Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #41
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Yahoo to kristransue

congrats on hearing the heartbeat Jaci, sorry about the taxes

on the heartrate thing, everyone will tell you it is a wives tale, but I find it to be pretty true overall!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #42
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Yahoo to kristransue

[quote=DivinemissV;8300740]And you said it started around the 6th week, right?? I better get to eating all I can before then!! LOL!!! [quote]

That is the spirit! Just to warn you gals too, later on when the baby gets bigger it is harder to eat as much because your tummy gets squished and sometimes you get heartburn very easily. I was so disappointed when I discovered this with my first . . . so eat while you can!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #43
Mad Swapper

yeah... she's so right... i am pretty miserable now - i was able to eat well for a couple of weeks, now i get heartburn from drinking water. our baby is squishing me!!! and i'm only 23.5 weeks!!! YIKES!

but the nausea does (usually) pass, and the second trimester is MUCH easier than the 1st! it is AMAZING to me that i don't come home from work and collapse on the couch. my cat is a little less happy since she is running out of room to cuddle on my lap and the baby has taken to kicking her when she purrs all over him!!! (lol)

i still remember crying out from pure joy the 1st time we heard/saw the heartbeat congrats to you all!!

yuko

Lovin' Being a Stampin Up! Demonstrator!!
Slowly adding to my gallery! Would love to know what you think!http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=60838
Old 01-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #44
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to jthoman
Default I certainly don't have a problem eating...

my weight has stayed the same, so that is a great thing, but after I have a meal, I can go 2 hours before I start to get nauseated. After a snack, I can only go an hour. I laugh at myself in the morning when I fill my bag up with food to take to work. At least my business is behind my in-laws house, so when I run out of snacks, I can raid their house. The thought of food turns my stomach, but as soon as I eat something, I feel better.

Yuko, that's too funny about the baby kicking the cat! Well, you're past halfway, how's it feel! I had terrible heartburn one day, but I ate french fries cooked in peanut oil and i think that was the culprit.

That'll be too funny if I have a girl. DH is so set on wanting a boy. I was never round boys much, so I don't know as much about what to do with them as I do girls. I always wanted one of each and the boy being older, but don't tell him that! I just give him a hard time about really wanting a boy. Maybe then he'll be on board to try for another!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

Normally, my baby's heartrate is between 150-165 and I am having a girl. So, she fits the "over 140 is a girl" seems to be true! One friend of mine decided not to find out what she was having. Her baby's heart rate was 170ish, she ended up having a boy. Another friend that just had her baby in December also decided not to find out what she was having and her baby's heart rate was around 130 --- she had a girl! I had no idea about heart rate's with regard to gender, but I hope you get what you want!!! Although, if you are like me and have been through so much, I was happy with whatever I got!
I am so happy for you!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #46
Crimping Master

I am going to eat at a buffet tonight--so I'll be sure to pack it in!!

Yuko, my youngest cat, who thinks he is my baby, has been waking me up in the middle of the night for attention. I wonder if he senses something is going on with his Momma?
Old 01-12-2008, 05:13 AM   #47
Glitter Guru

Default Vanessa,

my dog, who is a 125 lb mastiff, has been the biggest baby since before I even knew that I was pregnant. He thinks he has to be petted non stop all day (we take him to work with us, so he thinks that is an option). He's being so needy!!! He was jealous last summer when I was holding my cousins infant.

I certainly don't know what i am going to do about clothing in the near future. A few weeks ago, I bought bigger bras because I am very sensitive to tight clothing and the new ones are already tight. Last friday I bought bigger sweat pants (which is what I were to work) and last weekend they looked like clown pants, right now they are fitting correctly. I have 2 pairs of fat pants (the size I was before I lost 20+ pounds) and I started wearing them a week or two after I found out. They are already so stinking tight! I wore the jeans on Wednesday and I survived, but last night they were killing me. I don't want to buy maternity clothing yet as I am only 9 weeks, but I soon won't have anything to wear. I wear hooded sweatshirts all the time in the winter and at least I have a few that are way too big for me, so when I outgrow my regular ones, I can wear them. I looked everywhere last night for a bella band. It's like a tub tob that you can wear over the top of your regular pants and then leave them hang open and no one is the wiser. But none of the stores around here seem to have much of a section for maternity clothing. I guess I'll be ordering them online today so I hopefullly have them for next weekend. I haven't even gained any weight yet! I've been getting a lot of cramping in my abdomen and I believe I know what is causing it now. The extra weight of my uterus is hurting my muscles. I saw a thing at sears I should have bought last night. It's a belly belt. You put it under your belly and around your back and it's supposed to help with pain in the belly and the back. When I walk alot, the muscles in my abdomen really start to hurt. I had a bulge in belly long before I was ever preggo, even when i was a size 6. My back is already starting to bother me too! I'm in for a long pregnancy!
Old 01-12-2008, 05:15 AM   #48
Glitter Guru

Default I will certainly be happy with whatever I get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap'n'stamp View Post
Normally, my baby's heartrate is between 150-165 and I am having a girl. So, she fits the "over 140 is a girl" seems to be true! One friend of mine decided not to find out what she was having. Her baby's heart rate was 170ish, she ended up having a boy. Another friend that just had her baby in December also decided not to find out what she was having and her baby's heart rate was around 130 --- she had a girl! I had no idea about heart rate's with regard to gender, but I hope you get what you want!!! Although, if you are like me and have been through so much, I was happy with whatever I got!
I just hope it's healthy. You've got less than 2 weeks left already! It seems like time has really flown with you and Paula! She better not be as late as Katie was! At least it is January for you guys and not AUGUST! I'm so not looking forward to the summer!
Old 01-12-2008, 06:04 AM   #49
Kookie Creator

hey Yuko! Another older mom here! I was 38 when I conceived and turned 39 December 19th. It's a little scary to be going thru this at an older age. I was in my early 30's with my 2 DS. I'm 14 weeks and due July 13th. Still getting sick.......
About two weeks ago I had a blood test for some genetic things, I have no risk factors except for my age. I think I have the AFP next visit. I never did the tests before. Not sure if I want to do another one.
It's all such a roller coaster ride!
Noddy
Old 01-12-2008, 06:31 AM   #50
Gallery Gazer

Hey Yuko and Noddy! Another older mom also. I am 37. Will be 38 in November. I am due August 30th.

I will avoid as much of the testing as possible. I had the afp test with my third and got a false positive for neural tube defects. We spent 3 weeks of torture waiting for an us only to find there was nothing wrong. I also had an Aunt who had down's syndrome so we are aware of an increased risk there, but I don't want to know. I think since I had relative with it there is already that possibility so I don't think it would be to much of a shock at birth. My 10yo was also diagnosed with a rare kidney disease in December of 2006. We will probably be doing a kidney transplant by April. Right now there is no way to test for it. It is a genetic disorder passed on like Cystic Fibrosis meaning both parents have to be carriers. We haven't been able to test which gene he has yet so we just have to wait.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #51
Mad Swapper

HI Noddy & Pam!! glad to see you guys here too!! we wanted to have as much testing done asap since i have a younger sister who was born with spina bifida (as a testament to modern medicine miracles, she is completely mobile and incredibly intelligent with few problems) but we wanted to have as much information as possible. i think my dr is really great abt alleviating my anxieties as an AMA mom (advanced maternal age - what a "GREAT" label, huh?)

tomorrow i go in for a routine follow-up, have to do a 24-h urine collection since my BP has been borderline high am being VERY closely monitored for signs of pre-eclampsia (but bp has been behaving itself pretty well ), and i also get to endure the famous and oh-so-fun 1-hr glucose tolerance test - hopefully it won't be as bad as i've heard from others...

yuko

Slowly adding to my gallery! Would love to know what you think!http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=60838
Old 01-13-2008, 07:43 AM   #52
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinemissV View Post
I am going to eat at a buffet tonight--so I'll be sure to pack it in!!

Yuko, my youngest cat, who thinks he is my baby, has been waking me up in the middle of the night for attention. I wonder if he senses something is going on with his Momma?
Hi Vanessa!! i am CERTAIN that my kitty knows that something is up and has known since perhaps before we knew!!! she has gotten really really clingy and constantly wants to be nestled right next to/curled around me. she has always been my baby, but it has been amplified several times over... last night she wouldn't eat until i came back upstairs with her... yeah, i know she is a little loopy at times!! ha ha

am glad that she isn't jaci's 125# mastiff!! i think i would be pretty squished by now!! good luck, jaci!!!

Old 01-13-2008, 07:45 AM   #53
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap'n'stamp View Post
I have to chime in too... i was told the old wives' tale, but of course our son's heartrate has been abt 150-160 time so far and we are SURE it is a boy... so who knows!! but it sure is fun to take all these "tests" and try to guess what you are having. somehow, i was pretty certain we were having a boy so i wasn't too surprised and happy either way!

Old 01-13-2008, 12:15 PM   #54
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to StampinNick

Howdy all. I will be lurking around here for a few more weeks. I am 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and due 9/10/08. I am trying not to get too excited as it is still early and I am prone to miscarriages. I have had 2 in the last 2 years. I am staying positive though, just trying not to get too attached....too late! Thank goodness I don't get sick. I have lost 51 pounds to date and then boom I get pregnant. Figures! I am also a super high risk pregnancy (diabetes on top of the miscarriages and also a baby that was born at 23 5/7ths weeks...yes DD survived and has a mouth on her! and also I am 3 months post gastric bypass....did I mention pregnancy is a HUGE no no right now??? I was supposed to wait 15 more months. Guess the Big Man upstairs had other plans ) I am really frustrated that the stupid high risk doc won't see me until Feb 25th. I am thinking I may get a referral to see a German doctor...at least then I can get my mini tummy tuck afterward!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #55
Gallery Gazer

Hi Nicole! Congratulations! Wow on the 51 pounds lost! I so totally need to do that, of course when you're preggo they don't really want you to lose any weight. I will be sending positive thoughts your way and hoping for your little bean to hang in there. I am pg after a mc also and really hoping I can make it past the next few weeks. I will feel much more comfortable after I get past the first 12 weeks. I am due about 11 days before you, but will probably go 1 to 2 weeks earlier. I am also a high risk due to age and diabetes.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #56
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to StampinNick

Well I will continue to lose weight even while pregnant. They say that you will when you have had a gastric bypass and are still overweight. The main concern will be making sure that I get enough vitamins for the baby and also enough food for the baby to eat since I don't eat that much anymore.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #57
Glitter Guru

Default Hi All!

Had to order the bella band this weekend as none of my pre-pregnancy pants fit (not even my fat pants). I had been having back pain and abdominal pain (but I knew it wasn't cramps). I purchased a belly belt and it really helps. I thought 9-1/2 weeks was way to early to buy it, but it has already helped my pain so much and I just got it yesterday. It just sucks because I hate to have tight things around me and it also makes my excess body fat seem to squish out where I don't want it! It also makes my belly look huge already because you put it under your belly, so it pushes up and out! Everyone will certainly know for sure now! I'm hoping the belly band overtop smooths out my body. It's okay for now when I wear heavy sweatshirts and stuff, but when it gets warmer and I start wearing less clothing, I don't want it to look so unappealing. I'm hoping my belly will firm up by then.

Two days till next U/s, can't wait!

I was at my friends baby shower yesterday and before she got there, we had to take a ribbon and cut it to the length we thought would make it around her belly. I just put it around me and added a few inches as she's 7-1/2 months along, and it was 6 inches too long! I think I'm already as big as she is. I'm pretty sure that we wore the same size clothing pre-pregnancy, but she has a flat stomach and I don't. She's also about 6 or so inches taller than me and has a lot more torso. I'm pretty sure I'm going to look like the goodyear blimp in a month or so!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #58
Kookie Creator

Food restrictions?

Just curious as to what you are avoiding or what your Dr. said to avoid. The one thing from my Dr. was about fish. They want you to eat it, but not the type that is high in mercury.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #59
Hardware Hotshot

hello ladies-- Had a blood pressure check this am- with medication it is finally under a number the DR is okay with. I have still been sick non stop and that is with F-tan ( helps with nausea)
I am down another 4 lbs... 14 since 3 weeks ago- being preggers is my diet!

I still have no energy- trying to keep things up since I have a daycare inspection coming up...
Old 01-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #60
Insane Embellisher

I think the nausea has kicked in big-time. Threw up over the weekend for the first time. I seem to get nauseous and hungry at the same time - now that is a weird feeling! I'm trying to eat though - just made a run during my lunch break for gingerale, gatorade and saltines. I guess I don't have to worry just yet about clothes not fitting!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #61
Insane Embellisher

Howdy ladies! New to the post. I am due the second wk. in Feb. w/ second child. I am ready to go now of course, but that would be too easy. Has anyone here go late with their 2nd + pregnancy. My doc told me that sometimes its possible. Hoping that is not the case. Heartburn is killing me, finally got a RX for it. Kinda working , you know how it is. Congrats to all!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #62
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsabby518 View Post
Food restrictions?

Just curious as to what you are avoiding or what your Dr. said to avoid. The one thing from my Dr. was about fish. They want you to eat it, but not the type that is high in mercury.
My dr doesn't want you to eat any unpasteurized cheese and no sushi or raw meat/seafood. I've seen several places that discourage you from eating hot dogs or lunch meat unless it is warmed up, but my dr doesn't have that on the list. I avoided them anyway and am dying for a turkey sandwich. They also want you to avoid excessive caffiene, which is more than 3 cups of coffee a day, I think. The lady who taught our childbirth class wants you to stay away from white pasta and try to get at least half your protein and calcium from non-animal sources. My dr wanted me to eat red meat because my iron dropped, but DH won't eat it and I'm not buying and cooking it just for me so she just gave me a prescription for iron. I think towards the end of pregnancy some docs will let you have a glass of wine, but I don't drink so I haven't asked. Okay, enough rambling from me!
Gallery Blog
Old 01-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #63
Glitter Guru

Default I haven't been told much yet about food,

but I don't go to my ob until the end of the month. I was asked about alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine and fish, but other than that the CRNP at the RE's office didn't mention anything else.

My BILs sis was told to stay away from fast food and lunch meat. I wasn't even told about meds to stay away from (not that I have taken any anyway or would take them, but it's the principle!).

I wore the belly belt most of the day today and it seemed to really helped. I took it off now because it was starting to bother me and I'm having pain already only an hour after I took it off.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:59 PM   #64
Mad Swapper

Jaci- You will like the Bella Band. I have one, but from a maternity store. I had to start wearing mine I think around 9 weeks. I was able to use it for quite awhile, but for the life of me I can't remember when I stopped using it (baby is stealing my brain cells!). I had to stop using it because eventually the zipper pull on my jeans was digging into my stomach. I am loving my maternity jeans now, they are so comfy!!! Good Luck!!
Old 01-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #65
Hardware Hotshot

As far as food- the lunch meat thing maybe because of the amount of sodium in them, and same w/ fast food. I was never told not to eat anything expect the fish thing... but I try to eat better but like tonight, I went w/ what I wanted and boy do I feel great... a can of black olives and pickles dipped in ranch...

For the first time in weeks, I feel normal! No nausea and no throwing up!
Old 01-15-2008, 04:27 AM   #66
Glitter Guru

Default Thanks Sue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnailart View Post
Jaci- You will like the Bella Band. I have one, but from a maternity store. I had to start wearing mine I think around 9 weeks. I was able to use it for quite awhile, but for the life of me I can't remember when I stopped using it (baby is stealing my brain cells!). I had to stop using it because eventually the zipper pull on my jeans was digging into my stomach. I am loving my maternity jeans now, they are so comfy!!! Good Luck!!
I'm sure I'm going to love maternity jeans too! I always hated wearing jeans when they are snug. I love sweat pants. and a combo of the two is going to be wonderful. I'm still a little too scared to buy maternity as I'm only 9-1/2 weeks, but I had to do something because none of my pants fit! I wear sweats every day to work and I only wear jeans or khakis on the weekends for the most part when we go out or to visit with friends. I don't want to buy maternity jeans early and grow out of them only getting to wear them a time or two. I read with the belly band you can wear bigger maternity pants sooner. It will hold them up if they are still too big. It's funny, my close friend who is expecting at the end of feb HATES her maternity pants. But she has to dress up every day because she teaches kindergarten. I might want to keep wearing them post-preggo! J/K!

Good luck to you, April will be here before you know it!
Old 01-15-2008, 04:46 AM   #67

Maternity jeans rock! Until your belly gets so big that the darn things won't stay up!
The lunchmeat is in case of listeria, but like I said, my doc doesn't restrict you on it so I'm guessing it's a fairly outside chance you might get it.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #68
Mad Swapper

yeah, i was told the same thing... if you do eat lunch meat, just zap it till it steams in the microwave to kill anything if you are worried... my ob didn't say anything abt not eating it

Old 01-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #69
Mad Swapper

I totally skipped the bella band and went straight to maternity pants... the jeans and other under-belly styles are AWESOME for the 1st 2 trimesters (at least IMHO) but now the over the belly are seeming more appealing as my belly has gotten to the point where it starts pushing my low riders even lower!!! and of course my shirts (yes, maternity ones!!) are even starting to ride up a little... so have to be careful of showing skin!! EEKS!!! )

Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #70
Glitter Guru

Default Did anyone else...

have problems with pain in the back and belly early on?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #71
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yytx View Post
I totally skipped the bella band and went straight to maternity pants... the jeans and other under-belly styles are AWESOME for the 1st 2 trimesters (at least IMHO) but now the over the belly are seeming more appealing as my belly has gotten to the point where it starts pushing my low riders even lower!!! and of course my shirts (yes, maternity ones!!) are even starting to ride up a little... so have to be careful of showing skin!! EEKS!!! )
I have yet to try the over the belly ones. I am starting to notice that the under the belly ones dig into me at work. I hate the feel of pants under my boobs though..... reminds me of when I was a kid and thats the only kinda pants they had..
Old 01-16-2008, 07:15 AM   #72
Crimping Master

Default Keep me in your prayers!!

I had a little brownish colored blood last night. I haven't had it since, just once. But DR wants to run some more bloodwork. She said she is pretty sure I am fine, but wants to just make sure. DH and I had a little fun Saturday, so I am wondering if that has anything to do with since the first question they asked me was if we had relations recently. This is just so nerve racking!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #73

Quote:
Just wait! Only a handful of my maternity shirts actually meet the band on my maternity pants anymore. I do nothing but walk around pulling my shirts down and my pants up!
Gallery Blog
Old 01-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #74

Quote:
I had a little brownish colored blood last night. I haven't had it since, just once. But DR wants to run some more bloodwork. She said she is pretty sure I am fine, but wants to just make sure. DH and I had a little fun Saturday, so I am wondering if that has anything to do with since the first question they asked me was if we had relations recently. This is just so nerve racking!!!
Hugs! I'm sure everything will be okay!
Gallery Blog
Old 01-16-2008, 07:32 AM   #75
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Just wait! Only a handful of my maternity shirts actually meet the band on my maternity pants anymore. I do nothing but walk around pulling my shirts down and my pants up!
hee hee... maybe i will have to invest in some suspenders!!! )

how are you doing?

Old 01-16-2008, 07:33 AM   #76
Mad Swapper

Quote:
BIG hugs your way and sending lots of prayers up for you... i had a little spotting early on too - just try to take it easy and keep your feet up

Old 01-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #77

Quote:

how are you doing?
Fine, but really starting to think I'll be induced.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Suspenders... brilliant! I'm tired of hiking my pants up and my shirt down.... wonder if you could use suspenders and pin both the shirt and the pants in them?

Hi all, just noticed this pregnancy thread. I'm due the first week of June.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:42 AM   #79
Mad Swapper

now that is a new idea... perhaps i will PIN my shirt and pants together!! lol...

Old 01-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #80
Glitter Guru

Default HI...

praying for you Vanessa, welcome tamara, hang in there Paula!

Had 2nd U/s yesterday. Everything looks great! Was released from RE to go to regular Ob now. Baby was very active and actually looks like a baby instead of a peanut! The u/s tech showed us a head on view of baby and it looked like it was trying to play patty cake! Baby measures 9w 5d which is where fertility friends says I am at. FF says my due date is 8/15, RE's office says it's 8/18. We'll see what the ob says in two weeks. I have my first appt with them on 1/30. In early internal u/s's, is it normal for there to be bright white spots in some places? There are a couple tiny bright white spots on most of the pictures right about where the heart should be, is that normal. The u/s tech didn't say anything about it. All she said was everything looks great. The pictures actually show legs and feet and a little of arms/hands. I can stop taking my prog supplement on the 20th! Thank goodness, it's such a pain!

Dh's cousin's wife found out two days ago that she is expecting again. They have been together nearly 18 years and have never used BC. She concieved for the first time this past summer, but had a m/c shortly after. This time, she had an u/s right away to make sure the baby implanted properly and they took blood tests. MIL thinks that her prog was low like mine, so she's on supplements too. Everything looks good so far.