Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By corkey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
Rubber Obsessor

Question WANT INFORMATION ABOUT A STAMP COMPANY

Hi, has anyone dealt with Door County Rubber Stamps & Scrapbooking? In July I attended a stamp show in Bloomington Minnesota and they were one of the vendors. I purchased some stamps but one stamp I really wanted they had run out of but Oscar (this is a woman not a man) told me she would ship the stamp to me as soon as she got back to her store. Well, I did a stupid thing and paid cash for the stamp. You guessed it, I didn't receive the stamp. I called once and emailed twice asking about the stamp and she told me she had the order right in front of her and would ship it out within a week, needless to say it's been way more than a month ago and still no stamp. I know I was stupid for paying cash but I thought I could trust them to do as they promised. I'm wondering if anyone else has had an experience with them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

I wonder if it's the little store I've been to a couple times in Door Co., WI? I've bought a couple of things, no problems from them, if so.

Do you have contact info? Try calling the store or sending a certified letter with signature requested.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
Rubber Obsessor

You have the right store in mind, it's small although at one time I guess she had about 20 stores in different areas and is down to just the one now. I've called the store and emailed several times keep getting the same answer, that she has my order in front of her and will ship within a week, I don't think I'll ever see the stamp. I've learned a good lesson though, never and I mean NEVER will I pay ahead or else I'll use my credit card. I'm going to try your suggestion and send a certified letter and see what happens. Rest assured I'm not going to let this go. But I'm also not going to judge all companies by this one, all of the other companies I've dealt with and ordered from have been very very honest. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see what happens.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
Kookie Creator

Thought I'd try a bit of pressure & sent them this e-mail - you know the power of SCS is pretty amazing:

I don't know if you realize it, but Split Coast Stamper's is seen by thousands of people. You are getting a bad reputation based on this woman's experience. Why not just do the right thing & send her the stamp she paid you for?

WANT INFORMATION ABOUT A STAMP COMPANY

Sincerely - not a customer at this time

Last edited by Skippet; 09-05-2013 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: spelling correctly is nice
Old 09-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks so much, I also sent an email to Barbara who put on the show in Bloomington, telling her that I didn't hold her or the show responsible, that I had a wonderful experience with all of the other vendors but I wondered if anyone else had the same experience as I did with Door County Rubber Stamps, Barbara emailed me back right away and said she was really sorry about what happened and that she had sent an email to Oscar (a lady not a man) and told her that I had contacted her. Barbara told me to let her know when either my stamp arrived or my money. Well today my husband picked up our mail and there was the stamp with a very nice handwritten letter of apology. Again, I wasn't out to drive anyone out of business but I just felt that if you pay for something and are promised something there shouldn't have to be all of this writing etc. Again, thanks to all of you who helped me with this, Marge
Mary_Pat419 and goosha like this post.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

I am so glad this ended well for you. I have been to this store in person and everyone seemed very pleasant and this store is very nice. I would hate to put it on my do not shop list as they have wonderful stamps!

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.