Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree772Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #1881
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Okay...I tried to be reminded to use what I have...but...it didn't work...so...I spent some cash at JoAnn's...

Did you know that JoAnn's now carries Darice embossing folders?

Yep, they sure do...but they weren't on sale...

They also had clearance of 1/2" glue dots...600 in a box...I did buy some of those...

And...since 111 embossing folders wasn't enough...and I didn't have some Darice and there was a $5 off your purchase coupon I bought 4 more folders!

Now I need to go play with my new toys...

{Faye}

Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the little voice at the end of that day that says, I will try again tomorrow.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:37 AM   #1882
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
Ooh great! Thanks! Ill check them out. Still not positive I'm gonna get one. But I do love being able to cut out my stamped images and layering....

Has anyone tried to set up to cut stamped images with no cut file?
I haven't tried that yet, but it is on my list of things to try... There is so much potential with this cameo that I haven't even tap into yet.

My favorite feature as of now is the "trace" feature. All you do is google pics and then trace to make a cut file. I have only done simple pics like clipart stuff so far, but I have seen some really good traces of other pics.

Also if you upgrade the software to the Deluxe Edition, you can open .svg files. So that opens up a whole new world of things that you can cut.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #1883
Stazon Splitcoast

can some help me? I have a card kits thread. And look for ways to help with it. Dose anyone have subguests for it? How can i get more stampers involved with helping me? by stamping and and make card kits? Please read the signature line card kits for more information. if your wish rak member If not a wish rak member. And you like help. Please Pm email for information. I donation card too all over places. A lot of places are not even listed on the thread. I donation too. I need more help hands.

Last edited by hotwheels; 09-15-2013 at 11:23 AM..
Old 09-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #1884
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

hotwheels...it is encouraging that you are so interested in helping others through your card making...

I use our local hospital to make donations of my cards to the chemo bay patients. I live in a small town area but the needs are the same here...today I am working on a couple of camo background cards for birthday cards...I thought there might be some male patients that would like to get or give a card too!

Keep up the encouragement to others...it is a good to help others smile.

{Faye}

Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the little voice at the end of that day that says, I will try again tomorrow.

hotwheels likes this post.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #1885
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks for the encouraging words. But I think you misunderstood this. I am handicapped and my hands Don't work well enough to stamped so people help me making card kits. For me to put together and colors. And I dontation them to differnt places. So I was looking for help hands. That would make some card kits for me to donation . Or any I deals for to spice up my card kits thread too get more help on this? My mom help me stamped when she can she my hands your might say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
hotwheels...it is encouraging that you are so interested in helping others through your card making...

I use our local hospital to make donations of my cards to the chemo bay patients. I live in a small town area but the needs are the same here...today I am working on a couple of camo background cards for birthday cards...I thought there might be some male patients that would like to get or give a card too!

Keep up the encouragement to others...it is a good to help others smile.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #1886
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Linda....most of us do understand, it's just that we have very limited time and our own places and special groups that mean a lot to our hearts where we put our stamping efforts. Unfortunately there just isn't enough time to help everyone. I'm sure the places you send cards appreciate all you do whether it can be a little or a lot depending on times and the amount of help you can get. It's the giving that matters..not how much. It's special no matter what it is.
janeenk likes this post.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #1887
Stazon Splitcoast

I lee,

I understand were you come from. I thought ask here with all brains working together. I thought someone would have a new wonderful stamping ideal too get the card kit thread rolling angina with wonderful stampers angina I have too much time on my hands I guess LOL!!!! And live in a small town that dose not stamps! And not friends in my town all my friends are long distances friends that stamp or crafted other than scs! LOl I am boring person....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Linda....most of us do understand, it's just that we have very limited time and our own places and special groups that mean a lot to our hearts where we put our stamping efforts. Unfortunately there just isn't enough time to help everyone. I'm sure the places you send cards appreciate all you do whether it can be a little or a lot depending on times and the amount of help you can get. It's the giving that matters..not how much. It's special no matter what it is.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #1888
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Linda, you should jump on a specific forum for your disability maybe those folks would have ideas of crafts or other things to do that would work for you within your budget.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #1889
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello there,
It is more then just about my budget. I pm you on the topic. I get your pm email. I glad you asked the questions you did? I don't know of any pecific forum for disabilities. Let along specific forum for disabilities. for crafting/ stamping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Linda, you should jump on a specific forum for your disability maybe those folks would have ideas of crafts or other things to do that would work for you within your budget.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #1890
Proud Fan Club Member

There are several. Here are just a few. I'm sure you will find your way around just like you do here. You could even start a thread for stamping and card making there.
Cerebral Palsy Support Group
Cerebral Palsy Support Group - DailyStrength
Old 09-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #1891
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks do you hung out on there thread and website you posted? just wondering I think about it. The scs site was easier for me join Because a fiend told about stamp craft related I scray be internet stie I don't know about. I feel more here tho. Thanks for the help I think about it tho.now let talk stamping! hotwheels

Quote:
There are several. Here are just a few. I'm sure you will find your way around just like you do here. You could even start a thread for stamping and card making there.
Cerebral Palsy Support Group
Cerebral Palsy Support Group - DailyStrength
Old 09-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #1892
Stazon Splitcoast

So I finally found motivation to work on my card project. I'm creating cards using a pad of designer paper. When I'm done ill have 80 cards!

Right now I'm folding card bases. I have 80 ( 3 7/8 by 5 1/ designer panels. I have 80 (5.25 by 4) "frames" to mat the panels over. I call them frames cause I used my rectangle die and my sizzix to cut the centers out to use for other layers. Also this makes the card lighter.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #1893
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is a birthday card I made for ddil using the paper.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
UrgentCookie likes this post.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #1894
Proud Fan Club Member

Very pretty Cher!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #1895
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks.

One thing I've learned about the designer paper is that the sides/edges (the cut edge) are white which I don't like so I use an ink color that matches or coordinates with the paper and swipe the edges with it.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:27 AM   #1896
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
Thanks do you hung out on there thread and website you posted? just wondering I think about it. The scs site was easier for me join Because a fiend told about stamp craft related I scray be internet stie I don't know about. I feel more here tho. Thanks for the help I think about it tho.now let talk stamping! hotwheels
No, I do not go to those particular sites as I do not have CP. I'm a stroke survivor so I tend to use the site called Stroke Smart for my support groups and information. My point is that you can't expect folks not dealing with your same issues to know how they can help, and when it seems like your soliciting to have things sent to you it makes you look like you are breaking the site rules. Its been my experience that when friends meet in these type of forums we only ask for specific items in swap threads and not in every thread we visit. Once you become friends then sending random happy mail may occur, but its just that random and not solicited.

As a matter of fact I keep an envelope addressed to several of my friends that when I make a card for them I will slip it in the envelope with a few stamped images or extras I think they might enjoy. Not one of them has ever asked for anything but friendship avd that it what I enjoy about our threads here.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:58 AM   #1897
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

One thing I've learned about the designer paper is that the sides/edges (the cut edge) are white which I don't like so I use an ink color that matches or coordinates with the paper and swipe the edges with it.
Thanks for sharing this tip...I've not noticed this on GKD 6x6 papers but the papers that are from big box craft stores and attached on one edge it always frustrates me to have to trim off the edge...and yes, usually it is no longer uniform in color edge...

UHM...would you be OCD or CDO? Just like me!

{Faye}

Old 09-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #1898
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

As a matter of fact I keep an envelope addressed to several of my friends that when I make a card for them I will slip it in the envelope with a few stamped images or extras I think they might enjoy.
And I've been the recipient of more than one RAK this last week...UHM...it's been all about the Momma I do believe and it's not even my birthday!

And...as for not understanding...I agree with your thoughts Ashjoy...I can't understand CP or a stroke survivor or caring for a spouse that just had heart surgery, just as I don't expect people that don't have POTS/low blood pressure issues to be able to understand the success I feel on days when I only maintain my house...but when my blood pressure is "normal"...I can FLY...AND STAMP...

{Faye}

Old 09-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #1899
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Thanks.

I didn't know there was such a thing as OSW for a 6x6 size. I'm now off to look for that.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:11 AM   #1900
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I didn't know there was such a thing as OSW for a 6x6 size. I'm now off to look for that.
At least Pinterest doesn't cost you anything to look and get ideas...

{Faye}

Old 09-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #1901
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this tip...I've not noticed this on GKD 6x6 papers but the papers that are from big box craft stores and attached on one edge it always frustrates me to have to trim off the edge...and yes, usually it is no longer uniform in color edge...

UHM...would you be OCD or CDO? Just like me!
Maybe I'm oc/dc

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
janeenk likes this post.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #1902
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I use 12x12

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:16 AM   #1903
Proud Fan Club Member

There are 6x6 OSW templates.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #1904
Stazon Splitcoast

So, michaels is having 60% off storage cubes and I am thinking of redoing one of my cube walls. I could use the ones I have left over on another wall. Hmmmm, trying to decide.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #1905
Proud Fan Club Member

That's a good deal, I need a few cubes with the slots for paper. Wonder if I can make it there this week?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #1906
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Do you mean for cutting or for layout ideas? Do you have any links to share?

{Faye}

Old 09-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #1907
Proud Fan Club Member

For both Kra, I just put OSW 6x6 in pinterest search and there are pages of templates for cutting and sample layouts.

Pinterest
Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #1908
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
What is OSW please?
As long as you are capable of anger there are lessons to be learned
Old 09-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #1909
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
What is OSW please?
One Sheet Wonders

Some ideas are 12x12 DP...but I discovered using 6x6 from watching CherCher make her cards.

{Faye}

Old 09-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #1910
Stazon Splitcoast

You probably gotta see one to understand, but it where you cut up a piece of paper (6x6 or 12x12 ) into deiiferent sizes and shapes and then use the paper to make cards.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #1911
Stazon Splitcoast

Back from michaels. I got 4 2 drawer cubes and 2 12x12 paper file drawers.

Now I've got to decide if I'm going to rearrange both my walls or just one. I'm leaning towards just the one as dh has already screwed the other wall together to provide more stability.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #1912
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
You probably gotta see one to understand, but it where you cut up a piece of paper (6x6 or 12x12 ) into deiiferent sizes and shapes and then use the paper to make cards.
I looked it up on P. it looks like a lot of fun. So you mark out your diagram, then cut and go and try to use all the pieces. Very intersting and economical too, it seems
Old 09-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #1913
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
I looked it up on P. it looks like a lot of fun. So you mark out your diagram, then cut and go and try to use all the pieces. Very intersting and economical too, it seems
Yes...I like when there are sketch ideas to go with the cutting diagram!

{Faye}

Old 09-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #1914
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes...I like when there are sketch ideas to go with the cutting diagram!
Yes! Although I cut one out and still couldn't use it. My brain just wasn't ready for that yet. Or maybe it was the paper.

I think my crafting is done for a week until we get the kiddos moved out/in and settled.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #1915
Forum Fanatic

Joyce,
here is a better link for how to do the out of the box die cuts.
There She Goes Clear Stamps: Wednesday Trends - "Out of the Box" Technique Tutorial
Old 09-20-2013, 02:57 AM   #1916
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Janeen, will watch that later when everyone is up and out.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #1917
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

OMG!

Pardon My French by NANCYRUTH - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm speechless.

I wudn't even do THAT!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #1918
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
Nice that there was something that brought you out of your space...

{Faye}

Old 09-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #1919
Stazon Splitcoast

hello Friend

I am going disaree with you here, one. I was asking for thing on this thread I was just for thoughts did ideals. And to belong to The froum and wish rak. We do help others out thing like you at random. Plus I sorry that you fill I bearking the rule. But, I Mod that used be scs. Said it was on okay started my card kits thread. and the mods now is okay with it too. So I not breaking any rules. I appicated when people help stamped. this is stamping subject will disarggee on sorry. I like at this way people help me stamps thing I able minstary. And help others too with card stamping. I hope we still stamping friends thanks.

Quote:
No, I do not go to those particular sites as I do not have CP. I'm a stroke survivor so I tend to use the site called Stroke Smart for my support groups and information. My point is that you can't expect folks not dealing with your same issues to know how they can help, and when it seems like your soliciting to have things sent to you it makes you look like you are breaking the site rules. Its been my experience that when friends meet in these type of forums we only ask for specific items in swap threads and not in every thread we visit. Once you become friends then sending random happy mail may occur, but its just that random and not solicited.

As a matter of fact I keep an envelope addressed to several of my friends that when I make a card for them I will slip it in the envelope with a few stamped images or extras I think they might enjoy. Not one of them has ever asked for anything but friendship avd that it what I enjoy about our threads here.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #1920
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
hello Friend

I am going disaree with you here, one. I was asking for thing on this thread I was just for thoughts did ideals. And to belong to The froum and wish rak. We do help others out thing like you at random. Plus I sorry that you fill I bearking the rule. But, I Mod that used be scs. Said it was on okay started my card kits thread. and the mods now is okay with it too. So I not breaking any rules. I appicated when people help stamped. this is stamping subject will disarggee on sorry. I like at this way people help me stamps thing I able minstary. And help others too with card stamping. I hope we still stamping friends thanks.
And that's fine for that thread. I was sharing alternatives as you asked how to get more folks involved with your thread.