Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2006, 10:38 PM   #241
Cardstock Collector

I have been stamping for about 9 months, my main hobby is scrapbooking. I have been to a Stampin up party at least once a month. Get one or two things at each and am slowly getting my collection going. I am soooo addicted to this stuff it isn't funny. Now I make cards for everything.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #242
Gabfest Goddess

Default Hi Kavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavi Coulson
Just want to say hello to all the wonderful members of this site! I've been a member for a couple of years, but have just looked at the amazing art posted and tutorials. Several friends are members and keep telling me to get more active with this group!
I just retired last week after 30 years of teaching-mostly first grade and am now ready to get imore nvolved! I am a "hobby" SU! demo-5 years now-but have been stamping for over 10 years. I have 2 grown children and a DH of 38 years! I love to read, make cornshuck dolls with a friend, listen to Oldies music (and I mean "oldies" ) and stamp!
Kavi Coulson
Just thought I would add my hi. I've been a demo with stampin up since September. I hadn't planned to be hobby demo, but I guess I am as I have primarily used it to feed my addiction to stamping as I haven't been able to get any of my friends very interested and I have no family in the area.
I was attracted to your post as I was starting to think I was the only over 45 addicted stamper around (actually I must admit to being over 55). Every one I've met is under 35. So your post made me feel very happy, comfortable and not alone.
Suzanne
Old 06-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #243
Cardstock Collector

You are welcome. Thanks for welcoming me. I stamp with a bunch of teachers at my daughter's elementary school. They get together once a month and have a card exchange. I have gotten alot of different cards and alot of different ideas from these get togethers. Some of them are older, most are over 50, but a couple are younger. I fall right in between at almost 41. I just enjoy getting new ideas from these girls. They have some wonderful ideas and they make some interesting cards. I got this site from one of them. I love being able to look up ideas from the stamps I have. Alot of talent out there!!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #244
Glitter Queen

Hi Everyone!

I am 'almost' a demonstrator for Stampin Up(another week or two - officially!) but have been playing around with it for about 5 months. I've always enjoyed doing crafts, gifty things, and trying my hand at scrapbooking a bit but have just started getting into the cards and gift type things with stamps, embellishments, etc. I have a ton of stuff... I think I just enjoy spending lol! Anyway just wanted to say hi! It sounds like everyone here is on the same page I too was told about this site from my demonstrator/upline. I've only been here a few times but decided to be a member so I could join the chats. I'm always reading them I have just never joined. Hope to talk to all of you soon and get some advice/ideas in the future!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:25 AM   #245
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Yahoo to jmhoffmann

I am new to SCS message boards. My name is Joanne and live in Colorado Springs, CO ( for 8 years). I am orginally from Rochester, NY and that is where all of my family is. I have been on the diynet.com scrapbooking boards but would love to be able to talk more about stamping than scrapping. I do both but much prefer stamping. I am happily married to David; we just celebrated our 34th anniversary. We have two wonderful grown up kids both married. Have one adorable grandson Liam. I love making cards, learning new techniques, and all papercrafts. Would love to share ideas etc with all of you.
Happy Stampin', Joanne
Old 06-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #246
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingkwilter
Just thought I would add my hi. I've been a demo with stampin up since September. I hadn't planned to be hobby demo, but I guess I am as I have primarily used it to feed my addiction to stamping as I haven't been able to get any of my friends very interested and I have no family in the area.
I was attracted to your post as I was starting to think I was the only over 45 addicted stamper around (actually I must admit to being over 55). Every one I've met is under 35. So your post made me feel very happy, comfortable and not alone.
Suzanne
Hi Suzanne!
I am also "over 55" and live in MD too! I have been stamping for about a year now and am totally addicted! None of my friends are into stamping either but my boss is and she has just become a new demo this month. I'm going to host a workshop for her and hopefully get some co-workers and a crafty friend interested in stamping too. I have met some wonderful people at the stamp camps my regular demo holds each month at her house so that has helped me to feel connected with other stampers.

Coming to this site has just been so wonderful for me, I enjoy seeing everyone's creations and have been so inspired by them. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, this is such a great community to be a part of!

Kathi

P.S. Whereabouts in MD are you?

My Blog:GoldenPaperDreams
My avatar is one of our rescued Goldens, Sabrae!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:34 PM   #247
Glitter Queen

Send a message via AIM to trismx5 Send a message via Yahoo to trismx5
Red face New New New

haha Did you figure out I'm knew to SC? I've been a demo for a little over a year. I keep hearing how great this site is, so here I am to check it out. I hope that I learn all the tricks of the trade!
I've sent the informaiton I think I needed to join the SU info you mentioned. So hopefully that'll go through and I'll be able to figure it out!
I live in Rincon, GA! Anyone close by? I look forward to really learning lots of things!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:33 AM   #248
Kookie Creator

Wink I'm a newbie....literally!

I just wanted to introduce myself, and say, "WOW"..... I am so inspired by all the creativity here! This website is awesome and addicting, very, very addicting!

I have been doing a little stamping now for several years, but am chomping at the bit to take it to the next level, and get serious! I love to craft!!!

This website has taught me so much already, and I just want to say THANKS to everyone that shares their tips, cards, and well, just everything!!! This truly is amazing!!!

Can't wait to meet like-minded stampers!!!

Susan
Mom of Sara, Scott, Michael, Dustin, Brandon and Brittney....Grandma to Chayce!!!
Once a mother, always a mother!!!:
lol:

III John I:2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:45 AM   #249
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default Welcome Susan

So glad you made it here, Susan. This site is incredible! There is never a shortage of ideas, motivation, and any question you may have will find an answer here! Enjoy.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:18 AM   #250
Glitter Queen

Location: A beautiful place where you can see millions of stars at night.
Smile

Hi, I am fairly new to stamping, went to a workshop last year and signed up to be a demo. It's been difficult to get friends and family motivated to catch the stamping bug. Therefore havent been successful at having any workshops, I am in the almost 50 group and love life, my husband and stamping! This site is awesome and am learning a lot. It would be wonderful to be able to support my hobbie (art therapy) Ha Ha
Thank you to all who have encouraged us newbies.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #251
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimryden
I am Kim...from Kansas. New to SCS and a new demonstrator for Stampin' Up!

I'm lovin it all!
Hi Kim, my name is Sarah and I am also a new demonstrator. I am very excited but a little overwhelmed. Have you had your first workshop yet?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #252
Kookie Creator

Thank you so much...I did it. Wasn't the picture I originally wanted, but it'll do!!!
You're so kind! We all have burdens to carry, and while it may seem like I have lot's, I don't see it that way, and have found many who have so much more than I do!!!

Thanks for your help!!! You are such a blessing!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:18 PM   #253
Kookie Creator

Hi HVStamper....I'm a newbie too....and see that we are close in age, both newbies, and both fairly new to stamping. I am not a demo, but have been entertaining that idea. I can understand that you must be frustrated about not getting much enthusiasm from friends and family, but I want to encourage you to keep trying.
I think with all the information and ideas here, we will be able to knock some socks off of people, and they will see the benefits, even if eventually. I hope you will find some ideas of how to share your business with others and get it moving to make money!!!
I think I may have to do that to pay for my new habit!!! It sure is addicting!!!
Susan
Old 06-24-2006, 12:35 AM   #254
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via Yahoo to ericajsfifield
Smile Not new to SU! but just getting involved with SCS

Hello fellow stampers. I'm not new to SU! (just received my 5-year pin in fact) but I am just getting involved with SCS. I've visited the site before to check out the gallery but haven't really persued it beyond that until the new catalog info was starting to crop up here and there. So here I am. Getting more involved with this great site I've heard so much about and waiting for my confirmation to join the demo's only forum.

Nice to meet you all. Hope for some great stamping chatter and ideas.

~Erica
Old 06-24-2006, 04:31 AM   #255
Glitter Queen

Default Newbie

A quick Hello, I love SCS and visited frequently before joining. I have been stamping for 9 years, just scrapbook when I have to - I teach classes in my home and love to share the knowledge and enthusiam. I am not a SU demonstrator but I do direct selling for TAC. Thanks and looking forward to browsing. Shirley Hotop
Old 06-26-2006, 04:16 AM   #256
Kookie Creator

I am sort of new to SCS...not have had a chance to add to the forums or gallery...my name is Kimberly...I am Ryansmom. I am in Maryland and a demo for SU.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:29 AM   #257
Forum Fanatic

Hi Kimberly!
Welcome to SCS! You will find lots of inspiration, information and wonderful people here! I'm also a Marylander, whereabouts in MD are you? I'm in Glen Burnie. Enjoy!

Kathi

My Blog:GoldenPaperDreams
My avatar is one of our rescued Goldens, Sabrae!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:25 AM   #258
Mad Swapper

Long time stamper, newbie SCSer here. Awesome site. I am having a great time looking around. Thanks for all the inspiration everyone.

My blog
Old 06-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #259
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via MSN to bekahlp
Default I'm new too!

I was just introduced to SCS last week and I am so excited... I've been stamping for a few years now and love anyplace that has new ideas. Thanks for having me!
Old 06-26-2006, 01:45 PM   #260
Cardstock Collector

Hi Kimberly, what a coincidence, that is my name too! I go by Kimba cuz my gram always called me that. I am loving this site. The ideas are unbelievable. Everyone seems so nice here. Thanks for all the ideas. I will try to get some of mine on sometime.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #261
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via ICQ to SweetAvon
Smile Finally an introduction

Hello eveyone!
I joined SCS in January after a friend mentioned that she participated in the swaps here. I have never done any of those yet.

I enjoy stamping to make cards and do projects, especially for the kids. I have not started scrap booking since I do not want another project I have to keep up with! I like to make something and be done! We all have those unfinished projects but I do not need any more!

I live in New York about an hour north of NYC near the CT border. I have a great husband who supports my "habit." I have three boys ages 7, 4, and 14 months. The two oldest love to stamp with me and are very good at keeping Mommy's ink pads clean!

I've been a physical therapist since 1987 but have taken this past year off since the baby was born. The cost of daycare was just too much. I am an Independent AVON Representative which is my "girly" thing with all men in the house! AVON pays for all the extra things like Little League, birthday party gifts, stamping supplies, etc...

I hope to learn lots of new techniques and get inspired by all the talented folks here.
I look forward to meeting everyone!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:48 PM   #262
Compulsive Stamper

Hi I am Laura and have been stamping for about 1 year... still new though... just learning new techniques... this looks like an awesome site.... I am not a demonstrator for SU.... just a student.... Laura
Old 06-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #263
Rubber Obsessor

Default Want to join SU demonstrator link

I'm a new SU demonstrator. I'd like help getting to the SU demonstrators' link.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #264
Crimping Master

Send a message via Yahoo to momofmany
Default My friend needs help

My new friend whose name is Isiah57:15 is a new demonstrator. She would like to get on the link for SU demonstartor. When I got on last year Cam's Mom helped me but I don't remember just exactly how to do it. She wants to go from there to the Stampin' Flybabies link.

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches on the soul. OUR HOPE IS IN THE LORD!
Old 06-30-2006, 02:43 PM   #265
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi127
Hi Suzanne!
I am also "over 55" and live in MD too! I have been stamping for about a year now and am totally addicted! None of my friends are into stamping either but my boss is and she has just become a new demo this month. I'm going to host a workshop for her and hopefully get some co-workers and a crafty friend interested in stamping too. I have met some wonderful people at the stamp camps my regular demo holds each month at her house so that has helped me to feel connected with other stampers.

Coming to this site has just been so wonderful for me, I enjoy seeing everyone's creations and have been so inspired by them. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, this is such a great community to be a part of!

Kathi

P.S. Whereabouts in MD are you?
Hi Kathi,
I am over in Germantown. Probably about 45 minutes or so from you. I don't get over your way much unless I'm headed out of town via BWI! Have you received your new catty's yet. Got mine yesterday! Love it!
Suzanne
Old 06-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #266
Die Cut Diva

Smile Welcome Everyone

Just a welcome to all you new SU demonstrators and SCS addicts (if not now, you soon will be!!) I live in Raleigh, NC - the closest to Georgia, I guess. I have one 23-year old daughter who is going to grad school in Charlotte, about three hours away. My DH works himself to death at IBM, and I hope he takes early retirement soon! I've been an SU demonstrator about a year and a half. If you get a chance to go to Convention next year, DO IT It is well worth it. I just love SCS. There are so many friendly, helpful people, and don't forget to tell the Dirty Dozen, moderators, hostesses, etc. thank you for all their hard work. Get involved in the monthly challenges and check out the Techniques Forum. Also, join the Dirty Dozen fan club!! You'll get a lot for your money. I've never seen such cool stamping and ideas. Almost any subject or question--you'll find something on it on this website. Good luck to everybody!

I'll be in Convention I Red!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 04:57 PM   #267
Rubber Obsessor

Default Hello Cheri,

Cheri,

Thanks for your welcome. I live in Illinois. My hubby is wonderful but works long hours, also. We have 4 children and 1 grandchild.

I'm fairly new to stamping, only 2 years. I'm a new computer user and have never been in a forum. I guess you could say that this is a time for doing new things for me!

Carol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriFurr
Just a welcome to all you new SU demonstrators and SCS addicts (if not now, you soon will be!!) I live in Raleigh, NC - the closest to Georgia, I guess. I have one 23-year old daughter who is going to grad school in Charlotte, about three hours away. My DH works himself to death at IBM, and I hope he takes early retirement soon! I've been an SU demonstrator about a year and a half. If you get a chance to go to Convention next year, DO IT It is well worth it. I just love SCS. There are so many friendly, helpful people, and don't forget to tell the Dirty Dozen, moderators, hostesses, etc. thank you for all their hard work. Get involved in the monthly challenges and check out the Techniques Forum. Also, join the Dirty Dozen fan club!! You'll get a lot for your money. I've never seen such cool stamping and ideas. Almost any subject or question--you'll find something on it on this website. Good luck to everybody!

I'll be in Convention I Red!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #268
Die Cut Diva

Location: Probably reading your blog...instead of actually stamping

I signed and mailed my demo paperwork yesterday! I am so excited!
Old 07-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #269
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to WshUpnASta
Smile Congratulations Michele!

You will love it! I have been using Stampin Up products for the past 5 years and I've never been dissatisfied.

Deb in Maine
Old 07-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #270
Compulsive Stamper

I'm a new SU Demo as well and somehow joined the Demo only forum and have been accepted. What do I need to do now?
Old 07-06-2006, 05:14 AM   #271
Gabfest Goddess

Question HELP!

I am getting confused on what the Demonstrator forum is and how to join it. I have joined something called SU Sisters. Is that the demo forum or something else? I thought I had joined the Demo forum, but a recent post I readabout how to find it once you've joined seemed to indicate that once you are a member of it it would show up on your forum list. SU Sisters doesn't show up there I have to go to YAHOO Groups to access it. I went to the join groups page on SCS and clicked to join the Demo forum about 4 days ago but nothing has happened when I go back there it still just say I asked to join the group 4 days ago. HELP! what am I doing wrong. I really would like to be part of this group so I can get some more ideas on how to make my SU buisness a success. I've been a demo for almost a year now and so far it's not going to well. I'm spending way to much of my own money just to stay active and make a go of it.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #272
Cardstock Collector

Default I am new to SCS

Hi there

are there any other members from England
Old 07-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #273
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Everyone. I just joined SCS. I've been a lurker at this site for a long time; but this morning - I decided it's time I join. It's a Great Site. I love it and hope to become involved it all of your activities. There is so much to do and so many neat things to make and read and navigate through. I know I will love this site. Thanks to everyone for making SCS so wonderful.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #274
Cardstock Collector

No I am from the US, but glad you're here. I have learned alot from this site. Very good ideas floating around.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #275
Cardstock Collector

Smile

I am new to stamping. infact i have only used a stamp onto a t shirt so i have yet to discover the fun of making cards. But i am very eager to learn so any tips will be appreciated.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #276
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via MSN to SeaShellz Send a message via Yahoo to SeaShellz

HI!!
My name is Shelley my AKA is SeaShellz. I am new to stampin' but I have an open creative mind & I am willing to learn and share all that comes my way. I am new to SCS as well and to SU just last month as a demonstrator. I may be asking many, questions but am sure there will always be someone here to help!!!

I am a transplant from Denver Colorado living in Southern Ca and loving it!!! I am so glad that Kelly (my upline) turned me onto this site... I hope to make many new friends here and share ideas and learn from you all!!

I also have one daughter (30yrs). One granddaugher (4 yrs) that is the love of my life!!! They live here in Southern CA for now also. I have my Granddaughter stampin' right along with me & she just loves it too!!! My daugher is doing a little but not as much as my granddaughter by the way did I say she was 4 yrs old? She loves it!!! Last weekend she made 2 cards in about 15 min for her mom & dad and wanted to make more!!! We have a 4 yr old Stamper here and when she can I will have her posting her cards she creates too!!!

Thanks for letting me join in... I am so excited about this new creative therapy I have taken up and you will be hearing from me soon!!

SeaShellz
Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #277
Compulsive Stamper

SeaShellz.....great to have you here. I am in so cal too. I have met some other great demos on this site. In fact some of us so cal girls are getting together
Old 07-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #278
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to tashauna_ferguson

CAN SOMEONE EMAIL ME THE OVERSEAS DEMO CONTRACT FORM, THE ONE THAT THE COMMANDER NEEDS TO SIGH?
THANKS
tashauna_ferguson@yahoo.com
Old 07-07-2006, 11:12 AM   #279
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via MSN to SeaShellz Send a message via Yahoo to SeaShellz
Talking Thank You

Stampin4Skylar Thank you so much for the NICE WELCOME!!! Where abouts are you located? I am actually up in Oceanside. I would LOVE To MEET with you all too!! That would be awesome!!! I don't know many people here since I am a transplant. Again THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE WARM WELCOME!! I AM JUST SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS SITE!!! I AM ADDICTED NOW TOO!!
We must talk!

SeaShellz
Old 07-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #280
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Mia
I'm a new SU Demo as well and somehow joined the Demo only forum and have been accepted. What do I need to do now?
Do you know how you joined the demo forum and were accepted? I requested to join 5 days ago and still haven't heard anything. I am a SU demonstrator and am not sure why it's taking so long for me to be approved?
I really would like to be part of the SU forum. Am I just too inpatient?