Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree785Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #1961
Stazon Splitcoast

I did know about the other stamping campany events and challenges. Can you talk more about past events and challenges? I have Su stamps so I don't hardly have any other brands of stamps. plus they do them fast. I can't work fast! I have work slow slow slow do to my handicapped. But, If I can work slow I enjoy chellenges and ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Linda, you should see things pick up in October. SCS does Hope You Can Cling To all month and the first Saturday in October is World Cardmaking Day so tons of sites will be having events and challenges.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #1962
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Linda, did you know that the daily challenges here on SCS don't have a time limit? You can go back to the Sketch challenge & go through them from the beginning. You won't have to feel rushed to get them made & can do them on your time frame. Or whatever challenge that you decided to go with.

UrgentCookie, mollymoo951 and janeenk like this post.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:56 AM   #1963
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Is HYCCT open to all stampers or is it a Fan Club Member activity?

I would like to make a card each day that the challenge is posted but I doubt that will happen because I get sidetracked with life (hmmm...imagine ME getting sidetracked...)...

I also don't plan to send all the cards I make to Texas since I can't use any scripture on the cards I sent there...and well...I like to use scripture sometimes when I am moved.

Plus I realize that when limits are put on me I struggle more...is that part of me called "stubborn" or am I a rebel at heart?

Anyway...Monday is coming...and I'll be looking for those challenges...

Clutter is a result of delayed decisions. -Audrey Thomas
mollymoo951 likes this post.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #1964
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post

I would like to make a card each day that the challenge is posted but I doubt that will happen because I get sidetracked with life (hmmm...imagine ME getting sidetracked...)...

I also don't plan to send all the cards I make to Texas since I can't use any scripture on the cards I sent there...and well...I like to use scripture sometimes when I am moved.

Plus I realize that when limits are put on me I struggle more...is that part of me called "stubborn" or am I a rebel at heart?

Oh dear! You really are lost without mollymoo posting the greeting & date, aren't you? Monday is still September. October starts on Tuesday.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
mrslaird and janeenk like this post.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #1965
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

HYCCT is open to everyone & there will more than 31, so get ready!!

Old 09-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #1966
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
Oh dear! You really are lost without mollymoo posting the greeting & date, aren't you? Monday is still September. October starts on Tuesday.

Really? Oh dear...

The good thing then is...I have until Sunday night to get the September card finished that I thought I needed to have finished today! I have my idea, I just need to find some place to make the card!!!!

Old 09-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #1967
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
HYCCT is open to everyone & there will more than 31, so get ready!!
I'm going to the stamp room in 5-minutes to start cleaning...

Old 09-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #1968
Stazon Splitcoast

So I bought more of these storage cubes from michales. I guess that means that I need to put them together. my main problem with that is that I want to rearrange the whole wall as I'm being quite **** about the design. I want all the file drawers on the bottom, all the 2drawer cubes on top of each of those cause I plan on using them for scraps of paper that are in the file drawer beneath....... What I really wan to do is rearrange both walls, but dh has screwed toghther the other wal and it would be way too much work. So..... I'm just gonna work on making the one wall the way I want it.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 09-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #1969
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

I just put away the RAK of paper flowers that I was RAK'd and the purple ribbons too...oh my...had to wipe the drool off my chin...it was so much fun to finally take the time to touch and feel the contents of the envelope!

Next...put away paper scraps that have accumulated on the table...

Pink Snuggles did take before pictures...

Old 09-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #1970
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:

As to limits, very few if any of the challenges are of a limiting nature. There are no challenge police. I will say if you upload a card using a scripture with an HYCCT keyword you will probably be pm'd by people trying to be helpful that you aren't allowed to do that.

If you don't plan to do all the challenges and be in the running for the top 10 or so prizes anyway, then just don't keyword any you feel like making with scriptures or skip any that seem limiting. Just one card sent to MD enters you for most of the prizes!

Edited to add: I'm just a happy participant, not a mod! So go with anything Misti or Lee says over me!
Gallery Blog

Last edited by mrslaird; 09-28-2013 at 09:37 AM..
Old 09-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #1971
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks mrslaird for your input...I haven't participated before with HYCCT and I would prefer if I am going to participate that I understand the "rules", written and unwritten!

My stamp room looks very nice and ready for a stamping activity this afternoon...going to stamp some images for a RAK...then make that card that is in my brain waiting to be put on paper!

Old 09-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #1972
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Paula....wanna be a Mod? We can make that happen! You covered it all perfectly!

If you do use a scripture then don't upload it for that challenge with that keyword since that's a specific requirement. Because all the cards you do upload for the HYCCT challenges specifically do need to be mailed to the cancer center.

I'm so excited about the challenges! I LOVE HYCCT! SCS is pink all month long!!!!!

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #1973
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post

If you do use a scripture then don't upload it for that challenge with that keyword since that's a specific requirement. Because all the cards you do upload for the HYCCT challenges specifically do need to be mailed to the cancer center.

I'm so excited about the challenges! I LOVE HYCCT! SCS is pink all month long!!!!!
Did not understand this detail...

I did buy some more pink bling...hmmm...now where is it because I don't remember putting it where it belonged...best think about that Michael's bag...maybe it's upstairs on my desk...

Old 09-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #1974
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

I bought pink bling! I also bought lots of white pearls at Michael's....they sell them in little boxes now of various sizes!!! And I'm coloring with my Copics to match my card design!

Stamp TV!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #1975
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Okay...I've been gone for how long? Went to get that bling right?

Instead I searched high, low, middle of the shelves, cabinets, moved, moved again, shoved, sighed, search high again...low again...all for something krapoppa was looking for and I was sure I knew where it should be...

Well...it wasn't...and then it was time for lunch...and well...

With all the above frustration of not finding the information I decided that when it was found that I would make apple crisp...

Then...Red Bear questioned my intelligence again regarding what is in a file bin...and right there where krapoppa had in the very beginning asked me what was in that file bin I said...stamping magazines...

WELL...nope...it was what he was wanting...

SO...I went upstairs to make apple crisp and forgot to look for the Michael's bag...

Up I go again...need to find that pink bling...and breast cancer die that I bought...both in the name of HYCCT!

Old 09-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #1976
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Am thrilled I found both...and I even tried out the die...yep...am going to like having that for HYCCT...a QuicKuts Awareness Ribbon die...for about $2 at Michael's...

and it worked in the Cuttlebug first try...

Makes me thrilled...

Old 09-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #1977
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I bought pink bling! I also bought lots of white pearls at Michael's....they sell them in little boxes now of various sizes!!! And I'm coloring with my Copics to match my card design!
I just bought two pages of pearls various sizes at HL for $2.50 and had the same idea, color them. Couldn't leave that clearance price there.

my SCS gallery
As long as you are capable of anger there are lessons to be learned
Old 09-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #1978

Quote:

Honestly Lee, I would love to be a mod. SCS has done so much for me over the years and I would love to give back like that. This is not the right season for me, though. I have a hard enough time managing my craft and computer time vs family time and I just don't think I can add that in without doing a spectacularly bad job somewhere. But I really hope to be able to volunteer in the next couple of years! (And I want to be clear, I know probably all the mods have more on their plate than I do, I am just not good at time management and multitasking.)
Gallery Blog
Old 09-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #1979
Stazon Splitcoast

yes, But , i do where to find angin. Can you give the daily link angin? What stamps you have use? Is there color code it? so I know with one done? what dose HYCCT stand for? How can when find what stamps or stamped images we might need for oct. challenges? what are you say about 31 challenges. I am might for stamped images. for Oct. challenges. If I can fingure out witchs I might need. And what the time frame to do the challenges in Oct. If can give me some ideals with give the challenge away?
thanks hotwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
Linda, did you know that the daily challenges here on SCS don't have a time limit? You can go back to the Sketch challenge & go through them from the beginning. You won't have to feel rushed to get them made & can do them on your time frame. Or whatever challenge that you decided to go with.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #1980
Proud Fan Club Member

yes, But , i do where to find angin. Can you give the daily link angin? What stamps you have use? Is there color code it? so I know with one done? what dose HYCCT stand for? How can when find what stamps or stamped images we might need for oct. challenges? what are you say about 31 challenges. I am might for stamped images. for Oct. challenges. If I can fingure out witchs I might need. And what the time frame to do the challenges in Oct. If can give me some ideals with give the challenge away?

Linda when you go to the HOME page of SCS there is where you will find the daily challenges listed. There is no time frame for these.
HYCCT stands for Hope You Can Cling To. It is a month long challenge for Breast Cancer Awareness and cards are sent to a specific location. You can also find out about this on the HOME Page at the very end of the Dailey Challenge list.

my SCS gallery
Old 09-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #1981
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks for the imformation But, I have more questions. What images or stamps. Do I need I was going ask for in rak froum. How long do you have to make the card/project and upload it? Are all the challenge posted at onecs or what? Do I play in all the challenges to be eliable to win the prizes? I may have more questions later. thanks hotwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post

Linda when you go to the HOME page of SCS there is where you will find the daily challenges listed. There is no time frame for these.
HYCCT stands for Hope You Can Cling To. It is a month long challenge for Breast Cancer Awareness and cards are sent to a specific location. You can also find out about this on the HOME Page at the very end of the Dailey Challenge list.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #1982
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

This is what I found for information...

2013 Shopping List

This is a thread that has questions and answers...

Hope You Can Cling To FAQ

and this is where they are chatting but I'll warn you...I never got caught up with the chatting, I finally started reading it backwards...

Hope You Can Cling To 2013 Chatter Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #1983
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks but so far not found the imformation I was looking for.
hotwheels
Quote:
This is what I found for information...

2013 Shopping List

This is a thread that has questions and answers...

Hope You Can Cling To FAQ

and this is where they are chatting but I'll warn you...I never got caught up with the chatting, I finally started reading it backwards...

Hope You Can Cling To 2013 Chatter Thread
Old 09-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #1984
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
thanks but so far not found the imformation I was looking for.
hotwheels
You can use any stamps or images...EXCEPT for religious...no religious stamps allowed.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #1985
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
thanks for the imformation But, I have more questions. What images or stamps. Do I need I was going ask for in rak froum. How long do you have to make the card/project and upload it? Are all the challenge posted at onecs or what? Do I play in all the challenges to be eliable to win the prizes? I may have more questions later. thanks hotwheels
there are no specific images required and if you go to the forum itself, that last post under the daily challenges it will tell you which supplies you may need. You will want to click on the different links. There is a Q & A forum on there also and you should find all the answers you need there. Hope this is helpful, Linda
I see kramomma has posted the links direct for you. That is where all of us find out the information we need to know about this. I don't understand it all but that's where i go.

my SCS gallery
Old 09-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #1986
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I don't have the answers to your questions. I have never done HYCCT but I'm just gonna do the best I can. I don't expect to do all of the challenges but I will do what I can. We are all in different places in our lives and can only do what we can do at that time. My family demands a lot of me right now And we will be traveling, but I will do what I can and find pleasure and enjoyment even if i am only able to do one card! That's all anyone can really expect. So don't fret!

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
janeenk likes this post.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #1987
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks ladies

I have the inforation need now....
Old 09-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #1988

Y'all, hope you can cling to is tons of fun, I have only ever had to buy something specific to finish a challenge and that's only because I couldn't figure out the tutorial they provided to faux it. SCSers seem to be at their friendliest, the cards will knock your socks off, and it's all for a great cause. Awesome prizes don't hurt either. But there's nothing to worry about. Everything is pretty well explained and you have about 5 weeks to participate so there's not much rush.

As for the religious restriction, MD Anderson is a part of the state of Texas so it's a separation of church and state issue. On top of that, Houston is extremely diverse. After NYC and DC, we have the most foreign embassies. My block alone has about 10 nationalities. Religious messages are the most comforting when it's your religion, but when it's not, well, it isn't. And the whole idea is to brighten the day of patients. I hope that helps make it feel less like censorship.
Gallery Blog

Last edited by mrslaird; 09-29-2013 at 05:19 AM..
janeenk likes this post.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #1989
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks for information. but 5 week is not long to me. I work very slow my mom help me stamp. And she cancer herself. And will be going Tusla ok cancer treatment center more test in Oct. And my cousin is going MD Anderson for cancer too. So the is speical to my heart you see! thanks hotwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Y'all, hope you can cling to is tons of fun, I have only ever had to buy something specific to finish a challenge and that's only because I couldn't figure out the tutorial they provided to faux it. SCSers seem to be at their friendliest, the cards will knock your socks off, and it's all for a great cause. Awesome prizes don't hurt either. But there's nothing to worry about. Everything is pretty well explained and you have about 5 weeks to participate so there's not much rush.

As for the religious restriction, MD Anderson is a part of the state of Texas so it's a separation of church and state issue. On top of that, Houston is extremely diverse. After NYC and DC, we have the most foreign embassies. My block alone has about 10 nationalities. Religious messages are the most comforting when it's your religion, but when it's not, well, it isn't. And the whole idea is to brighten the day of patients. I hope that helps make it feel less like censorship.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #1990

Quote:
thanks for information. but 5 week is not long to me. I work very slow my mom help me stamp. And she cancer herself. And will be going Tusla ok cancer treatment center more test in Oct. And my cousin is going MD Anderson for cancer too. So the is speical to my heart you see! thanks hotwheels
Hugs to your mom and cousin! The awesome thing about Hope You Can Cling To is that even just one card enters you for 90% of the prizes. So just do as many as you can - even if it's one! - and it will still be a great month of card making, charity, and prizes.
Gallery Blog
Old 10-01-2013, 04:52 AM   #1991
Stazon Splitcoast

So how many challenges are posted in a day for HYCCT?

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #1992
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
So how many challenges are posted in a day for HYCCT?
The first & last day 3, almost every other day just one.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #1993
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh thank goodness! Maybe I'll have a chance. What with being gone all weekend and then a 5 day cruise at the end of the month. But one a day I can handle. I hope.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #1994
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Does anyone know where you purchase adhesive sheets for this type of a project?

This is what the email said...

1. You will need a piece of cardstock (any color), a piece of aluminum foil and an adhesive sheet all cut at 4 x 5-1/4. Pull the backing off the adhesive sheet, add it to the cardstock. Pull the backing off that and add your foil to the adhesive. If you cut your pieces a bit bigger than 4 x 5-1/4, you will be able to trim them down to the correct size

Old 10-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #1995
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

1. You will need a piece of cardstock (any color), a piece of aluminum foil and an adhesive sheet all cut at 4 x 5-1/4. Pull the backing off the adhesive sheet, add it to the cardstock. Pull the backing off that and add your foil to the adhesive. If you cut your pieces a bit bigger than 4 x 5-1/4, you will be able to trim them down to the correct size
I don't but could you not just apply your tape close together?

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #1996
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Quote:

I know I've seen them elsewhere, I'm thinking even an office supply store.

http://www.acherryontop.com/shop/sea...ok%20Adhesives

Last edited by ashjoy; 10-03-2013 at 10:20 AM..
Old 10-04-2013, 04:36 AM   #1997
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I've seen adhesive sheets at our Michaels.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #1998
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrgentCookie View Post
I've seen adhesive sheets at our Michaels.
I watched an old StampTV video and saw the Gina used regular adhesive but adhered it to the card stock rather than aluminium foil and it worked...

Yesterday I spent lots of time watching StampTV videos while dicing green peppers for several hours!

Old 10-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #1999
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

I've done that Paula....put the adhesive on the cardstock. I've also used scor tape directly onto the edges of the foil because it's easy to attach without pulling on the foil.

Stamp TV!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #2000
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I've done that Paula....put the adhesive on the cardstock. I've also used scor tape directly onto the edges of the foil because it's easy to attach without pulling on the foil.
Hey lady, you talkin' to me?

I just used some of my purple RAK ribbon on a HYCCT #2...it sure made me smile...and I knew just where it was in the purple jar...had to get myself a second jar since the first one was full...