Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2005, 07:23 AM   #41
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default Welcome!

Welcome Jennifer. It's great to see this forum get larger each day!

I'm not new to card making, scrapbooking, or crafting, but I AM new to this site. I'm in the process of becoming a demonstrator (just waiting for my paperwork). I wish I could stay at home and "play" all day, but I'm forced to work fulltime to support my crafting habit!!!! My children are grown so those days are behind me and now I can look forward to all the free time I will have to "play" and craft.

Again welcome, and visit often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftqueen55
Hello,
My name is Jennifer and I am new to SCS as well as a new demonstratorto SU. I have been stamping since Feb 05' and became a demonstrator soon after. I am addicted stampping, I love it! I am a 28 year old stay at home mother of two. My oldest is my son Joseph who will be 8 this December, and my baby girl Ashley turned two this past April. My kids love stamping as well. They love to make cards, even my little one gets into it. I hope to make some new friends.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-25-2005, 04:09 PM   #42
Cardstock Collector

Default New to SCS

What a great site, my sister-in-law sent me here for great ideas, I love stamping and scrapbooking. It is wonderful to be able to talk to people with like interests. Thanks for being there

Marie
Old 10-26-2005, 08:09 PM   #43
Embossing Fanatic

Wink Neat Items

A friend and I found the neatest thing at a craft store. It is the XYRON "Magic Sticker Maker". It works great for making any size of sticker, so long as it is no more than 2-1/2" wide. But for kids, it is great. The sticky residue won't leave marks, and is repositionable. I love it for making stickers for the nephews.

Now I don't scrapbook (yet), but I have been looking for stores that have more in the way for card creating. But it is really hard to find stores that have card making supplies. Everybody seems to be more interested in scrapbooking. Am I the only one who is looking for a store that will cater to card making?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:22 AM   #44
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd_mkn_momma

One question I have is, I am set to move to Okinawa, Japan in January and am wondering how easy it will be to continue to demonstrate over there. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I don't know how easy or difficult it will be to demo in Okinawa, but I wanted to point out that you will need to submit a special form to SU! to be a demo overseas. It is called something like "Commander's Approval". I've been searching the Demo Homepage but can't find it. I have a hard time navigating through their site and the search feature is not working right on my computer.

Anyway, we had a demonstrator on our base in Japan, and she had an ad in the weekly base paper. No idea how good her business was though. Good luck to you!

ETA: I found the form on my hard drive. It is called Military Acknowledgement Form. I'll try to attach it or post a link. If that doesn't work and you need it, just PM me with your email address.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MilAcknowledgementFormUS.pdf (41.8 KB, 217 views)

Last edited by Japan; 10-27-2005 at 11:26 AM..
Old 10-30-2005, 05:50 PM   #45
Cardstock Collector

Default Hi All from Sunny California!

I'm a new Demonstrator and new to SCS. I'm looking forward to checking out all the different techniques and learning some new ones.

Thanks,
Stamp Culture
Old 10-31-2005, 08:14 AM   #46
Kookie Creator

Lynn in St Louis,
That is kind of why I decided to join SU, although with my addictive personality I am sure I will go whole hog sooner or later. LOL
Steph
Old 10-31-2005, 11:20 AM   #47
Cardstock Collector

Hi Lynn

My name is Sheila and I also live in Edmonton. I am an avid stamper and just signed up with stampin up. I love your idea about the fishing store! Im sure you could find really cool embelishment ideas there. I've also found that the antique shops around have really neat things you can find for embelishments as well. You just have to look!
It's true that you never know what you'll find unless you look!
Old 10-31-2005, 11:46 AM   #48

Default Treasure is where you find it

Right you are! I find "treasures" in the most unsuspecting places. I always have my eyes open for things that can be used. Sometimes I find something interesting, and while I don't have a use for it right now, I'll hang onto it for future use. I have a little drawer in my craft space just for those type of objects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuransMommy
Hi Lynn

My name is Sheila and I also live in Edmonton. I am an avid stamper and just signed up with stampin up. I love your idea about the fishing store! Im sure you could find really cool embelishment ideas there. I've also found that the antique shops around have really neat things you can find for embelishments as well. You just have to look!
It's true that you never know what you'll find unless you look!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:49 PM   #49
Cardstock Collector

My name is Heather and my SU agreement was just recieved by the company today so I am waiting for my kit and enjoying this website for great ideas. My first time stamping was only 3 wks ago and i just cant get enough. This has been so much fun and has added so much to my scrapbooks.
UnderstandBlue likes this post.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:00 AM   #50

Default Congratulations & Welcome

Hi Heather,

I'm sure that you will find this website a wealth of information, as I have. I just received my kit yesterday and spent hours last night going through everything. Have fun!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:02 PM   #51
Glitter Queen

Default I'm new at this

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieHRR
So cool you found SCS!!!

Some very pertinent and helpful info to the site is located here:

Terms of Service

For demonstrators, I highly recommend you join the Demonstrator Forums, more info here, where you can get all types of help from demonstrators of all experience levels:

Demonstrator Only Forums

Welcome and have FUN!!!!!
Hi there, I'm new to SCS, although my friend advised me to become a Fan Member, and I did, I still have trouble finding my way around this place. I have a question I hope someone out there can help me with, the other day I was looking around, I can't remember where I was at, but I saw a card I'd like to make, I even ordered the stamp set so I could make it, but now I can't find it. It was a Christmas card made with the tree from the 'Home is Where the Haunt Is' set. I think it had blue card stock, and it looked like the trees were on a hillside. If you made this card, or know where I can locate it on this site, please email me and let me know. My email is: pdcmt@wyan.org. Thank you so much. I promise to get better at finding my way around here, but there is soooo much to see.

Phyllis
Old 11-09-2005, 07:51 AM   #52
Cardstock Collector

Question New to all this stuff - help me please!

Lost my Upline - no one in my area and want to improve my bookings and get a better grip on my parties. I seem to always get off track and try to show too many things or too advance of a project. I just love stampin' so much that I want them all to see the fantastic possibilities it has.

Need some leadership, some direction and some support!

Thanks so much,
Ana
Old 11-09-2005, 06:33 PM   #53
Embossing Fanatic

Talking Idea Help

Ana

I know what you mean about having so many ideas running through your head. Here is a list of some of the clubs I have joined to learn more advanced techniques:
- Stampers 10 (10 people for 10 months, learn different techniques, and have to spend min $25.00 each month);
- Triple T (Tips, Techniques and Templates) (this person shows two really cool ideas to use with the stamps, as well as one template. She has ten people, it goes from Sep to Jun, and her minimum order is $25.00 each month);
- Marker Club (4 people for 4 months, learning different tricks and techniques to use with the stampin up markers. Each person would pick a color family, and for $60.00 (this included the shipping and taxes) that would cover the markers and 12 x 12 paper. As she would purchase a case every month, whoever was the hostess that month would get the case. I enjoyed it, as at the end of 4 months I had a complete set of markers, and I didn't have to put out approx $200 in one shot)
- Another one of the demonstrators that I go to has a stamp camp once a month. This is when she does more of her more challenging cards. She holds it over two consecutive nights, and if there are enough orders to qualify for a party, she will draw from all who entered to see who will be the hostess. If you don't place an order, she charges $5.00 just to help with supplies.

You have probably heard all of these ideas, but I just love the fact that they do this, as now I find the general party boring because I am ready for more challenges, but I know that they have to make the projects realitively simple for the new people.

Good luck in your stamping endeavours.

Lynn
Old 11-10-2005, 03:20 AM   #54

Lightbulb Great Ideas!

Lynn,

Those are all great ideas for events. We NEW demonstrators really appreciate the ideas that more seasoned demonstrators have found to work well. Our brains are swimming with all the new information that we are trying to absorb, so having ideas presented to us just makes it all the easier for us.

Thanks for sharing your bright ideas!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:12 PM   #55
Mad Swapper

Question New demo in KC!

I never even attended a SU party, but agreed to host a party for my friend. My wish list from the catalog was so long, I decided to become a demo!

I'm a 4th yr medical student also. First I wished I'd found SU sooner b/c it would have been nice to have a hobby that actually makes a little $ during school, but I'm so obsessed with it now, it's probably better I didn't get involved until my last year. (One month to go to M.D.) I had dreams about stamping 4 nights in a row while I was waiting for my starter kit.

I'm having some trouble with the forums and would appreciate any help you have. There is just so much info and I sometimes find it hard to find what I really want and I also seem to spend a lot of time looking at stuff I've already read. Is there a system to this madness? What's the most efficient way to use this site?

THANKS!
Old 11-14-2005, 02:54 PM   #56
Cardstock Collector

Hi,
My name is Lynn and I've been a demonstrator since April '04 and I'm new to SCS. I have a beautiful daughter who just turned 8 months old and I try to stamp when she's sleeping( I don't get much done). I got into SU because I was a really good customer who wanted everything and just did this for a hobby. Can't wait to explore this site and cant believe the great ideas I've seen already. This is awesome!!
Old 11-20-2005, 11:17 PM   #57
Glitter Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to scrappintica

Hello all. I'm not new to SCS but I am to posting. I'm a new SU Demo as of this month and things are going very well. I had been helping my upline with her projects for her workshops, so I have learned quite a bit. This site deffinately helps you break the creativity blocks and inspires you to go in new directions.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:53 AM   #58
Embossing Fanatic

Default I am sort of new to both(demo and site)...

I say sort of because awhile back I introduced myself then my computer died and I wasn't able to get here to participate.
I got my SU demo kit in July and have only had 2 shows(bought more than my fair share though LOL) we ended up buying a house shortly after I became a demo, so with packing, moving, and unpacking I haven't had the time to do much.
Planning to hold my first Stamp Camp next week(it was supposed to be Wed but that day is bad for everyone so will change the date)
Pam
Old 11-26-2005, 11:04 AM   #59
Die Cut Diva

Location: I now live in Flin Flon, MB Waaaaaaaaaaaaay up north.
Send a message via MSN to mustardseed Send a message via Yahoo to mustardseed Send a message via Skype™ to mustardseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosetwin
hello, I am a first time demonstrator too. I am going to be having my first workshop next week and am very nervous. I have actually only been to one demonstration myself, so i don't know any techniques. My upline lives in another state and has been good to me, but I feel that the products in the starter kit don't really provide me with enough to make a good workshop. With no ribbon, brads, or any accessories- its just paper, stamps, and ink. Anyone got good suggestions only using those materials? I checked out the challenge using limited supplies, but even there you can use accessories.
There are all kinds of things you can do with just the basics. Layering for one. I save the scraps from my stamps when I cut them to mount them to use as dimesionals. Be creative, use buttons or other things as embelishments. Use sponges or crumpled paper to make fun backgrounds. Crumple the paper or tear it. Stamp and color an image then stamp it again on a colored piece of card stock and line it up over 1/2 of the colored image. There are all kinds of things you can do with just the basics.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:24 PM   #60
Cardstock Collector

I'm looking for instructions to make coasters out of tile, can someone please help? Also how do I join demonastrators only forum?

Last edited by roxjeff93; 11-27-2005 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: misspelled word
Old 11-27-2005, 06:32 PM   #61
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxjeff93
I'm looking for instructions to make coasters out of tile, can someone please help? Also how do I join demonastrators only forum?
If you go to post #1 in this thread--the Original Post, I have included a link that you can click on that will lead you to the info on how to join the demonstrators only forums here at SCS.

As for coasters out of tile, there are many ways of doing this. I highly recommend hitting the "search" button up above, to the right of the window, and then clicking on "Advanced" search, and type in keywords "tile coasters" and then allow SCS's powerful search engine pull up all the threads that are within the forums here on this very topic. I suspect there are many throughout all the main forums, but probably the bulk of them are actually located in the "techniques" forum.

The search engine will lead you to 'em.

HTH,
Old 12-05-2005, 09:44 AM   #62
Cardstock Collector

Smile New to SCS

I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly -- but if so --- I am new to SCS. I've been an SU Demonstrator for a little over a year. I've heard my upline and other demos talking about the site so many times, but came here today and joined. I feel your site will help me when I need answers I can't get elsewhere and help with brain block!!! I have also joined the Fan Cub and about to join Demonstrators. A Great All In One site. I'm looking forward to returning often

Brenda Cloutier
Old 12-05-2005, 03:37 PM   #63
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to sundrip

I'm fairly new to SCS. I have a tendency to lurk but, with as much as I love talking and sharing about stamping, I'm sure I'll manage to post periodically. I've been a SU demo since May. I've found this site invaluable. Thanks so much!
Old 12-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #64
Mad Swapper

Default NOVICE STAMPER LOVES SCS

Hi. I learned how to stamp about one month ago and love it. I found your site thru a SU demonstator and I AM AWED. I hope to start posting my creations and I have lots of questions to ask about many of the magnificent cards I have viewed at this website.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #65
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to mytwogirls Send a message via Yahoo to mytwogirls
Default I am a newbie to SCS & stamping

Opps-I have a feeling I put my intro in the wrong place but it will explain me & my newness to stamping! I am excited to see everything here which will give me ideas & show me techniques I can learn. I am so excited to be here!
Old 12-21-2005, 06:07 PM   #66
Crimping Master

Smile New to SCS

Hi My name is Kim I am fairly new to SCS I am LOVEING every mint. of it I am not a SU demo. but everyone tell's me I should because I own enough for 6 people and probably could of paid for 6 people to be one. I love all the ideas they are all great loved to hear from you all Have a safe Holiday!!!!
Old 12-21-2005, 06:28 PM   #67
Cardstock Collector

Default New to SCS

Hello all,, I am from Virginia and am a new Stampin Up demonstrator. I was just told about SCS tonight, and am excited to find a new resource. I haven;t done any workshops or camps yet. Thanks for your support!!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:08 PM   #68
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to mytwogirls Send a message via Yahoo to mytwogirls

Welcome!
Old 12-22-2005, 01:04 PM   #69
Cardstock Collector

Talking New Member!

I am so happy to have found this site. I am new to the site and kinda new to stamping! I went to a SU party and have been addicted every since. All the information on this site is superb!! I have so many new things to try!

And wife of an Artist
Old 12-22-2005, 01:12 PM   #70
Cardstock Collector

Question Question

How do I change Cardstock Collector under my name. It seems to have just shown up there and I can't find were I change it.

Thanks

And wife of an Artist
Old 12-22-2005, 01:14 PM   #71

Default Cardstock Collector

It's put there automatically and will change with the number of posts you make...just a fun thing. Welcome to this fabulous site!

Lynn
Old 12-22-2005, 07:23 PM   #72
Embossing Fanatic

Hi all: My name is Lisa and I am from Midland, TX. I am new to stamping and just made my first batch of Christmas cards this year using Stamping Up!. I look forward to learning from and meeting you. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:28 PM   #73
Mimihas5

Smile New Demonstrator from NH

Hi,

My name is Mary and I am a new demonstrator for Stampin' Up. So far I love it! So many beutiful cards on this site made by very talented people. I look forward to meeting other SU demonstrators.

Mary

Old 12-28-2005, 07:18 PM   #74
Embossing Fanatic

Default New to site

Hello all from Sunny Florida!

I am new to this website and a little new to stampin. I have been scrapbooking for years and have played a little with the stamps. We moved from the Atlanta area about a year ago to Jacksonville, FL. I have not scrapped or stamped since then and I am READY. I have been having withdrawls. (LOL) My DH bought me lots of new scrap and stamp stuff for Christmas and I can not wait. A CTMH demonstrator gave me this web site for ideas and WOW, it is great. I had to join. If there is anybody in my area that needs a scrap/stamp buddy, let me know. Between work and my 2 kids, I have not had much opprotunity to get out and meet a lot of people but since things are finally settling down, I am determined to find time.

Robyn
Old 12-30-2005, 05:44 PM   #75
INKredibleGirl

Default Login Problems

help...I have been a member and a paying member...I can not get my user name or password to work...I have never had to login...since I don't know when...

Help

I have paid for DD gllery and am a member of SU demos...

What to do?

INKredible Girlfriend
Carolyn
readabc@msn.com

Old 01-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #76
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up New to SCS and semi-new Demo

Hello! I am new to SCS and have only been a demostrator since September. So far things are going well. I have held 1 make-and-take workshop per month, except for December. This month I did my first Stamp Camp and everyone made 15 holiday cards and as many tags as they had time for! It went very well, but I am always looking for new ideas - which is why I am SO GLAD I found out about SCS. I was referred by a fellow demonstrator and I sure am thankful! Its nice to know there is a source of endless ideas and nice fellow stampers out there!

Oh yeah - my avatar is a pic of my Yorkie. He just turned 1 year old - ain't he cute!?!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:38 AM   #77
Matboard Maniac

I am new here and looking forward to learning and sharing. I have been a stamper for about 22 years, demo for SU for 5?, and just LOVE it. I have way too many stamps according to my DH...I don't think so though.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:26 AM   #78
Glitter Queen

I really enjoy looking at all the creative card ideas. I have just become a SU demo. I am having my first workshop a week from Monday. So exciting but very nervous. Would like ideas about monthly stamp clubs and stamp camps.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #79
Mad Swapper

Smile

I am not a new demonstrator and have posted work on here (love this site!), I am just technology challenged and don't really know where to go or what to do, just know how to look, save and post!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:48 PM   #80
ymt1

HELP! Hey JulieHRR, maybe you can help me, I know I am so computer iliterate.....I pd the 25.00 or so bucks to be a fan club member way back in sept, or oct and I still cannot get in!!!! I know it went through as it showed up on my charge card. I have tried hunting for the site numerous times and cannot seem to access it. I went to the fan club part and there is no way to click it there. I also wanted to get into the demo only site and tried to copy/paste my demo page exactly as the directions said, and that didn't work either. I have been a demo as long as you have! My demo # is 4 digits!!!!But I just can't figure this darn thing out...help me if you can.
Yvonne Taylor