Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #4121
Kookie Creator

Send a message via AIM to Kimlovestostamp

Congratulations!

I started back to work on Monday and so far so good. Poor little Ben is having a hard time getting into a routine, but I know that will come. Obviously sleeping in the car seat while I ran around during maternity leave isn't the best way to get a kid used to sleeping in a bed during consistent times! ha ha But my older two girls were totally ready to get back to me doing daycare and them having a consistent routine too. It's amazing how much better they are with a good schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneidy View Post
Hello All,
I'm back and waiting for number two. I'm due around Thanksgiving. It's crazy being tired and sore while chasing around a 3 yr old!

Here's my daycare blog: http://www.kimsdaycarenebraska.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #4122
Matboard Maniac

Well, I first joined this group when I was expecting Liam. He's now 15 months old and I'm now expecting baby #2 in early December. I haven't posted much since Liam was born or even been on SCS much. I haven't done any scrapbooking and very little stamping in the last 2 years. Basically just Christmas cards and birth announcements. I'm excited about having another baby. Hoping for a girl this time. Will find out at the end of the month, right before we travel to see family. I'm hoping to make time to scrapbook more, just as soon as I have some energy. My plan is to get Liam's first year done by the time the new baby arrives. Ambitious, I know, but I have almost all the prints I need to accomplish my goal, only missing his birthday party pics.
Expecting baby #2 Dec. 3, 2011
Old 07-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #4123
Embossing Fanatic

Default back again!

Hello everyone Im back I joined back when I was pregnant with my 2nd son he will be 1 on aug 4th and I am 10 weeks pregnant today! So it will be nice to chat with other mommys that feel the way I do!

- syrena K
Old 07-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #4124
Rubber Obsessor

Default It's a girl?

Hi all, well on my 20 week ultrasounds with a little one that didn't really cooperate it looks like I will be having a little girl. They are planning another ultrasound at my next appointment so we'll see what happens. It will make April happy if it is a little girl b/c she wanted a sister. I tell you one thing I think I was definetly more motivated last time I was pregnant than I am this time. Granted I think some if it is due to working day instead of 2nd shift now. I get so much more done in the morning and during the day alone than I do at night after a full day of work.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #4125
Embossing Fanatic

Default Nt Scan

Well I went to my NT scan today and im 13 weeks and 3 days but, baby is a bit bigger (not a surprise my husband is 5' 4") And I asked the tech for a "nub" shot and she gave me one and also a potty shot and it looks like we are defiantly having boy #3!! We are so happy we have everything for boys already.... That just means I will scrapbooking alone lol Did anyone else get a picture with the "nub" in it at there NT scan?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #4126
Kookie Creator

Congrats to the new mommies to be on here!
It seems like I used to be on here way more - but I have found Facebook to be the biggest time suck ever!!!!!! I don't know if that is good or bad.
My last little baby is now almost 6 months old. He's a sweet little angel and by far the most content little baby out of my five kiddos. My only complaint is that I sure wish he would sleep completely through the night.... He still likes to get up once to have about a 5-10 minute snack and then is good to go until morning.
Hope everyone has a great fall!!

Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #4127
Pearl-ExPert

Just found this thread and I'm so excited to chat with other stampers that are new or soon-to-be new moms!

I am 23 1/2 weeks, so *almost* 6 mths. Wow! Time is surely flying! This will be our first, last and only....I'm 39 and just celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary (although we have been together since 2002!); so no more for me...I have a lot of mixed feelings about being an 'older' mom as it is!

Been bumming over what I think will be 'lost' crafting time once Peanut is here (we don't know what we are having and this nickname DH came up with just sorta stuck). I know there will be lots of other new, exciting things to deal with, but I'm gonna miss my "me" time! lol!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:09 AM   #4128
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to jthoman

Welcome Galet! Congratulations. It's so excited having your first. I wish you the best of luck in the remainder of your pregnancy and an easy delivery. My kids are 3 years and 7 months. I've been keeping up with this thread since I had my first.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:51 AM   #4129
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, Jaci!

I was just chuckling over all of your names starting with "J"....my cousin's family are all "A"s...Amy, (big) Angel, (little) Angel, Avery and AvaMarie...
Old 10-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #4130
Glitter Guru

I hadn't intended to do all J names, but DH wanted that. I got to pick the names (i like unusual names since mine is unusual) so it worked for me. I joked before we had kids if we knew we were having a boy and a girl to name them Maci and Mason (my name is pronounced JC). And that's what we had, but we couldn't have predicted it. My dad and his brothers are all BR names and my mom and her sister both start with M, but my dad had one sis and my mom had one brother that started with a different letter.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #4131
Insane Embellisher

hi everyone. I haven't posted here in quite some time. I was on the TTC board for a long time, struggled with infertility for about 5 years then we were finally successfull and we had twins. We are beyond happy and satisfied. So did we bother with safe sex? of course not. the twins are now 2 years and 3 months. I went in for a regular pap and came out with a positive pregnancy test. I was so shocked because we did not think this was possible, the nurse who knew me and remembered my journey was there and she is the one who gave me the "routine test" results wiht tears in her eyes. I actually laughed at her and told her their must be a mx up. I waited till DH had finished dinner and we were in bed talking and relaxing, he did not believe me. I showed him my 1st prenatal appointment, he looked at me confused and said "I don't understand? Why do you have a prenatal appt?" I could only laugh at him. It finally sunk and our lives are completely changed. I hope and pray for a healthy baby. btw I am only 6 weeks. We have not told a soul but SCS is "my" place. hope to find support.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #4132
Kookie Creator

Oh my gosh, scrappychica - that is so exciting. I will be sending positive thoughts your way! That is so exciting! I'm sure you are over the moon!

Old 11-18-2011, 06:01 AM   #4133
Glitter Guru

Congrats Scrappychica! That's a crazy story. There are quite a few of us on here that went on to have a healthy all natural "surprise" baby after years of infertility. It's crazy to think about what we had to go through to become parents the first time around and how easy it was the 2nd. Good luck and a happy and healthy 9 months to you!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #4134
Insane Embellisher

thank you Kim and Jaci. I am still in shock. It's so different this time because I'm not lined up with a bunch of appointments, blood work and constant medication and monitoring. I'm in a state of secret bliss.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #4135
Insane Embellisher

Hows everyone doing? I guess the holidays has kept everyone busy.
Well, Im a day shy of 13 weeks. Everything is going well so far. seems I'm out of breath alot lately (that may be due to chasing 2 year old twins around)
Hoping everyone is well.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #4136
luvstochatchatCHAT

Location: In the land of sweet and unexpected (but prayed for!) baby bliss

Just finding this board after another flybaby told me about it! I'm 38 and am just into my 9th week! I have two older kiddos, 13 and 9!! Crazy! A total suprise, but a much wanted one by all!!!

Major morning sickness going on. Ugh. Right now my craving is for stuffed crust pizza. But drinking....I can hardly down water. Thankfully we have some Vernors on hand but I'm running low (a ginger soda which is hard to find where we live, but we get some every summer when we got east).

I'm a stamper and scrapper, although not much of anything is getting done lately. I do Project Life but always get behind in the summer and I still haven't caught up yet...

Off to read some posts here!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #4137
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychica View Post
hi everyone. I haven't posted here in quite some time. I was on the TTC board for a long time, struggled with infertility for about 5 years then we were finally successfull and we had twins. We are beyond happy and satisfied. So did we bother with safe sex? of course not. the twins are now 2 years and 3 months. I went in for a regular pap and came out with a positive pregnancy test. I was so shocked because we did not think this was possible, the nurse who knew me and remembered my journey was there and she is the one who gave me the "routine test" results wiht tears in her eyes. I actually laughed at her and told her their must be a mx up. I waited till DH had finished dinner and we were in bed talking and relaxing, he did not believe me. I showed him my 1st prenatal appointment, he looked at me confused and said "I don't understand? Why do you have a prenatal appt?" I could only laugh at him. It finally sunk and our lives are completely changed. I hope and pray for a healthy baby. btw I am only 6 weeks. We have not told a soul but SCS is "my" place. hope to find support.

Awww, that is wonderful!! We've always had to try and try and try again. Even with my 13 and 9 year old!! And now nine years later something finally clicked!! We were in total awe!! I'm just into my 9th week! Morning sickness is so bad that it's taking away my pregnancy joys at the moment.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #4138
luvstochatchatCHAT

I just realized this thread hasn't been touched since 12/11!! Ooops, maybe there is a live thread going. Off to check!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #4139
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstamp View Post
I just realized this thread hasn't been touched since 12/11!! Ooops, maybe there is a live thread going. Off to check!
Congratulations to current pregnant mommies!
My baby is 4 months old now, recently discovered she loves to eat her toes!
Enjoy the time and hope the ill effects subside soon!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #4140
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychica View Post
Congratulations to current pregnant mommies!
My baby is 4 months old now, recently discovered she loves to eat her toes!
Enjoy the time and hope the ill effects subside soon!
Thanks! Maybe some newly pregnant moms will find this thread!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #4141
Kookie Creator

It will probably help to get this thread back on top and visible again. What is really weird is that the other day, I came to the support group forum to see if there had been any activity on here lately and there hadn't been. In fact, I could find the thread. I know personally, I've let SCS slide because when there is only a limited amount of hours in the day, I tend to spend most all my time on either Facebook or Pinterest.....

Congrats to all you preggo mommies and new mommies out there. After I made a huge deal out of our last baby (who is now 18 months old) being our LAST one, we were surprised to get pregnant last spring.... But then lost the baby at 16 weeks which was completely devastating. To go from having a surprise to then having it taken away just sucked. Soooo....I think we're going to try again for the next six months or so and if we get pregnant again, fine. If we don't I will be fine with that too. I'm really kind of on the fence about it. It's semi-hard for me to stay pregnant, so it's a lot of emotional strain to go through all that. IDK...I guess things all work out how they are meant to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstamp View Post
Thanks! Maybe some newly pregnant moms will find this thread!

Old 11-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #4142
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimlovestostamp View Post
It will probably help to get this thread back on top and visible again. What is really weird is that the other day, I came to the support group forum to see if there had been any activity on here lately and there hadn't been. In fact, I could find the thread. I know personally, I've let SCS slide because when there is only a limited amount of hours in the day, I tend to spend most all my time on either Facebook or Pinterest.....

Congrats to all you preggo mommies and new mommies out there. After I made a huge deal out of our last baby (who is now 18 months old) being our LAST one, we were surprised to get pregnant last spring.... But then lost the baby at 16 weeks which was completely devastating. To go from having a surprise to then having it taken away just sucked. Soooo....I think we're going to try again for the next six months or so and if we get pregnant again, fine. If we don't I will be fine with that too. I'm really kind of on the fence about it. It's semi-hard for me to stay pregnant, so it's a lot of emotional strain to go through all that. IDK...I guess things all work out how they are meant to.
I'm so sorry...loss is so hard no matter the circumstances. I had a very early miscarriage in 2008 (only knew I was PG for 1 week) and at that time we were actively trying. This time we weren't active about it by any means...who is after nine years LOL, but we were preventing anything either, so we're elated! Sure hope I don't lose it...been very sick so hopefully that is a good sign. Go on the 20th for my first app't and to hear the heartbeat!!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #4143
Kookie Creator

Default Thanks

Thanks. I did suck, but I remind myself of all the ways it could have been worse --- we were only 16 weeks so it was still considered a miscarriage rather than a stillborn, and I can't imagine having a baby born live and then die, and I could have been further along....so all in all, I am trying to not let it freak me out.
What stinks is that I was just getting to the point of the shock wearing off and was getting really excited. And I'm a sore loser, so I don't think I could let things end on this note. I can't really even tell people (like my family) that we're kind of really trying now because I already have five kids and people think I'm nutso with that. ha ha

Old 11-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #4144
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimlovestostamp View Post
Thanks. I did suck, but I remind myself of all the ways it could have been worse --- we were only 16 weeks so it was still considered a miscarriage rather than a stillborn, and I can't imagine having a baby born live and then die, and I could have been further along....so all in all, I am trying to not let it freak me out.
What stinks is that I was just getting to the point of the shock wearing off and was getting really excited. And I'm a sore loser, so I don't think I could let things end on this note. I can't really even tell people (like my family) that we're kind of really trying now because I already have five kids and people think I'm nutso with that. ha ha
oh my...no...loss is loss...each one is so precious. Being as we had a nine year gap, we thought we might get some not so kind remarks, but we haven't. I think b/c we are so happy, everyone else can't help be whether they think we're crazy or not!!! Hugs to you...and thanks for coming back to chat...I sure hope you get some...what is it they say on the baby boards...baby fairy dust or something like that!!