Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 01:31 AM   #361
Unregistered

I am new to SCS have been a Demo for 3 years if I made a thread I did it by accident sorry

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-06-2006, 03:36 AM   #362
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie2
TY for replying, sorry to hear about your house situations. I Have invited people t o a class but no one has showed up So whats next???
Get out there! Have you got business cards? I didn't like the ones from Stampin Up so I went to Office Depot and had some really cute ones made up...then I got those little holders from the store (wal mart I think) and girl, I put em everywhere...restaurants, scrapbook stores, I even displaced some at the new furniture store where I bought my new living room furniture. Heres the exciting part...I had to contact the local newspaper to have my delivery address changed and the lady wrote back wanting to know what kind of business was I advertising on the bottom of my emails! Yikes!!! So, I wrote her back and explained and expect to hear from her again and if not you can bet I will be going to see her!!! Do you have a signature on your emails...if not that is a great place for free advertisement! Also, (and it cost me some money!) join the local Chamber of Commerce...free meeting rooms...and advance notice about upcoming events such as craft fairs, ect. Good luck and if you have any ??? just holler just please be patient...I am doing good to find my computer in all of this mess!! Dusty
Old 10-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #363
Cardstock Collector

Default I'm new 2 SCS

Hi, I'm new here. I will be a new demo soon. I just have to save up my $. I'm glad I found this site. I love the all the info!
Old 10-07-2006, 02:41 AM   #364
Glitter Queen

Hi Delisa!
So sorry it took me so long to answer. I am really not sure how to do things around here! I am in the middle of moving...from a small place to a big place!
About Stampin'Up...its well worth saving the money for...even if you do not do workshops the starting kit is well worth the money! Also, if you don't want to fool with workshops you can always get enough outside orders to meet your 300 dollar quarterly amount.
I do more classes than plain workshops although I love them also. I also make and sell scrapbooks of all kinds and it seems to be going very good! I would love to help in any way I could...but, please be patient with me...I am in the middle of boxes (I have even lost one of my flip flops!LOL!) to unpack but I will answer as soon as I can it may just take awhile!!! God Bless! Dusty
Old 10-07-2006, 06:03 AM   #365
Cardstock Collector

Default Is SCS only for Stampin' Up?

I have noticed a lot of posts about SU on here and was wondering if this site was only for SU? I hope to have my $ saved up soon. I can't wait to get started on this biz. I love seeing what other people on the site are doing. It keeps me inspired!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:41 AM   #366
Glitter Queen

As far as I know it is for SU demos only but goodness don't go by me...I am a super newbie! Dusty
Old 10-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #367
Cardstock Collector

Default I am new to SCS been a demo for 3 wonderfull years

I am New to SCS but a demo to SU for 3 wonderful years
Old 10-09-2006, 02:52 AM   #368
Glitter Queen

Hi Mary!
I have been a demo a little over a year now. It's a blast and I have met so many great people. Here lately I have been concentrating on scrapbook and even smaller albums, pba's and such. I am disappointed that I can't sell my albums in a permanent location if it has stampin up products in it. That doesn't seem to make sense to me....Don't they want the public to see their items? The kicker is if I purchased a stampin up product from a demonstrator then I could do what I wanted to....ah, such is life.
Sorry it took so long to answer your post...we have moved due to a crisis and I am exhausted...I had back surgery 3 months ago and I am not really supposed to really being doing much of anything. Once my scraproom gets up and going I will be so happy! Waiting on the carpet cleaner...once he cleans my scraproom...watch out...I will be in scrappin heave. Oh by the way, how do I post pictures in the gallery?? God bless! Dusty
Old 10-11-2006, 07:52 AM   #369
Matboard Maniac

Cool I'm in!!!!!

Woohoo!!!! I made it!! I'm in the demo forum!!! I'm sooooo excited!! staramaze gave me the insiders tip on this place, although I've frequented SCS for a couple years.
I've been a demo for 3 years and I'm in IL. I'm so happy to be here!! At last!

kimberlee
Old 10-12-2006, 11:53 PM   #370
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to Simbas Person

i've been addicted to SCS for a while now and finally took the plunge and joined... i'm not a Dem (although, my Dem keeps trying her hardest!!)... once my scanner decides it's going to work again, i'll add more cards to my gallery

terri

Visit my Blog!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:50 AM   #371
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to MissyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbas Person
i've been addicted to SCS for a while now and finally took the plunge and joined... i'm not a Dem (although, my Dem keeps trying her hardest!!)... once my scanner decides it's going to work again, i'll add more cards to my gallery

terri
Well welcome Terri, you will love this group they are so talented and knowlegable you will be so glad that you joined.

Oh and by the way, who knows you may want to become a hobbiest some day for the discount. Ha ha

Inky Huggz,
Angel #1754
North Branch, MN
Old 10-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #372
Cardstock Collector

Hi all! I am new to SCS - I became a SU demo in May and have truly loved every minute of it. I look forward to all the ideas I'm going to get here on this site and the new friends I'll make!

Stephanie Gerdes
Old 10-17-2006, 03:29 PM   #373
Glitter Queen

I am relatively new to SCS. Really enjoy the gallery. Love to check out everybody's ideas.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:10 PM   #374
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftydelisa
I have noticed a lot of posts about SU on here and was wondering if this site was only for SU? I hope to have my $ saved up soon. I can't wait to get started on this biz. I love seeing what other people on the site are doing. It keeps me inspired!

It started that way. Now there is a seperate side for demonstrators to discuss business and the general side, where we are now. On this side I know of several gals who do CTMH and TAC (Close to my Heart and The Angel Company). I'm sure we have some Creative Memories ladies here as well. My CTMH demonstrator comes to the gallery here for ideas and told me about this site.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:05 PM   #375
Matboard Maniac

Dustygal3 - Hi! I'm a new demo too ... I'm not sure if this is what you meant but SU has an angel policy which states that ANYONE may only sell stamped items in non-permanent sales areas (ie. not stores) ... whether you're a demo or customer...please correct me if I'm wrong!!

Karen
Old 10-18-2006, 03:25 AM   #376
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream
Dustygal3 - Hi! I'm a new demo too ... I'm not sure if this is what you meant but SU has an angel policy which states that ANYONE may only sell stamped items in non-permanent sales areas (ie. not stores) ... whether you're a demo or customer...please correct me if I'm wrong!!

Karen
The angel policy states that you can never sell SU products in a store or perment location for retail services but, if I am just a regular customer purchasing stamps and I give credit to stampin up then I am free to do with it as I please. Now, I could be the one in the wrong. I am refering to doing scrapbooks...I am really focusing on them right now...and doing very well..but its not profitible for me to purchase SU! products if i cannot use them in a scrapbook that I am selling (even if I give them credit I cannot do it)...I don't know about you but I make alot more money selling pre made scrapbooks than I do with cards. Now, please nobody flame me, I love Su and have been a demo since Aug. of 05 I just think they need to reexamine (sp?) some of their policies-Dusty
Old 10-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #377
Glitter Queen

HI, I'm new to SCS, and I am a SU demonstrator and I signed up for the SU Demonstrator site a week ago, and i'm not sure if I did it right or not, cause I haven't heard anything yet. I'm wondering if I forgot to put in my email or anything else that I may have needed. Can someone help me with this? I'd love to be a part of this group. Thanks!! Skooter's Mom... (aka Michele)
Old 10-22-2006, 02:31 AM   #378
Glitter Queen

I think you signed up at the right place, as far as I know. I know I was contacted when I joined to go to the SU website and copy and paste my demo page for SC. Did you do that? If so, I was told it can take several weeks for you to be notified.
I signed up with SU! a year ago August...its been an adventure. I love to stamp and scrap and I think the best part is the friendships that I have made. I have recently begun to sell scrapbooks and that is a blast! Glad you are here! Dusty
Old 10-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #379
Cardstock Collector

Hello Stampers!!

I'm a new demonstrator from The Angel Company and I hope to learn and share lots of idea with you "Stamper Girls"....

See you around!!!
Proud to be an Angel #3364

"Because being an angel is just more fun"
http://emmaly.ismyangel.net
Old 10-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #380
Insane Embellisher

Hi! I am Dana & I am new to both being a SU Demo & to SCS. I am certainly addicted to SCS!! I have been stamping for about 2 years, but I used to get my stamps thru my sister in Ohio's demo...

I am a wife & mother of two - one biological son, 12 & a just-turned-two year old that we just adopted from Guatemala 2 months ago.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #381
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to StampinJenP Send a message via Yahoo to StampinJenP

Welcome to all the newbies! Great to have you all here!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #382
Cardstock Collector

Smile Hi!

Hi Everyone, I've been a demonstrator with Stampin Up! for about 6 months. I found SCS while looking for a pencil topper template.
My husband is in the Air Force & we are stationed at Offutt AFB, near Omaha NE. I have three kids, who are my whole world!
I love stamping, scrapbooking, and paper crafts in general...
Looking forward to meeting some fellow stampers
Old 10-24-2006, 02:44 AM   #383
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinJenP
Welcome to all the newbies! Great to have you all here!
Great to be here although I must say I am soo confused. I have been a demonstator since Aug 05 and have been coming to splitcoast for a long time but am new to Stampin'Divas. I live in Kentucky and have my studio upstairs in my home...I am blessed to be able to work from home. Although I am a SU! demonstrator my biggest focus is on making scrapbooks for others. I look forward to getting to know all of you here! God Bless! Dusty
Old 10-24-2006, 02:46 AM   #384
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaly
Hello Stampers!!

I'm a new demonstrator from The Angel Company and I hope to learn and share lots of idea with you "Stamper Girls"....

See you around!!!
I am new to this group although I have been a SU! demonstrator since August 05. I look forward to learning all kinds of good stuff from all you gals! Dusty
Old 10-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #385
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: in sunny Florida on the wonderful west coast. Venice FL

I've been perusing SCS website for about 6 months through their newsletter. Finally decided I had to help support them! and joined the Fan Club. The newsletter itself is a fabulous education and I've spent hours and hours (every day!) admiring and learning and getting stoked. I've made cards with rubber stamps for more than 10 years and never used a background stamp until I saw some of the most beautiful cards on this site! Don't have enough superlatives to complement the artists that display their work. I don't have a scanner so haven't the capability of sharing my stuff, but want to thank others.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:50 AM   #386
Glitter Queen

First off...how I envy you being on the Sunny coast of Florida!! I am about to freeze this morning! I have been a SU! demonstrator since Aug 05 and since then have been making and selling scrapbooks more than anything. I have just moved into a big house and may start having my own workshops here. I have just joined Stampin Divas about a week or so ago. Glad I did! Have a great day! Dusty
Old 10-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #387
Glitter Queen

Default New to SCS and stamping

I'm new to the world of stamping and actually I haven't even started yet I'm thinking about becoming a Stampin Up Demonstrator but haven't taken the plunge yet! Maybe this weekend.....I'm hoping to attend a workshop this weekend and figure out if I really want to do this. I'm no stranger to scrapbooking and I'm a digital scrapbooking designer (on sabbatical). I'm looking forward to searching around in the site. See you all around

Marcie :)
Visit me
Old 10-25-2006, 11:59 AM   #388
Cardstock Collector

YES, I am......and I need help!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:19 PM   #389
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via AIM to rochelle2377 Send a message via Yahoo to rochelle2377

I am new to SCS and soon to be a new SU demo. I am officially signing up next week at an upline meeting with another demo.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:05 PM   #390
Compulsive Stamper

Hi all! I've been a SU demo for just over a year, and have been using SCS, but I finally broke down last week and joined. I think it was last week...wow, having a baby really does effect your memory!
Old 10-26-2006, 12:28 AM   #391
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via Yahoo to dolphinprncss03

Hi All
My name is Dawn and i am from janesville WI, i am very new to Stamping. I had a SU party and that was it i am hooked. I always thought i wasnt a very crafty person but..now i know i can be. I was told about SCS by my rep and wow i have tried some new things i saw on here. its a very good site for use beginners.It will keep me coming back. Can't wait to meet new friends if anyone is in my are give me a shout out
Old 10-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #392
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosetwin
hello, I am a first time demonstrator too. I am going to be having my first workshop next week and am very nervous. I have actually only been to one demonstration myself, so i don't know any techniques. My upline lives in another state and has been good to me, but I feel that the products in the starter kit don't really provide me with enough to make a good workshop. With no ribbon, brads, or any accessories- its just paper, stamps, and ink. Anyone got good suggestions only using those materials? I checked out the challenge using limited supplies, but even there you can use accessories.
I too am a new demonstrator. You can always tear edges and ink them to spruce up your projects. Use what you have including cords and ribbon you already have. Brads are pretty versatile. most of them are very similar. You can explain to your customers that you are new to this and haven't been able to build up your stock as yet. Just be sure and tell them how great the supplies are that Stampin Up has to offer. You do the best you can . Use your versa mark pad and let them get into the chalks or the blender pens.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #393
Cardstock Collector

[QUOTE=mrosetwin]hello, I am a first time demonstrator too. I am going to be having my first workshop next week and am very nervous. I have actually only been to one demonstration myself, so i don't know any techniques. My upline lives in another state and has been good to me, but I feel that the products in the starter kit don't really provide me with enough to make a good workshop. With no ribbon, brads, or any accessories- its just paper, stamps, and ink. Anyone got good suggestions only using those materials? I checked out the challenge using limited supplies, but even there you can use accessories.[/QUOTE

I too, am a new demonstrator. You can always tear your edges and ink them to spruce up your card. Try your versa mark pad or blender pens and your chalk. Use cords and ribbons you may already have. Brads are very similar. Just explain to your customers that you are new and don't have your stock of supplies as yet. Tell them how great stampin ups accessories are. You'll be fine. Just let your love of Stampin come through and they will be hooked. Good Luck Caughtdeb
Old 10-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #394
Glitter Queen

Default Demostrator forum??

How do I sign up for the demonstrator forum?
Lisa
Old 10-30-2006, 09:04 PM   #395
Rubber Obsessor

I am brand spankin new, just joined this week, been thinking about it for over a month and now is the time for me. The first show I went to I bought $400. worth and I think something is in the wood, it bit me and now I have to have it all!! I am already rollin into stampin, mostly I am a big scrap booker person, and now this really enhance all of my stuff!! I just can't wait to get my kit and start my cure for the wood!!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:51 AM   #396
Cardstock Collector

Default Newbie:)

Hello everyone....I joined about a week ago and haven't been able to post even a hello since I was so busy looking at the info on the site! I'm a scrapper/stamper from Frankfort KY.
I'm hoping to sign up to be a demo in the next few weeks. I'm so excited I can't stand it!

Carmen
Old 11-01-2006, 07:14 AM   #397
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Hi!

I'm new to SCS but have been into stamping for a couple of years. I'm in the process of becoming a Stampin Up "hobby" demonstrator(I can hardly wait for my number..so I can join that forum as well). I am overwhelmed by the amount of talent on this site. I look forward to getting to know some of you!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #398
Cardstock Collector

Default New to SCS from Dallas, GA

After viewing the gallery on this site for many months now I have finally joined. Do you have to be a demo to hang out here? I am fairly new to Stamping but I love it. I have a 2 year old son (Jackson) and work full time as an Exec Asst.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:15 AM   #399
Cardstock Collector

Hi Ladies!! Well, I have been a member for almost a year and Im just getting the time to post things and really look around. Ive been stamping for about 6 yrs and hope to sign up as a demonstrator for SU soon!! I hope Im doing everything ok. Im a mother of 4 kids and in June of 2007 I will be getting married and become a mom to 2 more. I love to sit in my stamping room and just stamp the day away. I love seeing your ideas and Im excited to meet new friends!!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:27 AM   #400
Pearl-ExPert

Hello everyone, I've been cruising around SCS and became a new demonstrator in August, and thought it was about time I introduced myself. I got hooked on stamping about a year and a half ago when my upline was nice enough to put a stamp in my hand. That was all it took. Now I really enjoy showing friends, old and new, different techniques and ways they can use stamps. I tell them it's like being an artist without having to draw. Thanks for listening and I look forward to making new friends on this site as well.
Have a great day!
Terri

My Gallery
My New Blog