm so scared about miscarriage. My breasts have not been really tender at all so far and today they aren't at all but my progesterone was low so I was on a supplement until Saturday. They still have the tubercuoles or whatever they are called. I'm sure I lost some weight over the last two days, my belly seems smaller, but not eating/keeping anything down for more than 24 hours can do that. But if Kris can go through it three times by 24 weeks, and everything's fine, one time at 10 weeks should be okay. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about it at all. I have to try to relax till next appt on the 30th. That's two days shy of 12 weeks. My biggest fear is because I know a few people who had miscarriages in the last few months right at 12 weeks. But neither of them had u/s or bloodwork at this point. If I didn't have the bloodwork, I'd probably have had a miscarriage because of my prog being low. I've had to u/s and everything looked great, 2nd one baby was moving around great and had grown properly! I would like to think that if it took us so long to get pregnant and it finally happened against the odds that it's going to work out and be just fine, but that isn't always the case.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #122
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Yahoo to kristransue

Oh Jaci, try not to worry. I know it is hard. Sometimes when I am at work it is hard not to think of the possibility of losses. Statistics are in your favor if you are 10 weeks, baby is growing as scheduled, and your bloodwork is fine. Oh, and seeing the heartbeat is one of the best indicators that things are going really well.

As far as being sick, keep this in mind. That little baby is more like a parasite at this point. If it needs something and you have it to give it will take it. Baby is not really being deprived of anything in the event of the stomach flu or other short lived illness.

To know you are hydrated, you should not have any color at all to your urine. This is sometimes hard to achieve, but that is the goal.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 01-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #123
Glitter Guru

Default Thanks Kris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristransue View Post
Oh Jaci, try not to worry. I know it is hard. Sometimes when I am at work it is hard not to think of the possibility of losses. Statistics are in your favor if you are 10 weeks, baby is growing as scheduled, and your bloodwork is fine. Oh, and seeing the heartbeat is one of the best indicators that things are going really well.

As far as being sick, keep this in mind. That little baby is more like a parasite at this point. If it needs something and you have it to give it will take it. Baby is not really being deprived of anything in the event of the stomach flu or other short lived illness.

To know you are hydrated, you should not have any color at all to your urine. This is sometimes hard to achieve, but that is the goal.

I thought if I made it past 8 weeks I was pretty good, but my doctor said that most miscarriages happen between 8 and 12 weeks. But the 3 people that I know that had them this summer were on their first pregnancy, one had not been using b/c for 17 years and never concieved till then, one had been trying for 9 months and is bipolar and the other was on the pill when it happened. I think that most regular ob/gyns don't really test much when you are pregnant the first time. I think they must only do more tests if you have a history of miscarriage or problems. My friend who is diabetic and on an insulin pump didn't get a single blood test until she was 20 weeks. Not even one to confirm pregnancy! Dh's cousin's wife who is pregnant with her second and due at the end of may isn't even having her first u/s until wednesday this week. I guess I should be thankful I was going to an RE when I concieved and that they tested my progesterone or I could have had a miscarriage without the supplement. My heartbeat, betas and everything else was good, the baby has grown good in two weeks between the u/s.

How does it normally work when someone is pregnant for the first time and goes to an ob/gyn. When did you all have your first appt, blood tests, hear the h/b and u/s?

Thanks kris for helping to put my mind at ease. It took us so long to get here that I don't want to have to go through that all again before I am able to hold my baby in my arms.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #124
Stazon Splitcoast

Jaci- my dr scheduled blood test after my first appointment with him... which was about 8 weeks. 12 weeks he used the doppler for the h/b, but didn't get anything, I think it was at my 16 weeks that he got the heartbeat (and a lot of kicking). 20 weeks was the u/s. hope that helps. My dr got me to go in for blood tests again at 12 weeks as well.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #125
Glitter Guru

Default Thanks tamara!

I think I would have freaked if I didn't hear the h/b at 12 weeks! My cousins wife found out at her u/s that she lost the baby at 12 weeks and a few days. She had just started telling everyone a few days earlier at 12 weeks that she was even preggo and it turns out the baby wasn't even alive at that point. And does anyone watch brothers and sisters. The one sister who is marrying a senator who is running for president accidentally got pregnant using protection and it never did say how far along she was, but they were planning a wedding for the day after her u/s and they couldn't find a h/b so she had a d&C. I did read in one of the preggo books that that is very rare, but two instances (even though one was fake) terrifies me. I guess that's my anxiety speaking! I know every single situation is different, but I can't help but think about it. I used to be this obsessed about cancer or other medical problems (when I was dealing with depression and anxiety issues 7-8 years ago), but I'm doing much better with that. I'm not even too worried about FIL who starts radiation tomorrow. He has an 85% chance that they will get rid of it completely and it will never come back. So to me that sounds great. His treatment doesn't even sound that bad and he will be done long before the baby ever gets here! He has to do treatment 5 days a week for 7-1/2 weeks, but the worst part about that is having to drive to and from the center. They told him he doesn't have to refrain from anything, so that's wonderful for him as he's a very active 75 year old.

Well, I guess I'll shut up now before you all think I'm crazy. I'm sure it's the hormones talking!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #126
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Yahoo to kristransue

of course you are crazy . . .you are pregnant!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 01-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #127
Crimping Master

Jaci, I know exactly how you feel. Right now this fear of a m/c has taken over and I am regretting telling the few people that I did. I had to tell my boss because of all of the last minute excuses I had for leaving early, so, if my DR's visit goes well tomorrow, I told her she didn't have to keep it a secret. I am trying to reverse my negative thinking, but it is kind of hard.

As far as my doctor goes, I called my ob-gyn the very next day to let her know about the positive home pregnancy test. She told me immediately to get bloodwork done. When those results came back, she told me to wait 5 days, then go again because my levels were still low--they like to see Prog at 15 or over and Preg hormone at 1000 or over. My Prog was already 22, but my Preg hormone was only 135. In 5 days time, my Preg hormone rose to 1500. So, she said I was doing fine. Well, last week, when I started spotting, they tested my levels again and it turns out they are still increasing, which they should be. I see her tomorrow for my first u/s which is at 7 weeks. From there, not sure what the next appointment is and what will happen. I'll let you know what her course of action is. I think each ob-gyn is different with their prescribed course of action. It may also depend on your insurance too. They take that into consideration as well.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #128
Insane Embellisher

Had my first ultrasound yesterday (am only 8 weeks but had a LEEP in the past so my doctor wanted to get a baseline cervical length). It was so amazing although I was disappointed I didn't get to take a picture home! Have to wait until the next one at 20 weeks, the techs said. Had bloodwork done on Saturday so am waiting for those results. My doctor said just to get the cystic fibrosis carrier screening done since my insurance covers all that stuff so I did that, plus the glucose tolerance and the regular bloodwork. Now I am just waiting for the next doctor's appointment next month! We finally told our families yesterday after the ultrasound - I loved the different reactions and wrote them down in my pregnancy journal. My MIL was classic - the first thing she said was "are you ****tin' me?" and then apparently after we hung up, she turned to my BIL who was with her and said "I'm going to be a grandmother. I have no money. What the f***!" That almost made me bust a gut!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:40 AM   #129
Insane Embellisher

Default Forgot to ask...

Has Paula had her baby yet??
Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #130
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to StampinNick

Vanessa make sure that you ask your OB for the progesterone suppositories. They are supposed to really help as far as NOT miscarrying. My OB put me on those last week and so far so good

Mulleycat I am soooooo glad that I don't have to do the glucose tolerance tests (I am a diabetic and it won't tell them anything that they don't know). I dreaded those even before I had DD (before diabetes diagnosis). As far as Paula, I don't know...haven't heard anything yet! Hope we get news soon!

I saw my OB again today and we got to hear the heartbeat and got to bring home another picture of the baby (at 7 weeks there really isn't much to see, but still it was neat being able to see and hear the heartbeat). I go back in 2weeks and he will do another ultrasound and see where we are then. Yippee at some point I will get to have a 3D and a 4D ultrasound done! Can't wait!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #131
Cupcake Queen

Send a message via MSN to Amanda_Sewell

Congrats Jaci! I am so SO excited for you!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #132
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullycat View Post
Has Paula had her baby yet??
Yep she did. Check out this thread:

Pregnant Ladies with Sexy C'Ankles #12 Chat Here
Old 01-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #133
Glitter Guru

Default Thanks Amanda! We're so happy too!

I just typed a long response and then it disappeared! I hate when that happens. Now to remember what I said.

I weighed at the gym this AM and I lost the 2 pounds that I gained so far, so i haven't really gained anything yet. But my belly is getting rounder. The shirts i'm wearing today are a big snug! Guess I'll have to retire them for now!

I'm starting to feel much better with the anxiety. My pregnancy symptoms came back now after the flu. The last two days, my nausea after lunch was fierce. That's the worst I felt from the pregnancy, not the flu! I will be 11 weeks tomorrow! So excited!

Prog supplements...If your progesterone is normal and you don't have a history of miscarriage, you doc normally won't prescribe. I had to take them because mine was so low. But if you are 8 weeks, they most likely won't prescribe now as that's when the placenta starts to take over production of prog. A lot of women are told to stop taking at 8 - 10 weeks. I was told to stop at 10.

Paula had her baby boy on Monday and so did Cheri (scrap n' stamp) another TTC thread grad had a girl too. Paula was 10 days late and cheri was 3 days early. Sounds like all are doing well! I posted on the TTC thread, but you prob didn't see it over there! There's pics on pregnant women with sexy c'ankles thread.

I just bought the book your pregnancy week by week. It's a lot more informative than the what to expect book!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #134
Mad Swapper

Jaci- I lost like 4 lbs in the begining. I was throwing up, mostly at night and it always seemed to be in a parking lot!!! It will get better...
Old 01-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #135
Polyshrink Goddess

I will take progesterone my whole pregnancy due to the history of miscarriages. I will graduate to the weekly shot at 12 weeks. 4 1/2 weeks till the shot! yeah! hehe.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #136
Crimping Master

Well, we had our first ultrasound yesterday and everything looks good, only, I am a week behind what they projected. Which just kills me because when I made the appointment I told them I OV'd on the 19th of December, which is later than the normal 14 days after the first day of period they like to use. So, I am only 6wks and 3 days. I have to go back in 2 weeks to get the true 7-8 week ultrasound. She said there will be more to see then. All we saw was this little flippy thing which was the heart. She told me to stop worrying about a miscarriage, that, if your first ultrasound looks good, then your chances of m/c are 3%. So, that made me feel better. Everything she saw when looked inside looked like normal pregnancy discharge and that what I thought was spotting, really wasn't. I do have a bacterial infection, so, she says my discharge should clear up by my next U/S. She said everything looks really, really good. All of my levels are where they should be.

I saw all of the talk about maternity clothes, and I am already considering buying some maternity jeans. I wore my jeans to the dr's appt yesterday and talk about the spillage!! I got them buttoned, but I was uncomfortable. I will definitely be wearing something by the end of February, I just know it.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #137
Polyshrink Goddess

Vanessa-

Since DD was born, I have to get into maternity pants between the 5 and 6 week mark for that very same reason. Holy cow those uncomfortable regular pants! I have also been wearing DH's shirts :/ not that he minds...he just says that it narrows down his selection :P.

I am glad that everything went well at the doctors appt. Don't feel bad about the difference in the dates. With my baby (that I lost last January) I knew that I couldn't be the 8 weeks that they said I was. I was actually only 7, but they didn't believe me. When they did the ultrasound, they were able to get an accurate measurement with the baby and they canged the weeks back to the 7 like I told them I was. I only know that one for sure because AF decided to visit for 2 weeks prior to that and DH was on a business trip until right before Thanksgiving! I think things will work out. Unfortunately, we have to be patient which is the hardest thing in the world!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:23 AM   #138
Glitter Guru

Default Congrats Vanessa!

on the great appointment. The news about M/c make me feel much better. I'm 11 weeks today. 2 more weeks and I'll be into my 2nd trimester already! I can't believe it. Except for feeling crappy, I still can't believe I'm pregnant sometimes. We just tried so long and I was to the point for quite a while that I was sure it was never going to happen. Since we've made it this far, I'm starting to get excited and scared at the same time. My mom keeps telling me that my life will change forever. That's the scariest part. I mean, I know it will change, but you will never know how much till it happens. I've had quite a few people tell me over the years that I will make a great mother, so I'm only hoping I can live up to their expectations! I'm sure some of it was in bitterness, but I've criticized how certain people have raised their children (not to their face of course) over the years. Dh's cousin and his wife have a little boy who just turned 2 about 2 weeks ago. He is such a terror, he's terrified of everything, he screams if a butterfly gets near him. His mother quit working to stay home with him and she just lets him run wild and gives him everything he wants. My child will be going to work with me, so it will be a challenge and a compromise I'm sure, but I'm certainly not going to give it everything it wants. They are also having another boy at the end of may and I can only imagine how it's going to be if they can't handle the one they have!

My MIL makes me roll my eyes. She keeps trying to tell me that there is another baby hiding behind the first one. That's a little hard because I've had 2 u/s, she just won't believe me. It's getting annoying now. I've been telling Dh for a few years that I always wanted two children and since it took so long to get the first, I don't plan on using BC after the baby is born, even if we aren't ready for another one yet. If it happens on it's own, that will be great, if it happens after we're ready, that will be great too. I just don't want to put it off and go through what we did again. We were married at 19 and 21. I wanted to have kids then, he wanted to wait as I was still in college. Well, my regular cycles stopped when I graduated and we didn't start trying for 3 months after that. I've told him many times that I may have been able to have a baby sooner if we hadn't waited and he finally agreed with me. MIL said last night that we shouldn't use any bc after the first one too and she doesn't even know what I've said about the subject.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:46 AM   #139
Crimping Master

Jaci, I wish I could be as far along as you right now!! Oh well. You are also lucky you'll be able to bring your baby to work. My DH has already started clipping child care advertisements for the area. I just hate thinking about putting my kid into childcare, but, unless we win the lottery, I don't really have a choice.

So Jaci, was the bella band worth the investment, or should I just start buying maternity pants now?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:16 AM   #140
Insane Embellisher

Glad the ultrasound went well, Vanessa! I know how you feel about hating the thought of putting your baby in daycare/childcare. I was thinking about that the other day and nearly started crying.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:20 AM   #141
Glitter Guru

Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinemissV View Post
Jaci, I wish I could be as far along as you right now!! Oh well. You are also lucky you'll be able to bring your baby to work. My DH has already started clipping child care advertisements for the area. I just hate thinking about putting my kid into childcare, but, unless we win the lottery, I don't really have a choice.

So Jaci, was the bella band worth the investment, or should I just start buying maternity pants now?
It's going to be a challenge and a blessing to be able to bring my baby to work. How am I going to breastfeed when I'm the only one here? My office area is hidden, but what if I have to help a customer? Baby crying while on the telephone. And then I'm due middle of August. I mail tax bills out on July 15 and payments start to come in right away, but they aren't due for the discount until September 15th and that is my second busiest month of the year! So I'm hoping baby comes on time or a little early so it's at least a month old till I get to that point! My mom was self-employed when I was 2 and up, so I never really went to daycare, preschool or a baby sitter. But her office was at home so she didn't have to deal with customers coming in. I really feel for all of you that have to use day care. The costs alone are scary! Yuko was telling me what some of them in Houston cost and there is no way I could afford that! But our income level around here is much lower than in a big city! I don't think I could hand my baby over to strangers. Even though moneys a little tight right now and we can't afford a house of our own (we do have 13 acres to build on someday), I'm glad everything worked out where I can be self-employed. I can't stand working with other people (now I just have to work with DH). And I'm definitely not good at politics (playing the game)!

As for the belly band, at this point I think it was a waste of money. I spent $60 for 3 belly bands and shipping. I tried to wear it once and my pants nearly fell down twice. The maternity pants are much easier to deal with. I bought the maternity pants that are full belly (erkel pants). I don't think the under belly or partial belly ones would stay up on me. I think I have a ways to go in these jeans, so I hopefully won't grow out of them anytime soon. The belly bands might be useful in the future. My friend (who is taller than me) was/is having problems with the elastic band of her pants sticking out under her shirts. You can use the belly band to cover that up, so it looks like you are just wearing an undershirt. Also, it's supposed to help keep maternity pants in place so they don't fall down. I might try that this weekend. I only spent $55 for a pair of jeans, a maternity shirt, a pack of maternity undies (but I have to return them they were the wrong size) and an undershirt. I think I might look for 2 more maternity shirts this weekend. I only really wear them on the weekends, so I don't need too many. That is unless I grow out of my t-shirts and sweat shirts. At least it should be cheaper to be preggo over the summer, don't have to buy as many layers.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:22 AM   #142
Glitter Guru

Default I'm confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthoman View Post
2 more weeks and I'll be into my 2nd trimester already!
The two books I have about pregnancy say that each trimester is 13 weeks long. So with that, I would have two weeks till the beginning of my 2nd trimester. But Fertility friend website says a trimester is 12 weeks so then I would have one more week. Why can't everything coincide!
Old 01-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #143
Glitter Guru

Default Quiet on here today!

I'm getting ready to leave work, won't be in tomorrow morning, have a tax meeting, but I'll be back monday afternoon! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #144
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Afternoon ladies!

Thought I'd just pop in to catch up...

Sounds like everything is going well with everyone... and people are starting to turn over to the 2nd trimester!!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone! I'm just waiting for DH to finish the living room floor, then we can move the furniture back in there, and I can work on some cards (WAY over due). He's got 2 boards left, but he had a soccer game, so I have to wait til he gets back for him to finish it. Shouldn't be much longer.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #145
Glitter Guru

Default Ever since I had the stomach flu last weekend...

my nausea has been terrible! It's worse than it's been my entire pregnancy. Yesterday i thought so much that I was going to throw up but I never could. Earlier if I was nauseated, I would just eat something and I would feel better. That is certainly not the case now. I don't know what to eat at this point as every time I think of eating anything, it turns my stomach. I go to the doc on Wed, so I'm going to bring it up then. I'm still having problems with gas and constipation as well. Sometimes the cramping gets so bad! That may be playing a small part in the nausea. I'm hoping that I'm not one of the select few that gets morning sickness starting in the 2nd trimester!

My MIL is getting really excited now, she's on my case to start cleaning out the future nursery because she's ready to buy a crib. The room is very tiny, but it was DH's room till he was 16. We rent a house from my In-laws for now. When we moved in, there was a big stain on the ancient carpeting, so they are going to replace it and paint the paneling in the room before we set up the crib.

I looked at the baby sections of all of the stores locally the other day. It was the first time I was ever in babies r us, but I wasn't too impressed. I'm pretty sure I won't be registering there. I'm a tigger nut, so I want everything to be Tigger in the nursery, etc. I'm searching for my favorite set and so far, I like the stuff at sears even though it's a little bit more expensive than wal-mart. It's neutral, but it has navy blue in it too, so it would be a little more suited for a boy. Oh well! I'm pretty sure we are having a girl, but we still have two months till we can find out.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #146
Crimping Master

Jaci, I was having the same problem with gas and constipation and my doctor gave me some prenatal vitamins that have a stool softener in them. Let me tell you, they have worked wonders. Now, mind you, I am moving the gas rather than keeping it inside, but I would rather it exit as opposed to just staying pent up inside causing me to cramp, etc.

I have been thinking about the nursery too. I am going to try for a neutral theme, just because, we plan on having a second one pretty soon after the first. That way, I won't have to go and redecorate everything. I have some quilt patterns for sheep, so, I am leaning towards a sheep themed nursery. We'll see how crafty I am feeling a month or two from now! It may end up being all about convenience!!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:20 AM   #147
Glitter Guru

Default I'll have to ask my doctor about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinemissV View Post
Jaci, I was having the same problem with gas and constipation and my doctor gave me some prenatal vitamins that have a stool softener in them. Let me tell you, they have worked wonders. Now, mind you, I am moving the gas rather than keeping it inside, but I would rather it exit as opposed to just staying pent up inside causing me to cramp, etc.

I have been thinking about the nursery too. I am going to try for a neutral theme, just because, we plan on having a second one pretty soon after the first. That way, I won't have to go and redecorate everything. I have some quilt patterns for sheep, so, I am leaning towards a sheep themed nursery. We'll see how crafty I am feeling a month or two from now! It may end up being all about convenience!!
So far I've only been to the RE's office, so they didn't discuss anything for continuing care. I mentioned the constipation to them and they just said it was normal. I go to the ob/gyn for the first time this week, so I will definitely ask about it. I would love to get rid of some of this cramping. I have no problem going to the bathroom, it just doesn't feel like I'm getting rid of it all and now I'm getting pretty raw down there, I'm beginning to think I need diaper rash cream!

I really want to do as much in neutrals as possible. I would really like to have a second child, but DH is still a little unsure. We both know that we will not pursue fertility treatment for another. My closest friend is not finding out the sex and some people said it was pretty difficult to buy stuff for her at her shower, but then you are set if you have a second child. I don't see the point of buying something in pink or blue when you may have another child down the road and it might not be the same sex. Clothing is one thing to get in a certain color, but the more expensive stuff that can be used for quite a while, I would really like neutral. We are going to find out the sex, so I'm thinking people might want to purchase color-specific items for my shower.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #148
Crimping Master

I am with you on finding out the sex. I just think it makes planning a lot easier when you know what to expect. Plus, you are right, it makes it easier for those buying you gifts.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #149
Polyshrink Goddess

heck yeah I am all for finding out the sex of the baby! I sure will be as soon as I can!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:47 AM   #150
Glitter Guru

I didn't really care either way about finding out the sex. DH's cousin and his wife were crazy about finding out the sex of the baby. She waited to have her first u/s until they could find out the sex because their insurance only covers one. I only definitely wanted to know the sex if there was more than one, but there isn't so it's not a big deal! My friend who is waiting will be having her baby sometime in february (how early depends on her diabetes), but she refused to find out and she told me at her u/s last week, she was really tempted! It made me laugh!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #151
Kookie Creator

Count me in for the gas and constipation too! Ugh...I have the loudest burps now, my DH calls me a drunken sailor but I can't help it!

DH does not want to find out the sex and I am on the fence. However, my family already drives me crazy with finding out. If we are still undecided when the time comes, I will have the Dr. write it down and seal it in an evelope, so if I change my mind, at least I will know.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:53 AM   #152
Polyshrink Goddess

well they do 4d ultrasounds here, but ugh it will cost me 200 euro or $380 USD. DH wants to spring for that so hopefully when they do that U/S we will be able to tell 100% for sure!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #153
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsabby518 View Post
Count me in for the gas and constipation too! Ugh...I have the loudest burps now, my DH calls me a drunken sailor but I can't help it!

DH does not want to find out the sex and I am on the fence. However, my family already drives me crazy with finding out. If we are still undecided when the time comes, I will have the Dr. write it down and seal it in an evelope, so if I change my mind, at least I will know.
Funny--I love the envelope idea. However, for me, it would opened the second I walked out the door!! LOL!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #154
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I like this idea too! We're also on the fence about finding out. At first I did and DH didn't, so I then became okay with not knowing, and now DH thinks he'll need to know. Good grief!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #155
Glitter Guru

Default Sometimes men are the worst...

at making up their mind! At least my DH is adamant about wanting to know, I doubt he'll be changing his mind. I think it has become VERY common for people to find out the sex. Every time I tell someone I'm expecting, they ask me if I know what it is yet. Don't they know that you have to wait a few months to find out! GEEZ!!!!!

I think reality is setting in that this is actually going to work out!!! I'm getting really excited! We've been very cautious up till now. How early do you plan on starting to furnish the nursery, etc????
Old 01-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #156
Kookie Creator

We moved here about 5 months ago, so I am still trying to figure everything out, so I think the nursery will have to wait awhile. I have a crib from my sister and in the basement is the changing table I had when I was a kid, so I don't need too much to furnish a room.

I also thought about making a pop top can with the due date in it, for people that don't know we are expecting. I also thought about making one with the sex of the baby in it, so if someone doesn't want to know, dont open it. My SIL and BIL did not want to know, so they have our stepmom be the secret keeper, just in case. She was really good about it and didnt tell anyone!
Old 01-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #157
Crimping Master

Quote:
We moved here about 5 months ago, so I am still trying to figure everything out, so I think the nursery will have to wait awhile. I have a crib from my sister and in the basement is the changing table I had when I was a kid, so I don't need too much to furnish a room.

I also thought about making a pop top can with the due date in it, for people that don't know we are expecting. I also thought about making one with the sex of the baby in it, so if someone doesn't want to know, dont open it. My SIL and BIL did not want to know, so they have our stepmom be the secret keeper, just in case. She was really good about it and didnt tell anyone!
I LOOOOOOOVE the pop can idea!! Although we have told everyone we are PG, maybe I can do that when we know what we are having. That would be such a fun way to let people know!!

You know, I have done some very light browsing on furniture, just to get an idea of what I like and what it potentially would cost. I want to use the "blue room" for the nursery-it is a pretty shade of pale blue and we are currently using it as a spare bedroom. I am just having a hard time with the bedding. I can't find any sheep themed bedding. I am so anxious to start buying stuff now, but, I really need to wait a bit longer, at least make it through the first trimester. But it soooooo hard. I have all these ideas running through my head! When I see stuffed animals, I want to buy them!!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #158
Glitter Guru

Default I bought the first thing for baby...

since I knew I was expecting this weekend. I bought the cutest little pair of John Deere socks. My husband's family are John Deere nuts, so of course MIL just loved them. I hope it warms up a bit here after I get the room cleaned out. I have stuff up in our attic that I bought over the years just waiting and I need to pull it all out. I bought the cutest fleece Tigger sleeper. It should be the perfect size for baby next winter. It's a little too cold to go up there now, but I don't want to wait too long or I won't be able to do the stairs. Luckily, I have everything in rubbermaid tubs and last spring before I started working on wednesdays again, I went through the attic and labeled all the tubs, so now I know which ones have baby stuff in them. I also have a bunch of disney books and nursery rhyme books.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #159
Hardware Hotshot

Just catching up on the thread here...
I have my first OB appointment on Wednesday too... I hope the blood pressure is normal- I am already on 2 meds for that, a prenatal, and f-tan for the throwing up... I am already overweight going into this but I have lost 14 lbs as of last appointment. So... hopefully we'll have a good appointment.

Jaci- if you are still having morning sickness... I am on a prenatal that helps w/ nausea ( I am always sick until around 9 mo. ) it doesn't take it all away but helps!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #160
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ladies!

I'm with you all on knowing the sex. There was no question whether we would find out or not. I felt that i needed to know! As for the room, I'm keeping it very neutral, because who knows what our next child will be. We're painting the walls a greeny-brown earthy tone... and the woods will all be a dark colour (my FIL is building a crib and change table). And really for the nursery we're not buying that much. The crib set I'm borrowing from a friend (it's boyish, but that doesn't really matter... it's Noah's Ark theme in blues). Just need to buy the mattress for the crib.. as far as I can figure out. It's all the other things we'll need that I've been looking at and pricing (car seats, strollers, baby gates, highchair).

Jaci - I hope the nauseousness starts to get better for you.

hi to everyone! I read through quickly, but don't have time to write a note to everyone right now. So all of you rest up, and take it easy. Let the little ones grow!