Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 AM   #961
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by damita98 View Post
Hi Jennie,
I can actually relate a little, my little sister was brutally murdered in May of 1992 and it took me years to get over it and get help. And her killer got off easily, it's very stressful and it's hard because nobody knows how you feel. I will keep you in my prayers, you will get through this.
Monique
Dearest Monique, did not know that you had lost your sweet little sister in such an horrific and ugly manner. My heart goes out to you but grateful to the Lord that you got help and are reaching out to Jennie.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:29 AM   #962
Compulsive Stamper

My heart goes out to you.

www.thesingingtree.biz
Old 05-05-2009, 04:09 AM   #963
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to lrzaworski

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know nothing can replace your beautiful child. Time is going to help. Lots of prayers and blessings!!

Linda "LZ" Zaworski
Baltimore, MD
http://lzjustkeepingbusy.blogspot.com/
Old 06-02-2009, 02:48 AM   #964
Compulsive Stamper

Jennie and the family my heartfelt thoughts go straight out to you, My 21year old Sister was brutally Murdered in her own home by the man she loved on 23rd March 2008, she was subjected to a 14 hr beating, we later found out is had no hair left on her head, he beat her with a big chain etc, etc, she left a 5yr old daughter but my Mum can't get over this she now has full custody of my niece which has helped her but she still visits the crying room everyday, the man responsible for this only got 6yrs they said in court that because she was diabetic this had a helping hand in her death. Hope Jennie and Vicki are much stronger now sending huge HUGS.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #965
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellma View Post
Jennie and the family my heartfelt thoughts go straight out to you, My 21year old Sister was brutally Murdered in her own home by the man she loved on 23rd March 2008, she was subjected to a 14 hr beating, we later found out is had no hair left on her head, he beat her with a big chain etc, etc, she left a 5yr old daughter but my Mum can't get over this she now has full custody of my niece which has helped her but she still visits the crying room everyday, the man responsible for this only got 6yrs they said in court that because she was diabetic this had a helping hand in her death. Hope Jennie and Vicki are much stronger now sending huge HUGS.

How absolutely tragic, Helen, my heart goes out to you and your family. Something must be terribly wrong when the murder victim is blamed in her own death and the murderer only gets 6 yrs. - that is not justice.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:49 PM   #966
Rubber Obsessor

I haven't been on in quite awhile but I know that the last I heard from Jennie she had gone to the trial for the person that murdered her child. Has anyone heard from her since? My prayers are always with her even if I am not in posting.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #967
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distract View Post
I haven't been on in quite awhile but I know that the last I heard from Jennie she had gone to the trial for the person that murdered her child. Has anyone heard from her since? My prayers are always with her even if I am not in posting.
Jennie has not been onto SCS in almost a year, Vicki I believe peeks in but doesn't post. I'm not aware of anyone that's heard from them lately, I only hope that they've found peace somehow.

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Old 08-01-2009, 07:14 AM   #968
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Praying that the Lord pours out His peace over Jennie and Vicki. Cannot imagine how difficult this has been for them.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:09 AM   #969
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellma View Post
I am so sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you and your family.
I think that is just terrible he only got 6 years! One reason why I do not like certain lawyers is they help get these criminals out of a lengthly sentence that they deserve and they do it for the money they make from it. Not for justice. His real judgement day will be coming someday though.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #970
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to tachar

Thinking about Jeannie and Vicki lately hoping that they are healing and finding some peace. If there is any updates could someone post or let them know they are still in others thoughts and prayers. Thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #971
Pearl-ExPert

I sent a card some time ago and heard nothing back either. I kind of think they are all just trying to get past the tragedy. God bless Jennie and Vicki and the whole family. If there was something more any of us could do, I know we all would.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #972
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Asking the Lord to be with this family as they continue on this difficult path.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:07 PM   #973
Cardstock Collector

Default Hugs and Prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhes3 View Post
I have a husband and two other children that are grown and married. My daughter was 31 years old. My husband is retired from the Chicago Police and my son is a Chicago Policeman. My older daughter is beautiful and kind and wonderful. She comes over as much as she can. She lives 80 miles from us. My husband and I are not talking much. We both seem to go around in a daze. He blames himself for not being able to save his own family even though we both know that he couldn't have been there or known about it. She was one of my best friends in the world. She was so beautiful and kind and generous. She thought she could save the world. I am having a horrible time. I think I am starting to ramble so I guess I better end here.

Thanks again. I love looking at all your cards. They are so beautiful and there doesn't seem to be enough beauty in this world.
Hi hon. My daughter was brutally murdered...10 yrs ago Feb. 11th. My father was a career police officer. I can't say what it was like for my parents as we lived a little too far apart. We were also both going through our own grief and it took a little while for us to get back together. I know it was very hard on them, but they did survive it. I learned through my mom that men often handle it so much different than us gals. Coming from a police family, it was of course a shock. My dad saw stuff every day, and we heard about it and were taught all kinds of stuff because of it. We've all gone through the shoulda, coulda, woulda's on saving my little girl. But ultimately, we know we did everything we could with what we knew at the time. It took a year for the murderer to go to trial also, about 6 months for the one who aided (don't ask my why it was that way). We've been through that portion of it. A small legal bit is still on-going due to our "special"circumstances. I guess I'm telling you all this to let you know I understand a little. If you ever need someone to talk to, I will be here for you. Another great resource is the Parents Of Murdered Children organization and their may be a local chapter in your area. Hang in there hon. It does get mostly better.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #974
Cardstock Collector

Default Healing Under Gods Shelter (HUGS)

I have written on this forum in the past. My 25 year old daughter was murdered on July1, 2007. Since then we have navigated the legal system carefully and with much anxiety. On January 14, 2010 we accepted a plea agreement. My purpose for riting now is that I am starting a prayer support group: Healing Under God's Shelter.

http://rememberingtonia.wordpress.co...-gods-shelter/

If you are interested I would like to hear from other people who have experienced a loved one being murdered. I need to know how you have coped or not. I would like to know what could have helped you out as you have had to travel this road.

I am putting this group together first at our local church but I would like to expand it both online and as a resouce across the United States!

Thank you and God bless us all as we miss our loved ones!

Kathy

Healing Under Godís Shelter (HUGS) Ministry: A Group for those affected by Homicide, Suicide or other sudden traumatic deaths

What we offer:

* direct support to those bereaved through homicide, suicide or other sudden traumatic deaths.
* people who care, enabling you to meet with people who can understand your pain, to share with each other, your fears, to know that it is ok to cry and to realize that it is also ok to laugh knowing that you wonít be judged by your actions.
* healing & grace through a relationship with Jesus Christ and with other believers
* tools to enable you to forgive when you are ready
* To raise public awareness about the effects of murder and manslaughter on families and friends through speaking, writing and classes
* support through the legal process and to help answer questions about the legal issues that come up due to your loss