Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2006, 02:21 PM   #121
Embossing Fanatic

Wink Howdy all

A friend and fellow Stampin' Up demonstrator directed me to your site and I love it. I will be here daily, I'm sure.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #122
Insane Embellisher

Welcome and enjoy!!!

Go as far as you can see, and when you get there, you will see farther.
ScrappinGallery
Old 02-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #123
Cardstock Collector

I'm not a demonstrator for Stampin Up, but I have been aquainted with the company for ten years because I'm from Kanab, UT. That is where it all started and where one of the plants (and one in construction) is located. I'm sure you already know, but SU is a wonderful company. I know Shelly and she is just an amazing and wonderfully nice person. The company has done so much for my hometown and all I ever hear is good and successful. I've enjoyed browsing this site. I'm still pretty inexperienced with paper crafts, but I've really liked all of the ideas I'm receiving. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:03 PM   #124
Cardstock Collector

I'm new to SCS. I've been an SU Demonstrator/Hobbyist since June '02 and love it. I was able to go to the '03 and '04 conventions. Unable to make it last year and probably won't this year. Plan to go next year if at all possible. I worked FT at our local newspaper 'til May '04 and I am currently working on building up my SU business, slowly but surely. I have recently seen this site mentioned a lot, so I finally decided to visit it. It is great!!!! I am waiting now for my approval into the SU group. What a wonderful site this is!!! So many ideas and so much encouragement.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:15 PM   #125
Compulsive Stamper

Hi everyone. I'm new to SCS and SU but am making up time very quickly! I have been scrapbooking for over a year and was just introduced to SU a few months ago. After two workshops I signed up to be a demonstrator. I'm in the planning phases of my first workshop and am excited to share what I've learned with my friends.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:47 PM   #126
Inking Addict

Default Hello, I'm new here.

Just thought I would say hello and introduce myself. I am not a demonstrator but I am hooked on SU product. My friend and demonstrator sent me this site a few days ago, and I love it. There are so many people, ideas and such that a person could spend 24 hours per day just reading and looking. I have been stamping, card making and scrapbooking now for about 2 years and don't know what I did with my time before that. It's amazing how I find time to do anything else. Anyway, just wanted to say hello.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:22 AM   #127
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to stampinupsunshine Send a message via MSN to stampinupsunshine Send a message via Yahoo to stampinupsunshine
Default I am new

I am brand new to scs and a new stampin up Demonstrator as well . I have been looking at this sight for a few months now and can spend more hours than i know glued to it reading and viewing the gallery it is a very nice sight and I am please to have joined! I have not gotten my kit yet set for arrival tommorow and I am to excited , Can't wait to get my start and build my customers, If anyone has any ideas on good places to get out in the community to meet the people I need to gain customers please let me know if any suggestions .
Old 02-28-2006, 03:57 AM   #128
Matboard Maniac

Hi! I have been ENJOYING (or should I say addicted to?) this site for a few months now, and am now a fan club member. I feel like my SU business has taken on a whole new dimension since I found this site -- a friend told me about it -- all the new techniques, etc. I love learning something new! I have been a SU demonstrator for 2 years, but a stamper for about 6 years. I love stamping -- so therapeutic for my soul! Thanks everyone for so many fantastic ideas and sharing your secrets! Beth
Old 03-02-2006, 05:48 AM   #129
Cardstock Collector

Hi, i'm not really new, been using the gallery for some time and enjoy the ideas in there. I enjoy SU products and have a great demonstrator! I think its great that you post the new techniques, and i also love the creative talent in the dirty dozen area! I look forward to spending more time here.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #130
Matboard Maniac

I am new here as of today....and all I can say is that I am in LOVE!!!

I have been a SU! demo for a year now and yes....I am a stampaholic. It's bad. But I have finally found something that I love.

I just wanted to post up and say HI, and I hope to make a lot of new friends and get some great ideas...I've already got some just snooping around.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #131
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default Welcome from St. Louis

Welcome, welcome, welcome...you are going to LOVE it here...but beware. You will find that you spend a TON of time looking, admiring, gleening fabulous ideas and of course a laugh or two ...so be prepared...get comfy and enjoy.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdrmoab
I am new here as of today....and all I can say is that I am in LOVE!!!

I have been a SU! demo for a year now and yes....I am a stampaholic. It's bad. But I have finally found something that I love.

I just wanted to post up and say HI, and I hope to make a lot of new friends and get some great ideas...I've already got some just snooping around.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:53 AM   #132
Glitter Queen

Don't worry. Simplicity, makes a beautiful card too! Your guests will be amazed that they made it "I ca'nt believe I mae something like that!" As far as your upline living in another state, you might want to see if someone in your area is a demo so you can get together for inspiration or any group meets. You will do great!
Old 03-12-2006, 03:49 AM   #133
Glitter Queen

Hello all,
My name is Victoria and I'm new to both SCS as well as a new SU demonstrator. I love stamping and when I heard about this website I knew I had to check it out. So, here I am.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:39 AM   #134

Default Welcome from St. Louis

Victoria,

Welcome to the best resource of information on the Internet for ideas, problem solving and product information. Since I joined, I have found this message board invaluable time and time again.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsstampgirl
Hello all,
My name is Victoria and I'm new to both SCS as well as a new SU demonstrator. I love stamping and when I heard about this website I knew I had to check it out. So, here I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsstampgirl
Hello all,
Old 03-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #135
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via Yahoo to Aznewmom

Hi all...........I'm Stacy and I'm brand new to SCS and SU. I'm trying to learn as much as I can and have tons of questions. I'm poking about today looking for a section for all the SU acronyms I see on here. I'm actually kinda lost right now.
LOL!!

I currently live in Tucson with my DH of ten years and my two wonderful kiddos.........DS(5) and DD(9). I'm originally from So. California........Seal Beach. Came here for grad school in '92 and met my DH, so here I am!!

Guess that's it for now. Just mostly wanted to say "hi".

Cheers,
Stacy
Stampin' blog here
Old 03-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #136
hgh
Matboard Maniac

My name is Linda screen name, hgh, I'm new to scs and love it! What a wonderful site, so much info, I get lost in here for hours!! Thank you so much!!
Old 03-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #137
Rubber Obsessor

I've been checking out Splitcoast for some time now and finally got around to joining. A colleague at work told me about it...but my SU demo agreed. Lots of great ideas here.

I've always loved papers, paper products, and stationery of any kind, so stamping and scrapbooking (in a limited way) are a natural fit.

What I love about stamping (and especially SU "stuff) is that it always turns out nice. The frustration factor is low. And my 13 y/o loves to give little gifts to her friends, so little paper boxes, packets, and envelopes are fun for me to make and fun for her to give. It's really nice to have SOMETHING in common with a 13 y/o.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #138
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via AIM to kvicta
Default pocket card

Hi, i'm a new SU demonstrator..can I say..LOVE THIS WEBSITE! Fantastic cards!!! Does anyone know how to make the "pocket' card?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:53 AM   #139
Cardstock Collector

Smile New to SCS

I'm a CMC of 3 years and just went to my first Stampin' up Party. I'm addicted. I love the products and ideas. Its a great addition to my scrapbooks. My daughter loves it too. Thanks for letting me join.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:04 AM   #140
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko2006
I'm a CMC of 3 years and just went to my first Stampin' up Party. I'm addicted. I love the products and ideas. Its a great addition to my scrapbooks. My daughter loves it too. Thanks for letting me join.

I feel dumb asking...but what is a CMC?
Old 03-14-2006, 06:21 AM   #141

Default Welcome

Welcome. It's great that you see the benefits of using Stampin' Up products in your scrapbooks. I just love how they all work so well together and I can coordinate them in ANY color I choose.

What part of the country do you live in?

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko2006
Old 03-14-2006, 07:51 AM   #142
Cardstock Collector

Default A CMC is

Creative Memories Consultant. I think if I had found SU first I would have been a demo.

I'm from Columbia, MD. Thanks Lynn - I feel welcomed
Old 03-14-2006, 02:54 PM   #143
Cardstock Collector

I'm so glad I finally made it over here! I've been an SU Demo since November and I'm loving it even more than I thought I would! I kept hearing about SCS and I'm sorry now that I had put it off! Looking forward to lots of fun here!
Old 03-15-2006, 07:12 PM   #144
Glitter Queen

Hello All! I'm a new SU demo and I can't wait to get started. I can finally do something that I LOVE and make money at it. This website is GREAT, I love all of the ideas.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:33 AM   #145
Cardstock Collector

Lightbulb Wow

This is by far the best website i have ever seen! Everyone seems so nice and helpful plus this is so informative. i love it i actually want to stamp again.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:22 AM   #146
Cardstock Collector

Default I am new!

HI There! I just joined this morning! My name is Janice and I live north of Montreal, Quebec. I have just become a Stampin' Up demonstrator! I look forward to meeting new people here and sharing ideas!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:33 AM   #147
Glitter Queen

I have been a SU Demo for about 2 1/2 years. I have just recently found this site. I am so addicted to it too! I would like to say, the talent SCS is sensational. I spend about 1-2 hours every morning when I get home from work cruizing the site. One day soon hopefully I will upload something of mine!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 02:14 PM   #148
Die Cut Diva

hey everybody! my name is emily and i'm new to this site and i live in south carolina. i'm not a SU demo, but i can't wait to be one, as soon as i can buy that starter kit, i'm there!! so how do yall like being demos? my only worry has been, is it hard to get parties?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:31 PM   #149
Insane Embellisher

Location: Just north of the 49th in a little corner of Heaven!

I am relatively new to stamping (6 months) and am addicted! I would LOVE to become a demonstrator, but alas I have a fulltime "job" that keeps me from persuing my passion fulltime. I have been checking out SCS since about the beginning of February when my demonstrator - belastamps introducted me to the site. I am hooked on this site, it offers so much inspiration and assistance. I have learned a ton of new techniques and tips. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:54 AM   #150
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to AllisonL Send a message via Yahoo to AllisonL
Talking New!

HI! I am Allison, 28yr old stay at home mom. I have been hanging out here for a while, but haven't posted. I am also a new demonstrator looking for new ideas!
Old 03-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #151
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello, My name is Tamara and I just found your site..... I signed up with SU in Feb and am having my first workshop next Saturday... I have 3 more workshops to do for my family. I Love to stamp......... My favorite is making cards... I go to a stampers 10 each month.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #152
Cardstock Collector

Default New Demo

Hi, I am a new SU demo. I have asked to join the forun for demos and have sent my reply in...just waiting for now. This is a great site...so much information and help plus loads of ideas.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:45 AM   #153
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Yahoo to princessprplfrog
Default New SU and SCS

I just joined SU at the end of February. I was annoyed to find out that I missed SAB. Oh well... My Upline isn't much help and I've only been to two demos.. I'm winging it and finding the "templates" and ideas on the SU site hard to follow due to lack of instruction. I haven't signed a workshop yet, but have filled some orders. I can't wait to get my first demo done.

I'm a single mom, full time teaching assistant and going to college to finish my teaching degree. I live in a rural community and am worried about drumming up consistant business.
Wishing all other 'newbies' out there good luck!
Jennifer in NY
Old 03-19-2006, 08:53 AM   #154

Default Keep the Faith

I understand your frustration. I have been a demo since November and have YET to hold a workshop. I have one scheduled but not until the end of May!!! I have e-mailed other demos in my area (some from my up-lines down-line) and asked if I could follow them to their workshops...one lady let me, but I could really benefit from seeing more workshops. I have actually never attended a workshop myself, so I have nothing really to draw from...but, I persevere...and so should you...while you are working your business and waiting for the doors to open, use this time to learn as much as you can from visiting message boards, learning techniques and ask LOTS of questions.

Good luck.
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessprplfrog
I just joined SU at the end of February. I was annoyed to find out that I missed SAB. Oh well... My Upline isn't much help and I've only been to two demos.. I'm winging it and finding the "templates" and ideas on the SU site hard to follow due to lack of instruction. I haven't signed a workshop yet, but have filled some orders. I can't wait to get my first demo done.

I'm a single mom, full time teaching assistant and going to college to finish my teaching degree. I live in a rural community and am worried about drumming up consistant business.
Wishing all other 'newbies' out there good luck!
Jennifer in NY
Old 03-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #155
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Welcome, welcome, to all of you!
Old 03-19-2006, 12:02 PM   #156
Cardstock Collector

I just joined SCS yesterday and must say that I am a little overwhelmed by the site. I guess it will take some time. I am not a demo, but have a wonderful one. I love to stamp and make cards for my friends and family. I have even introduced a few friends to Stampin Up. I am 30, live in NC where I am the stay at home mom of a five year old girl, Brianna, and a 11 week old boy, Alex. Brianna loves to give me ideas for cards, she even looks through the catty to see what kind of invites she wants for her b-day partys. Thanks for listening. Steph
Old 03-20-2006, 06:43 AM   #157
Crimping Master

Hi! I'm new to SCS - this is an awesome site! My sister (Meema) and I are having a ball reading and learning from all of you! Last night we were LOTFLOBO!!!

I'm a SU Demonstrator - love it, love it, love it!!

That's all for now! Keep on stampin'!
Old 03-22-2006, 02:16 AM   #158
Cardstock Collector

HI There! I am new to Stampin' Up! I have just become a demonstrator and I am very excited about it all! I am a very crafty person but I have been looking around some of the forums and I love all the ideas everyone has! You are all very creative.
Hoping to share new ideas and to get to know you all!

Janice
Old 03-22-2006, 09:12 AM   #159
Crimping Master

Hi! I'm new to SCS, but I have been stamping for close to 6 years. I just love this hobby and I think that SCS is really cool. I have only known about this website for 3 days and I already love it! I think it is so cool that I can see cards others have made and they are all sorted! Way cool. My box of inspiration cards at home is not sorted at all and quite a few of my friends don't have the same sets as I do. SO, it is cool to see cards made with a set I am stumped on. Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:07 PM   #160
Embossing Fanatic

Hi, I'm a new SU demonstrator, and brand new to this site. I don't even know about threads and posts and if I'm supposed to be writing here . Haven't learned how to look at all the ideas and pictures yet. My first workshop is tomorrow night, wish me luck!