Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #81
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Glad things look good for you and your cousin's wife! If the spots are where the heart is, then it is probably actually the heart but I really don't remember at this point. I think my brain is completely fried.
Gallery Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #82
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthoman View Post
praying for you Vanessa, welcome tamara, hang in there Paula!

Had 2nd U/s yesterday. Everything looks great! Was released from RE to go to regular Ob now. Baby was very active and actually looks like a baby instead of a peanut! The u/s tech showed us a head on view of baby and it looked like it was trying to play patty cake! Baby measures 9w 5d which is where fertility friends says I am at. FF says my due date is 8/15, RE's office says it's 8/18. We'll see what the ob says in two weeks. I have my first appt with them on 1/30. In early internal u/s's, is it normal for there to be bright white spots in some places? There are a couple tiny bright white spots on most of the pictures right about where the heart should be, is that normal. The u/s tech didn't say anything about it. All she said was everything looks great. The pictures actually show legs and feet and a little of arms/hands. I can stop taking my prog supplement on the 20th! Thank goodness, it's such a pain!

Dh's cousin's wife found out two days ago that she is expecting again. They have been together nearly 18 years and have never used BC. She concieved for the first time this past summer, but had a m/c shortly after. This time, she had an u/s right away to make sure the baby implanted properly and they took blood tests. MIL thinks that her prog was low like mine, so she's on supplements too. Everything looks good so far.
Congrats!! My first ultrasound looked like a blob, It's cool that you actually saw a baby!!!
Attached Thumbnails
babysono1.jpg  
Old 01-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #83
Crimping Master

Default The Scoop

Well, my tests came back fine. They said my levels are still rising, which is good. Mr DR thinks it is just old blood finally coming out. Whew!! I was shaking when I called the DR's office. They had to put me on hold and that made me that much worse!! I plan on putting my feet up all weekend and just relaxing, I hope that makes a difference!!

Ok, I still don't have morning sickness yet, or feel overwhelmingly tired. BUT---my goodness if my body doesn't retain every bit of water I drink! You should see my stomach right now! I look 6 months pregnant!! I have been keeping away from the soda, salt, etc, and it just doesn't matter! My first u/s is Wednesday and I have tons of questions for my DR, that is for sure!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #84
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to jthoman
Default That's great to hear Vanessa!

I was going to try to keep track of everyone by puting all names and due dates in the OP but I can't edit it! I'll try to get it to be the top post of page 3 tomorrow if we don't pass it before I get to work!

Belly bands came today!!!! Good thing because I have to wear non-sweatpants the next two evenings. I'm going home when I get off work to check them out!

Apparently no one liked my idea last week of sharing age, years married, years ttc, etc. Oh well!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #85
Glitter Guru

Default As for the white spots on the u/s

I checked out the u/s gallery on FF and I believe it depends on the equipment used. My U/s pics are black and white, some are brown and white. There were several different styles I saw and the ones most similar to mine had the white spots too. I think it's just the type of camera. If the u/s tech and the doctor said that everything is okay, I just have to trust them. The next two weeks are going to be stressful till I make it to 12 weeks!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I was going to try to keep track of everyone by puting all names and due dates in the OP but I can't edit it! I'll try to get it to be the top post of page 3 tomorrow if we don't pass it before I get to work!

Belly bands came today!!!! Good thing because I have to wear non-sweatpants the next two evenings. I'm going home when I get off work to check them out!

Apparently no one liked my idea last week of sharing age, years married, years ttc, etc. Oh well!
Good idea to put the due dates in the first post... even if you weren't able to .

I checked out belly bands online. I went from my regular jeans to my fat pats (one size bigger) then straight into maternity jeans. I only have the one pair of jeans, but I love how they fit in the legs, and are so comfy on top. If I do a lot of sitting and standing (up and down a lot) they slide down a smidgen, but it's only a minor inconvenience. My issue really is with shirts. They slide up all the time. ANd I'm not quite big enough for most maternity shirts.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #87
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I missed that post, but here goes...

Me-age 30, DH-age 29
Married October 20, 2001
TTC- not long
First ever pregnancy!
2 cats Harley & Diego
Nail Technician, pending SU Demo
Old 01-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #88
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I checked out the u/s gallery on FF and I believe it depends on the equipment used. My U/s pics are black and white, some are brown and white. There were several different styles I saw and the ones most similar to mine had the white spots too. I think it's just the type of camera. If the u/s tech and the doctor said that everything is okay, I just have to trust them. The next two weeks are going to be stressful till I make it to 12 weeks!
You'll be fine, enjoy it, it goes fast!!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:59 PM   #89
Glitter Guru

Default Thanks Sue!

I like to get to know the people I'm talking to! I have a history of anxiety, so that gets me every now and then, but for the most part I have been really calm with this pregnancy (considering it took nearly 4-1/2 years to concieve in the first place). I just have this feeling that in the end, everything will be alright. I just hope I'm right!

Tamara...I should have just bought the maternity pants instead of spending $60 on 3 belly bands, but I'm only 10 weeks tomorrow and I didn't want to buy maternity pants quite yet as I think I'm going to get big fast. But they say the belly bands help with maternity pants as well, so you can buy them a little bigger and they won't fall down. I'll have to see if I like them and let everyone know. At this time of the year, I live in sweatpants and hooded sweatshirts and luckily the sweatshirts are long enough to cover my belly, but I only have one sweater that fits. I'm going to have to buy a nice maternity shirt to wear when we go out.

I'm tired so I really didn't feel like working earlier, so I was checking out baby stuff online at babies r us and target. I'm on the lookout for matching tigger everything in a design that I like. I know I'm crazy about the matching everything, but I might have a little bit of OCD in that department. I want neutral colors so if we have another baby down the road, I can use it for either sex. I saw the cutest tigger robe for baby! I don't know that I'd ever use it though. Next order of business is to tackle the mess in the spare bedroom! It's not that bad, but I just have to find a place for the furniture and the storage containers that are in there. Then I have to venture up to the attic to dig out the baby stuff I've been buying over the years.

Finally time to go home from work, talk to you tomorrow!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Jaci - I think I was about 12 weeks when I switched over to maternity. My MIL took me shopping and bought me a bunch of clothes.... which was very nice. I've bought quite a few shirts, but have one pair of jeans. I have one pair of khakis that she bought me, but they're one size too big, so they don't stay up. I'm hoping eventually when my belly is big enough I can wear them. I really did consider teh belly bands though. Means those ones wouldn't fall down, and I could wear some of my old skirts.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:18 AM   #91
Glitter Guru

Default I'm so lucky that I can wear sweats to work!

I would have to go naked if I worked anywhere else! J/K big time!!!!! It's a good thing, I went home last night to check out my belly bands and try to find something to wear tonight. First I put on my khakis. The button was at least 3 inches from reaching to shut! Last weekend I could get them shut, it was just uncomfortable when I sat down, so I left the button open. Then I put on the belly band. I look huge! I think I bypassed my friend who is due the end of Feb. I tried on every XL shirt in my closet and decided that I have one sweater (which I really liked when I bought it, but they only had a size bigger than I needed at the time, so it's always been big on me) that even fits and looks half-decent. You can definitely tell I'm pregnant in everything I put on last night. At least I don't have to worry now about that awkward stage where is so and so just fat or pregnant! So tomorrow after work I'm going to my moms to raid her closet. She says she has some clothes that are too big for her that I can check out. Only thing is I wear average pants and she wears petits. So we'll see. My mom keeps telling me that I am built like her and she was huge right away too! Good thing is I've only gained 2 pounds so far!

10 Weeks today! That means i'm a 1/4 of the way there! YIPPEE!

Today and tomorrow for the prog supplement and then I'm done. YEAH!

Questions for those of you who are further along...maternity panties or regular? What do you do about bras?
Old 01-18-2008, 04:28 AM   #92
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Yahoo to kristransue

Quote:

Questions for those of you who are further along...maternity panties or regular? What do you do about bras?
Working out the clothes situation is fun, isn't it? I usually continue wearing my regular underwear and bras until the end when I usually get nursing bras. I don't get huge in the chest, but do get larger when my milk comes in. This is so different for everyone. One girl I knew went from a B cup to a DD or something totally bizarre like that. So that will be a waiting game to see what happens to you.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 01-18-2008, 04:30 AM   #93
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamschro View Post
Jaci - I think I was about 12 weeks when I switched over to maternity. My MIL took me shopping and bought me a bunch of clothes.... which was very nice. I've bought quite a few shirts, but have one pair of jeans. I have one pair of khakis that she bought me, but they're one size too big, so they don't stay up. I'm hoping eventually when my belly is big enough I can wear them. I really did consider teh belly bands though. Means those ones wouldn't fall down, and I could wear some of my old skirts.
The joke is that by the time you are on your third, your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes. I almost fit this description. But I inherited some hand me down maternity clothes that have boosted my wardrobe.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 01-18-2008, 04:34 AM   #94

Jaci - I'm still wearing regular panties. I haven't gained much anyplace except my belly. (Not none, but not much.) For bras, I had to go buy a new size around 20 weeks, the wires in those got uncomfortable around 34-36 weeks and I was wearing anything that wouldn't cut into the top of my belly. Then last weekend my mom took me to buy nursing bras. I was hesitant since I wasn't sure if they'll fit when my milk comes in, but it is nice to be wearing something that fits now.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-18-2008, 04:35 AM   #95

Oh, I started out a 34B and am now a 34D.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-18-2008, 04:36 AM   #96
Glitter Guru

Default Bra issue!

I have "teetsies" or something like that, that causes inflamation in my ribs. I cannot stand to wear tight bras. I am already a D cup and I outgrew my pre-pregnancy bras shortly after I found out I was expecting. I didn't want to go too big when I got new ones because I get muscle pain if they aren't supported properly. I went up on band size, but stayed the same in the cup. I started wearing them on the tightest hooks and now I'm at the loosest, which are getting pretty tight. I don't know what to do! At least I found a comfy bra at Walmart that costs only $8 or so instead of $40 bras somewhere else. I'm trying to figure out if I should get a bigger cup and a bigger band or what! My mom says she went up three cup sizes! I'm in trouble! I've never been able to wear the underwires because I have a short torso and they always dug into my ribs.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:42 AM   #97
Glitter Guru

Default Also...

the way that our showroom and my office area is set up at our shop give me 12 inches to get between a cabinet and standing display unit. It's getting really tight to squeeze through. I told my husband and dad (and they laughed at me) that I'm going to put a stool at the opening so I can step up and take my belly over the cabinet. I can come in back door, but then I run the risk of tripping over all the stuff in the shop!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:32 AM   #98
Hardware Hotshot

that is funny about the counter. I am glad you found a solution!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 01-18-2008, 06:47 AM   #99
Mad Swapper

Hi Jaci! I am still wearing my usual panties too... but bras are a whole 'nother ball of wax... I've gone up several band sizes, started off 34-36C and am now in 40D+ I did try using bra extenders for a while but the underwire in my usual bras started to really hurt after the 1st trimester - got some Bravado Body Silk bras and WOW - that's comfortable and the sizing is more flexible. the baby going higher up and expanding my rib cage like mad these days so having a more "adjustable" band size is a MUST!! fortunately, i think all the weight is staying in the middle part and not settling too much in my hips and butt!!! let's hope that trend keeps on that way!

Lovin' Being a Stampin Up! Demonstrator!!
Slowly adding to my gallery! Would love to know what you think!http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=60838
Old 01-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #100
Hardware Hotshot

wow, I guess I am in the minority with my chest not totally expanding . . . what's wrong with me????
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 01-18-2008, 08:04 AM   #101
Glitter Guru

Default Too Funny Yuko and Kris!

I was an A cup when I met DH. In high school I had the hardest time finding dresses (especially for proms and homecomings) that didn't gap too much because I didn't have much! I was a B cup when I graduated and that summer, I went from a B to a D like that. I'm scared, I don't even know what comes after DD! I should ask my friend what cup size she is up to, she was big pre-preggo and now she's HUGE! She gained all hers in the breasts not the belly! Pre-preggo for me, I had the hardest time finding shirts and dresses that fit because I was too large! I can't win!

I was thinking about just wearing my regular undies, but I fear they might fall down when my belly gets bigger. I'm still okay on that front for the moment, it's more the bras and pants and shirts, etc that are driving me crazy! At least socks still fit!!! HEHE.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #102
Kookie Creator

I'm right there with the whole bra thing too! Man, the girls just are sore! I am a 32b, and that size is hard to find, can't imagine trying to find a larger cup size in a 32. I have been making due with stretchy tank tops but did put on a real bra to go see the Dr.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:47 AM   #103
Glitter Guru

Default That's great that you can get away with tanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsabby518 View Post
I'm right there with the whole bra thing too! Man, the girls just are sore! I am a 32b, and that size is hard to find, can't imagine trying to find a larger cup size in a 32. I have been making due with stretchy tank tops but did put on a real bra to go see the Dr.
I certainly cannot or I'd be tripping on them in a few years!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #104
Stazon Splitcoast

Jaci- for undies I'm half regular wear half maternity. I bought some maternity and found that they stayed where they should on the bum instead of sliding up. But I'm cheap... so I only have 4 pairs of those and then have my regulars. Did stop wearing my thongs though! As for bras, at about 12 weeks I didn't fit my old bras anymore... I found I was squooshing over the top of the cups... so I bought a new bra (went from 36 D to 38DD). Even this one is a little small on me now... but it's not TOO bad. I just can't seem to find decent bras in bigger sizes, they're all just old lady flattening bras. I love my push up bras or ones that make my cleavage look good. Ill have to buy one more bra i figure in this pregnancy (fingers crossed). Just have to go to a more special store now I guess...
Old 01-19-2008, 04:46 AM   #105
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamschro View Post
Jaci- for undies I'm half regular wear half maternity. I bought some maternity and found that they stayed where they should on the bum instead of sliding up. But I'm cheap... so I only have 4 pairs of those and then have my regulars. Did stop wearing my thongs though! As for bras, at about 12 weeks I didn't fit my old bras anymore... I found I was squooshing over the top of the cups... so I bought a new bra (went from 36 D to 38DD). Even this one is a little small on me now... but it's not TOO bad. I just can't seem to find decent bras in bigger sizes, they're all just old lady flattening bras. I love my push up bras or ones that make my cleavage look good. Ill have to buy one more bra i figure in this pregnancy (fingers crossed). Just have to go to a more special store now I guess...
Here's a bra idea for you. At Wal-mart, they have racks with bras in boxes. I can't remember the brand off-hand, but I know the style I like is in a bright orange box. It's called an athletic style or something. They don't push up or have wires, but they are comfortable and keep the shape. They're around $10, for something you're not going to wear forever, I wouldn't spend a fortune! I have such issues with bras, but I really like these. And size isn't normally a problem.

I wore the belly band last night and it must be a little loose yet. Twice my pants nearly fell down. I might venture out today and buy a pair of maternity jeans. We're going to a hockey game tonight and I don't want to lose my pants going up the stairs to get to the bathroom! Maybe I can talk my mom into going along. She hates shopping!

I'll check out the maternity undies too. I can't stand when my undies fall down. But I have a few pairs of regular now that are getting worn out, so I need to replace them anyway. If I buy maternity undies now, I can get use out of them for quite a while. We'll see. As for thongs, I never wore them! I have some friends that only wear them and wore them throughout their entire pregnancy. I couldn't imagine that!
Old 01-19-2008, 05:33 AM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

I am wearing nursing bras now. I only have two, but I have gone through three bra sizes --- started out as a 34B and I am not saying where I am now!!!!! I used to wear underwire because I wasn't very big, but my baby is very high. (OF course she is, that is why she probably isn't going to arrive on time!!!) My belly is so big that my girls "rest" on it! I was pretty picky and had to spend a little bit of money, even though I didn't want to because I was afraid I would grow out of them. I teach, and so I had to have something pretty decent.
As far as underwear, I never bought maternity ones. I actually just bought new underwear two weeks ago. Before, I had been wearing my regular ones. Most of my weight is from waist up (belly, chest, arms, face) and I haven't really gained in my hips, thighs, butt,or lower back. I have gained some weight there, but not much. I bought some Hanes and I love them!
I am down to one pair of pants that fit and I refuse to buy more since I won't need them for much longer. Hopefully, I am only going to work next week and that is it. I wear DH's pj bottoms and sweatpants around the house and his t shirts.
Good luck! I don't like tight things on me at all, so the bra thing is about to drive me crazy! Many days, I undo it when I get in my car and leave school!
Old 01-19-2008, 06:31 PM   #107
Pearl-ExPert

Hello Ladies,
I am 30 weeks along and due March 26th. I am one of the older mom's, being 35 The pregnancy has gone well and I have got to say after reading the posts...I love the belly band! That has been the best invention since I was last pregnant nearly 9 years ago!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #108
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbucks_stamper View Post
Hello Ladies,
I am 30 weeks along and due March 26th. I am one of the older mom's, being 35 The pregnancy has gone well and I have got to say after reading the posts...I love the belly band! That has been the best invention since I was last pregnant nearly 9 years ago!
Jennie! Welcome! I wouldn't say you are old! I will be 33 this year and I am expecting my FIRST! So, to me you are right around my age! Congratulations!
Old 01-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #109
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to StampinNick

Ok so I just got off the phone with my mom who told me about this website:
http://parenting.ivillage.com/ttc/tt...,,j736,00.html. OMG it is soooo weird. You can "tell" the sex of your baby by calculating when you got pregnant....how old you were at the time of conception and the month you conceived. My mom, her friend and I did it and it is soooooo accurate. OMG it is totally right. Baby #1 girl, Baby #2 (miscarriage #1) boy, baby #3 (miscarriage #2) boy, Baby #4 says it will be a girl. I know only time will tell with the last one, but oh my goodness was it sure right about the other 3 of mine, plus right with my mom having me and right for DH mom having DH and his brother! You will have to check it out!
Old 01-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #110
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to swtlilhickey

Hello Everyone. I have been on the TTC thread for a while. And now I am PG!!! YAY!! I am 4 weeks and 1 day. I have to admit I am a little nervous about something going wrong. I haven't had to many symptoms yet which has me a little nervous but DH keeps reassuring me that everything will be fine. I am 38/yo, First PG, Married for almost 2 years now, TTC for almost 1 yr. DH is 44. I look forward to getting to know everyone here. I know I will have TONS of questions as things progress.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:51 AM   #111
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to StampinNick

Congrats Karen!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that nothing goes wrong.

My DH and I weren't TTC just yet, but it still happened (per doctors request that we wait 19-24 months to conceive another baby, but who knew loosing 52 pounds would make me fertile Mertile :P). DH is 34 and I am 31. We have been married for 12 years. It took us 5 years of TTC to get DD (who is now 7), 14 months from the time I went off BC to get PG with Baby #2 (which ended in a mc), 13 months with Baby #3 (which also ended in a mc), and with Baby #4 11 months. I am 7 wks tomorrow (yes I get to start all over, but at least DD will be a great helper). I have another ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow, so we will see how it all looks tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:52 AM   #112
Hardware Hotshot

Congrats Karen, and welcome!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 01-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome Karen! -Congrats!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #114
Glitter Guru

Default Just thought I'd check in...

I don't normally check email from home, but I had to take a sick day (which doesn't pay when you're self-employed), it was a must. I have the stomach flu. I'm absolutely miserable. Threw up three times yesterday, couldn't even keep down a cup of chicken broth. My mom came down to spend the night with me as DH was driving truck last night. I called the ob/gyn twice. The first to ask what I should do because at that point I wasn't sure why I was sick. The second because my temp was up to 100.4. She said the baby should be just fine. I was able to keep down a few saltines and some gingerale today. I'm really week from not keeping anything down since breakfast yesterday. Didn't get out of bed till 10:30 this AM. I'm hoping it's only a 24 hour bug and will be gone by this evening. I'm still worried about the baby. I was just starting to feel better with the nausea even though I was still really tired. 9 days till first appt with ob/gyn.

I got a pair of maternity jeans the other day and a shirt. I should have just done that to begin with. They are pretty comfortable except I'm constantly pulling them up.

Hoping to be feeling better tomorrow and I can post from work. I haven't been sick like this in 5 years! I had the stomach flu right before our first anniversary in 2003 and we just celebrated 6 years last saturday!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #115
Mad Swapper

Welcome Jennie & Karen!!!

Jaci hope you feel better soon!!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #116
Hardware Hotshot

Jaci . . .

I hope you are feeling better. I have had 3-4 bouts of the "24 hour" stomach bug this pregnancy. I have never gotten this sick so much in my life. Plus a horrendous sinus infection/chest cold that lasted 1 1/2 months over the holidays. I haven't had any pregnancy problems, no severe morning sickness or such, but that made up for it I think.

Oh, and get used to pulling your pants up! 24 weeks here and still doing it.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 01-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #117
Glitter Guru

Default Hmmm

seems like everyone else on this thread is in their 30s. Anyone else in their 20s?

Stomach flu during pregnancy sucks. Now i don't know if I'm nauseas from the flu or nauseaus from being hungry as with most of my pregnancy so far. I did eat some new potatoes with butter and they've stayed down and helped with the nausea now, so I'm thinking it's the latter at this point! Guess I'll be back to work tomorrow.

Thanks for the well wishes!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #118
Hardware Hotshot

don't do too much too soon Jaci, make sure you are feeling well enough to get back at work, and stay hydrated, that is most important.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 01-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #119
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, I am in my 30's, but started having kids in my 20's if that helps any!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 01-21-2008, 08:00 PM   #120
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm in my 20's.

Oh.. and constantly pulling pants up is a pain, but they are better than my regular pants (which are far from doing up at this point).

Jaci, hope you start feeling better soon. I felt nauseous until about week 14/15 I think. I'm 20 weeks now, so it was a few weeks ago at least... Hang in there. It does pass.