Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hawaiian

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #1
Glitter Queen

Default New...Need Help

im still learning and exploring this wonderful place of very talented people... I have a few things I saw and would like to understand like what and why does some threads have bump? also I see people saying they pmed.. how do I pm someone? would appreciate any help I can get and mahalo much in advance for any and all help.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #2
Hardware Hotshot

Whenever someone posts a reply to a thread, it gets moved back to the top of the forum (assuming your forum is sorting by most recent post, which I believe is the default). Of course, as other threads have other posts added to them, then they get moved to the top. When someone "bumps" a thread, they are posting a reply to it to put it back to the top of the forum. It happens a lot in the buy/sell/trade forums, when you want to move your post back up to the top of the list, but you don't really have anything else to say in the thread.

Note that posts do NOT get bumped above "sticky" posts. Sticky posts stay at the top of the forum. They can only be made sticky by moderators, and they are usually informational posts that are designed to stay up top and not get lost.

To send a private message to someone, click on their name to the left of a post. You should get a little dropdown menu, where one option is "Send a private message to ___."

Welcome to SCS!
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM   #3
Glitter Queen

Mahalo Much Emily for your kindness in helping me out... I tried uploading a card for the first time but im pretty positive I did it wrong lol gosh
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM   #4
Die Cut Diva

Hi and welcome from New Zealand! I also had to learn a new language when I started here so well done for asking. Have fun exploring - there is heaps here!
Stephanie
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #5
Glitter Queen

Aloha Stephanie! Mahalo to you as well. gosh yes New can be very scarey but asking is knowledge and that's much more powerful but the frindships from people like you and Emily that are willing to help is much more precious .. again Mahalo Much to you both.
dini likes this post.
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #6
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
Mahalo Much Emily for your kindness in helping me out... I tried uploading a card for the first time but im pretty positive I did it wrong lol gosh
Were you unable to see them for a bit? All images to the gallery have to be approved by the board moderators for upload. People who belong to the "Fan Club" have their uploads automatically approved (I assume by the computer).

If you're not in the Fan Club (paid subscription), then the moderators have to manually approve it. The moderators are all volunteers; I don't know how often they are online, but it's usually pretty quick. (They do, however, have Sundays off.)

However, I see two items in your gallery right now.
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #7
Glitter Queen

mahalo dear