Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/)
-   -   Newbie with a probably very silly question! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/newbie-probably-very-silly-question-t563043.html)

1920lj 10-22-2012 06:33 PM

Newbie with a probably very silly question!

Hello Everyone!

I'm new here and not entirely sure of what I'm doing. I've uploaded three cards so far and after taking three hours to get them uploaded they are finally up! The hard part was getting the file size correct and I think that I've got that under control now.

Here's my silly question...I use only Stampin' Up products and I'd like my cards to appear in the Stampin' Up gallery. When I uploaded my cards I selected "Betsy's Blossoms" from the drop down menu and while my card shows up in the Betsy's Blossom gallery and the main gallery for all cards uploaded today, it doesn't seem to show up in the Stampin' Up main gallery. It's been driving me crazy to figure this out!!!

Can anyone answer this for me?

Thank you in advance!

Lois

parkes 10-22-2012 09:10 PM

Hi Lois and welcome from New Zealand! There are no silly questions and I am sure someone will be along soon with an answer. That is great you are uploading cards!
Stephanie

gale 10-22-2012 10:09 PM

hmm good question. Maybe you have to upload it separately to each gallery where you want it displayed.

mamaxsix 10-23-2012 08:31 AM

So glad you're sharing your cards. It is a simple fix. You need to put SUO in the keyword space when you make a card that is made using only Stampin' Up products. If it is mostly SU, then you enter SUM for the keyword. You can put multiple things in the keyword blank as long as you remember to put a comma and space in between them. For example style of card: Masculine, Christmas, Vintage, Steampunk, CAS, etc or the name of a technique: Collage, Rock 'n Roll, Mirror Image, Emboss Resist or if not an SU card the name of another company: Tim Holtz, The Cat's Pajamas, etc. the name and number of the challenge you're participating in: CAS193, HYCCT1202, TLC400, etc
Hope this helps!

PH in VA 10-23-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1920lj (Post 19772382)
Hello Everyone!

I'm new here and not entirely sure of what I'm doing. I've uploaded three cards so far and after taking three hours to get them uploaded they are finally up! The hard part was getting the file size correct and I think that I've got that under control now.

Here's my silly question...I use only Stampin' Up products and I'd like my cards to appear in the Stampin' Up gallery. When I uploaded my cards I selected "Betsy's Blossoms" from the drop down menu and while my card shows up in the Betsy's Blossom gallery and the main gallery for all cards uploaded today, it doesn't seem to show up in the Stampin' Up main gallery. It's been driving me crazy to figure this out!!!

Can anyone answer this for me?

Thank you in advance!

Lois

Hi Lois,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Stampin' Up main gallery". Can you elaborate on that?

If it's what I think you mean - our SU gallery is divided up into stamp set categories to make everyone's artwork easier to find. You've done the right thing by categorizing your uploads into the most appropriate stamp set category (i.e. your red & yellow blossom card is in Betsy's Blossoms, your quilt card is in Papillion Potpourri - because those are the dominant stamp sets used on those two cards). You do not need to upload your cards again to any other categories - all that does is create unnecessary duplicate uploads that take up space on the SCS gallery server.

One additional thing you could do is add the keyword SUO to your uploads. That stands for Stampin' Up Only - meaning that only SU products were used to make your creation. Often SCSers will look for projects that were made with only SU products, so using that keyword will help make your work easier for them to find. If your card uses mostly SU products but has maybe a brad or ribbon from another company, you can use the keyword SUM (Stampin' Up Mostly).

edited to add: I see Gail (mamaxsix) and I were on the same brain wave! :)

gale 10-23-2012 12:04 PM

I think this is what she means by the stampin' up main gallery-I got it by clicking stampin up galleries and then more in the upper right:

SUO - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com

by looking at the heading, it does say "search: SUO" so I guess Gail's advice is how to get it in there. It's nice to learn new things. :mrgreen:

1920lj 10-24-2012 07:01 AM

Thanks for the replies! You all told me exactly what I needed to know!

madsanjiv 11-01-2012 06:36 PM

Hey everyone,
can any one tell me where i can buy a Big shot die cutting and embossing machine?
i am in Sri Lanka and i am not sure whether there is any place that i can purchase a Big shot Machine in SL...
please help... :(