Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 04:48 AM   #521
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to beadfreak22

I'm so glad you decided to join us, momtoggk! How much snow do you have?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:02 AM   #522
Crimping Master

Not much snow this year, a first for us in the 8 years we've lived here. Last year, we were in the US during the winter and our pipes froze!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #523
Matboard Maniac

Smile Newbie

Hi!

I'm new to Splitcoaststampers, and have been a SU! Demonstrator since August. So far I'm loving both!

Glad to be here!

Cathryn
Old 02-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #524
Kookie Creator

Location: Somewhere herding sheep or stamping - depending the weather
Send a message via Yahoo to TheAfricanQueen
Question I'm new to SCS, but not to SU...no not demonstrator

I have several retired sets that I am trying to find ideas for:

On the Beach
Feathered Hope
Simply Summer
Itty Bitties

Just to name a few.

Any help with ideas would be so very appreciated!

TAQ
Old 02-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #525
Cardstock Collector

Default help! gallery issues?

Hi there,
This is my first chat room entry EVERY. Didn't even know where to post.
Is anyone having trouble accessing the gallery? A bunch of "random images" come up - I don't get the homepage anymore that lists all the SU stamp sets that you can go in and look at.
jacqueline

ps - I am a brand new stampin up demonstrator!
Old 02-16-2007, 11:28 PM   #526
Kookie Creator

Hi ! My name is Pamela. I live in Nebraska (Stamping no mans land). I have been an SU demonstrator since 2004. I've been stamping for almost 10 years now. I found this site through another forum I am a member of...I'm hoping to share ideas and techniques.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:39 AM   #527
Kookie Creator

Location: Somewhere herding sheep or stamping - depending the weather
Send a message via Yahoo to TheAfricanQueen

One idea I found to be intriguing is from a magazine article I read in Rubber Stamper. Basically, noticing items around you that you buy from the store. People tend to buy because they like the color of some product. The article was based on the idea of a box of fabric softener. She liked the color scheme that she replicated the idea at home.

I did a similar thing after I read the article. I was at work and was looking around for ideas. I noticed my shirt - it had a floral motif with a particular background. So, I took my chicken wire stamp and stamped it in pink on white CS. Then I stamped roses from the Two Step Stampin' Hand Painted Petites set. When I stamped the roses, I used the Stampin' Write markers and did a form of variegated - I used three to four different markers on one rose working from the middle outward, from light to dark. I stamped some vines, using a similar technique and some petals. I cut out the roses, vines and petals and then used double back sticky tape to put the roses on the background, but only glue on the other stuff so that the roses would stand out.

Hopefully soon, my scanner will be operational and I will be able to post this.

Happy stamping!
TAQ
Old 02-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #528
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via Yahoo to cookingpaula

Hello! I am Paula. I just sent in for my SU! kit this past week and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I have been into SU! for over a year now and love it. My demonstrator is quitting (so sad!) and all of our Stampers 10 girls wanted to continue, so I ceased the opportunity to join the SU! company and keep our group together. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and I am sure I can learn so much here! ~Paula
Old 02-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #529
Pearl-ExPert

Hi All! I just joined as a demo too! I am excited to get started! It has been a blast looking at all of the galaries... there are some really talented folks out there! I would love to hear from anyone in Northern CA with tips and tricks! Thanks!
Old 02-18-2007, 05:39 AM   #530
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Paula and mystery demo below your post! Welcome. I'm sure you will have fun, find encouragement and be an encouragement here. Best of luck in your businesses.

I'm an SU! demo for a year, now.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #531
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to StephStamps1982 Send a message via Skype™ to StephStamps1982

I signed up to be a SU! Demonstrator in January and only just had the opportunity to share with others in a demonstration type atmosphere over this last week! It was so much fun and I want to do it again but it seems that the people here in Renton that are into stamping are not appearing to me. Any tips on how to accomplish my goal for this month and complete my first actual workshop? I really love everything about Stampin Up and just want to share with the world. I'll tell you when I was feeling down yesterday and I received in the mail, my first check from Stampin' Up! (only for $30 LOL) it really brightened my day...especially considering that it was completely unexpected! Anyhow, any tips that anyone would like to share with me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read this...I do go crazy when I get to talking about stampin! I can't wait to post examples of the cards that I have made on here!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #532
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to StephStamps1982 Send a message via Skype™ to StephStamps1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtrixie
I just ordered my Starter Demonstrator kit and am ready to start having workshops!! I need all the advice I can get! Do you practice on family first? Where do you get the ideas of what to make at the workshops? AHHH! I'm excited and nervous at the same time!!

Congratulations! I got my starter kit in Jan but have yet to have an actual workshop...I find if I look at a stamp set and immediately get two ideas...it is one that I should buy...when you make an idea a reality...others tend to follow suit! I am also finding that I LOVE SCS! There are so many ideas, example and techniques that you could find something that would fit just perfectly for a first workshop! Remember...when you have your first workshop...there doesn't have to be a make and take but if you decide to do one for your guests...it should be something rather simple and something that would only require the products in your kit...unless you have Stampin' Up! stuff coming out your ears already then the possibilities are endless! HAPPY STAMPIN'!

Stephanie

~
Proud Mom & Army Wife ~

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Stuff I've Stamped

Old 02-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #533
Compulsive Stamper

Welcome to all those new member's from sunny Edmonton. I noticed that a lot of people are using their scanners to make copies of their pictures. I have found, actually, that using my digital camera works better than a scanner, as I can get the way that the card looks in real life to show better in the picture. If you have a digitial camera, I suggest you give it a try, and see if you like it.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #534
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile Pretty New!

I am pretty new to SCS but not a demonstrator. I've been stamping for years on and off and am ready to hit it hard this Spring! I love the techniques section but mostly look for different ways to use my SU sets! Stamp ON!

Sara in WI
Old 02-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #535
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to WshUpnASta
Smile Its been a year since I've been a demo

I stopped last April. I'm thinking of joining again, but probably not until this summer or fall. Both of my daughters will be in college in the fall and I think I am going to need a huge hobby to occupy my time.

Deb in Maine
Old 02-26-2007, 08:57 AM   #536
Insane Embellisher

Hi! I am Angelina, I am new to SCS, but not a demonstrator. My sister-in-law just became a demonstrator. I like SCS, actually very addicted to it.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:16 AM   #537
Compulsive Stamper

Hello! I'm Christa. I'm a new SU! demonstrator and new to SCS. I've done about 2 demos so far and I have always loooooooved SU!'s stuff.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:18 AM   #538
Cardstock Collector

Hello! I am new to this website. I have been making cards for 2 years and scrapbooking since I was a teenager, 15 years ago! I am a Stampin Up Demonstrator, but usually make the quota by myself! LOL.
I like to go my scrapbook pages a little differently. I put the pictures on the page and use stickers. I take so many pictures that I don't have the time to spend hours on each page. But I do take a lot of time on my cards and I noticed that the more practice I get, the better my cards are. I scanned a few of my first cards and you can tell which ones they are! I have Fibromyalgia and making cards is great pain management. It gives me something to do and it's allows me to be creative. I just bought a Crayola Cutter and it's fabulous! I normally don't recommend many things, but this is a great thing! I love it so much, I want to tell everyone!!
I am a house wife, my husband works from home and we have 3 cats, no kids.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #539
Cardstock Collector

Hello,

I am new to SCS and love it. I am addicted to checking it everyday. So much creativity and fun people. I decided to take the plunge and become involved more with the site and stop lurking in the shadows. I have been scrappin and stampin for 5 years now. I look forward to all the great new friends I will meet. I am glad I decided to get my feet wet !

Lee
Old 03-03-2007, 05:22 PM   #540
Glitter Queen

Send a message via MSN to stampexpression

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingmyartwork49
I know "patience" is a virtue, however it's been a tad over
24 hours since I attempted to join the forum for SU DEMO's only - -
and I know I'm NOT suppose to email her or PM her and ask - -
so I thought I would post it here - -

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE? LOL, I'm sorry to ask this and I printed out her
rules and such, but just curious. And yes I'm a SU DEMO - - joined last month during the stamp pad special.

Judy
She sent me a private message asking for my SU demo page and I sent it on Feb 25. I'm still not added to the group.
Maybe I've been denied, who knows.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:28 PM   #541
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookingpaula
Hello! I am Paula. I just sent in for my SU! kit this past week and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I have been into SU! for over a year now and love it. My demonstrator is quitting (so sad!) and all of our Stampers 10 girls wanted to continue, so I ceased the opportunity to join the SU! company and keep our group together. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and I am sure I can learn so much here! ~Paula
Hi Paula,
I was supposed to receive my start up kit on Wednesday, Feb 28, but when I got home to get my order, all that was in the large box was the business brick and the blender pens. The box had been taped up by UPS, I presume, but all of my supplies must be riding around in a UPS truck somewhere.
I contacted SU and they put the order together that afternoon and shipped it out 2-day express. I should get it Monday, March 5.

I'm so excited to get it!
Old 03-04-2007, 05:32 AM   #542
Cardstock Collector

Talking New to SCS

Hi,
Not sure how to work this site yet, but have looked at it a couple of times over the years. Used to stamp/swap A LOT in the past, but have been scrapbooking much more lately. I desperately want to get back into SWAPS! If anyone can let me know how to get around this site a little easier, please let me know. (Hi Kimberly, if you see this!!)
Thanks!
Ellen
Old 03-04-2007, 06:12 AM   #543
Scrappy Chef

Send a message via MSN to mclifford973 Send a message via Yahoo to mclifford973

Quote:
Originally Posted by eswcreate
Hi,
Not sure how to work this site yet, but have looked at it a couple of times over the years. Used to stamp/swap A LOT in the past, but have been scrapbooking much more lately. I desperately want to get back into SWAPS! If anyone can let me know how to get around this site a little easier, please let me know. (Hi Kimberly, if you see this!!)
Thanks!
Ellen
Hi Ellen! Welcome to SCS! It's great here and everyone is very friendly and helpful. There is a SWAP area. On the top of the page, click forums, then swaps and there are many different kinds.

Another time click on gallery at the top and go through the alphabetical listing of your favorite SU stamp set. Such as if you have Loving Hearts, scroll down to the K-N sets, look for Loving Hearts and see all the different cards other SCS members have been making with that set. Gives you some great ideas for making something new yourself!

Feel free to drop me a note if you have any problems!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:45 AM   #544
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via MSN to Juliejem Send a message via Yahoo to Juliejem

Welcome everyone, I am also new to the board and just starting to get a hang of it. So many boards, so little time!! But welcome!!
Old 03-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #545
Cardstock Collector

Default new to SCS

Just wanted to inroduce myself--Signed up--finally!! Love the sight and have been browsing the gallery for sometime now---love love love!
Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #546
Cardstock Collector

Talking THANK YOU

I'm not sure if you are seeing this post, because I haven't yet discovered how to see what I've written or see what others have written back (except for by email), but thank you to the couple of ladies who have welcomed me. Even though I may not know my way "around" the site, I know the type of people that are a part of these things, and I know it's ALL GOOD! So, thank you!
Ellen
Old 03-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #547
Glitter Queen

Hi Ellen,

Welcome to the site. I'm fairly new here too, but I sure love the galleries and swaps. I can't wait to get my Spring Mini order, so I can schedule a workshop. =)
Old 03-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #548
Matboard Maniac

ooooh... i demonstrated back in '99 for less than a year... i just got my welcome email back to the world of SU! demonstrators the other day... SO EXCITED - CAN'T WAIT to get my kit! yeah!
Old 03-07-2007, 05:07 AM   #549
Embossing Fanatic

Smile Howdy from Texas!

Hi everyone! I'm new to SCS too! A friend shared this site with me over a year ago but it was only just recently that I became addicted! Everyone's work here is so inspiring!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #550
Pearl-ExPert

To everyone new here....
WELCOME!!!!!! I haven't been here long... but really love this site....just wish I could find people to talk with...via e-mail and such....I'm a demonstrator and have yet to have my first workshop...there are days that I feel like yeah! I can do this and others where I wonder why I'm trying...I really don't know anyone and haven't had any luck meeting nice people to share my love for stampin' with......

Anyone have any suggestions for me? Advice? Anything? Please help!

Stephanie

~
Proud Mom & Army Wife ~

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Stuff I've Stamped

Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 AM   #551
Glitter Queen

Hi Stephanie
I'm new to SU as well and have only hosted one workshop. I have put an ad in the local paper this week hoping to get some weekly classes set up. Also I was fortunate in finding a local Scrapbook Retreat that I will be having a booth at for a weekend in April. I'm hoping that will also bring me some clients. Another tip that I heard about but haven't implimented yet is putting mini catalogues in doctors/dentist offices with my info on the back....or any places that have people waiting and reading magazines.
If you'd like to email me, I'd be happy to communicate with you although not sure I'll be of much help except encouragement

marcie.marziali@sympatico.ca

Have fun, that's the most important thing!

Marcie :)
Visit me
Old 03-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #552
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to Challenor

I am a new SU Demo also and am anxiously awaiting my kit to arrive. I have been on this site for a few weeks trying to learn my way around and I just found the Start Here page.

Please check out my little gallery and blog!
Fan Club Member
Old 03-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #553
Glitter Queen

Hi Elizabeth. WHen my kit arrived the box looked like it had exploded and then taped up. It was the original SU box, but it was sure poor quality. The box was full of paper and only had 2 items in it. When I contacted SU & told them what happened; they shipped all the missing items 2-day express. And would you believe they still packed it in a crappy box that fell apart? At least this time I received everything, but only because UPS taped the box up AGAIN!
I am surprised SU doesn't take any more pride in their product that they don't pack it in a box sturdy enough to ship the product across the country!!
Old 03-09-2007, 12:50 PM   #554
Cardstock Collector

Hey, I am new to Split Coast but have heard great things about it. I was wondering if there is an easier way to find what it is that you are looking for. I recently saw a stationary set that was hand made and stamped, but don't know where I saw itand can't seem to find it again. Has anyone seen stationary sets? Is there a way to search for only that without having to go through all the cards? thanks
Old 03-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #555
Compulsive Stamper

Smile So Happy To Be Here!!!

I am so excited about finding this site. My upline just introduced me today at my first training class. Hooray!! Very nervous but excited!!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:25 AM   #556
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to mresendez0911

Hello, My name is Michelle and I am a new to SU. I'm living in Germany and having lots of fun. Nice to meet everyone!
Old 03-11-2007, 04:57 AM   #557
Glitter Queen

Hi Michelle, Welcome to SU! You'll love this website. It is loaded with great ideas!
Old 03-11-2007, 05:40 AM   #558
Rubber Obsessor

Welcome Stampers!! Our friends here are so willing to help when we have a question or problem which needs an answer. I love it.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #559
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Hi,
I'm Mira and just newly joined to the site. I'm not a demo just an obssessed scrapper and stamper. This is my first post to anything, ever so I'm a real newbie.

Just wondering if there are many on here living in Western Canada??

I'm hoping to spend lots of time browsing.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #560
Rubber Obsessor

Welcome, Mira, to a website of fellow fanatics!

Most (I'd say 'all', but that's impossible!) of us are fun, friendly, and helpful. Enjoy.