Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #1
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via Yahoo to suzan81 Send a message via Skype™ to suzan81
Question what can i do...??

hey guys ....
need some help or maybe advise ...
i love crafting and i love making cards ...
unfortunately i don have enough tool for me to start..
being in Malaysia and the crafts tools are very expensive ...
i have 1 purple ink pad ,1 set of hearts stamps (8 heart of diff sizes) , 1 cutter and 1 corner punch..... and thts all...
i would love to get more but its a bit costly in my plc ....
any advise on this will surely help me ...
thanks ya'll
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Compulsive Stamper

browse the gallery and find a card that has hearts sort of like the stamps you have. Then you can try to make a similar card using what tools you have.

If in the future you are looking to invest in anything I would get some markers next. When you have different colored markers you can use them for coloring in stamps and they would be cheaper than buying all different ink sets. good luck!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Suzan and welcome from New Zealand. I agree with jozmore and some markers (sometimes called brush markers) would be a good way to get extra colour into your stamps. Make sure they are water-based not alcohol or solvent-based markers. You can put several colours onto one stamp with the markers. Just before you stamp, breath onto the stamp so your warm breath stops the ink from the markers drying out.
Stephanie
Old 07-20-2012, 03:42 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

welcome from new york. i have seen a few other here from your neck of the woods. is there a way to search the site to local them?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Suzan, welcome!

I don't know whether it would be less expensive in Malaysia but you could try a stationery store for a basic black ink pad if one of those would be useful to you.

You can stamp with lots of things other than rubber stamps - try things like the eraser on the end of a pencil pressed into your inkpad and used to stamp dotty accents, plastic bottle caps for rings etc.

If you have small cookie cutters you can make easy stamps with a potato - no artistic skill required! Cut your potato in half, press the cookie cutter into the cut surface and then carefully trim the excess potato off from round the outside of the cutter. You'll need to wipe the surface of your inkpad with a paper towel when you're done to remove any starchiness left by the potato.

I've also stamped with leaves (just ink the leaf and press it onto your paper) which can give a nice effect.

What style are your heart stamps? You can probably turn them into a flower unless they're asymmetrical ones. Try stamping eight hearts and cutting them out then place four with their points together (stick them to a little bit of scrap cardstock) and the other four over the top to fill in the gaps, if you see what I mean (so you have a double layer flower).

Hope that helps with some ideas!

My blog
Old 07-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
Kookie Creator

Hi Suzan,
Have you tried quilling? You can make lots of beautiful cards with simple quilling designs.

Also, cut your own stencils to sponge some great background patterns. With only one ink pad you can vary the tone/colour/darkness/lightness by pressing differently on the page and overlapping the colour.

Tea bag folding is another great way to make things to put on cards.

If you go to the thread:

Ways to make do instead of buy new

... You will find so many terrific ideas on things you can use which you probably have around the house.
HTH
Cheers,
Sharon