Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #2081
Compulsive Stamper

Howdy from the DC suburbs, everyone! I did a little bit of stamping years ago, but I've recently become interested in scrapbooking and cardmaking. A dear friend who is a demo for SU introduced me to SCS. I'm already impressed by the friendliness and the amount of inspiration I'm finding here!

Thanks so much for sharing your ideas and your creativity. I hope to have some things to add to my gallery soon!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #2082
Cardstock Collector

I'm new to the fan club but have been visiting this site for a few years. I'm an SU Demo and I make cards and "stuff" for a gift shop near me. I'm retired and spend as much time as I can making things for my booth and church sales. Hope to contribute something to the fan club but I make no promises. Funke Designs
Old 11-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #2083
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh we'd love to see you play in the Fan Club challenges!

Please let me know if I can help you with anything!!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 11-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #2084
Cardstock Collector

Default Hi from Goldthwaite, Texas

Yes I am new to SCS and to stamping. My friend told me about your website. Great website and lots of good ideas. Since I am new in this game I need a lot of creative ideas. My friends and I get together once a week. Looking forward in meeting most of you.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #2085

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyliz72 View Post
Yes I am new to SCS and to stamping. My friend told me about your website. Great website and lots of good ideas. Since I am new in this game I need a lot of creative ideas. My friends and I get together once a week. Looking forward in meeting most of you.
Welcome! You will love it here! I have some good starter links in my signature that will help you get settled!

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #2086
Cardstock Collector

Hi all. I'm not new to paper crafting, but getting back into it after a 10 year hiatus. Living and loving life in NE Florida and would love to find others in my area to "play with" and share ideas. Just got a Pazzles machine and looking forward to creating goodies. Don't actually do scrapbooking (too late for that), but love making cards and being creative with paper, paints, rubber stamps and whatever else comes along in the process. What better place to be than SCS?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #2087
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beewee View Post
Hi all. I'm not new to paper crafting, but getting back into it after a 10 year hiatus. Living and loving life in NE Florida and would love to find others in my area to "play with" and share ideas. Just got a Pazzles machine and looking forward to creating goodies. Don't actually do scrapbooking (too late for that), but love making cards and being creative with paper, paints, rubber stamps and whatever else comes along in the process. What better place to be than SCS?
Hello! Nice machine! I have looked into all of them I think and from what I have seen it's a great little machine. I have a couple Cricuts and are serving me well I have to say, but there may come a time I will decide to get a machine that uses the SVG files.
I moved from PCB in FL. about a year ago and we are now in IL. in a desert waistland of no scrappers or cardmakers or any thing close that I am able to get to myself. Maybe we should start a live webcast for those of us that do not have the provision of crafting with others! Hopefully you will find something soon though.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #2088
Cardstock Collector

Default Returning after a long break

Hi everyone. My name is Kim and I was a visitor here years ago but just haven't done anything crafty in years. I have decided to get back to my crafting.

I need to learn all of the new techniques, neat products and great websites to get ideas.

I hope to learn a lot from all of you and get into some of the swaps.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #2089
Rubber Obsessor

Hi from the Netherlands. SU finally came to my country on October the 8th and I signed on to be a demo last Saturday. Their are a lot of SU fans in my country. I'm looking forward to get started.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #2090
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigewithpanache View Post
Hello! Nice machine! I have looked into all of them I think and from what I have seen it's a great little machine. I have a couple Cricuts and are serving me well I have to say, but there may come a time I will decide to get a machine that uses the SVG files.
I moved from PCB in FL. about a year ago and we are now in IL. in a desert waistland of no scrappers or cardmakers or any thing close that I am able to get to myself. Maybe we should start a live webcast for those of us that do not have the provision of crafting with others! Hopefully you will find something soon though.
Wow! What a culture shock going to IL from FL. So sorry that you don't have anyone close to "play with" and swap ideas. It always helps to have someone with the same interests as you do to enjoy your hobbies. Not too sure of doing a live webcast. Don't feel that I'm quite that accomplished yet. I'm sure there are many, many more out there more experienced than I. Wishing you good luck in finding others in your area with the same interests as you.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #2091
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beewee View Post
Wow! What a culture shock going to IL from FL. So sorry that you don't have anyone close to "play with" and swap ideas. It always helps to have someone with the same interests as you do to enjoy your hobbies. Not too sure of doing a live webcast. Don't feel that I'm quite that accomplished yet. I'm sure there are many, many more out there more experienced than I. Wishing you good luck in finding others in your area with the same interests as you.
Thank you ...most of my friends tell me it's to expensive of a hobby for them to get into. haha This is cheap therapy in my opinion! lol Plus they love it when I give them gifts.
About the webcast idea, I was partially kidding, but at the same time I think it's a neat idea. Not sure how it could be done either. Maybe somebody will attempt one......
Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #2092
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Quote:
Thank you ...most of my friends tell me it's to expensive of a hobby for them to get into. haha This is cheap therapy in my opinion! lol Plus they love it when I give them gifts.
About the webcast idea, I was partially kidding, but at the same time I think it's a neat idea. Not sure how it could be done either. Maybe somebody will attempt one......
I don't know of any hobby that isn't expensive, but no matter how much it is or gets to be, it's all worth it if you enjoy it and it is definitely cheaper than theraphy!!! For the most part, it keeps you at home until you find a retreat, store or playmate! I'm retired now and enjoying the goodies that I've collected over the working years. Still not enough hours in the day to do them all!! Enjoy!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #2093
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via ICQ to mistressbearmaker

Hey there, I am a newbie. Signed up to SU in September. I do many crafts....Jack of all Crafts....Master of none. Hopefully that will change and I will at long last master stamping......if that's possible. Just love SU stamps and products. Can't wait to get all the ink sets. Oh, a little bit about me. I am married with 2 grown daughters. We are empty nesters and hope one day to become grandparents and then I can teach the grand children all about stamping..... I am yet to join the Demonstrators Only Forum. One thing at a time.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 AM   #2094

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressbearmaker View Post
Hey there, I am a newbie. Signed up to SU in September. I do many crafts....Jack of all Crafts....Master of none. Hopefully that will change and I will at long last master stamping......if that's possible. Just love SU stamps and products. Can't wait to get all the ink sets. Oh, a little bit about me. I am married with 2 grown daughters. We are empty nesters and hope one day to become grandparents and then I can teach the grand children all about stamping..... I am yet to join the Demonstrators Only Forum. One thing at a time.
Welcome! You will have so much fun here!!

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #2095
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to MegsLeigh Send a message via MSN to MegsLeigh Send a message via Skype™ to MegsLeigh

Quote:
*hugs* I know how you feel. I moved to Pennsylvania from Arizona a couple years ago, and while I've been bouncing about for most of my 20s, this last move hurt the most. I wasn't able to really connect with anyone outside of work because of my job, but the local stampers I've found here so far have been far kinder than the knitting groups I attempted to go to. I'm also in this kind of odd area where I'm in my early 30s and married but have no kids, plus I'm into a lot of sci-fi and things like that.

What does help is that I do have Skype or Google Hangouts up or another instant message program and talk to my friends doing other activities as I'm doing my card-making, etc. It does close the void!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #2096
Cardstock Collector

Thank you. There is so much on here. I think it might take me a while to get used to it. I forgot I signed up to this website so long ago.....I have only recently become a SU demonstrator. Still finding my feet.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:41 AM   #2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressbearmaker View Post
Thank you. There is so much on here. I think it might take me a while to get used to it. I forgot I signed up to this website so long ago.....I have only recently become a SU demonstrator. Still finding my feet.
Hi and welcome! You'll be a pro soon

Be sure and click "Join a group" on the left to join the SU demo group.

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #2098
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue View Post
Hi and welcome! You'll be a pro soon

Be sure and click "Join a group" on the left to join the SU demo group.

Let me know if I can help you with anything.
Thank you...
Old 11-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #2099
Cardstock Collector

Thank you....
Old 11-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #2100
Cardstock Collector

I am back after a few years break from the forum. I have been continuing to make cards for family and friends during that time. I am hoping I can remember how this forum works. Great to be back.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #2101
Cardstock Collector

Default Ex-Demonstrator

Ex-Demonstrator - Its just
a Hobby at the moment. I hope to get back into demonstrating in the New Year.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:55 AM   #2102

Welcome back!!

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #2103
Compulsive Stamper

Hi All
I'm from upstate NY (southern tier) and Iam joining to become a SU demo TOMORROW.... I have been a crafylady for many years and well, made the plunge ..Everyone said this is the perfect time to join. I've been to a few swaps this fall and meet alot of SU girls. I think I have a store already of SU stuff but I'm wanting more, joining a great bunch of girls who love what I love. Any suggestions would be helpful in the move from a big buyer to a motivator of the craft and getting . Also wanting to do a swap gathering in our area nxt summer or fall.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #2104
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone My name is Cyndi. I am trying to find motivation and inspiration to get back into scrapping and cardmaking and craftyness in general! This hobby used to bring me so much joy so I need it back!! Lol. Nice to meet all of you!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #2105

Hi Cyndi and welcome!! You will definitely renew your enthusiasm here

Please let me know if I can help you with anything!

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #2106
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you!!! I would love to participate in swaps and such but i procrastinate way too much to meet deadlines! It's a terrible habit!!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #2107
Cardstock Collector

Default Hi Everybody

My name is Carol-Ann and I have always had an interest in creativity. I started out originally with a 4 harness jack loom, playing with colour in my weaving. Sadly, because of polio, my legs wore out and I was no longer able to use the treddles on the loom, so I had to change the outlet. While I was doing this, i also got involved in lots of other crafts and eventually to beadwork. My play with colour continued with my beads. Now I have branched out and have got even more involved in card making, still playing with colour.

Since the advent of Pinterest, I have been able to learn new techniques, new folds, new stamps, new stuff!! and I have acquired many many more tools and toys. Yesterday, i uploaded my first cards to my gallery and am still learning how to do all of that... but I do hope to share some of my learned skills and artwork with everyone here.

Any help, guidance and 'tricks' that anyone can share with me.. I would be delighted to hear from you. I am always willing to learn and with card making, you can never stop because there are always new tips and tricks, new techniques for improvement.

Carol-Ann
Old 12-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #2108
Compulsive Stamper

Smile

welcome carol ann
I'm new also but I have found so many people willing to help so you will be right at home here...
It's addicted so be careful , your life will be wrapped up with stamps, ink and all of the things to make beautiful cards. Lots of techiq. on the site also. I'm living on my computor since I've joined...
Lots of luck
Old 01-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #2109
Cardstock Collector

Smile

I have been a demo since October and am new to SCS- Cant wait to learn from all those creative people out there!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #2110
Cardstock Collector

Hi everyone. I'm new to the card crafting hobby. Was originally going to make my own wedding invitations back in October but it flourished into Christmas card making. I ended up buying lots of card stock and stamps. Oh yeah, and the Sizzix Big Shot. I'm looking forward to learning from you all! Just wondering what does everyone do when it's no longer holiday season?
Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #2111

Hi and welcome to Splitcoast!! You will love it here. I LOVE my Big Shot!!!

I was just telling my peeps today at my class that now I can start looking forward to Halloween!

I think I'll work on my birthday and thank you cards for the year in the next few weeks.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything!

Love Splitcoast?

Old 03-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #2112
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via Skype™ to usharon

Hi! I am new here but have been stamping, making cards & scrapbooks for several years. I was a SU demo for a short period & loved it. Looking to learn all I can.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #2113

Howdy and welcome! Let me know if I can help you with anything!

Love Splitcoast?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #2114
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to new ideas and posting my own work.
Again, thanks for the welcome.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #2115
Cardstock Collector

Smile New to SCS

Hi I am dboop17, and I am new to SCS and new to stampin and making cards. I am so a "beginner". I met my demonstrator at a craft show and just love her! She is patient and doesn't mind all my questions.
I am very excited to learn how to make the cards and love viewing the galleries!
Old 04-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #2116
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoowho View Post
Hi..I'm new to SCS. I have enjoyed viewing the gallery and decided to become a member and now I can't view the gallery. Can you tell what might be the problem. Thank you.
Yeah, I had the same problem not being able to view the gallery even though I joined up! =(

Any info would be helpful...Thanks!

An American In Sicily

my blog: anamericaninsicily.com

Hi there - there's nothing wrong with your account, so you should be able to view the gallery! Perhaps when you tried your account hadn't been approved yet. Looks like you're all set now.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 04-21-2013 at 04:37 AM..
Old 04-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #2117
Cardstock Collector

Default New to SCS

Thanks for the helpful info....never been part of a forum before!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklswife View Post
Thanks for the helpful info....never been part of a forum before!
Well welcome - let me know if I can help you with anything!

Love Splitcoast?

Old 06-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #2119
Cardstock Collector

Hello, I'm a new demo to SCS! I've asked to join the group and am waiting for a response! I'm so excited! I've been a demo since last Oct. and had some major life changes happen! I'm just so happy to still be a demo! ha! Can't wait to make friends and hopefully see some at Convention 2013!!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #2120
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quietstamper, You're welcome!
See you at Convention!!