Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #401
Inking Addict

I think the "dirty dozen" refers to the fan club. There are 12 ladies that put together some wonderful projects. You get to see these and get some patterns, etc. I believe the fan club costs $25.00, and it helps cover the costs of running this great web site. I just recently contributed and am very glad I did. As to gallery postings, I just go back say 10 pages and see what day comes up. Hope that helps! Glad your here.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #402
Kookie Creator

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancher212
Hi! I am new to all this. I am about the least creative person you could ever meet. But I went with one of my friends who does scrapbooking to a SU! make & take and had the time of my life. Since then (Oct) I have purchased a few sets of stamps, cardstock and embellisments to make my very own Christmas cards this year. I love it but find my cards are way too boring. I love this site and the gallery is awesome for me to get ideas. I may join in on a swap once I get some stampin sets since I only have 2 right now. I have to build up my inks too. It is gonna take some time but I am not in a hurry. I received a SU! card last year for Christmas and thought it was the coolest. So now I am trying to create my own really cool cards.

Thanks!
Annie
As I said in a previous post, I'm new too! It does take a little bit of time to build up your supplies but those great coupons sure help! I just bought a
Cuttlebug and am having too much fun using it. I found a storage container for the dies and am working on Valentine Cards using the swirl embossing folder and the Fancy Pants alphabet heart charm die. This is too much fun!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #403
Cardstock Collector

This is new to me.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:25 AM   #404
Cardstock Collector

Hello Everyone! This is also my first time posting! I love the SCS site, I use it all the time. I look forward to making new contacts and learning some new stampin skills and tips!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #405
Cardstock Collector

Default New and Overwhelmed

My first posting on the site!!! Yeah!!! I am excited to be a part of the site - and I am in the process of signing up to be a tampin up demonstrator!!! I guess this is the first right of passage!! Happy Stamping everyone.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:13 AM   #406
Matboard Maniac

Found this site a couple of months ago and registered. I live in Toronto, northwest end.

I have done scrapbooking for nearly 7 years and now do rubber stamping as well and enjoy it very much.

I love the tutorials on this. Am looking for the gift box coaster site which I am unable to find.

Johanna
Old 01-28-2007, 07:11 AM   #407
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to commited@bellsouth Send a message via Skype™ to commited@bellsouth

HI! I am new to SCS, and it is probably some time since you posted this, but that is some very good tips. Ditto on "you da man". Thanks:<)
Old 01-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #408
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via AIM to Simi4Relo

Guess this is as good a place to start as any. I'm not new to SU! (probably about 3-4 years), but new to SCS and just trying to navigate my way around. I hope to make long distance friends with fellow stampers and scrappers. I'm in Simi Valley, CA. Thanks for such a great site, which I'm just starting to learn about. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #409
Inking Addict

I'm pretty new to SCS formally that is. I would suggest joining the demo side, if your a demo. There's lots of great info there. The general stamping forum has lots of info there, too. I joined the fly babies, I really need the help organizing and keeping up with the general clutter of my house, mostly due to my "craftiness" I'm a SAHM. I have 4 children 20, soon to be 21 year old ds1, ds2 is 19 and driving me crazy, I guess I expected him to be all grown up, and he is sweet and giving and loving be free (sort of). Dd1 is 16, just started driving and I really think emotionally lightyears ahead of ds2. Dd2 is ten. My oldest three are from my first marriage, he walked out. I think too much responsibility for him. I was 30 and and not much fun with 3 under 5 years old. He found a new one that was just 20 and no kids and liked to party. God was good to me, I have a wonderful husband, the children's dad has been good to stay and be a big part of their lives. My 10 dd2 is from this marriage and she has her dads' brains has always "got things" just as quick as my older children. DD1 gets straight A's (a hard worker) but never reads. DD2 is reading a 500 page book, she will finish it this week (2 weeks of reading). Me, I love crafting! I will try almost anything. I LOVE stamping. I need projects that I can finish quickly and here it is. One draw back, it's hard to take with for those sporting events. So, I usually have some hand work too do. Sorry so long winded. I hope you have fun discovering all the nooks and crannys here. PS Join the "fan club" they do great work! It help keep the web site up, (I just did in December, I love it) Try some swaps (I haven't been brave enough yet.) But I sure love the interaction. Other questions just ask! Welcome!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:52 AM   #410
Cardstock Collector

Red face Thanks for the post!

Hi Tputerbaugh,

I loved your long, newsy note, but help me with abbreviations: ds1, ds2, dd1, dd2? I am not a demonstrator, but I should be, since I invest over $100 every month on SU stuff. Thanks for the the tip on joining the "fan club". I'll do that soon. First name?

Happy stamping,
Carole
Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #411
Inking Addict

My name is Teresa,. As you are lurking around, somewhere there is a list of abbreviations. It's kind of like texting with my teenagers. DH, would "dear husband, DS1, would be dear son number one, and so one. I know a "few" like LOL laugh out loud. I can't seem to think of any others, but somewhere I printed the acronyms out. I had fun sharing them with my DD1. Right now you can sign up to be a demo for just $99.00. and you get 2 free sets (I believe). To stay active as a demo, all you need to do is spend 100 per month, and if your already doing it? My mom is starting to stamp with me, her hands are beginning to bother her with all the cross stitch and crocheting. So she has been helping me stay active. Although, like you I spend at least $100 on stuff from Stampin Up, each month. You should see the new catalog! It's great! Questions? Keep asking. Oh yeah, there is a search tab on top right side, maybe search for acronyms. I am a SAHM (stay at home mom) I don't know many, but I know when they are having fun and being funny.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #412
Cardstock Collector

Wink Hi Teresa!

I got the SAHM because that is language I use all the time, but the first "d" confused me. I figured one was son, one was daughter, but the first "d" and "dh" had me going, so thought I'd put myself out of my misery and ask.

I'll try to find the acronyms on the site.

I understand there are some limitations to be a demo... like you HAVE to buy all the new stamps, like them or not. I work full-time and am very active with lots of charity and volunteer work most evenings. My husband is a saint for tolerating. But I'd have a hard time getting in demonstrations with my hectic schedule. As it is now, I stamp mostly late nights, 11-1 AM or so. I'd be a wreck if I had a demo to prepare for on top of what I already do.

Take care,
Carole
Old 01-29-2007, 09:20 PM   #413
Inking Addict

Dear Carol,

You have been misinformed. There are no stamp sets that are required to purchase. In fact, with the new demo package you can pick any other stamp set that is the same price. To keep your demo status you only have to spend (right like its just) $100 a month. Maybe you have a friend or two that would join in and help meet the quota. There's a new mini that starts in March, so cute stamps! I can't wait! We can order them on Feb 1, you should see the excitement on the demo side, whether to express order or 2 day it. And Mr Brown (UPS) is our favorite man/woman around!

My husband just bought Adobe Photo Elements 5.0. I have been struggling through some of the areas, but it will take me a while to understand all that this program can do. If I ever catch on, we might upgrade to the big program. We'll see. Tonight I was able to take my youngest out of a beach picture and put it in a picture I had taken at Sea World, the dolphin show. What a riot! She loved it.

Anyway, there's no pressure to sell their product, but I love that everything matches, Inks and paper, brads etc.

TTFN (a Tigger saying)
Old 02-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #414
Cardstock Collector

I've been lurking for a long time - my SIL said that I should stop being a "silent sister" and get involved! So here's my first baby steps into the world of posting - next I learn how to upload the cards I've made to share!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:17 PM   #415
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna7
Found this site a couple of months ago and registered. I live in Toronto, northwest end.

I have done scrapbooking for nearly 7 years and now do rubber stamping as well and enjoy it very much.

I love the tutorials on this. Am looking for the gift box coaster site which I am unable to find.

Johanna
Hi, Johanna!

I love T.O.! I live in Manitoba.

The Splitcoast tutorials are found in the resources section of this site.
  • Look waaaaaay up at the top on the right-hand side. Click on resources.
  • You'll see three headings: TECHNIQUES PROJECTS NEWSLETTERS.
  • You're automatically in the TECHNIQUES section when you click on resources
  • Click on PROJECTS
  • Scroll down and click on Coaster Gift Box

Here's the link: Coaster Gift Box

Is that what you're looking for?

And you should sign up for the free e-Newsletters, too!

Again, welcome!

Cristina

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Old 02-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #416
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon'smom
I've been lurking for a long time - my SIL said that I should stop being a "silent sister" and get involved! So here's my first baby steps into the world of posting - next I learn how to upload the cards I've made to share!
Hiya & welcome!

Click here to learn how to upload your cards

Hope that helps!

Cristina

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #417
Cardstock Collector

Cool, thanks for the info Cristina!
Old 02-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #418
Cardstock Collector

Can't wait to check out this site! Thanks to all for sharing your great ideas.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #419
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via AIM to scrapnstampaddict Send a message via Yahoo to scrapnstampaddict
Post New to SCS !!!!

Just poking around trying to learn how to navigate this website. I have been coming to SCS's gallery for ideas and just decided to register. Hope I figure this out soon!
Old 02-09-2007, 04:30 AM   #420
Stazon Splitcoast

I just barely learned how to upload cards yesterday, and so have been having an uploading marathon since then. I was busy scanning all the cards that I had made that my DH had kept. Well, all the ones I thought that were worth scanning anyway. There were lots of cards (mostly from the late '90's early 2000's) that I didn't scan, because I was just a beginner back then. And then I just barely uploaded an avatar.

And then, I notice that I can upload a profile picture too, but I don't know what that is (surely not a photo of my face's profile) or where it would show up.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #421
Crimping Master

Send a message via MSN to BBStampin

Thank you for that tip. It will be very helpful. I am a new demonstrator and have been browsing the Splitcoaststampers for a little bit now. I do enjoy the info it is great.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #422
Crimping Master

Send a message via MSN to BBStampin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon'smom
I guess even though I am fairly new I have been lurking too! For abouta a month or so. I have made several cards and will host my first workshop the second Friday in March. I love browsing SCS it is a great site.
B
Old 02-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #423
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiw3p

this is my first time viewing here. thanks for the info.

Tami
Old 02-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #424
Cardstock Collector

Default new here

Hi Everyone! Newbie here! I hope you crafty geniuses can fill my head with your nifty knowledge!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #425
Cardstock Collector

Hi all! Another new one here. I really, really like this website, and I haven't seen that much of it. So I'm eager to look around. I'm fairly new to stamping, but I'm a Creative Memories consultant and have been scrapbooking for 10 years. I love the stamps though. I will be spending A LOT of time here.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #426
Polyshrink Goddess

HELP! I can't find how to get to where I can ask questions. Also, I want to introduce myself and spent so much time trying to find how to get to that area. PLEASE HELP ME.
Dottie
Old 02-19-2007, 07:22 AM   #427
Polyshrink Goddess

Is this the place to introduce myself? Well, I'll try anyway, since I can't find any other.
I've been browsing the site for a few weeks. I've used 2 sets of ink cartridges and over a ream of paper printing out all of the beautiful cards to case them. Now I need to start making them.
I'm retired and mostly scrapbook, but have gotten sidetracked here. I have two children, a son and a daughter, both in their 40's. My daughter gave me four beautiful (of course, aren't all grandchildren?) grandchildren, 3 girls, 1 boy. They're my life.
I'm making scrapbooks for my grandchildren. I was going to make one for each of them, starting with their birth and ending with weddings. I'm now on my third album for each of them and the youngest is only 8. I've made over 20 albums.
I started out 7 years ago as a Creative Memories Consultant. I did that for 3 years. Since then I've expanded my supplies from elsewhere, and loving it. I go to a stampin up class monthly. A group of us just keep it going. We did a marker club first. I have 38 s/u stamp sets. Almost every time I see a card I like on here I don't have the stamp sets. There's no end to it. I'm not ready for the new catalog. My wish list is a page long!

This is a hard website to get around on but the members have wonderful at helping me. Next I want to figure out how to upload (is that what it's called?) some cards I've made. Would someone please help? It's trickly to get them from my scanner to you.

Dottie
Old 02-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #428
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
If you've never used a message forum like this before it can take a little while to figure out what it's all about.

The first item you clicked on, called 'START HERE' is a forum category. Forum categories are created by the administrator of the forum.

Inside the forum categories you will find forum topics. The second item you clicked on, called 'Read Me first', is a forum topic. Topics can be created by any registered members, not just the administrator. Anyone who posts a reply will see their message displayed right beneath this one. In that way it's possible to have a conversation between lots of people and have all their responses in one place.

Try posting a reply to one of the topics in the forums, or create your own topic. If you've got any questions or have any ideas to help us improve the forum, post a message in the Reader Feedback area and we'll be sure to help you out.

Thanks, and welcome to the forums!
Hello everyone, I am new to this, so hope it works. Have gone to this site lots lately and decided it was time to register. I am constantly inspired by the beautiful work I see. Any stampers from Australia on this site???
Happy stamping
Pup net
Old 02-20-2007, 12:54 PM   #429
Matboard Maniac

Smile Coaster box

Avonlea, thanks for the link. I checked it out and it does look like a lot of work. First you have to find the coasters, then a drill thing to cut the holes and then you are in business, I guess.

Odd, no one else in Canada likes people from Toronto.

Johanna
Old 02-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #430
Cardstock Collector

Default Hey, I found my way......finally....love the site

Can't wait to try some of these techniques....will take some time to figure out the lingo...but I'm game.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #431
Glitter Queen

Send a message via MSN to JustineMarie
Default This is so great!

I am loving this website, it is definitely going to be my home page! Wish I was stamping, not enough time in the day!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #432
dianes5

Wink

Thanks for all the tips aon how to get started as I am new from Alberta..

Old 02-24-2007, 12:43 PM   #433
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Thanks, I think...

I think I have to practice.... but thanks!
Sara in WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
Have trouble keeping track of which forums and posts you've read and which you haven't? Here's a couple of tips.

At the top right of the main forum index, look for the link that says View posts since your last visit. This will do just what it says - give you a list of all the new forum posts since the last time you logged on. Try it!

Something else to try. Normally, next to forum categories you'll see a little icon (shown below). When you log on to the forums, and you see an orange version, that means there are new postings in that forum category. Neat, huh?
Old 02-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #434
Cardstock Collector

Does anybody know when in July the Stampin' UP Convention is?
Old 02-24-2007, 03:08 PM   #435
Cardstock Collector

Does anybody know when in July the SU Convention is? Thank you.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #436
Matboard Maniac

Post Newbie

Hi, I'm new to the site but not so new to stamping. I have no idea how to find my way around here but I guess in time I'll figure it out! My latest dilemma is deciding whether or not to buy a cricut machine or a sizzix machine. Which is better? THANKS!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:52 AM   #437
Inking Addict

Thanks so much for the info!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #438
Rubber Obsessor

Now I am catching on...Wow, a terrific site!
Thank you so much for the help!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #439
Rubber Obsessor

Default Start Here

Thank you for the wonderful guidance. I think I am catching on!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:50 AM   #440
Embossing Fanatic

I'm new here too. I saw a question that i was wondering about too. Where do you find the answers to the questions? I haven't found the FAQ section yet. I'd like to know how to put my picture under my name too.

Jan