Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Stampin' Flybabies (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stampin-flybabies-f392/)
-   -   PROJECT LIFE...documenting everyday life (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stampin-flybabies-f392/project-life-documenting-everyday-life-t567477.html)

mollymoo951 01-19-2013 05:30 AM

PROJECT LIFE...documenting everyday life

Are you "doing" Project Life in 2013? We call it PL for short.

What is it? Project Life is simplified documentation of everyday life, a concept put forth by Becky Higgins. Learn more here: Becky Higgins.

So...let's talk PL! :mrgreen: Are you on board for 2013? New? Veteran? Using your own stash? Using BH kits? Which ones! :mrgreen:

Acronyms you may see & what they mean:
PL - project life
PP - page protector...yeah...every time I see that I think PATTERNED PAPER. :wink:
BH - Becky Higgins

mollymoo951 01-19-2013 05:33 AM

I documented 2012 using BH Torquoise Edition. I'm documenting 2013 using Seafoam. I'm using physical product, not digital. I DID take the Jessica Sprague Photoshop / PL digital class...only a week...I still need to do the work AND purchase the digital kits...:roll:

Let's see...I need to finish 2012. :shock: I know. (hanging head in shame) BUT, I will do it side by side with 2013...it's gonna be interesting to compare the two years.

I have found that I work best doing a month at a time. I print my pics at Walgreens and keep a list of what day / what the pic is...so when they come back I can get started sorting, corner rounding, writing dates and laying out!

It's all fun. I've found organization, having the PL stuff accessible (storage), batch printing & doing a month @ a time were keys to keeping it up to date & done. I did Oct, Nov & Dec 2012 "batch" & wow!

I do a two page spread for each week...mainly using the PP style A.

chercher 01-20-2013 05:15 AM

I'm in! Now that I did those practice pages for Zack I'm hooked! :D

mrslaird 01-20-2013 06:41 AM

I'm looking forward to getting started on this year and finishing up last year. If I can keep up with my picture printing and not let my table get SO messy I think it will go much better.

I'm going by month, rather than week. I don't know that it really makes much difference except that I don't do title cards that say what week it is. ;)

mollymoo951 01-20-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chercher (Post 19952640)
I'm in! Now that I did those practice pages for Zack I'm hooked! :D

:D Is your DDIL going to keep it up? or will you be doing the album?

mollymoo951 01-20-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 19952757)
I'm looking forward to getting started on this year and finishing up last year. If I can keep up with my picture printing and not let my table get SO messy I think it will go much better.

I'm going by month, rather than week. I don't know that it really makes much difference except that I don't do title cards that say what week it is. ;)

Month works too. :wink:

:D

chercher 01-20-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 19952757)

Wise. I used to get so caught up on which pictures were first in order and let that way lay me. :rolleyes: back then I didn't have a camera that would date things.

chercher 01-20-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymoo951 (Post 19953063)
:D Is your DDIL going to keep it up? or will you be doing the album?

I showed it to ds while ddil was out for her run cause we had a quiet moment. He seems excited. But if they dont want to do it I will. He had said earlier that he wanted to do a scrapbook type album. Hoping he meant they and not me. Just cause I think it would be good for them to do. Plus they know the journaling details better than I would.

luvtostampstampstamp 01-21-2013 07:20 AM

I made great strides in getting some 2012 PL album work done this last week. And 2013 is off to a great start digitally. Seafaom Edition. A blog post done last week on my Week 1 layout and tomorrow comes a post about Weeks 2 and 3.

luvtostampstampstamp 01-22-2013 06:52 AM

Post is live today with my digi pages.

Melissa, are you doing the special PL kits through Studio Calico? Would love to see pics of your pages too!

stampingkwilter 01-22-2013 03:20 PM

I would like to do this, but I know myself well enough that I would just be setting myself up for failure. I am doing my own version of just writing in a diary every night. Nothing profound just what I did during the day. So far I have kept up with every day. Then again the year is only 22 days old...343 days to go! :mrgreen:

luvtostampstampstamp 01-22-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingkwilter (Post 19958235)
I would like to do this, but I know myself well enough that I would just be setting myself up for failure. I am doing my own version of just writing in a diary every night. Nothing profound just what I did during the day. So far I have kept up with every day. Then again the year is only 22 days old...343 days to go! :mrgreen:

The diary is awesome Suzanne! We each have to do what works...and what works can be constantly evolving at times I'm finding!!