Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #281
Gallery Gazer

Sorry I meant impatient, thought some people I know might think I should be an inpatient.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:06 AM   #282
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via Yahoo to walkr97
Talking New to SCS & new demo!

Hi everyone! I am new to SCS and a new demostrator as of June. I have been stamping for about a year. My cousin got me addicted and now I have a wonderful new way to relax as well as some of the best friends of my life! My upline is the most wonderful person. She is lots of help. I hope to make more new friends and find some great ideas for my workshops here. I had my first workshop a couple of weeks ago and it went really well. I have three more scheduled already. I am having a blast! I have a couple of questions though. Where do I find the demostrator only forum? How do I put a picture next to my posts? I found a card in the gallery that I love. It uses walnut ink. Does anyone know what this is and how to do it? It is a really cool card.

Janet
Old 07-09-2006, 08:37 AM   #283
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkr97
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT Where do I find the demostrator only forum? How do I put a picture next to my posts? I found a card in the gallery that I love. It uses walnut ink. Does anyone know what this is and how to do it? It is a really cool card.

Janet
Is it Tim Holtz Walnut Stain? I don't have it but I think you can get it at the hobby lobby.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #284
Cardstock Collector

I am a demonstrator and have been for 3 years and I am new to splitcoast. I am wanting to start posting asap. Can anyone give me some pointers for getting started?
Old 07-20-2006, 05:15 AM   #285
Mad Swapper

Default New to SCS

I am a past SU demonstrator. I still enjoy going to to all the 10-10-10's I can and ordering, ordering, ordering! I have 4 demonstrators I deal with, one being a gal from Sparks, NV I met online through SU. We still keep in touch! All great people! I love the tips you get on this site. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #286
Matboard Maniac

Hello from TN. I'm a new demonstrator and new to SCS. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years. I just started stamping this year and fell in love! I love making the cards and the stamps work perfectly for my scrapbooking.
I've been doing some reading but I can see I have a lot more to do!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #287
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up To HollyJo

If you go to the general Swaps Forum, at the very beginning, there is a thread that has "the template" for a swap, the rules, and beginners' tips from the SCS folks. I have seen post to priority, but boy, the postage adds up. Most say "no postage meter strips." Just found out that means that the priority stamp is dated and therefore only good to mail out something on that date. That's a good place to start. Also, Pammyn does a lot of swaps, and I'm sure she wouldn't mind sharing some of her past experiences. Good luck--I'll sign up!
Old 08-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #288
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to MissyO
Question Are you a new demonstrator or new to SCS?

Hi Julie,
I read your post about if you were a demonstrator and new to SCS. Well I am new SCS and I am a demo however, when I went to your link for demonstrators it took me to a place to sign up if I was SU demo, well what about those of us that are not SU demos. For instance I am a TAC demo and was just wondering if you had anything similar for us to sign up and belong to.
I have been looking through SCS and I love it and can't wait to participate, but I did not know where to start and then I found your email.
I can't wait to hear from and i just want to thank you for your help.

Inky Huggz,
Missy Olson
Angel #1754
North Branch, MN
Old 08-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #289
Rubber Obsessor

Okay, I'm doing it...I've been hanging around forever learning, listening, watching (like a stalker)...and now I'm going to show my face. There's so much more I'd like to do here, and I'm realizing that I don't need to be shy, I just need to jump in and introduce myself. I am the mother of a two-year old who stays home days while my husband works (military) and I stamp so as not to lose my sanity. (Anyone that can relate to this?) I'm new to VA, I've only been here for just over a year and am having a hard time finding customers for workshops. If anyone has suggestions, I'd love ideas! Congrats to all of you that are new to the site!!
Old 08-15-2006, 06:30 AM   #290
Kookie Creator

I am thinking about signing up as demo. I have been a loyal SU customer for 3 + years. I figure I will be able to spend at least half of quota required. My concern is that the area I live in seems saturated with demos. Any suggestions about starting up a client base? Most of my friends who stamp will be ordering through the demo who will be my upline.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:15 PM   #291
Embossing Fanatic

Smile

Hi-

I have neen lurking for a while (I already have a full page of favorites) but still semi new to SCS. I am not a SU demo, although lately I have been considering signing on as a demo, just for personal use. Does anyone else do that? I could easily make the quota, and I really want to go to conventions.

So, in a year or so I may take the plunge. I am already a demo for another direct sales company (different segment though, I sell food), but I am SO attracted to SU!
Old 08-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #292
Glitter Queen

Default Introducing Myself

Good evening everyone,
My name is Jodie Heuser and I'm currently a stamp store owner. I've been stamping for about 4 years now, I live in Jacksonville, FL, am married for almost 9 years now and have 4 pets, 2 rabbits, and 2 cats.
I'm looking forward to learning all I can and getting to know as many folks as I can.
Take care - Jodie
Old 08-17-2006, 01:27 AM   #293
Glitter Queen

alooooha!
I am new to this site and fell in love with all the ideas that I can get from here. I'v been a SU demonstrator since Oct. of 05 and love doing it. I also just recently started to get back into the grove I just had my number 5 child. Yes, 5 and proud of it. A little crazy and hectic but I love it. Well, just wanted to say aloha,

aloha,
shannon
Old 08-17-2006, 05:55 AM   #294
Cardstock Collector

Location: Edmonton, AB Home of the largest mall in the world!
Wink Just wanted to say HI

Wow!! I can't believe this website!! My husband calls me the cult follower, because I love to stamp and create!! Looking forward to trying some of these techniques and loooking forward to the winter hibernation so I can stamp LOTS!!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #295
Cardstock Collector

To quinnwhite:

Hi there! I am in the same situation you are!! I actually just became a demo at the beginning of August. I have friends that will probably just stick to ordering from my original demo. I am a teacher so I will be back at work next week. I want to find out how to build clients too.
Good luck. Hopefully we can find some ideas! Diane
Old 08-18-2006, 06:17 AM   #296
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to WshUpnASta
Smile I signed up as a demo a year ago.

I still attend my upline's stamp camps/workshops because I learn so many techniques.

Deb in Maine
Old 08-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #297
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via MSN to mommacarlisle
Default not so new to SCS...

I've been a member since February, but have really just started getting used to the website and really taking advantage of all the FABULOUS information. I became a stay at home mom in May and have been stampin as much as I can while my baby is asleep.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:41 AM   #298
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to WshUpnASta
Smile I've been a member of this board for a year

But I've still not seen all there is on this board. Its very overwhelming at first.

Deb in Maine
Old 08-19-2006, 07:02 AM   #299
Compulsive Stamper

Default A new Demo ....

I am a new demo since July of this year, I consider myself a hobby demo, as I have not yet had an official workshop. That's okay with me. I seem to be able to meet my quotas with my own purchases. I love the ideas I get from Stampin Up and I enjoy the ideas I can get from SCS...

Stampin is my new addiction!

Lisa
Old 08-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #300
Glitter Queen

Wink New Member

Hi Everyone, I'm 14 and just joined SCS, I love stamping and scrapbookintg, I've enjoyed looking at the gallery and have got lot's of ideas off of here, so I decidedd to become a member. I will try an upload some photos today.

~Madelyn
Old 08-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #301
Cardstock Collector

I am new to SCS and I love the gallery. Thanks to everyone who has posted such beautiful pieces. You are all an inspiration. I just received my first SU order and I am so excited and scard to get started. I have been looking through the techniques booklet and am a little overwhelmed. I hope to post something soon.
Thanks again
megan
Old 08-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #302
Cardstock Collector

Hi I am Patti. I am from San antonio, Tx. I have been a demonstrator for nearly 2 years. I love to stamp and scrapbook. I have 2 daughters 8 and 10. Today was their first day of school. I am a registered nurse and work in a recovery room. Married to a wonderful man who works for HEB.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:55 PM   #303
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to StampinJenP Send a message via Yahoo to StampinJenP
Wink New to SCS & SU

I became a demonstrator last month. I have an upline, but she lives almost a thousand miles away. I though I could do the Stampin' Up demonstrating on my own.. Boy was I wrong. I am here to look for advice on how to build up customer base, Ideas for stamp sets, and frienship and fun!
I live in Tucson, AZ and am very excited to have found this place!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #304
Glitter Queen

Hello everyone!! I am new to SCS as well.. A friend told me about the site and I am hooked!! I love all the ideas I've seen on here. I used a card idea for a friend's birthday card and she loved it!! ( I will go back to find out who made it so I can give kudos). I also recently became a SU demonstrator. At first it was going to be for personal use, but now I think I'd like to try and have some parties or workshops. I have several friends who will now order from me. But I have some of the same questions as StampinJenP. I want to build a good base of customers and would enjoy maybe doing a swap for getting more ideas.
If anyone has any ideas, what card/scrapbook pg/other projects could I do for a potential party? (back to school? halloween?) A friend of a friend showed interest in having a party. I've met her and several of her friends and at my upline's party, they enjoyed altering her projects to make it their own (which I am all for)! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! If it helps, these ladies all have little girls
Old 08-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #305
Glitter Queen

Aloha StampinJenP,
I started out by myself because not to be mean but my upline hasn't been to helpful to me but what I did to get started with customers is I looked at close friends and their friends. Normally, your friends would attend your workshops and bring a friend if you ask them too normally doesn't always work. Neighbors work too. Also, I went to my childrens school and one of my son's was in a program that would help him get adjusted to kindergarten anyways, they looked for ideas to get parents involved with the program so I suggested to do a demo party and they loved the idea. Along with doing that there was a teacher from another school that was running the same program came and she asked me to do one for her school and so on... It's seems hard but you can do! Another thing is make sure you have all your info on your profile in your stampin up online site. I gained 2 customers that way also. Hope this has helped you somehow. Let me know)

aloha,
shannon
Old 08-21-2006, 10:13 PM   #306
Glitter Queen

Aloha Christie79,
I hope that the information that I gave stampinjen will help you also. Let me know. This site is soo awsome I got lots of ideas. I go nuts! I can't stop trying to do all the projects that they have posted.

aloha,
ohanagill
Old 08-22-2006, 04:41 AM   #307
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Jen

I too have an upline who is long distance, I am in Florida and she is in Maryland. I agree, it is hard to get started with out your upline near you. I feel the same way you do, Excited to be a demo but nervous to get started with workshops and such.
Lisa

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt

James 4:8
Old 08-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #308
Cardstock Collector

I'm new. Well, not really. I've been here for over a year but I've held my tongue long enough and I want to chat too!
LOL
Jenn
Old 08-22-2006, 08:55 PM   #309
Cardstock Collector

MORE COWBELL!!!!!! TOO funny! One of my favorites.....

Great to hear that you are doing so well. I just started as a demo for TAC under my mom. My first party went great last weekend. I'm easing in it a little slower than most. My daughter had her tonsils out on Monday. So we'll be cooped up at home for the week. Oh well, that means I can STAMP!

Best of luck for your future parties!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:58 PM   #310
Glitter Queen

Hi I am Isabella. I just became a demo last week. This website is amazing and I can't wait to get more supplies to try some new ideas I learned here. By the way, did I say how long I have been stamping? Since the night I ordered the starter kit! Am I crazy or not
Old 08-22-2006, 09:31 PM   #311
Glitter Queen

Hello everyone,
I am sort of new to SCS. I have been a member for a while but I was mostly trying to navigate this massive site. (There is so much info on here!)I have absoluetely loved being on SCS and I started to feel a little left out of all the fun stuff that goes on. So I thought I would introduce myself. I am Mia and I live in Iwakuni, Japan. I have been stamping and collecting (supplies) for about 2 years now and I just love it. I use mostly SU products because....well because it all matches. LOL I am a photographer and a homeschooling mom. And I am looking forward to chatting with all of you!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:43 PM   #312
Glitter Queen

Send a message via MSN to SeaShellz Send a message via Yahoo to SeaShellz

Welcome to all you newbies. I am still a little new & don't know all the in's & out's of this place yet!! Being addicted is a good thing here I am finding out!! I log on the forget I am still on & when I come back to the computer it is still where ever I left off!! I am so ADDICTED & PROUD to admit it!! I am getting along slowly with my SU but I am not feeling confident enough yet to just have a work shops. I will be trying harder to be more eager to do a work shop!! Again welcome to everyone new here you will love it I Promise!!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:33 AM   #313
Rubber Obsessor

Hello, everyone! I just joined SCS and I love it! I have been a demo for 2 1/2years and went to my first convention this year. It was crazy and amazing at the same time!!!!! A sideline told me I could get some card ideas here, but there is so much more! You put alot of work into this site, that's for sure. I live in eastern Massachusetts and would be interested in shoe box swaps if any come up. It'll be so much fun hangin' with you all!

My boss doesn't know I'm on the internet signing up with SCS!!!!!!!!!

Meghan
Old 08-24-2006, 06:42 PM   #314
mkoppinger

Talking It was like christmas.....

my kit came yesturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The UPS man says...."that bottom one is a little heavy" I told him "that's ok it's like CHRISTMAS"!!! I am SOOOOOOO excited to get started. My upline is the BEST and soooo helpful. I some times feel a little overwhelmed and kinda like "oh my gosh am I going to be able to do this"....but she makes it all better. Now if I could only get on the demo forum.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #315
Cardstock Collector

Default BUMP ???

What is this BUMP I see?
ANd how can I get a message to someone, without it showing up on the board?
Thanks so much !!!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:09 AM   #316
Polyshrink Goddess

Post New SCS Junkie & SU Demo

Hello everyone! I just signed up to SCS and as a SU demo. I've been stamping for several years and finally decided to become a demo to feed my addiction! My upline turned me onto this website as being the best place for info and feedback. She's right - I'm having a great time reading everyone's posts. I, too, will have trouble building a client base but will begin as soon as my Starter Kit arrives.

Cathy
Old 08-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #317
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to StampinJenP Send a message via Yahoo to StampinJenP

I am so so grateful to have found this place! I found some awesome technique information today also. I want to congratulate all of us for becoming Demonstrators!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 08:16 PM   #318
Glitter Queen

Hi,
My name is Marilyn and I have been stamping about 2 years and am in the process of trying to decide to become a SU demonstrator. I wonder where you find people to come to workshops. All my friends already stamp!
I see a lot of questions on this site, but not many responses. I must be looking in the wrong place. Where do I find answers to these questions posted here?
Old 09-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #319
Compulsive Stamper

I joined stampinup and I am waiting for my kit. How do I join stampinup demonstrator forums???
thanks
Margaret
marchon@hughes.net
Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #320
Insane Embellisher

Default this site

is a MUST for all stampers!!!!! so awesome and chock full of ideas ...i am so glad my friend showed me the site!